By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Guide Lore Updates: Fill in the blank!

Andii

Application Division
Plots & Lore Division
Organizer
link

Welcome to the lore part of plots and lore! Or rather, an attempt to see what the community wants!

Hi guys! This here is plots & lore trying to get a handle on what kind of information you want and how you want it! ;) We want to know what YOU want! You beautiful members you (or staff, staff is welcome to post here too)! Basically this is an open ground place to let us know any of the following:
  • Updated guides! What kind of guides? All the guides!
  • What does x actually do?
  • Official lore entries on x thing
  • We want more x and we want it now!
  • Things we can't think of right now...

In example of those items: A guide to price comparisons! What does Promethus Dust actually do and where can I buy it? Can we get an official entry on the Pandora Times building and jobs to expand on what my character who works there can reference? What is Pandora's Hell like? What kind of planets are there in space? ETC ETC ETC

The possibilities are endless but there are a few rules to this thread! Please make sure to read each section at the start of this thread before adding in your 2 cents! <3 Or 12 cents. Or 2 million dollars. Really, hit us with your requests!

**Please note that if you want to make something yourself or flesh something out yourself from top to bottom you can do so here! This thread is not to request something specific to what you want on Pandora (i.e. make me a death cult, andii! vs. can I get info about the cults in Pandora). This is a place to request more detail from the broader strokes of Pandora vs. getting the exact thing you want for a character plot.

Andii

Application Division
Plots & Lore Division
Organizer
link
RULES & HOW TO

Everything has rules.

• Please follow all the normal rules of Pandora when posting here. Anything that could be considered triggering should be contained under a spoiler like so:
    Spoiler
  • All entries need to be filled out entirely. Staff cannot read your minds and we really need those details in order to consider your request!
  • One request per post to help keep us organized!
  • Lore is human. We will pick from this thread/run polls/etc as we complete our previous tasks. Any and all amount of rushing will result in your entries being removed from consideration. We want to give you all this cool shit to play with around the board, but we are human!
  • Additionally, if your entry is not chosen, we're sorry! We won't be able to do everything and fill in every detail ever (though we wish we could). As the community helps select what to work on and/or items are cherry picked by staff based on what gives us "muse", there will be some things to fall in cracks! If you are determined to SEE something in Pandora, please consider writing it yourself.

So how does it work?

Fill out a form below. Post it to this thread! Every once in awhile (as lore completes old requests) a new thread will be created with a poll of all the current requests from members. Members will then vote on their favorites! Staff will take that list as their new "to do" and work on completing it. Staff can also cherry pick items that really call to them. Either way, once an item has been "chosen" it will be crossed off the list/etc!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: milk and Steel

Andii

Application Division
Plots & Lore Division
Organizer
link

I would like some... expanded lore

What you would like expanded: Common knowledge item (i.e. prometheus dust) or business (Pandora Times). Please link us something if you can!
Location: If location specific, please provide location. If not, put n/a.
Code:
[h=1]I would like some... expanded lore[/h]
[b]What you would like expanded:[/b] Common knowledge item (i.e. prometheus dust) or business (Pandora Times). Please link us something if you can! 
[b]Location:[/b] If location specific, please provide location. If not, put n/a.

I would like some... common knowledge

What would you like to know? Famous Celebrities currently or in the past! Common price of milk. How much does it actually take to get your vigliante license? I just turned 16 and I want my drivers license.
Location: If location specific, please provide location. If common knowledge across the box, put n/a.
Code:
[h=1]I would like some... common knowledge[/h]
[b]What would you like to know?[/b] Famous Celebrities currently or in the past! Common price of milk. How much does it actually take to get your vigliante license? I just turned 16 and I want my drivers license. 
[b]Location:[/b] If location specific, please provide location. If common knowledge across the box, put n/a.

I would like some... guides

IC or OOC: if the guide is meant to be ic or ooc
What would you like guidance on? Common lingo guides. A guide to newbie resources IC. Etc
Code:
[h=1]I would like some... guides[/h]
[b]IC or OOC:[/b] if the guide is meant to be ic or ooc
[b]What would you like guidance on?[/b] Common lingo guides. A guide to newbie resources IC. Etc

I would like some... you've activated my trap card!

This is a free for all section if your request does not fall into the above categories. Try to let us know what you're looking for and what you would like expanded.

Code:
[h=1]I would like some... you've activated my trap card![/h]
This is a free for all section if your request does not fall into the above categories. Try to let us know what you're looking for and what you would like expanded.

InclinedToServe

Leaning Towards Obedience
Occupation
Future Medical Student... Eventually
Organizer
link

What would you like to know? Information about various aspects of navigation in the box. For example, do compasses work and, if so, which way is north? Are there specific stars in the projected sky that can be used to navigate, like a North Star? Are maps used in the box? If maps are used, how do they get around the fact that the world can undergo small changes from day to day and new places appear and vanish on a seasonal basis?

Piemaker

Sanctis Imperius
Species
Sentient Pastry
Occupation
Not a Piemaker, oddly
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link

What you would like expanded: History of Pandora! Are there any active archaeology missions set to uncover pre-history in the box? What kind of artifacts exist in abandoned locations and tombs? Was there a protosociety before Pandora and its pantheon became a parasite dimension?

Dharke

But I was going into Tosche Station...
Species
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link

IC or OOC: OOC.
What would you like guidance on? Tips on being a courteous role-player? There's probably a better way to describe what I'm trying to say!

Doesn’t need to be bossy, bitchy or preachy. Nobody’s going to judge/punish/nag people if they’re doing something "wrong". It’s just to make players aware that some role-play trends and behaviours could potentially have a negative impact on the community. Examples:

1. If somebody responds to your organiser or plot request, don’t skip them or ignore them! (Or try not to forget to reply! XD ) But looking at it from the other point of view, perhaps you could include a bit encouraging the impacted player to nudge the thread starter after x amount of time?

2. Try to prioritise group threads where possible. If you're going to drop your character, write them out of the thread first (again if possible). Or let players know, so they can write your character out instead!

3. If you’re going to post back and forth to a specific thread/several, try not to leave your other threads stagnating x amount of time. Again, looking at it from both points of view, you could include a bit encouraging the impacted player to nudge their partner after x amount of time?

* These examples could be written much better, like a list of suggestions as opposed to a “do this” or “don’t do that” attitude.

Sorry if any of this causes offensive! I appreciate that some of the examples I’ve given are more subjective and down to player tastes than others (particularly #3, where I know people can have higher “muse” when it comes to certain threads.). These were just a few examples that came to me immediately.

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link

What you would like expanded: The Fountain of Truth! Particularly how it works, what it looks like, and maybe even some expansion on the types of challenges people might face to get there. Since it's supposed to be hard to reach and all. I've got a thread with Noctis recently that goes into it's physical description that I was planning to turn into a full lore article. Figured I'd recommend it here in case somebody wants to take it and run with it. :)

Update from Staff: Fountain of Truth has been cherry picked by plots & lore!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rik-Rik-Rass

Player
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

What would you like to know? I've actually been super curious to know more about the various cultures of Pandora's major cities (and minor, if possible!)!!

So, things like 'what are the norms, mores and taboos of the hodge-podge denizens of Cascade Bay?'; or 'the unspoken etiquette and traditions of the seedier circles of Ark City?'. Even greater still, 'how do these multitudes of cultures interconnect and clash, and what benefits and consequences are there as a result?'.

It's not terribly specific, I know, but I feel there's great potential just waiting to be unearthed!

Location: N/A -- I'd love to learn about all of them! (Again, if possible).

Thank you for your time!

Edit: I'm not certain if this pertains more to Expanded Lore, but my apologies if that's more apt! I can change the category without issue, lickity-split!​

Allunara

Player

IC or OOC: IC
What would you like guidance on? When your character arrives in place X. What are they likely to experience. Some location guides include that natives are untrusting of newcomers does that include to all newcomers or if they see someone arrive does that make it better? Are there places that have centralized places where a character might get help getting on their feet. What are they likely to find out about the world within 24-72 hours or even a week. Not every character is as self reliant or capable when dropped in a new situation so it could be useful? (so kind of the new players guide but ic i guess?)

• Love
Reactions: Andii and Steel

Clayr

evil by popular demand
Alignment
Chaotic Evil

What you would like expanded: Prometheus Dust! How much does it cost, where can you get it, is 1 gram a lot, or is a kilogram a lot? Basically information about the practicalities of Prometheus Dust, things to mention in threads that talk about buying it, etc etc (sorry for the shitty write up, I'm on mobile).

Update from Staff: Prom Dust has been cherry picked by plots & lore!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Steel and Andii

Sayamy

Player
Occupation
Book Collector

What you would like expanded: Schools! We got the Schola and it's great and there've been mentions that normal schools exist throughout Pandora, but details please! Are they divided into elementary/middle/high school/university? Do they specify in one branch of education? What's getting covered? Is housing offered for kids without adult supervision? Are there private pay-for-entrance ones? Vanilla-humans-only schools? Can I homeschool my kid in the Dread Wastes? Online self study maybe? Are there tests to take to get validation for education from your home world?

• Love
Reactions: Steel and Andii

Ophelia

a commie DC fan dreaming of a guy called George
Species
a human
Occupation
studying stuff

I would like some... you've activated my trap card!

Hello, I would like some common, but also perhaps specific for people who might be interested to join, knowledge on StarFleet. Details regarding its structure, hierarchy, recruitment process, qualifications, politicial connections (who is responsible for giving the orders? Elysium's minister of military orr... idk), morality(is there a turnover rate depending on who's in charge in Elysium? did it have less edgy ppl under Jordan and more stick-up-your-ass kinda guys under Trilla or is it the same dudes ) and information on how do people climb the ranks(is it based on merit, political connections or something else?) ! Also, are there secret operations, secret subdivisions and do they work with indepedent contractors

IM SORRY FOR THIS BUT I WOULDN'T ASK FOR NO REASON i cant be actively involved in smth i donut kno what it do , sob,

Sayamy

Player
Occupation
Book Collector

What would you like to know? Local dishes / Foodstuff
what is a regions most-famous food? Anything fancy instagram-worthy places to be found? Ingredients that do fun things you can't find anywhere else or just a pandora-unique mix of cuisines from very different worlds

• Love
Reactions: Andii

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* react for a text thread and i will pop something up ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
No joke I'd app Bella or Edward in a heartbeat if anyone wanted to app the other one and we could write our own stories in Pandora
It would certainly make business easier if there were some kind of guide or list to Pandora's most renowned taverns. I have so little time for research, myself!
Whoever this "Stark" fellow is, sure has named literally everything in Pandora. That will not do at allllllllllll

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palcy
Top Bottom