By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

March Recs: Emotional Threads

Raine

werewolves do it by the light of the moon
Application Division
Community Relations Division
Race
Werewolf
Occupation
Warrior
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link

Emotional Threads

March Community Recognitions ♦ March 16th - March 23rd ♦ Raine Pick

Let’s hear it for those emotional threads, whether they’re a reunion or something a little sadder.

Guidelines
  • You can spotlight as many characters as you like.
  • Individual Characters: You MAY NOT recognize your own character.
  • Pairings, Groups, & Threads: You MAY recognize a pairing, group, or thread that your character is a part of.
  • Did somebody already recognize a character you wanted to recognize? That's okay, go ahead and mention them again! They won't receive an extra trophy, but they'll be appreciative!

Trophy For Recognized Parties!​
Soon™​

I Want To Recognize Somebody!Great! Just use the quick form below and reply to this thread!

Code:
[blockquote][h=1][url=]thread name[/url][/h]
Blurb goes here!  This can be as long or as short as you like![/blockquote]

Fleet

gentlemen, assassins and ladies of the night.
Organizer
link

Times Running Out

So basically in this thread @Anna Valerious is injured fighting a monster and Boba is frantically trying to save her life. That's the general outline, but the content of the thread is so much emotion and feels as these two characters allow their barricades too come down, as they allow the other person to see that they care for each other as family. @EXORDIUM has been a superb writing buddy for this and we've had several emotional threads with these two characters, and sometimes with other characters who bring in further amazing elements, (you're awesome too Chen! xD) but this thread clinches it for me in terms of feels I felt writing as part of it and reading it!

As above so below

Thread summary @Batman has a lead that needs following, Jason chooses to tag along, only the lead takes him back below ground and of course, everything goes wrong. This is a thread where the delightful @Chen has let me explore Jason's PTSD once again (you superb writing partner you). Not only do I get a chance to explore Jason's PTSD but seeing Chen's responses with Bruce is a real kick in the feels! Especially where Bruce comes to realise Jason is suffering alot more than just physical injuries but mentally to. When it finally clicked fr Bruce what was going on, well I'll let you guys read and see how you feel :p

OK for now I am done with the cheese, more may come later!

• Love
Reactions: EXORDIUM

Lann

Player
Race
Human, probably

i used to have a home

Happening in the aftermath of both @James Ironwood and @Ozma experiencing events that send them reeling, this thread was a pleasure to read as it explored the relationship between two men who, even if they haven't always seen eye-to-eye, have known each other for decades, and all the awkward knowledge and hang-ups that that kind of bond entails.

• Love
Reactions: James Ironwood

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link

i have lost a hero, i have lost a friend

This has been a really emotionally difficult thread to write because of the circumstances. There's a lot of loss, anguish, references to suicide, but I have so much appreciation to @milk for being so willing to go on this threading journey with me. Robin's friendship and kindness is literally the best thing to have happened to Xingchen in Pandora. ;;0;; I have a lot of feelings about their friendship and it all boils down to how that friendship started in this thread.

• Love
Reactions: milk

Nyami

Silver Fox Fanatic
Alignment
True Neutral
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

[M] Tell Me Where It Hurts

In this thread, Carter Burke is injured and traumatized after a near-fatal encounter with Justin McCay but Clara comes to his rescue and takes care of him, and the two of them realize their feelings for each other. It's one of the cutest and sweetest hurt/comfort threads I've ever had and one of my favorites of all time! I absolutely adore this pairing, too - long live Osburke!

• Love
Reactions: Hannah

King

supreme overlord of emo
Application Division
Organizer
link
OH WONDERFUL AN EXCUSE TO TALK ABOUT CROW PANDORA I GUESS

my least favorite you

Part one of three for these fire emblem guys, and just as a warning there's some mild 3 houses spoilers of coURSE they're both from the end! but!
Sylvain remembers being at Felix's side for the majority of his life, following him into every battle, planning a life with him, and Felix remembers... being on the opposite side of the war.

It's been this long-as-hell both... slowburn/yet also established relationship thing and it is SO MUCH FUN to write. I feel like I could have muse for this pairing alone for years if it came down to it. Crow's one of my favorite people to write with just because his characters feel sO much and SO hard and he makes it so evident and real.

as though there were no tomorrow

After many, many months... Sheesh, five months?! Sylvain finally admits the extent of how serious he was about Felix.
They can't get married since they're both happily in a plural relationship and marriage as they know it doesn't quite work that way, but... god I just love this pairing,

it's a good mix of childhood best friends + betrayal / insecurities x the fact they've been in love with each other for as long as they can remember = chef kiss my dudes. chef kiss. kiss your local bird on the head softly (in spirit and with consent) i love one (1) corvid

among the ashes

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY I have a weakness for childhood friends-turned-loves-turned-tragic alright anyway

this is a super heavy thread from the event where one could enter a place from their memory in a dream; and Dimitri fire emblem gets to relive the moment his brain kind of got scrambled from terror, from loss, from emptiness. It's a heavy thread but I've never been more proud of a mood through a post and DAMMIT i love u danta thank u,

dont go home without me

hey look another slowburn ship with crOW
anyway Shinji and Ryoji were both the outcasts of their group before they even came into Pandora. They got in and one by one everybody left - this thread has that post i talk about with shinji where it's "1.5k words, one word of dialogue" kinda shit
Ryoji is such a tragic character and I am so attached. Experiencing him without the other half of him and how terrified he is that he can't exist without it is so heartbreaking and i love it

i'll stand in the garden with you

HI THIS IS THE CONFESSION THREAD
I'm still not over the huge buildup over a few months of pining only to have them say they love each other and just the "oh... alright" i will continue sobbing over this one sorry

sensations like scissors

it's a oneshot self-post and I remember waiting so long to read this,
it's so sad and i just want to shout @ friend for writing well for ten more years thanks

I was going to put the engagement thread on it too but i think that's enough lovin friend on main
people send me more emotional content I am ready to gush to and for you,

Jace

an absolute fiend
Race
vampire
Occupation
writer
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
here we go gaymers this is gonna be a Lot
feat. these angst gremlins: @eudaemonics @Steel @Clayr @Piemaker @Alex @Dantalion

matters of the heart

have i ever talked abt how amazing euda is with allen? genuinely, she's just overall an amazing writer who i'm lucky to get to thread with. she captures allen's absolute gremlin energy so well but then she'll smack you w the complicated set of emotions that comes with having an evil being hitchhiking in your body that wants to hurt the people you care about

scared of letting go, you stay again today

it's loving euda hours y'all bc holy shit. one of the best parts about getting to write abba here is that i have such amazing canonmates and euda's narancia is constantly so fucking good?? his love for his friends, his honesty, the absolute trust he has in all of them that gets broken

in canon it's already so painful watching narancia break down but this thread just makes it somehow even worse and abba will hug him some day,,, some day

she's just so good y'all and she bullies me i can't put it into words

everything i wanted

i cannot ever find the proper words to describe how good steel is at literally everything. all of our threads are always so good and our angst packs a punch that takes a Minute to recover from esp these two i am a Fool and love best dad gabriel reyes gkfjdh

(m) the time's come to play

bro the daye investigations squad got me good. lena and shoto getting stabbed? toby being set on freeing dante? it's good content that hurty big time

now all the marks have settled on my skin

clayr, the queen of angst. fun fact: we've had a bet going for months now to see who'll make the other cry first and danta won without even being in it but that's beside the point. she has tortured me since october w lavi and lena and how their relationship is just so fucking Important. they don't know what they'd do without each other and the amount of times they've almost lost each other just keeps adding up all the time

honey what are you gonna do

yo clayr went for abba's throat. this thread is just a callout post for all of his horrible tendencies and habits and it kills me. "You've hollowed yourself out, Leone, become a black hole of emotion, and it's going to pull those around you in, eventually. I look forward to seeing it." every single line hits so hard, every single line digs into him and it rings true. that's the worst part for him, and there's so much panic there.

anyway my point is that clayr is way too good at writing villains and it's been super fun getting to write w her morgana and come up with horribly evil plots where the team gets hurt bc the hole only gets deeper from here. i couldn't ask for a better partner in Angst

never thought i'd meet someone like you

alright this does get fluffy but i promise it starts so painful. god y'all Murdered me w this. lavi may not approve of them but the mutual healing going on w this ship is so soft and i'm so fucking happy for both of them they deserve soft content after everything they've both been through. pls ignore lavi and abba and live ur best lives i support u

[m] why fill my sorrows with words you borrowed

honestly any threads we have w seph and gen are absolute murder to my heart but. this one in particular is just a lot of genesis wanting to say something and seph not listening at all bc if they listened to him it'd be Harder and they wanna ignore emotions until the end of time

you are my truest feeling yet

okay here comes a lot of me talking abt bruabba i'm so sorry. danta's bruno, y'all. she captures him so damn well i don't have the words for any of it. he's such an amazingly complex character and she catches all of the angles so many people miss, i could not ever ask for a better bruno. she won that bet clayr and i had by making me tear up w one of the replies in this thread and it blew me away like holy shit

it was this reply specifically that broke me iirc. the "Leone was hopeful. He could cling harder to this mortal world, then, and believe in him as he has always done. Four simple words: "I believe in you."" and then the entire last paragraph just body slammed my heart

i don't think i can ever properly explain how much it hurt to think about what exactly that means to abba. to hear someone say that they believe in him in what is so easily labeled a hopeless situation. the faith that bruno has in him, that kinda trust that no one has ever given him before? fuck man it's a Lot to think about

no one has ever believed in abbacchio before. he certainly doesn't believe in himself, he knows that he won't give up but it's not a belief type deal. it's desperation that drives him, bc he can't lose bruno but bruno fucking believes in him, and that's what gives him hope. that's how he's always found hope in life even when everything seems so incredibly helpless

danta's an incredible ship partner and i'm just so happy we get to write them bc it's such an interesting dynamic and kgjfdhg fuck man i'm Emotional

the love you inherit is called fate

alright all of danta's jojo characters are phenomenal u must accept this as a fact already. this thread has legit just started but it hurts and i have so many feelings abt joseph joestar. the zeppeli/joestar dynamic has always and will always be one of great love and great importance to the plot but more importantly to the characters themselves. as people, who they are with each other is always going to be a better version of themselves than without

having to lose someone that's so important to helping you become your best self, helping lift you up and challenging you to be your best self? it's a lot, and getting to see them start to understand that even better than they already did in canon bc they already lost each other once is just chef's kiss. they struggle w understanding what it means, but they'll get there together

Nico

Eternally Tired ♥
Alignment
Neutral Good

A Return to Where it All Began

@Nico di Angelo made a few stupid decisions before he left Pandora for the first time, such as making his family believe he had gone missing, right after his boyfriend and sister left pandora, he fell into a downward spiral. Returning to Pandora he lands right where he did the very first time. He met Sayamy's @Daniel Wing one of his closest friends who he's happy to see. Now Nico has to deal with the guilt and the outcomes of his actions.

pixel

scream into the void
Race
( ´ ▽ ` )
Occupation
graduate student
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link

there's no plan, it had to happen

i'll be totally honest and say that i never expected this thread to be as good as it turned/is turning out to be, but it currently holds such an important place in my heart that i can't not include it here. in all the time i've played cinnabar, no one has truly been able to understand them on so many levels as fugo does - i definitely saw a connection when i first reached out to plot, but was still absolutely floored by the dynamic these two share in their interactions once the thread really got started. this power that is both harmful to its user and those around them, yet can't be discarded without losing a part of themselves in the process; fugo is able to convey these complex webs of emotions in a way that cinnabar has never been able to figure out before because he gets what it's like, having experienced something similar (if not exactly alike), and i find that so incredibly beautiful in the best way possible.

in all honesty, it's the way @InclinedToServe writes fugo that really gets to me, and i feel extremely lucky to have gotten the opportunity to write together as early on as i did. reading each post is an absolute pleasure even though i get super worked up about it, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

when the stars align

i get worked up over this thread for entirely different reasons in that it simultaneously makes me want to say 'i'm sorry' to @Dantalion for cinnabar's ridiculous stubbornness but also get so frustrated at phos being...phos, for lack of a better term. it's the reunion that should never have happened, the talk that should have taken place a long time ago, and things being said that really have no place other than thoughts because of how bitter and cruel they come across as. i had a love hate relationship with the dynamic these two had in canon, and it's good to see that that hasn't changed in pandora (though i'm also rooting for them because i play cinnabar, but that's not the point).

it's been mentioned by a bunch of people above me already, but i have a lot of respect for danta and her writing, which is always, always wonderful to read and even better when i get the distinct pleasure of writing a response. phos is, at least in my opinion, a pretty difficult character to pull off, and danta nails all aspects of them perfectly, each nuance and tiny detail alike. it's been an amazing time despite the suffering, which may/may not change in the future, i don't really know yet.

Dantalion

Is this an enemy stand?
Occupation
Student
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Time to call out all of these threads
@Jace @Clayr @Andii @Crow @milk @ScorpioRat @eudaemonics @InclinedToServe @pixel

The Time's Come to Play

I'm not a part of it, but I absolutely love what's happening so far. Morgana is such a lovely written villain and the way she's trying to break DI is interesting in such a tragic way. Lenalee getting stabbed and Dante's suffering at Morgana's hands are just so well written. Everything connected with this plot is just a favorite of mine.

Honey What Are You Gonna Do (M)

Another Morgana thread, but this time involving Abbacchio. God, reading this tore my heart out. Leone's bond with Bruno is so powerful and the way Jace captures that it is perfect. Abbacchio would walk through lava if that meant bringing Bruno back, hence why he's so willing to make a deal with a figurative devil. This line in particular hurt: "even when they are the only things that can fill that shriveled husk you call a soul, Leone."

I absolutely love Leone Abbacchio and Jace writes him in such a beautiful way. He's misrepresented by the fandom so much, and getting to see him written like this is such a special treat. Jace already mentioned our threads already so I won't bring up old things, but he's a wonderful shipping partner and all of Leone's threads makes me so emotional.

The Pinnacle of False Belief

There's always so much emotion between Felix and Dimitri, and that's very evident in their first thread. They had been childhood friends for the longest time, always together, then Dimitri changed after a tragedy and their relationship hit the rocks for almost a decade. There is so much history and feelings between them.

Could I Have Saved You?

The same pairing but Felix coming out with a truth that Dimitri couldn't believe. The ultimate betrayal basically, and Dimitri struggles so much to accept this. It's tearing them both up because Felix is drowning under his guilt and Dimitri can't believe that someone who is so important to him would do something like that.

Lingering Scars (M)

The three fire emblem lords appearing in an underground dungeon chock-full of undealt with scars and trauma. What else can I say? There's so much history with the three of them that is impossibly convoluted and this thread is basically ripping off too many bandages at once.

Death by Crying

I love both of these characters and this reunion is such a painful one. Claude doesn't open up to a lot of people, but the fact that he did about something so horrible is a testimony to their friendship. Milk and Octi have executed this wonderfully, and it's such a treat of a thread to read. They both handle their characters amazingly and the character development is phenomenal.

Old Chains (M)

Sinbad and Edelgard are acquaintances, at best. They sparred with one another, and that was the extent of their relationship. However, this thread is just drudging up both of their pasts and it's forcing Sinbad into a corner where he has to confront it in front of someone else. They share a lot of similarities that this is bringing to light, the fact that they've both been captive of old chains. As a word of warning, though, it does reference slavery that does appear in Magi.

Accepting Mortality

It just started but I'm already so emotional. Narancia is practically like a son to Bruno Bucciarati, and he found out that because of him, Narancia ends up dying. He has to hold this talk with him, to clear the air with him and reconnect with him after the time they've spent apart due to Pandora. There's also the fact that Bruno is already dead, and he's trying to figure out a way to break this to Narancia without hurting him further.

Old Decisions

Just like Narancia, Fugo is another kid that Bruno practically adopted under his wing, but there's a lot of history between them. Fugo "betrayed" him in a sense, and that guilt hangs over Fugo daily while Bruno is just trying to put it to the side. So they finally meet again in Pandora and Bruno just corners him and has to break the same news to someone so important to him.

When The Stars Align

Pixel talked about it at length, but I can't not talk about it! Cinnabar and Phosphophyllite's relationship has been such a big up and down before just crashing through the crust of the earth and burning up. They have a history that dates back centuries and ultimately, they're not the best for each other. They don't understand one another and it leads to so many painful moments despite how much they care for each other.

Phosphophyllite has cared so much for Cinnabar ever since they met one another, and it's tragic how their friendship has ended. Once upon a time, Phosphophyllite would've done anything to find a happy place for their Shinsha, but that has long passed. I just want to say that Cinnabar is such a multifaceted character with a lot of buried depth that Pixel has portrayed wonderfully. Every little thing that makes up their character shines through Pixel's writing, and it's an absolute wonder to get to thread with her.

Raine

werewolves do it by the light of the moon
Application Division
Community Relations Division
Race
Werewolf
Occupation
Warrior
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link

say goodbye and let him go

Raphael's funeral :sob: :sob:

you can try but you can't break me down

Bonding over losing some of their loved ones, Jess and Karen comfort each other(innocently), and Jess actually allows hugs and lets her emotions out. Afro plays such an amazing Karen and I am so glad Jess has a friend like Karen even if she feels like she doesn't deserve it.

so many things to tell her

Scott and Carrie tell each other some secrets and they also admit their feelings <3

• Love
Reactions: Hannah

Hannah

luminous beings are we
Race
Vampire
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link

tell me where it hurts

Clara and Burke finally admitting feelings! I love this pairing so much and always look forward to threading it with Nyami.

doomsday

Rose and Clara find the TARDIS dead, and are in for more heartbreak because it means The Doctor is gone. Afro is a dream to write with and I love these two ladies and their friendship.

adoption please

Bo officially adopts Carrie <3 I love this familial relationship so much and of course, any chance to thread with Raine.

• Love
Reactions: Nyami

FullMoon

Shipper
Race
Trainwreck
Occupation
Being a mess
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Forming Voltron
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Oh No He's Hot Again

Extremely misleading title aside, this thread still makes me sad whenever I look back on it. Claude being rescued from certain death by Pandora, immediately running into one of the people he lost during the war and not being able to just play dumb is just, gOD. @milk 's Claude is SO GOOD

Never Let Go

Leonie/Claude Angst Pt.2, this time with focus on Leonie's side of the mess. The tragedy that looms over their whole relationship really gets to me, with Leonie being complete and utterly powerless to do anything about Claude's fate and hating every second of it. It's probably not something I'd ever write with her outside of Pandora and it's so interesting to explore and I'm very thankful to have gotten the chance to do it even if it hurts me every time I think about it.

so...

The happy kind of emotional for once dsafjkhs. Claude and Leonie just going into detail about how highly they think of each other and getting themselves engaged on Valentine's Day is just good even if this one is actually still not done but unless we end up sucker punching each other with something extra I think the big part of is done lmao

An Impossible Reunion Part 2

I'm not even in this one but father and child reuniting after one of them witnessed the other die hit me where it hurts the most and I'm most definitely not ok and I just want to leave that very clear

Dying Into Black

This thread is very old by this point but it's still great! Ayano and Shiro's relationship in Pandora was both adorable but also had room for a lot of angst and this was one of them. Ayano understood how Shiro felt in her own way and there was a lot of trust between them and overall it was one of my favorite relationships in Pandora to write. Bless you @EXORDIUM

don't drown with me

I've never played Persona 3 but I'm very emotionally invested in Shinji which just makes everything worse but alas. Shinji ending up having to confront his Shadow by pure chance because of Kanji was great and the whole thing was very powerful to read and I enjoyed being a part of it very much. Thanks for doing this with me @King

crime & punishment

This thread is almost a full year old wow. The aftermath of Naoto's time as a cultist responsible for killing a whole lot of people goes about the way you'd expect and Kanji helping out in his own way only to very anticlimatically confess to her and then run away. This was probably one of the most fun things I got to write with Kanji and @Luciel does an amazing portrayal of Naoto so I think bringing this up again is warranted dkfjh

Stop and Smell the Fish

Yosuke isn't around anymore but the whole relationship development between him and Kanji going from friends who bicker often to just very good friends was basically cemented here and it was really nice even though it was also pretty short! It was a more lowkey kind of emotional but it still made me feel a lot of things so I'm putting this here. Thank u milk

Current Season

Status Updates

"...Whoever said 'Silence is Golden', obviously never needed friends or family around."
tfw the anole in your house keeps outsmarting you. #FloridaProblems
Thank you for the April Fools gift. I liked it VERY MUCH. https://i.ibb.co/XCSq05b/present.png
the disintegrations were an aprilfool. those manthings will be back in three days.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lie Ren
Top Bottom