By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Nar Shadda Blues

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
March 21st
@Mara Jade

Atton had gotten a small payout for some spice running, and he was spending it like he usually did. On a glass tumbler full of some drink he didn’t know the name of. The run in with the Hutt and Mara had lead him to be a bit more cautious with who he hung around with but for most part he didn’t change much of his routine. He’d blasted three bounty hunters who’d came calling and he figured he’d sent the message clear enough. Don’t mess with me. Still bounty hunters ranged from smart to dangerously stupid so he figured some more would come eventually. He’d docked his ship in the station and headed right for the tiny bar while he refueled. The weird sog bird lizard bartender, think he called himself a Turian, was happy to supply him with drinks and wasn’t too chatty. So Atton threw back another glass and continued to begin a new bender. His mind wandered to Mara every now and then, he guessed he was inspired by her. Trying to move on and such, while he was just sat there drinking away his troubles.

What was with him and women way out of his league, and jedi for that matter of fact. Always setting himself up for more hiding, lying. Trying to avoid letting them see how much of a piece of shrap he really was.

“It’s all so kriffin complicated.” He signaled for another drink. “Put more of that liquid stuff in the glass.”

• Love
Reactions: Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Star Wars
Mara was a little more difficult to find than the average person. She had a habit of being able to vanish entirely. It had served her well after the fall of the Empire and Mara was good at keeping her tail clear. At least, in most cases. One bounty hunter had managed to follow up with her after Mara had taken a couple of jobs. Her account was looking good on the ship factor at this stage, she had started to put feelers out, but that had only wound up causing her trouble in the end. Which meant she needed to take care of the Hutt. Which also meant... it was probably time to find Atton Rand.

The smuggler had transferred all the credits from their set up job into her account without saying a damn thing. They had parted ways and had not exchanged contact information. There had been a point behind it but that meant the smuggler was a little more difficult to track down than he should have been. She wasn't entirely sure if she would have done things differently but she managed to track him down to a bar the same afternoon after she had killed the bounty hunter the Hutt had sent after her. Apparently Rand had a bit of a habit of drinking his pay away. Seemed like someone who had a lot of regrets, which matched the oddly personal conversation they had had.

Mara was dressed up decently for the club atmosphere but that was mostly to blend in. If a bounty hunter had been sent after her then it was very likely that at least one had been sent after him as well. Her hair was pinned up and darkened, a few other items that helped her look like anyone else in the club, even if her force presence was another manner. She knew where Rand was the second she opened herself up to the force in the club. He would likely feel the same so she didn't give him any other heads up before sliding into the seat next to him.

"I'll buy that round." She spoke calmly to the bartender before putting in her own order. A drink that was common in the area and one she ordered without much thought. Why have preferences when blending in was still better? "You got a bit of an explanation on what you did, Rand?" Mara was speaking of the credits but she was leaving it open just in case she could get him to trip over his tongue in some manner. How loose did drinking make him? Just sat down and already picking him apart again. Mara Jade just didn't know how else to operate.

• Love
Reactions: Atton Rand

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton had felt that pull in the Force and almost snorted as he brought the drink to his lips. Putting it back down and letting out a humorless chuckle. He leaned back on his stool and shook his head with a sad smile. So she had tracked him down, how? Who knew, she was like him, had her ways of finding those who didn’t want to be found. He suspected some bounty hunters had also picked up his trail but you never knew. “Well if you’re buying a round, bartender, Ryloth wine please!” He was drunk, or at least on the brink of it. And what the hell he felt like getting it in the open. No point in hiding the details from her. She wanted to know why he’d given her the creds? Fine he’d tell her. “Better they go to a ship so a jedi can fly around like a hero instead of being wasted on a drunk who can’t even feel the Force, barely felt you.” He let out another laugh almost bitter. “Barely felt..heh, but uh well, goes beyond that, used to run with a Jedi, loved her maybe, ya know, tried to be better for her, now I don’t even have that.“ He motioned towards her with his glass, some of his blue drink dripping on the counter top. “Oop can’t waste that.” He tipped the drink back and sighed.

“So is that all ya found me for, to ask why i gave you both cuts?“ He smirked but drunk he couldn’t lie with his face, the smirk didn’t reach his eyes. The little philter of wine was placed in front of him and he poured himself another. “Really...best you forget about me. Won’t like what you find.”

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
She hadn't been expecting the sudden twist in conversation compared to their last encounter. He seemed to be the sort that got moody when he drank. Someone who wasn't in control of their emotions or rather, let their guard down just a touch when they felt they had a good enough excuse to. Mara hadn't gone through that but she had to admit that her own upbringing had been far stricter than what Rand had likely gone through. Or that was her guess. After all, she had been the Hand of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Palpatine had ensured that she would always snap to attention the second he even thought in her direction. Literally.

Ryloth wine wasn't exactly cheap but it was little compared to the amount that Rand had transferred her. She didn't argue with the bartender on the matter. In fact she changed her order with a gesture, mimicking two glasses. So the barkeep brought out the Ryloth wine while knowing he was about to make a decent pay day on those couple of glasses, Mara shoved over a credit stick to cover the cost even as the dark haired smuggler started in on why he had given her those credits in the first place.

Loved her maybe. It took everything in Mara not to give him a flinty, flat eyed look. She barely managed but this sounded like baggage of his that he was projecting onto her for... well, whatever damn reason. He seemed pretty upset with himself and she couldn't begin to guess as to why except for this Jedi he had already started rambling about. This was one of the main reasons why Mara never drank into excess. It made people sloppy and she couldn't afford to be sloppy.

"I'd bet you credits to exhaust fumes that I've seen worse than you, Rand. All your doing is making a mess out of yourself because you're too lost on how to start cleaning up." She had seen it plenty of times. Felt it a number of times too but Mara Jade was not the sort of person who allowed herself to get caught up in those emotional moments. Couldn't exactly afford to, could she? The redhead did pick up her glass and tilt it slightly to the the bartender in thanks before taking a sip. Ryloth wine was not a taste she had had in some time, even back home. A little rarer than what she felt like spending out of her pocket book when she had been trying to recover... what her life had been.

"Forgotten love, lost causes, a past that drags you down. All it'll do is wind up getting you killed. Or have you not had any bounty hunters on your tail since we parted ways?" Another sip, Mara kept her eyes gently roving the crowd. Looking for anything or anyone that stuck out even the tiniest bit.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton let out a laugh. "Sure maybe you saw, but did you do?" He tapped his fingers on the counter top and took another drink just sipping away at the wine and thinking back. He remembered all their faces, no matter how much he drank to forget they always came back. They didn't care if he was awake or asleep they'd find him and remind him of just what he was. He could crack jokes, wear his pretty face and make his moves but he was always what he truly was under the skin. A monster who had killed and tortured to make himself feel better. "I didn't want her finding out either, how do you explain that ya know? To a Jedi especially! I mean if you knew...you'd probably kill me yourself." He looked over her, wondering where that lightsaber of hers was tucked away. "Cleaning up that ain't so easy with a past like that, sure blood washes off but then...how do you clean up being the top architect of a war crime. Ya know, one of my buddies on that Jedi's ship, Bao Dur was his name, Engineer." He remembered that Zabarak, with his sad eyes. "He told us, he told us how he'd fought in the war, under the Jedi we were traveling with, and Revan. You ever heard of Malachor V? I promise, I promise this'll make sense in the end. He made the device that turned that planet into a crucible of burning ship parts and corpses. And then...we found him helping terraform a planet left a wasteland by the Mandos. Just....complete change. How? How do you go from so much hate to just...peace? Meetra, the Jedi...she's the one who pushed the button!"

He let out a laugh. "It's such a crinking joke! Revan! Revan tried to destroy everything they saved in the Mando wars, then ten years later...saves the galaxy from the fleet they made!" He slapped the counter top like it was some hilarious joke. "I don't get it...they just all were able to move past it, even if it's still there." He looked at her and looked around. "Bounty Hunters? Oh yeah yeah, shot three of 'em, no big deal I shoot straighter when I'm kronged up anyway." He thought about it, that was probably why she was also there, the Hutt was sending his boys out so now it was time to deal with him. Some big adventure with a Jedi, just like before. Nar Shadda all over again, hey maybe he'd run into some familiar faces working for the Hutt, he never did finish that ambush with the Twi'lek sisters. Or maybe some of those Jedi Hunters that kept following them everywhere. Or hey even some of the one's they killed. He hated Pandora sometimes, he wondered, just wondered if he'd run into one of those faces, one of the Jedi he'd...destroyed and built up again.

"Fine fine, let's kill em. I can do that." He poured himself some more wine. "But first....you tell me what you've seen." He smirked, she wanted to lecture him on survival, well then she had to drop her own baggage too. Sure he still avoided telling her just what he had done but he had gotten close, way closer than he would have liked to. Drunk Atton still wasn't stupid Atton. "Maybe you're right, maybe you are a piece of shavit, worse than me, maybe not, only one way to prove it." He looked her over again, Jedi, always so serious, so broody, so nice to look at. He fixed his jacket and stared down into his wine. "Maybe you also hope your parents think you're dead, better than knowing you were a traitor." He let out another bitter laugh and slapped his hands over his face, dragging them down as if to wipe it all away. "Oh oh, were ya ever gonna tell me my planets a pile of space debris in you timeframe? Yeah, one of the bounty hunters mentioned it, couple hundred, maybe a thousand years in the future? How Kronged up is that!?" He chuckled. "It never ends, just keep coming back and taking more, Sith." He stopped for a second, looking down at his drink and his eyes almost had a misty look to them. "Kronging Sith." He whipped his glass away, it slammed against the wall and shattered, making the bartender look up and wait for Atton to be calmer before placing another glass in front of him with a look of warning. "Yeah...sorry bout that, muscle spasm."

All this made him remember Jaq, his mannerisms, cold, enjoyed pain, bringing it anyway. He was loyal to Revan, never questioned orders. He wasn't Atton, or at least he hoped he wasn't hoped it was corruption coming off of the other Sith. But maybe deep down he was just Evil, pure evil who liked hurting people. He was still pretty good at doing it, he remembered the feeling of Tol's head tail in his hand as he squeezed, his brain basically. Lekku were an easy target, all pain receptors, it was being able to put someone's brain in a headlock without the Force, and one of the most cruel things you could do, Lekku damage could result in brain damage if not treated. Shooting him had been a mercy. But did he enjoy it....no. No he hadn't so maybe a good sign. He'd wanted to kill that Mando though, one of those warmongering bastards, he'd wanted to tear him out of that armor and see how tough he was, ask how many settlements he'd put to the flame, how many innocents he'd shot in the back. Mando's claimed they only killed with honor, but where was the honor on Cathar, when they ran them into the sea and bombarded them from orbit? Nowhere because it was an excuse, an excuse to say they were just warriors doing what warriors do and not nerf herding bastards pillaging the galaxy for sport.

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
Did she do... what? He seemed to be dancing around a number of subjects or just straight up assuming things about their lives that she couldn't fill in the blanks about. No mind association games or force training they were doing. It wasn't like Mara had the ability to read thoughts in his head, not in the manner a lot of Jedit seemed capable of. Her skills leaned heavily into instinct and fighting. That was where her skills always would remain strong. She knew herself and knew this was the path she could walk.

Atton hadn't figured out his path yet. That much was clear to her.

He was speaking about a ton of things that Mara knew nothing about. It was likely somewhere hidden away. Somewhere the Lord had kept to himself because he was all about knowledge. Mara herself had not been educated on those things but very few people in the Galaxy had. "I'm afraid I know very little on those topics." He had been laughing like it was some sort of joke but Mara had no real context to try and fake a laugh. She could have, in a manner that was typically convincing, but she didn't need to here.

He brought up the fact that his home world had been destroyed and there was a small shrug in response, before Mara took another drink of the wine. She didn't think that a bounty hunter would have told him. In retrospect, there likely would have been no good time to bring up that subject. "Who was I to ruin that piece of your life?" The piece that felt like it had a home. It was a feeling that Mara didn't harbor and rarely had. Once or twice she had had a fleeting emotion that the city planet she normally resided in felt like home, but would a home ever feel so dangerous? Only when she had slept by herself in her own ship, hidden away had Mara ever felt like she had had some kind of home.

The glass shattering wasn't a good sign either. Mara reassessed the entire situation as she regarded him. He was really far... gone, wasn't he? Far more broken than she had ever been except for... well, except for when she thought about a certain someone. The word began to form in her mind until it came to a screeching halt as a force scream echoed through her mind. Kill Skywalker! The voice was overbearing and horrid. It always made her feel faint and she had to grip onto the counter for a second to breath through the uncomfortable feeling.

"I told you things were different in my time. We're practically strangers and while you may have given those credits over of your own will, flyboy, I don't owe you a debt for keeping 'em." Because she was going to go get that ship of hers. Mara took another drink, draining the glass a little quicker than she would have liked, before pushing the glass gently away from her like a normal patron. "You want to know what I've seen? Want to know what I've done?" She leaned over slightly to drop her tone a touch more. To someone around them, after they had settled from the shock of breaking glass, it might have looked like any other conversation in the bar.

"I don't remember their faces. I don't know their names. I can't remember any voices to go with who either of them might have been or even if there were two." Mara knew nothing about her parents. She remembered a holograph of the stars though. A mobile for children and a warm painted room. But that was it. Not a bit more. "I was taken and I was raised directly by the lord of the Sith to be his assassin. I have tortured, I have killed, without asking questions on who or why. I did so for a long time before a Jedi killed that bastard." The bartender had crept forward to try and refill her glass, but Mara waved him off before relaxing back in her seat. There was more judgement on her face than there had been before, but he was making a scene and painting them both a target. "Are you going to sober up and help me get the Hutt or should I count you as a write off, Atton Rand?" Harsh but... well, Mara hadn't known a lot of mercy or empathy in her lifetime. It was part of her personality that was stunted, though there were embers of what it could be laying under those ashes. She could care, passionately and easily. She understood what Atton was going through, intimately. Mara had only survived in this manner because of her ability to be critical of herself. The empathy was there, it was just covered sharply by another mask.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton nodded, she'd been right, there was no reason for her to bring it up and for that he was thankful. Very thankful but he still smirked at her and leaned in as she got to talking. He nodded, she was talking about a lot he had imagined some murders, some torture, all for a Sith Lord, knew that he could have guessed as much. But she didn't remember the faces, lucky her, he felt a pang of guilt at that thought. It was bitter, it was beneath him and it wasn't what someone so similar to his situation deserved, especially since she was trying to get his life back together. He looked at his drink and gripped the glass again. But he kept listening and he pursed his lips into a thin line as he listened. The false humor and bitterness leaving his face and it just looking tired. Worn out. The young handsome pilot looked older than he really was, looked sad and like he'd come to and end of his road a long time ago. "It's...it'd be easy to say I was like you, and my upbringing bred me to be the monster, but...I don't got that excuse. I was a soldier, the Republic, I wanted to protect it so I just joined up as a pilot, I thought I was gonna be stopping the Mandalorian's with Jedi...but the Council wouldn't join the war effort. One Jedi, they called themselves Revan, they split off and brought their own faction of the Jedi with em." He got lost in the memories for a moment. "I looked up to them, they helped us push back the Mandos...even at a cost it was better than letting them steamroll their way to Courscant." Revan's methods got more and more extreme, they'd sacrifice a city, but save a planet, sacrifice a few moons, but save the system.

And eventually at Malachor V, they sacrifice half a fleet and an entire planet to cripple the Mandos. "So Revan, they save the galaxy, then they disappear past the Outer Rim, and I'm just another soldier again. Angry that the Jedi...I thought abandoned us, ya know, were too busy pondering if the threat was worth the risk of war for a Jedi. Then Revan came back, declared themselves the Dark Lord of the Sith. And was looking for soldiers to take the Republic, make it stronger. And me...so bitter, so angry, I joined." He looked at her, not laughing not making a joke of it. "I became a special operative, I can mask my feelings, my thoughts, emotions, lust, anger, hate, I had a lot of hate. I could sneak up on any Jedi. Then I killed some, but the ones I remember are the ones I broke. Hours, days, torturing them, mentally, physically, breaking their hope down until they fell and joined the Sith. I was good at it...I loved it. It was revenge." He gripped his glass tighter, it shook, making a light tapping noise on the table. "I remember each one, even the one that." This time he did laugh, tears in his eyes. "The one that saved me." His words were choked out between laughs. "Why would she do that? For me? She told me everything, I was Force Sensitive, she approached me, knowing who I was, what I did to Jedi, saying she wanted to save me, stop Revan from taking me away and turning me into a mindless sith assassin. And...I believed her." He stopped and swallowed back another laugh.

"But I still captured her, I didn't care, and I thought I could break her...and then she showed me, I saw The Force, I saw what I'd been doing to it with everything I'd done. It was beautiful, but I was hurting it, and myself...I killed her, mercy the only one I could do. So there, that worse than yours? Dunno if it's a competition." He wiped at his eyes, blinking away the tears and nodding. "Yeah...yeah ya know what I am ready." Maybe he'd die doing this, or maybe he'd finally realize it was time to stop and just move on. He did wrong, he wasn't better, but he could try to be. Mara was. He stood up, putting down the unfinished drink. "Mara...that Jedi, the one who killed yours, they're the one aren't they? They're the one you're trying to prove something to?"

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
She didn't remember her parents faces. She remembered her victim's face perfectly clear. The downside of having a perfect photographic memory. She had had her mind trained when she was young and had a skill for it. Which made the loss of memories regarding her parents so weird. But everything else? Near perfect recall. Made things like nightmares interestingly dicey because Mara could clearly remember every face, every name, and understood what was going on. But understanding only gave you so much defense against a nightmare.

Monster. He used the word about her and about himself, causing Mara's eyebrow to shoot up just a touch. She wasn't a monster. Not anymore. And if he had been in a similar situation, did he still consider himself a monster? Atton Rand was a complicated person and Mara had been trying to keep her distance, but apparently they were going all in over this conversation instead. I loved it. Mara didn't react but she had to admit that she was starting to feel uncomfortable for a number of reasons. She didn't really know Rand and yet... and yet Mara found she understood him entirely.

"Sounds like you were used and now you're allowing yourself to remain broken instead of making yourself better." How long had he been like this? How long had he been in Pandora. Was she trying to prove something to-- her grip on the counter tightened again. The redhead couldn't quite come to think of his name. The one responsible for all of the change. "No. I don't have anything to prove to him. He lives his life. I live mine. It's best we avoid one another." There was more to the story than that but Mara didn't feel like diving into the details. How many times had she failed at killing Skywalker?!

She took another breath, trying to steady herself before nodding to the bartender. Credits exchanged and then Mara was getting up, pulling herself to her feet and waiting a moment for Rand to do the same. "You get any information out of those bounty hunters before you shot them?" Somehow Mara didn't think Rand had taken the time to get any real information. He seemed like a shoot first, ask questions later type of guy under pressure and Mara couldn't blame him for that. Not right then. "If not, I managed to. How long will it take you to properly sober up?" She wasn't taking him along while he was like this. No matter what Rand might have had to say on the matter.

But there was a lot to his story that was sticking with Mara. Perfect memory, right? She'd be going through the words bit by bit later and there was nothing to stop Mara's mind from running down that road anymore. Now that she had his story, it'd be compared to her own in detail. Soon enough, she'd have an idea of who she thought Atton Rand really was. What she would do with that, Mara didn't know, but for the moment it wasn't important.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton nodded, so there she was, she had the whole deal and she wanted him on the mission still. He had to clean up, probably couldn’t rush it but he had sobered up under more dire circumstances. “Nah, kinda got angry after the planet comments and dealt with em.” He stumbled a bit but took a couple breathes in and steadied his gait. Mara Jade, Jedi and Mercenary, a strange combination but one he supposed was familiar. And here they were going to go on a raid on some Hutt’s manor. “Got a room on my ship, guns, can take an hour and we can head out and kill the Hutt.” He was thinking about what she said about him not making himself better. How did one just...become better? Well maybe he should have put some thought into it before he got sauced. Least he hadn’t started sprinkling spice yet. A better person...that was one of the last thoughts that crossed his mind, he hadn’t waited for Mara, he’d been too out of it, determined to get out of the bar and to the crummy little ship he called home. Then he felt his legs disappear and he saw black as the floor took him.

Atton was out, he’d been drunker than he’d thought. He’d gotten sloppy, drank too much. Should have been more careful. Stupid, off to a bad start with one chance at turning things around for him and Jade’s fortunes.

He wondered about the guy she mentioned, sounded like a long story, complex like him and Meetra complex. But as he was passed out some memories swirled in his head. Shooting their way through the Jedi Temple ruins, finding the scavenger. The cave where Surik found her crystal. The feelings the place gave him. Atton Rand...Jedi...stupidest womp humping thought he’d ever had. But it made him smile, even out cold.

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
Of course, he had gotten angry and had killed them instead of thinking about it. Thankfully, Mara Jade hadn't been so clouded with her thoughts, but they could always get more information from another mark. "It'll be fine." Mara wasn't dissing him for his actions, not because of this. She might have felt the same if she had ever had that real home like feeling. Lost as she was, Mara didn't know if she would ever feel that kind of grief. The same grief that Leia had once felt.

The redhead had started to reply an affirmative to his suggestion of the room at his ship and had even thought about bringing Leia up, as someone to speak about more than anything else, but then Atton went and did the most kriffing drunk thing he could have. He passed out. Just cold out on his feet, fell to the ground, and Mara was so startled that she didn't even have a chance at trying to catch him. No, the smuggler did end up face first on the sidewalk and Mara sighed before reaching down to help him up.

Atton was out cold. It was probably a good thing that Mara could easily pick him up and manage most of his weight by slinging one of his arms over her shoulders. The redhead managed to get them to a nearby cab and then dropped off at a motel. Not the motel that she had been staying at, but a random one. Mara didn't have access to his ship and she didn't want to go back to the place she had been staying out, so dishing out for a shitty room not far from where they'd start their Hutt hunt seemed best.

She then slung him in one of the beds and after a moment of serious deliberation, decided that making him somewhat comfortable would likely help. Thus the petite woman managed to wrangle his boots off and then his jacket, then she threw a comforter over him so he could... sleep off his current problem. Mara then took a chair and placed it so it was facing the door, but strategically hard to see from the window even if the curtains were drawn tightly. There she sat with her lightsaber hilt in her lap, waiting for either Atton to wake up or trouble to show up. Either way, she was certain it'd be interesting.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton was out for quite a bit, two hours passing before he woke up, he hadn’t dreamt about much, just an idea swirling in his head and that distant memory of a feeling. A feeling of being whole, of being part of something, The Force. He wanted that feeling again that understanding of life and everything around him. He craved it more than anything because it just, it felt right, it felt like where he was supposed to be. And he remembered the damage he’d done to it and how much he’d have to fix. He mumbled under his breath, apologies, promises, so many things he’d meant to do but always let himself and others down in the end. Finally he groaned as he slowly sat up, looking around and down at the bed he was laying in. He noticed his boots and jacket hanging around and looked over to see Mara there. “Did...you tuck me in?” He noticed that above all else. Big bad Mara Jade tucked him in, kriffin hilarious. He slipped out of the covers and grabbed his boots. If he’d been out too long going to the ship may not have been an option. He had his blasters on him, but some heavier firepower was stored away on the ship. And breaking into a Hutt’s casino wasn’t going go be easy. ”How long was I out?” He stood up, making sure he had his balance before taking a step towards the window and peaking out.

Couple tough looking aliens wandering around the motel, wasn’t clear who they were looking for though. He slid back in. “Ship may be a no go, my Blasters can probably make it through but we don’t know the level of muscle he’s got in there.“

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
Mara knew he was waking up long before he sat up. She had been comfortably seated for a couple of hours. There weren't kinks in her muscles yet and nothing felt stiff but she stood as soon as it was clear he was getting up. Letting herself relax a little now that he could more or less take care of himself. Did you tuck me in? She... had, hadn't she? Not that Mara had exactly thought about what she was doing when she had pulled the comforter over him but the jedi knight was a little lost for words when he suddenly pointed it out before asking anything else.

Her right wrist raised to triple check her internal clock was correct before answering him. "About two standard hours." In this case, standard meant the time on Pandora. Back home it would have been Coruscant. He moved towards the window and saw something he didn't like. Mara couldn't be sure what it was but she couldn't chance checking for a few minutes, just in case they were being monitored in return.

"Laying low to circle around is also an option, Rand." One of the reasons why Mara was alive right now was for the fact that she took her time... when she could. Currently someone might have been looking for them but they probably didn't know exactly where they were. "Picked the place randomly, credits with no name paid for the place, but that's common enough at this establishment." They were a dime a dozen in this section of the city. "What was out there?" She really wanted to ask who but for the time being what seemed like a better question.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Two standard hours, not bad, not the worst amount of time that he'd been out when it came to getting drunk and emotional. He was just shocked she accepted everything so easily, unless she had some plans after they took out the Hutt. While shooting more bounty hunters probably would have cleared his head a bit more she was right, it wasn't the ideal way out of this situation. So staying there was probably the best option for them. "Yeah then I guess we'll stick around here." He peered back out to get enough to give her a description. "Two hunters, one's big, nonhuman all the way, apelike but not like a Wookie, wider, claws out, blaster has blades under the barrel but looks like a slug thrower of sorts. Armors pretty odd, grey fur and dark black fur around the chin. Red Eyes." He seemed to be the one asking questions, probably because he was a mound of muscle and teeth. The power armor was a deep blue and looked sort complex in design but seemed pretty crap when it came to power armor.

"Second looks to be a near human, dark skinned, ridged forehead, can't see ears through his hair but skin looks thick. Simple armor, and some nasty looking blade, two sides. He's mostly looking around." He slipped back in case he looked up and caught him. "So two bounty hunters, probably more in other areas of the Undercity. These two seem pretty high tier, we should go with your plan, wait em out." Her saber could have helped take them out easily, but that would probably attract attention they didn't need at the moment.

"So....you, me, stuck in a room for a couple hours."
He shrugged. "Guess my plan worked."

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
She listened to his descriptions and while some of those features might have matched a few races back home, she trusted Rand to actually name the race if it was from home. Instead these were likely alien to both of them. From another universe or "realm" that Pandora had taken them from. Which was sort of the downside of being in this place. There were all sorts of things you didn't know about others and it was difficult to fill in that knowledge gap at times. Mara had to be more adaptable here than she would have liked.

Her assessment of staying until morning was probably the most sound for not stirring up trouble. They didn't want to get in a shoot out or get tangled up with law enforcement before they had a chance to take care of the problem. If not quietly, then at least directly. Of course, Rand couldn't leave it at that and Mara was glancing in his direction. Something about the two of them being stuck in a room together for a couple of hours. Mara couldn't figure out if she was surprised by his words or not. On one hand, she had expected something like that out of him far before this point. On the other, she had thought they might have been past corny pick up lines. She had typically been the type to keep herself separate away from...

Except she had been lonely lately. Had something to do with the fact she was in Pandora. Rebuilding her life and feeling vulnerable. The redhead had signed herself up for that really... stupid Valentine's thing the month before for that reason. But did she want to mix that into everything else? Was Rand even serious? He seemed the rougish smuggler. Probably thought of himself as a bit of a lady's man, like Solo and Lando did in their own ways. Or maybe it was all an act and Rand didn't even mean it. In this moment, Mara decided not to care and keep herself neutral on the matter.

"I already told you. You'll have to try harder than that." Mara had her own way of keeping her distance with others. The redhead rolled her shoulders and then moved back to the chair she had been seated in before, speaking back up quickly so he wouldn't have too much time to respond. "I'll take first watch. Get some more sleep, flyboy. I won't need as much sleep as you will." She could meditate to keep herself fresh. And she wouldn't be sleeping off a binge night. Made perfect sense to Mara.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton closed the shutters just enough that only some of the purple light of the neon sign was slipping in. He knew his quip would bounce off her, she was Mara Jade, that was just part of her at this point. He was about to respond and ask just what she meant by try harder when she cut him off. He’d already slept, sure not for that long but she probably had been up longer. Jedi training and all that sure but still. ”I’m fine, the drinks out of my system and I can focus again.” He started to argue but decided he probably wouldn’t get anywhere with her and crawled back into bed. “Fine, just wake me in another like hour and a half.“ He turned over, facing towards the wall as he thought to himself. Being in an almost silent room got the mind running. So Atton just kept thinking about how all this was going on and how it was just all because of their Force Sensitivity. With that on his mind he thought about how many times being a Jedi got Meetra into trouble, too many to count. He mumbled to himself under his breath. "What's the point of being a Jedi, if all it gets you is killed?" He sat there, unable to sleep.

Soon he started to mumble to himself, almost unintelligible as he just tried to focus his thoughts and played a game of paazak in his thoughts. Four cards in his hands. "Main deck draws a two....plus five, next turn put down a six, put down a four, minus two, plus seven. Twenty." He kept mumbling through plays, over and over again trying to focus and go to sleep. "Can't kriffin sleep."

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
The drinks were already out of his system? Somehow Mara doubted that but she didn't know anything about Atton and didn't know his claims. She had found him kriffing dead drunk walking and he had passed out on his face. Two hours didn't seem like enough time to her but again, Mara wasn't a big drinker. She only had a tolerance because she had needed to drink for a few missions. Being able to keep her wits about her no matter what was going on.

An hour and a half didn't seem like much time at all but Mara would listen to his request. Perhaps let it slip a little longer than that but she really didn't need as much sleep as he might have thought. She had had an entire night's sleep the night before. She really wasn't close to running on fumes in any manner. "Go to sleep, Rand." She didn't answer any of his questions and didn't really respond to any of his comments, just ignoring it all and allowing him to drift off to sleep in silence.

Of course, that didn't seem to work either. He mumbled off those cards again, like it was some sort of religious chant that would get him to sleep sooner or keep him in one piece, and then he was complaining. Like some sort of new recruit who hadn't learned the ropes yet. She gave him a bit of a look before resting her head in the palm of one hand while she looked over at him. "I'm not tucking you in again." There might have been a little bit of a humor behind the words but Mara didn't know how to get him to go to sleep. She just closed her eyes and managed most nights.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Paazak was a ritual tor him, it kept his mind safe, made him feel secure. He did it out of habit more than anything, especially after Kreia, the witch, carved her way into his mind. She took out his secrets, used them to control him. That stupid imaginary game made him feel safe, even if he didn’t think about what ir really was. That was the trick, not shielding the mind, just playing Paazak. Rand looked over to Jade his thoughts being interrupted by an unfamiliar action by her. ”Miss Jade was that a joke?” He snorted, it was a small one but it was a nice feeling to have finally heard her say something close to one. It wasn’t really comfort that was bothering him now, it was something more personal, something he hadn’t really thought about in the familiar environment of his ship. “Guess I got used to the Ebon Hawk, Meetra’s ship, we all kinda lived on it...it was nice. In hyperspace we could use the couple hours between planets to sleep. But usually whoever wasn’t out with Meetra was doing their own thing. So I could tell where they all were by the sounds they made...” He chuckled a little.

“Guess I trusted them, well most of them anyway. We all had baggage, Meetra was even worming her way into mine, I started wanting to tell her everything I told you. Get it all out and see what she did. I’’m rambling about that again.” He stared at the ceiling for a couple seconds. “Mara, you ever wish you weren’t Force sensitive?”

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
Maybe it had been a joke. Mara didn't respond to that question beyond shrugging, but it didn't seem like such a big deal to her. She was very capable of joking, it just happened when... it happened. Mara couldn't quite explain it in any other way. Her humor was something that came in spurts because she hadn't been raised around it. A part of life that most people just had naturally in their personalities that Mara couldn't always figure out.

She was silent while he went on again. Once more telling Mara more personal stories. She wasn't entirely sure when this door had opened between them, this sort of odd emotional sharing, but Mara wasn't entirely certain Rand even wanted her to respond back in kind. He was just rambling to ramble.

At least that was what Mara thought until he hit her with the question at the end. Did she ever wish... that? "I'm not big on what ifs, Atton." Mara finally used his first name. He had done the same and they were stuck in this motel room until the morning. "This is my life. I am what I am. No point in wishing for anything different." The redhead just wasn't a dreamer like he was. He had still been able to craft his own personality living his own life up a point. Mara had never had that freedom until after she had cut away all her old ties.

I started wanting to tell her everything I told you. What was that supposed to mean? "Do you enjoy the sound of your own voice? Or is the talking more of a nervous tic?" Mara glanced in his direction again, only slightly distracted from what she was supposed to be doing. Keeping watch wasn't too hard as long as she was feeling out in the Force and keeping herself pointed in the right direction. From here she'd only need to ruffle her feathers if there was too much activity in their direction.

• Love

Atton Rand

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Smuggler
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Atton cocked his head to the side, smirking a little. "Figured, guess it wasn't something you really had time to think about was it?" He smirked a little wider when he realized she hadn't called him Rand. "Oh we're both on first names now, see? Its a real bonding experience." He was pushing buttons, trying to get anything out of her. She'd been a stonewall the entire time, only divulging bit by bit. Maybe in his mind he thought somehow pushing enough would get through to her. She was a Force wielder, it's what she was raised to be, he got that. Probably never thought about what she could have been if no one noticed her. Seemed sad, to not even have the ability to think of a better life you might have been able to have at some point. He propped himself up on one of his elbows, seeming almost proud of how much he could talk. And how much it could get to her.

"I like to talk, what can I say?" He shrugged a bit. He had a way with words, a fast talker who usually could get himself out of tricky situations with a good lie. "Plus more I talk more you talk and I do enjoy the sound of your voice." Atton smirked, Mara did have a sort of gruff beauty to her voice, tough but still pretty just like the rest of her.

He was starting to think he had a really stupid thing for Jedi women. Was it like having a thing for nuns or priestesses?

• Love

Mara Jade

Star Wars
Why think about something that would never be? Why waste time daydreaming about something you had no control over? Mara had no problem dreaming about bigger things, she was just selective in her realities. She dreamed about having her own ship, right then and there. A nice sleek creature. Something that could house a few people if needed, enough room for smuggling, defensive capabilities. But the image she had in her mind was something... well, something that said Mara Jade in her mind. Probably was, she wasn't an engineer of that sort. She couldn't design and build one herself. She'd likely be buying something second hand somewhere.

"You started it. You tell me what that means, flyboy." He had indeed "started" calling her Mara first. It only felt natural to match the pace that he had set. For the moment, they were working together. It wasn't what Mara would call her best op ever but for the moment, she was alive and breath. Still had resources to her name. Something along those lines, so survival was more likely and that made her more comfortable.

He floated the comment about liking the sound of her voice and Mara chuckled slightly. He was still trying to hit on her and Mara still hadn't figured out what he meant with it. A box best left closed, perhaps. Or perhaps not. She hadn't made up her mind on the subject and truth be told, they barely knew each other. "Sure. Whatever you say." She wasn't going to challenge him on it either. Some things were better left alone, she thought finally. Either of them could end up with a blast bolt between the eyes if they weren't careful taking on the Hutt and keeping herself free of attachments had very little to do with her being a Jedi.

Just the kind of life she had lived.

She didn't say anything else, already figuring that Atton would fill the silence for her. Funny how there might have been a little bit of a smirk on her lips as she thought that. Her eyes closed and she waited for him to speak up again.

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

"...Whoever said 'Silence is Golden', obviously never needed friends or family around."
tfw the anole in your house keeps outsmarting you. #FloridaProblems
Thank you for the April Fools gift. I liked it VERY MUCH. https://i.ibb.co/XCSq05b/present.png
the disintegrations were an aprilfool. those manthings will be back in three days.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lie Ren
Top Bottom