By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

[M] The Thing AU

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Yeah, but you also don't want them to fall out again, right?” he replies with a smile. It looks easier than it'll will be, but they'll have to figure out how to make it weather-proof. Sure neither is really affected by it, but the house will stand longer if it doesn't suffer from damages. And it's just nicer. Also, he wants a garden, a greenhouse, eventually so this is a good way to test it out.

Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"True, getting them to stay in will be harder." He thinks for a bit. "Maybe put little holes in the corners, so we can tie them into place?"

Reactions: Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„Wouldn't that make them break easier?“ He has a plan, it's just going to be a bit more complicate than stacking wood. Probably he'll need to make some woodmaking tools first – or have Palmer show him how to shift in a way that'll be useful.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Hmm, good point. Maybe if we fabricated them with the holes already in place it would help?" He wonders idly how bulletproof glass is made.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“I thought we could do slots in the frame and fit them in with glue” Something he can do, with some tools. “Or we do one of those many-colored panels that look like they're puzzled together from scraps. I always liked those.” That they're more a thing for churches he can't know, only saw them in the city and enjoyed the soft colors.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel blinks irritated at that question. “It has to be a picture?” No art in Republic, though Palmer already must know that, since he barely knew any music either and was so hesitant about painting, even if he liked it, just because it wasn't something useful.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Palmer of course means nothing with the question, but sometimes the kid can't judge if it's a serious question or not that important. There are probably pictures he'd like to keep, but they're from a future that doesn't exist yet, so the only thing keeping them alive is his memory. Sometimes that makes him sad.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer just goes back to work, since he's not sure how to help. He tries, but being sensitive isn't really his strong point in a lot of ways.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He just works quietly alongside, the lack of chatter the best hint that not everything is alright. Palmer gives his best, it's just not enough sometimes, especially not with Daniels habit of not talking, relying on subtle hints to get across what was wrong.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer sighs. "I don't think you'll forget. If you do, I'll try my best to remind you." Not that he knows what they were like, but he'll do what he can.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
It's meant well, but Palmer doesn't know them. And even if he'd talk more about his family, it'd not be the same. Not that easy to be taken from your time, your family, your planet, when there was no emotionless Thing behind to ease the pain. Daniel still got homesick.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer knows how much it must hurt, but he can't really feel it. For him leaving everything behind was a relief, both to the Thing and to 'Palmer.' As the Thing it would be nerve-wracking to return to people who knew the old Palmer and have to play him perfectly forever, and 'Palmer' would find it terribly morbid to be standing in for a dead man to everyone who knew him.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
As usual Daniel doesn't talk about it more, working quietly. One day this might boil over, but that won't make it any easier to talk about. And despite the change being finished some more, he still got tired, didn't want to spend another night alone. „Will you read to me?“ To an extend he's scared of not being able to anymore, despite the exhaustion saying otherwise. Maybe it's just that little habit missing to give him a peace of mind.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He's pretty much randomly picked a book out of the ones they actually have in paper – something from a Stephen King, which made him believe it'd be about kings, having no idea what this author was famous for and that this genre probably wasn't good for any traumatized kid.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer takes one look at the cover and shakes his head. "Stephen King writes horror stories, you'd hate him. How about this?" He grabs a copy of Catch-22, which is at least really funny.

"It was love at first sight. The first time Yossarian say the chaplain he fell madly in love with him.
Yossarian was in the hospital with a pain in his liver that fell just short of being jaundice. The doctors were puzzled by the fact that it wasn't quite jaundice. If it became jaundice they could treat it. If it didn't become jaundice and went away they could discharge him. But this just being short of jaundice all the time confused them.
"

Current Season

Status Updates

sorry to the people i'm writing with, kind of all over the place lately. trying to work it out and get back to normal soon hopefully.
So sorry for the recent slowness! I'm gonna post hoard through the weekend and try and catch up in one fell swoop to reset a bit.
// if I disappear, I should be back this Saturday :) //
Zhongli wrote on Howl Jenkins Pendragon's profile.
hOW REMARKABLE THAT I MAY FIND AN EXCEPTIONAL WARLOCK SUCH AS YOURSELF ON THIS EXTRAORDINARILY CONVENIENT PLATFORM AS WELL.
SonicSora wrote on insomniacowl's profile.
watch yourself, little man, i'll get your clown shoes

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kazuha Kaedehara
Top Bottom