[M] The Thing AU

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
He nods, though it's hard to grasp this big numbers, just how much they can do before it'd run out. Albeit that likely would be the same even if he'd gotten more education, simply for the strangeness of planning past your lifetime. “I'd like a stone tower one day. With a light on top, so we'll always find home in the forest” he muses. Lighthouse on top of greenhouse and all the other small additions.

Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Impossible
"A lighthouse sounds like a cool idea. I've never heard of one in a forest before, but we might as well try it at least."

Reactions: Daniel Wing

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
"Yeah. We'll have to make sure we don't let our plants grow wild, mind, don't want to cause a mess."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
“We could dig a trench around the perimeter, fill it with stones so roots don't go everywhere. Would make a good base for a fence too.” In the greenhouse it's easy to contain, he'll just have to figure out a way to automatic water it. Outside they'll have to watch it closer, or just find plants from here they can resettel.

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
"That sounds like a good idea." Local plants would definitely be cool too, if they can manage it.

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
"Um, aside from weed in the garden?" He runs a hand through his messy hair. "Hot water, maybe even a hot tub or something since we have no one to tell us we can't. Hell, we could build ourselves a gym or a playground or something if we wanted to!" The sheer degree of freedom they've acquired suddenly hits him and he grins. "I wonder what a room for practicing shapeshifting would look like . . ."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
"Hot water sounds great" Not that he minds the lake, loves the ocean all the same, but a hot bath is a luxury he barely ever had. And the kid joins in the grin, because this new reality has a lot of freedom alright. "Lots of mirrors and obstacles?" An parkour course would be nice anyway, to keep in shape, test things out.

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
"Yeah! And tunnels, maybe, and some kind of climbing wall . . ." It'll take a while to set everything up, but at least it's a goal.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
A long while to set this up – they'll pretty much be busy just lugging wood and parts for quite a while. Though it's all a good distraction, something to fill the days. Time that'll help Daniel to get used to shifting, to make it safe for him to be around people. Just because he had less instincts didn't mean there wasn't a chance of hunger getting the better of him.

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
Dealing with the urge to eat anything new is definitely an issue for Palmer, so he'll be checking in with Daniel about that regularly. Especially since they'll be doing a fair bit of work with all this, which would definitely make them hungry.

Palmer

The Thing
Pronouns
He/Him(It)
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
Palmer knows very well how hard it is to get Daniel to eat properly, so he's not exactly surprised that it's continued in his new state. He'll just have to see what he can do about it.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
One day this will be better, just takes more time. Years probably, but they have that, all it could possible need. Palmer already does good just reminding him, making sure something is available – carefully teaching him how to hunt for himself. At least they passed a first night, dawn slowly breaking on the horizon.

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

My internet is being hopelessly slow for reasons I can't figure out, don't worry too much if I disappear off and on.
I will finish this post. I will finish this post, even if I have to burn down all of Paris!
*shrieks in weretiger*
-peeks in- hello world :3
Hi friends :encatnod: I want to apologise for my absentness of late; work is crazy right now and I'm just feeling like poop. :notlikeblob: :thisisfine:
Thank you to everyone I'm plotting for being so patient with me and everyone in general for just being so lovely, you guys are the best :enstars4: :blobheart:
A lot of people here really should work on their moonlight tans..

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cruella de Vil
Top Bottom