By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

[M] The Thing AU

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Oh” That is news, but explains why he feels like shit. Part of him is sad about the things lost he'll never know now, but then there's also some relief that he can stay himself in body by default. “So I'll never have gills?” Was about the one thing he looked forward to.

Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I think you can learn. You just have full control now." He pats his friend on the shoulder. "You don't have to worry about its mind replacing yours, which is the important thing."

Reactions: Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He hasn't felt too much in control all this time, that is true, but it still feels odd. “That was a problem?” Hasn't noticed to much of it, no blackouts, not too much instincts clashing with what he wanted. “...do I still have to eat like you?”

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I'm not the original Palmer, so I worried about it even if it was unlikely. But you're through now and still yourself." Now he just has to learn how to use his new abilities. "And yeah, you do, but nothing's stopping you from also eating normal food."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He doesn't like being reminded that Palmer is gone, it's scaring him that he'll be alone one day. At least he can choose what to eat, though he can feel that living food will be needed for shifting properly. But it's something and he just hugs his friend, who sure was rather scared it'd not end well.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer is happy to accept the hug, of course. Knowing that Daniel is going to stay himself is a great help and he doesn't know what he'd do without it.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„Wouldn't you be happier if we were the same?“ he asks quietly. They're technically not even the same race, can't know if he'll even live as long. Not being all changed also means he is still in danger of dying from getting hurt, can't heal that easily.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"It wouldn't be you anymore if we were the same. I'll take the person I've known all this time over a stranger that's more like me." Especially since that stranger might not be interested in pretending to be Daniel, might want to take over the planet or something equally pointless.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„But you're the same.“ Or at least good enough. He wasn't that close to the old Palmer, not with the age gap and having to keep secret who he really was. So of course the kid doesn't know how different it could be and it's a pointless discussion anyway, since there's no changing him now. His infection run it's course and Palmer might still be able to reach out and influence it, transfer knowledge, but not override it.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I can act the same, but I'm not him." What happened to the original mind is something that gnaws at him sometimes, and he doesn't want the same to happen to his friend.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
That now has him shut up and hold tighter to Palmer, not all that sure if he wants to be friends with the old one or the pretense, how much of it is real when the Thing values his company more to keep itself together, functional. The lines are blurry and you can still be lonely if there is only one other person.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer isn't always sure either, but either way he's happy when Daniel's happy. The Thing underneath cares less, but since it likes playing Palmer it comes to the same thing.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
It's a bit problematic to think too much about Palmer being just another mindsets. One that could vanish, if the Thing ever bores of it or finds something better - while Daniel can only ever be himself. Better to go back to distractions. "Want to continue on the house?"

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Whatever Palmer becomes, Palmerthing intends to remain friends with Daniel. He's as close to kin as it's likely to have any time soon.

"Sure, where do you want to start?"

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
The Thing could make more of itself anytime, that's the worry. Daniel doesn't want to be replaced by something better, like Republic intended all those years ago, and not being able to keep up is bringing that up. "Still need to cut out the openings for the windows. And I need woodmaking tools, to make the bits for it."

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer doesn't know how to explain the difference, nor indeed that he has to. Daniel was there when Palmerthing was born, yet is also its first 'child.' How could that ever be replaced?

"Alright, I'll fabricate some tools." Shouldn't be too hard.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniels insecurities are simply the result of his upbringing, no one at fault. Republic would've found a way to replace everyone. "And I'll mark the building" And maybe take in a lizard or two during it. Or maybe insects. This still was anything but his favourite pasttime, but it was necessary.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer nods and heads into the ship, returning with tools for Daniel. He starts working on the opening for the windows, humming something to himself. "Is that good?"

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
The kid never really used this tools, so this is a steep learning curve, but he enjoys it. Something new, it's keeping him from thinking too much, he's making a home for himself. One no one will take away if he can help it. And Palmer is humming again, that's always a good sign, has him nod with a smile.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Once he's done with the window he starts working on the doorway, still humming softly. It's surprisingly fun in its own way. He gets to watch all the strange and alien creatures going by, for one thing

Current Season

Status Updates

Post hoarding this weekend as I’m not feeling too hot!
Thancred Waters wrote on Ruby Rose's profile.
Well, well, well. Look what the cat metaphorical and/or literal god dragged in.
Went to school for 14 years just to never use 80% of of what they taught me. Crazy.
Daniela Dimitrescu wrote on Bela Dimitrescu's profile.
Bela!!!!!!!!! i've missed you so much ;;

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maya Fey
Top Bottom