By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Little Rabbit, Come Home

Lan Wangji

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Cultivator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
It's complicated
link
February 13th
@Lan Sizhui

It wasn't often that Lan Wangji left the Crystal Vales. Since he had arrived he'd definitely done his fair amount of travelling, but more than once he gravitated back toward the Vales where he seemed to feel most at home. Not to mention he and Wuxian had actually begun making their home, after a scuffle with a ghost and being able to sooth it, it had led them right to a settlement they could use. To make home. It was a fair bit of work since it had been abandoned, but when you had the famous Lan sect arm strength, heavy lifting was a piece of cake, not to mention fast travel was pretty handy too.

He'd left Wuxian back at the Voiceless Heights, right where the settlement was, though he was sure the man would be roaming around and doing what he liked. Wangji on the other hand had set off to Pandopolis, wanting to scout out the large library once more and see if there was anything useful he could check out, or even from their own world. He'd stopped by the galactic garden first, marveled at the wonderful and odd flora they had, some he had never seen before in his life. The cultivator had found there was a shop too, with lotus seeds, the man not even needing a second longer to think before he bought a few packets, making his way onward to the library soon after.

Wangji was surprised to find there were books he recognised this time, ones literally from the library pavilion he missed so much. As shocked as he was, he was happy too, running his hands over the familiar silk work around the spine and binding, so distracted that as he walked out from one of the aisles he very nearly bumped into someone. Stepping back immediately, Wangji bowed his head to apologise only to find himself looking at very familiar robes, the same blue and white, making him tip his head to one side before his gaze trailed up to see who was wearing them.

His heart told him who long before he saw with his own eyes.

"...Sizhui." He whispered, dropping his arms to his sides and the items he was holding with them, clattering to the floor at their feet. Lan Wangji didn't often make shows of emotion or surprise like this, but he thought he would be forgiven this once, even by Uncle Qiren. Lunging forward this time, he wrapped his arms around the young boy and pulled him in against his chest, one hand pressing against his spine while the other rested at the back of his head.
"You're here... You're really here, Sizhui." Wangji whispered as he squeezed his son to his chest, his hand smoothing over the boy's hair a little while longer before he finally, slowly pulled himself back.

With his hands on his star disciples shoulders he gave him another squeeze, his golden eyes a little more brighter than usual, from tears unshed, but he figured his son would forgive him this once. It wasn't like it was the only time he had seen him in tears after all, not to mention previous occasions had been so much worse. Reaching one of his hands up, he cupped Sizhui's cheek in his palm and felt the familiar warmth just beneath smooth skin, the elder actually smiling, wide and bright, to the point his eyes disappeared into nothing more than crescents.
"How long have you been here? Have you eaten? Are you hurt? Is anyone else with you?" Wangji asked, brushing his thumb across his son's cheek one more time before he let go, quickly picking up the things he had dropped while he waited for answers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lan Sizhui
L
L

Lan Sizhui

Lan Sizhui wasn't sure how to feel. Those last few days had been... complicated, to say the least, and the teen couldn't understand most of the elements that were completely building up to Pandora. It was... some kind of other universe, maybe an alternative reality, and really, maybe under other circumstances he would have been driven by the curiosity to learn new things that had reigned over his heart since he was a child, wanting to learn why that world existed, and why did it select, kidnap, people from other universes. Did the world choose them methodically, or was it a completely random process? There were millions of questions flourishing in his stressed brain minute after minute, and he wanted to answer every question, he wanted to solve every doubt, but he found it difficult to do so when he constantly worried about his peers.

Most likely they weren't on Pandora. They... probably, and hopefully, were back in their world, living their lives, but Sizhui worried about them, more and more every day. If only he had been more alert, his job consisted on protecting them from any evil, to keep his fellow disciples safe, and now he had no way of checking that they were really well. He could only hope, he could only afford to imagine and pray that all the people he cared about were perfectly well. He, fortunately, was too, thanks to the endless goodness and kindness that Xiao Xingcheng had shown him.

Unable to keep still and tied to one place, he had indeed travelled all the way over to Pandopolis, entering a bookstore in the hope of finding something to enlighten him, something to inform him more deeply about the world than he an inhabitant of now. Perhaps if he could find an important piece of writing, something that might interest him and help him to lose himself in its written words, he could forget the worries that haunted his head, again and again.

Moving to investigate another aisle, he couldn't go very far, because he instantly stumbled upon someone. Copying the action of the stranger, Sizhui bowed and almost opened his mouth, an apology resting heavily on his tongue, but the voice, the deep voice that spoke his name, stopped him. Paralysed him, in fact. The voice belonged to the man for whom he had screamed when he first landed in that strange world, the man who had raised him since he could remember, the man who his traitorous eyes sometimes viewed as a father figure, although Sizhui would never dream of calling him father. It wouldn't be professional, and his senior would most certainly not appreciate it. Sizhui wasn't a toddler anymore, he was already an adult. Displays of affection would not be welcome.

Before he could say anything, before the Lan could react appropriately, he felt strong arms wrapping him in a firm, warm embrace, his head naturally going to rest on a sturdy chest, under which a heart was beating worryingly fast. The teen was quick to return the embrace, hugging the elder tightly, hoping that the way he quickly and somewhat childishly buried his head in his chest would convey feelings of longing and relief. "Hanguang-jun, I am so glad to see you," he said, once they had left a little space between them, a soft smile drawn on his pale face, his eyes shining with a happiness he had not felt for days.

The affection that was being shown to him just now was... overwhelming. Sizhui appreciated it, very much so. The hand gently caressing his cheek, the eyes that shone with tears that his senior refused to shed, the smile... the smile that Sizhui hardly ever saw. It was such a rare smile, a smile that could easily light up the darkest of rooms. All that coming from Hanguang-jun... it was too much, and it made him feel slightly uncomfortable, but stupidly loved, just as his smile, genuine and wide, and his eyes, sweet and moist, probably showed.

Questions. Inquiries he had to answer. A feeling of familiarity enveloped him, encouraging him to smile even more. "Oh, it's okay Hanguang-jun, there's no need to worry! I've only been here a few days, nothing much. I've been well-taken care of, someone called Xiao XingCheng found me as soon as I arrived at Pandora. He... claimed to be from our world, but I'm afraid I do not know him. This was my first time formally meeting him. Do you know of him?" the words came out of him almost automatically, as informing the elder of any event was a usual activity. "I tried to find the other disciples, but I don't think they accompanied me on this unexpected journey. I'm truly sorry, Hanguang-jun, I couldn't protect them properly!" Then, leaving more space between them, he bowed once again, showing that he was truly sorry.

• Love
Reactions: Lan Wangji

Lan Wangji

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Cultivator
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
It's complicated
link
Sizhui... really hugged him back. The second young master of Lan was the first to admit he had not been the most openly affectionate throughout Sizhui's upbringing, at least compared to that of normal childhoods. But he had tried and actually been a lot better with the young boy than what he had experienced in his own youth, kinder, more affectionate, all while trying to be as caring and loving as he could manage for the child.

He'd been rewarded with the young teenager that stood in front of him now, proud and strong, but gentle, with a heart that was more open and understanding than most could ever hope to claim in an entire lifetime of trying. Wangji straightened the books he had in his hands now, though he barely restrained the temptation to stroke the younger's hair as if to reaffirm that he was really here, in Pandora.

The news of Sizhui's arrival and what had happened almost made the young master drop his books again, the name that came from his son making his own eyes widen in surprise. Xiao Xingchen was here?
"Yes, yes he was telling the truth. He is one of the great cultivators from our own world, a student of Baoshan Sanren. The last I had heard of him... he was not in the best of places but to know he's now here-" Lan Wangji would probably make a job of trying to find the man, to ask Sizhui for directions later on.

He couldn't say he knew the man, not beyond the brief encounters he had had with him or the stories he'd heard passed from region to region. But perhaps Wuxian would like to hear of this news, especially considering his connections with his own mother and Baoshan Sanren. Regaining his composure he heard Sizhui now apologising terribly for having let down his peers and of course, his mentor. It left Wangji staring silently as he bowed to him, a small smile appearing on his face before he reached his hand out and lightly lowered Sizhui's.

"You've nothing to apologise for, Sizhui. I've learned that when this world takes us from our own homes, it has a version of us continue living our lives as normal while we find ourselves here. The other disciples will be just fine." He reassured, pulling his hand back to motion for Sizhui to come and follow him should he choose to do so. Wangji walked them over to the reception desk where he checked out the books, thanking the worker there with a slight bow of his head as he did so.

He'd glanced back just long enough to see Sizhui was keeping up, the man stepping out onto the streets in front of them before he handed one of the books over to his son.
"Beside, I'm sure they've learned plenty from you to keep themselves well and running." Wangji added on, more than just a hint of pride in his voice as he spoke of Sizhui, that of whom he had trained himself. The book he had given the teenager was one from their own world he had just found, hoping that perhaps it would bring him some comfort and promise that things didn't have to seem as bleak as they always tended to upon arrival here.

"Come. You must be hungry, Sizhui. Would you like to share a meal with me?" Wangji asked, looking down at the boy before he began leading the way to a restaurant he had been to before. One that had been his saviour since they had catered to Wei Wuxian's own spicy, ridiculously spicy needs and Wangji's more mellow favourites. Speaking of Wuxian...
"So, you were on the mission to the Mo clan before you had come here? What was the last thing to happen before Pandora dragged you in?" Wangji asked as they entered the restaurant, sitting down at a table opposite the teenager, the other books he had checked out resting on the other side of the table with Bichen propped against his chair.

Current Season

Status Updates

Jace wrote on Dantalion's profile.
i'm love u
Update: I love your posts even if I "only" like them. I just hate those creepy yellow reaction emoji faces, bear with me
Ruby Rose wrote on Weiss Schnee's profile.
Weiss! i've missed you <3
So I'd like to turn everyone's attention towards Portals. They should be banned.
Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassandra
Top Bottom