By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open Out Of Place

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
October 20, Year 109

Out of the frying pan...
That was all Jack had time to think before he had to dive out of the way, an explosion rocking the ground where he'd stood only a moment before. Damn! He'd not anticipated Talon being so prepared for his raid, as his initial scouting out of the little outpost had revealed a small guard who changed their watch ever 6 hours, and another patrol that swept the grounds every other hour. There wasn't much here in the way of weaponry, but he'd had intel that there were documents that might reveal some of what he was trying to uncover.

Of course, looking back on it now, it was far too good to be true. But he'd been eager to push forward, to strike while he knew the information he wanted was still there. He'd not been cautious enough, spending several days to a week staking out the location and observing the exact schedule and any potential visitors who might interrupt. He'd not even gone back to bring Ana in on this, which he was regretting now. I'm a damn fool. He'd rolled to the side and managed to take cover behind some crates that had held up relatively well under the assault of whatever weapon had been trained on him.

Rockets of some sort, if he wasn't mistaken. It wasn't a good situation, and his back still twinged from where Reaper had shot him point blank. The damn wound wasn't healing like it should have, and nothing they'd done to tend it seemed to help. He felt strangely cold there, and while the chill hadn't spread, it was unsettling. That had probably added to his missteps here, as his mind wasn't fully focused and where it should have been when on a mission. He knew better.

Shifting slightly, he tensed as he heard footsteps approaching, and brought his rifle up, ready to fire. But the steps stopped just short of his hiding place, and he heard someone grunt. The creak of leather made him think whoever it was had either bent down or crouched down to examine where the brunt of the explosion had taken place. Jack tensed, deciding it was now or never - but before he could do much of anything, he found himself yanked down - though he didn't catch a glimpse of anything that did it, and blacked out shortly after.

---

When he woke, he was somewhere else, somewhere he was not familiar with, and that unfamiliarity rattled him, made him angry and irritable. He took several deep breaths, running a hand through his short hair in a gesture of uncertainty, face unreadable behind the mask he still wore. Someone was not too far in front of him, though he really couldn't tell anything about who they were, as they were facing away from him.

He cleared his throat, announcing his presence to them, and started to slowly move in their direction, not really wanting to talk to anyone, but not really having a choice either, if he wanted intel on where he was. "Uh... Hi there. Can you tell me where I am? I seem to be turned around." His tone wasn't exactly friendly, but nor was it hostile. It was clear he just really didn't want to be there, especially if it meant interacting with people.

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Naofumi has been walking the streets of Ark City, mostly in a sort of haze of nostalgia for his own home world. Enough of this place was similar to his real home then many of the other places in Pandora. So he would sometimes come here when he wanted to remember something from his real life before dimension hopping became normal for him.

As he was lost in feelings and memory, someone announced themselves behind him and asked a question. Naofumi turned around, still wearing his fantasy styled attire with the small shield on his arm. He looked at the man who seemed an older person, probably from the west given what little features he could see. The mask and weapon were definitely interesting, with a nod he started to answer.

”You’re currently in Ark City, in the region of Centria. But if you’re asking for more then that, then you’re in Pandora” replied Naofumi.

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
The young man who turned to look at Jack was wearing clothing that looked right at place in one of the video games of home. The answer given to his question only served to confuse him more, and he wasn't entirely sure what to make of it or the man in front of him. Maybe he'd stumbled into the middle of a convention or LARP event? The more he looked around though, the less likely that seemed. There was something uncanny about the place, but he couldn't put a finger on exactly what that was.

"Uh... Pandora? Not sure I'm familiar with that country."

The brow quirk was easily visible above his mask, his tone a questioning one. It wasn't unheard of for unrest to cause the collapse of a country, and for a new government and sometimes a new name to replace the old one. But he'd not heard of any such unrest in an area that might choose a name like Pandora. He rolled his shoulders as he continued to look around, before returning his full attention to the other man.

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
"It's not a country, it's a world. If you've only just arrived, then you were taken from your world and deposited on this one. Most of us were, to be honest. It's why things look so amalgamated here, and it's why I look like a fantasy character and you a little more sci fi" informed Naofumi, finally realizing the situation for what it was. The man was a fairly calm one, much like how Naofumi himself had first arrived. Having been thrown into another world before, this wasn't a new experience for him but he was thankful that it wasn't a full repeat of last time.

But he had to respect the man for keeping his cool, Naofumi could tell he was armed. And he'd heard stories of people with weapons or powers going crazy on arrival. He was glad that this man hadn't done that, and was merely trying to figure out the situation as it was in the best way possible. "Welcome to Pandora, I'm sorry to say you're stuck here.

For how long is anyone's guess, and no one knows how to leave. But I can help point you in the direction of a place that can help you find shelter, a job and maybe even look for people you may know. Who may or may not be here, some people are lucky that way"
informed Naofumi with a slight sadness on the last words. Having not had any of his friends come here, he would've liked if just one of them were here with him.

Reactions: Jack Morrison

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
What the young man told him caught him off guard, but since his face was covered, only his brows and body language gave him away. The way his shoulders tensed made them ache and he rolled them until they loosened up again, mulling over what he'd been told. He wasn't sure what to make of it, honestly.

"That's - well, that's quite a lot to take in."

Though it wasn't something he knew about back home, he'd long been aware that there were many things they didn't know and hadn't discovered yet. There had been theories of a multi-verse and maybe this was part of that? After the initial shock wore off, he registered the rest of the other man's words. Somewhere to get a bit of help - and more importantly - information was just what he needed. He wasn't so sure about connecting with anyone from back home. Only a few people were aware Jack Morrison had survived the attack on the Swiss HQ and that was fine by him.

"That sounds like a plan. Uh... Name's Jack. Thanks for helping me out."

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Despite the man's attempts at not seeming rattled by all that he'd said, Naofumi did pick up the signs that he truly was at least shocked by it all. Maybe his Sci fi seeming world didn't have inter-dimensional stuff going on, which honestly wasn't the biggest part o that genre anyway. He was more a fantasy type, not just because of his appearance but because that's what he used to read back home. "Yes, it can be quite daunting" replied Naofumi to the man's comment.

The gears in the man's head started to turn as he calmed down a little more from Naofumi's initial words about the man's arrival then the man agreed on his plan and introduced himself. "My name's Naofumi, nice to meet you" added Naofumi who was still a little worried about the big gun in the man's hands. But he'd shown no reason to be wary just yet, he hoped that the authorities saw it that way, Naofumi knew of a nearby welcome centre.

Having passed it earlier in his walking around town "Just a couple of blocks away, we should find a welcome centre. They can help you with more in depth information and help then I can, I haven't been here all that long but enough to know what's happening and be used to the place" informed Naofumi. He then started walking in the direction of the place and hoped the older looking man would follow, and that no crazies would show up.

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
Daunting was a good way to put it. Now that he had a name to put to a face, it would be easier for him to remember the young man should their paths cross in the future. He wasn't sure how many people were in this place, so he didn't know how likely it was, but always better if he had a higher chance of remembering someone. Shouldering the rifle, he balanced it with one hand, hoping he didn't draw too much attention with it. He could more than take care of himself, but tangling with the locals seemed a poor first impression, even if they were the ones to start it.

"How long have you been here? And does it take a while to get used to things here, or did you settle in pretty fast?"

Jack had a lot of questions, though his social anxiety chose that moment to remind him that talking to people outside of work, when he'd either been addressing folks as Strike Commander or as the strike team leader. Social situations, even ones like this, where it was just to get a bit of help, could be the bane of his existence when that anxiety reared its ugly head.

He glanced around them as he followed Naofumi, falling in step next to him after realizing he'd fallen behind. The mask stayed on, partly out of habit and also because it might come in handy to keep his public identity separate from 76's. His shoulders had tensed and his brows furrowed again, but he hoped those were the only tells to give him away.

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
"I've only been here a few months, but I'd actually been here previously before that. As for getting used to things, it was easier for me as I was thrown into another world previous to this one. But depending on where you come from and what you're used too, it might be easy or hard.

There are lots of things here, that are different from other places, people included"
informed Naofumi as they were getting closer to the welcome center, he was glad to help a person who wasn't crazy, looked like a villain or scared out of their mind. Sure the man may have been freaking out on the inside but he was keeping things hidden. Naofumi was fine with really, he understood the need to keep one's overt feelings on the down-low. "Pandora can be a nice place, you just got to find your spot in it, that's all.

I run a business here myself, so if you ever need help I can offer you my skills. While I say that, it can be strange in other ways. Places change abruptly, and also disappear just as quickly as they appear. Also, like everywhere there are good and evil but most of the bigger places are fairly safe for the most part"
added Naofumi.

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
Jack filed away all the information he was given. It was a lot, but he was grateful for it as it was much easier to assess his overall situation and make decisions based on that. Not that this would be easy, even with that, but better to have all his cards on the table.

Finding your spot.

That seemed to be his trouble regardless of where he was, with his organization torn down and decommissioned back home, family - or the closest thing he had to it turned against him, just as jaded as he was, or no longer interested in the same fights. And here? Now he was alone, and the singular purpose he'd chosen was something that couldn't be continued here.

Well, there was little point in focusing on what he couldn't do. He looked over at Naofumi then voiced his thoughts as they continued walking.

"As far as evil goes, I've faced down my share of it. What do you do at your business?"

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
"Yeah, seems like a theme with a lot of us, myself included" commented Naofumi to Jack's reply about facing evil, the young hero had noticed a lot of hero types in this place. Some he knew from media back home and others that were from ones he didn't recognize but were of a similar troupe, a hero taken from their world at such and such a time. It didn't matter now, as he was here and Jack was asking what he did for business.

"I make things, mostly accessories, potion, clothes, and armor but I also do other things such as catering and resource gathering and even the odd hero work from time to time. Plus I offer enchantments to items as well, whether I've made them or someone else. And then deliver them around Pandora, I also teach at the magic school some times. Mostly crafting and medical/alchemical studies" replied Naofumi probably sounding like a right busy man in this new world.

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
It interested him to know that Naofumi had faced evil. He was more the age that heroes and soldiers tended to be when they got started in the field, or at least had enough experience to start to be more confident. That just brought up a whole lot of old and painful memories though, so he shoved it down in favor of listening to what Naofumi had to say about his business.

It sounded handy. Jack really wasn't sure what he was going to do. All his skills were lost on most civilian type jobs and he didn't feel comfortable getting involved in any organizations where the government might have a hand in them. That left very, very little. "Sounds like you've got quite a good business going there. Bet you've got quite a few clients." The fact that he also taught at a local school on top of his own business impressed the older man quite a bit.

"You really are busy. Least that gives me hope I'll find something." He thought he would probably wander for a bit, get a feel for everywhere, and then maybe he'd have a better idea of where his particular skillset would be of most use. "You have a storefront or do things from home and then deliver?"

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
"Thank you, I have clients all over Pandora. Even in looking to reach out into the colony on the moon and the other planets as well, just need a trustworthy ship and captain" replied Naofumi as he'd been talking to one guy about that whole adding space to his boundaries but he wasn't sure how much he could trust him. All he knew him from was his StarkBook chatter and those did raise some red flags with him in a few ways, he wasn't keen on banking with someone who might try and steal from him. He also didn't know if the strangeness of the sci-fi areas would affect his abilities since many of them were magic related though thankfully not all of them.

"Yes, there's work for all types out there. I just decided to do something I already had been doing, I simply just brought it to Pandora. You're welcome to join the hero area of my business if you like. It's only me right now, so adding more people would allow for more chances to help" added Naofumi to the man who seemed like someone who could handle himself in a fight though he was unsure the kinds of fights he was used to, that was something for later. He could easily prioritize what he was sent for, he decided to make a note for later in looking for more people for the hero side of his business.

"I have a headquarters, in a town called Oakheart within the region of the Crystal Vales. It's the more magic centric area, where the magic school is. We're currently in Ark City, which is within Centria but I have a warehouse here. This area is more modern-day type place, there's also a desert area which is dangerous and mostly filled with crooks, a central area that's more alamgamated and the space-like areas that I mentioned earlier" informed Naofumi, figuring the man would want more information about his new location.

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
The fact that there was a colony on the moon caught him off guard, though he supposed it really shouldn't have, considering the base they'd had on the moon back home. Among all the other things that were possible back home, come to think of it.

"There was a base on the moon back home, though not much happened there in recent years..." He trailed off, thinking of Winston again. He knew why he'd recalled everyone willing to answer to Overwatch, even if he didn't agree with it. There was just too much that had gone on, too much in the court of public opinions as well as the official outlawing of the organization. And yet...

He shook himself out of the thoughts and focused on the man helping him again, perking up slightly at the offer of a job. It was far too much like Overwatch all over again, but... perhaps if he could just be a member, never more than a strike team leader, it would go better. "I would like that. Mind giving me a month or two to get my feet under me and learn the layout of the place? I'm kinda used to working on my own now. Been doing some bounty hunting and cleaning up the streets of gangs back home, but I can do a fair bit."

Magic wasn't something he was overly comfortable with, truth be told. Anything resembling that back home had pretty much been nanotech based, though there had been a few instances that you just... really couldn't tell and he'd not dug into it further. Probably should have, but that'd been left up to others in Overwatch. "You need to have a residence there or it okay if I kinda roam everywhere? Ain't really had a permanent place in a number of years. This area and that desert area with crooks sounds like a good first and second stop for me."

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
The fact that the man's universe had a moon base of its own was interesting, though by the sounds of it. The place might have become abandoned or something, which wasn't so good. Since it likely isn't cheap to make a place like that, so something must have happened there for it to end up like that. At least, that was Naofumi's guess anyway. But that didn't really matter, the man was here and the colony on their moon was thriving and full of people though it did have troubles sometimes as well. From what he'd remember hearing on the news a little while back, which was partly why he'd always been unsure about venturing into the place too quickly.

"That's fine, it's good to get your bearings before committing to something anyway. Good that you've got the experience to help out though, I'd rather not send in people who might not be able to keep themselves and others safe" expressed Naofumi. Which meant he wasn't about to employ any rookie heroes, warriors, fighters, etc because he'd worry that they might buckle under the pressure or not be able to do the job entrusted to them and Sheild Me. "Pandora is easy to get around, plus my business does lots of traveling.

So you're welcome to live anywhere you like and still retain employment elsewhere, I'd be careful in the desert area. It's not just full of crooks but also monsters of varying kinds and sizes, the city there is called Lethe, I believe. But outside of it is quite barren and inhospitable, I've done my best to avoid the place outside of those asking for help. Hero or medically speaking at least, I don't want to bring goods into a place known for its overabundance of raiders and crooks"
added Naofumi though it wasn't like he couldn't defend himself against them. It just might be a lot of work in order to do so, and the profits might not match up to the costs. However, he was still a sucker for doing the right thing, so he'd still do what he could when asked.

Jack Morrison

Overwatch
Race
Enhanced Human
Occupation
Vigilante
Alignment
True Neutral
Relationship Status
Single
He was pleased that his new acquaintance and potential boss had no issues with him exploring and getting a feel for every area before he settled down anywhere or took on any real job. Of course, doing some freelance work of various sorts alongside a steady job would ensure that he had all the work he needed.

"Totally get that. I was in charge of a large organization back home for many years, and I wanted my rookies trained and prepped with veterans on easier assignments before I'd ever risk sending them out on anything even remotely dangerous. And even then, it'd be with all more experienced team members. Sometimes I'd go with, offer some pointers of my own. Started off just a normal soldier myself so."

He gave a half shrug, then responded to the rest of what Naofumi had said. It was all very encouraging and would allow him to retain a measure of distance from anyone until he felt more secure and like he could give a small bit of trust. It was unlikely he'd ever fully trust anyone again, but some might earn a bit of it with time.

"Duly noted for the desert area. Sounds a lot like a few of the areas in Egypt back home where I was helping clean up a mess an old friend of mine wanted help with."

It hadn't been entirely willingly. When faced with bad situations in the moment, he always did the right thing, even if he struggled with himself over it at times. But a long term stay somewhere where there wasn't intel he was after had been far more of a struggle for him, and only Ana's steely gaze and his desire to have her help him had kept him there.

"Thought I might stick around this area for a while first, get my bearings here, then branch out. If I can get a phone or something fairly easily, can always exchange numbers so you can reach me if there's a job you think I'd be good for."

Naofumi Iwatani

Rise of the Shield Hero
Race
Legendary Hero
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
The man explained that he ran an organization, that worked pretty well with it's less experienced members. Something that Naofumi could understand and hopefully emulate when the numbers, for his hero side of the business increased. Naofumi himself was fairly experienced in regards to adventures so he could likely come along like Jack said he did, it was a sound idea and something to add to his preference about rookies and less skilled heroes. "Sounds like a good idea, I hope it did the job for you and your organization. And can do the same for mine, just gotta expand that side of the business" replied Naofumi.

Who knew it probably sounded less heroic to make it a business then Jack's organization thing, which probably did it for the right reasons. Though it wasn't like he doesn't do it for the right reasons either, often waving fees when people can't pay. Generally working something else out instead, his businessman side wasn't as heartless as others who took up such work. Jack went on, talking about the desert and how it sounded like Eygpt back home.

A place that would've been great to have gone to see, at least in his original world, he wasn't even sure if he'd ever get back to it. Pandora would probably just send him back to Melmac rather than his actual home, but he did have reason to go back at least. "I would have loved to have visited Eygpt, back when I was in my original world. I never really got the chance to leave Japan, back before I was thrown into a fantasy world. Which is where this outfit comes from and all of my other abilities too, are the Pyramids and Sphynx still standing in your world" asked Naofumi.

Remembering only those from his readings on Eygpt, there were other places of course but those were the first things that came to mind. "Oh, you'll get a free phone when we get to the welcome centre. We can exchange numbers then, there's a whole social media thing that allows people to keep in contact while on Pandora. It is oddly nostalgic, given the abundance of social media back home" added Naofumi.

Current Season

Status Updates

It's kind of weird not being Gen Sec anymore.
It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance McClain
Top Bottom