By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Plot Project: Searchlight [Updated for Summer!]

The plot guide for a larger story that contains a number of connected threads and events, with room for a variety of people to get involved.

G'raha Tia

Final Fantasy
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Miqo'te
Height
5'2"
Occupation
Mages' Guild Leader
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Heartbroken
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Last Updated: 6/10/21 - Updated Current Phase

Project: Searchlight

118d81a25f57854bbe8fff57c88015eb.jpg
In spite of the way people have shaped Pandora, carving out a home and new life in this world, all are still subject to the whims of the box. Every day people are being drawn into Pandora or cast back out, often simply vanishing without a trace. And whenever this happens, it leaves so many wondering what happened. Have they simply decided to up and move to another region? Traveling wherever their feet shall take them? Or perhaps they are lost, kidnapped, injured somewhere. Or were they simply cast out of the box, and returned to wherever it was they came from.

It's time to finally give ourselves some answers. G'raha Tia of the Mage's Guild is looking to start up a new project for the betterment of all of Pandora. A Magitech device of some sort, one to be placed in Pandora, that will allow anyone who visits to answer a burning question: Does this person exist in Pandora?

Goal

So, the overall goal of this plot is to gather characters together from all parts of Pandora in order to help create this magitechnology. And we can see what relationships they build up, what plots and troubles they come across, and what happens along the way. Once completed, the device will help anyone find out if a person exists in Pandora. This is a long-term plot, so I expect it will take at least a couple of seasons before the project is complete.

Project Details

We'll sort out more of the specifics of the project as we go, and see how it develops. But a couple of initial notes:
  • This device's only purpose is to tell you if someone exists in Pandora. It will not be able to pin-point their location.
  • It should be magitech based at its core
  • In order to cover all of Pandora, work will need to be done in every region -- so those with expertise in more sciencey/futuristic tech to help set this up in Centria, the Cosmic Wilderness, and the Dread Wastes will be super helpful

Plot Phases & Thread Tracker

Phase 1: Conceptualization and Small-Scale Testing (March 25 - End of Spring)

Current Phase: Small-scale and Crystal Vales Testing. Plans for Regional Expansion. (Summer Season)
There is a plan in place now! They just need to start large-scale testing and prepping other regions for involvement as well. Specific things for thread inspiration:
  • Testing prototype version of the magitech device in the Vales on a small scale
  • The discovery that they need some sort of amplification to get the device to work -- i.e. they're gonna need to set these up in specific spots around Pandora.
  • Scouting out these nexus points (or whatever we might end up calling them)
  • Political maneuvering and getting support/permission from other regions
Thread:
  • None yet!

Future Phases:
  • Expanding the project across all regions, and overcoming the associated complications
  • Large-scale Testing
  • Project Completed!

The Cast

Just a quick overview of the characters currently involved.

Getting Involved

If you'd like to get a character involved, just reply down below and let me know if you have any ideas for what they might contribute!

In terms of specific roles:

Magical Sorts: Those with expertise in magic, location/soul magic, and creation of magitech or new spells would be very helpful. They'll be working together to figure out how this whole thing will work at its core. And we can have some fun with maybe things going a bit awry during testing/experimentation phases.

Inventors/Engineers/Techie People: When this inevitably goes global, they'll need to make the device/setup/system/whatever compatible with the regional quirks across the rest of Pandora. That means being able to integrate less magic-based and more science-based technology for other regions. Bonus points if you can help with magitech as well and merging science and magic!

Regional Connections: I'd love to have a bit of a political edge to it all, with trying to get leaders to agree to this plan. Maybe some back and forth. Dealing with red tape. But all in all, just people to help the Mages' Guild extend this project beyond the Crystal Vales and across all of Pandora.

Submit a Thread!

Please feel free to plot with each other and use this project as context and inspiration for personal plots and such as well! Any thread connected to this, even if the project is only a backdrop to something else, is welcome to be submitted here! Just use the form below!
Code:
[b]Thread Title:[/b] Title goes here!
[b]Thread Link:[/b] URL goes here
[b]Summary:[/b] Just a brief overview of the thread

Last edited:

Merlin Ambrosius

BBC Merlin
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Creature of Magic
Occupation
Schola Praeditos Headmaster
Relationship Status
Single & Ready to Mingle
link
YEAHHHH LET'S GOOO!
Once the device is built, maybe Merlin can poke some of the students and faculty at Schola Praeditos to see if anybody would like to volunteer to help test it out!

• Excited
Reactions: G'raha Tia

Allunara

Application Division
Pronouns
She/Her
Ayyy, i´m excited for this,

I can def se Ardyn be a great regional connection for Centria. Probably would be able to lobby other groups as well and of course magic.

• Excited

angelaokii

collecting brats
Pronouns
She / They
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link
This sounds very interesting! I have @Guren Ichinose who would be interested bc he'll want to know when one of his friends pops in Pandora! He isn't magical himself (he has only a demon), but he has delved into magical/supernatural sciences before! He would want to test

On the other hand, i have @Ash Lynx who is really looking forward to seeing someone in Pandora, so he'll also be very interested in this project. He can do some techy stuff and he's a fast learner, but he doesn't know anything about magic. He would also like to test!

you can add, one or both of my charas ^^

G'raha Tia

Final Fantasy
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Miqo'te
Height
5'2"
Occupation
Mages' Guild Leader
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Heartbroken
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
YEAHHHH LET'S GOOO!
Once the device is built, maybe Merlin can poke some of the students and faculty at Schola Praeditos to see if anybody would like to volunteer to help test it out!
Yeeees, I imagine Schola Praeditos people will get super involved in this.
Ayyy, i´m excited for this,

I can def se Ardyn be a great regional connection for Centria. Probably would be able to lobby other groups as well and of course magic.
Excellent! And if you wanted Ardyn to be all dastardly and add in his own secret backdoor for whatever purpose, we should totally plan that out.

@Ardyn Izunia & @Merlin Ambrosius
We could do threads discussing the project, and the ethics of it. Or maybe even poking around the Magitech Academy in Heavenfell for information/intel. G'raha is familiar with how to operate magitech and has some theoretical knowledge on it, but it's not really his area of expertise. So, he'll definitely want to pick some brains.

We could do separate threads or a group thread. Let me know what you're interested in!

This sounds very interesting! I have @Guren Ichinose who would be interested bc he'll want to know when one of his friends pops in Pandora! He isn't magical himself (he has only a demon), but he has delved into magical/supernatural sciences before! He would want to test

On the other hand, i have @Ash Lynx who is really looking forward to seeing someone in Pandora, so he'll also be very interested in this project. He can do some techy stuff and he's a fast learner, but he doesn't know anything about magic. He would also like to test!

you can add, one or both of my charas ^^
Awesome! I've added both characters to the list in the first post. :)

It probably will be a little while before they're ready for testing stuff. But once the project is definitely in the works, I think G'raha will start trying to let Pandora know to drum up interest and support and such. If Guren or Ash are in the Crystal Vales at some point (G'raha is kind of limited and can't leave the region without consequences at present), we could thread one of them perhaps learning about the project.

Reactions: angelaokii

Allunara

Application Division
Pronouns
She/Her
I´d def be down for a group topic on the ethics and depending on how that goes maybe plot a backdoor? It´s gonna depend on how accessible the entire thing gets made ´cause i can see him wanting to be able to access it all the time, or having a sure fire way to access it if needed, without any papertrail going back to him

G'raha Tia

Final Fantasy
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Miqo'te
Height
5'2"
Occupation
Mages' Guild Leader
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Heartbroken
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
I´d def be down for a group topic on the ethics and depending on how that goes maybe plot a backdoor? It´s gonna depend on how accessible the entire thing gets made ´cause i can see him wanting to be able to access it all the time, or having a sure fire way to access it if needed, without any papertrail going back to him

I'm down for a group topic too!
Awesome! I'll get a thread going for the three of them. :)

Hilda Ware

Final Fantasy
I plan on yeeting Hilda into magi-tech and the like, since she's a machinist and can probably help futz around in that direction. I'd love to get her involved low key into this plot if I'm able to!

Dharke

But I was going into Tosche Station...
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
Luke Skywalker and @Wedge Antilles would like to help with developing stuff on the Cosmic Wilderness front!

Regional Connections: I'd love to have a bit of a political edge to it all, with trying to get leaders to agree to this plan. Maybe some back and forth. Dealing with red tape. But all in all, just people to help the Mages' Guild extend this project beyond the Crystal Vales and across all of Pandora.
And the Governor would be interested in being the political representative for Misty Hollow, or even the wider Centria area. He would think a device like this would be a great way of finding out if his TWD enemies are in Pandora (and if they were, he would throw all his resources into locating their exact whereabouts and hunting them down like the filthy dogs they are). Publicly, he will praise G'raha and all involved for devising an object that can bring closure for the people and boost morale.

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
I plan on yeeting Hilda into magi-tech and the like, since she's a machinist and can probably help futz around in that direction. I'd love to get her involved low key into this plot if I'm able to!
Yeeeees, G'raha definitely needs some help from someone who is more skilled with actually messing with machinery and working inside of it. He has some practical knowledge thanks to Allagan stuff, but the actual mechanics and theories of it all is rather beyond him.
Luke Skywalker and @Wedge Antilles would like to help with developing stuff on the Cosmic Wilderness front!

And the Governor would be interested in being the political representative for Misty Hollow, or even the wider Centria area. He would think a device like this would be a great way of finding out if his TWD enemies are in Pandora (and if they were, he would throw all his resources into locating their exact whereabouts and hunting them down like the filthy dogs they are). Publicly, he will praise G'raha and all involved for devising an object that can bring closure for the people and boost morale.
Excellent! We'll definitely need some experienced help with the Cosmic Wilderness stuff! It has its own unique challenges being all spacey and all.

And I absolutely love that idea for the Governor, and how he'd see this as something to abuse for personal reasons. If G'raha ever realized the truth, he would absolutely want to shut him down. Some nice potential for future stuff, once this project is all done. :)

Hilda Ware

Final Fantasy
She's super open RN as far as plotting goes (I'll have that thread up for us soon!) so if you need to wiggle her into any time frame, please feel free to do so!

G'raha Tia

Final Fantasy
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Miqo'te
Height
5'2"
Occupation
Mages' Guild Leader
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Heartbroken
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Summer Update!

The planning/theorizing phase has been officially closed. Read on (or check out the updated first post) for the focus of the current phase!

Current Phase: Small-scale and Crystal Vales Testing. Plans for Regional Expansion. (Summer Season)
There is a plan in place now! They just need to start large-scale testing and prepping other regions for involvement as well. Specific things for thread inspiration:
  • Testing prototype version of the magitech device in the Vales on a small scale
  • The discovery that they need some sort of amplification to get the device to work -- i.e. they're gonna need to set these up in specific spots around Pandora.
  • Scouting out these nexus points (or whatever we might end up calling them)
  • Political maneuvering and getting support/permission from other regions

And of course if anybody has specific ideas for other things, always feel free to drop them here. I can probably only take a handful of relevant threads related to this myself at the moment, but I'd love to help anybody interested find ways to get their own plots and threads going with folks related to this as well. :)

tag dump! (please feel free to ignore or let me know if you want to be removed from the list. And if you aren't on the list you are 100% welcome to join!)
@Ardyn Izunia @Merlin Ambrosius @Lavi @Hal Jordan @Howl Jenkins Pendragon @Guren Ichinose @Hilda Ware @Luke Skywalker @Wedge Antilles @The Governor

Rune

The Cheery Reaper
Species
Undead
Occupation
Collecting souls
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Oh, Tosh would love to help with this! She's lost a lot of friends since being here, and now that one from home showed up, she doesn't want to be left questioning any disappearances. She's working in the Commune now, and would be happy to bring it up to the local government to garner support as well as search for ideal nexus points both in the area and all around Pandora!

• Excited

Allunara

Application Division
Pronouns
She/Her
This sounds good, Ardyn probably will be focusing on the politics in Centria and maybe finding the nexus point there. i think that is what would make the most sense to him for now

• Excited

Current Season

Status Updates

sorry to the people i'm writing with, kind of all over the place lately. trying to work it out and get back to normal soon hopefully.
So sorry for the recent slowness! I'm gonna post hoard through the weekend and try and catch up in one fell swoop to reset a bit.
// if I disappear, I should be back this Saturday :) //
Zhongli wrote on Howl Jenkins Pendragon's profile.
hOW REMARKABLE THAT I MAY FIND AN EXCEPTIONAL WARLOCK SUCH AS YOURSELF ON THIS EXTRAORDINARILY CONVENIENT PLATFORM AS WELL.
SonicSora wrote on insomniacowl's profile.
watch yourself, little man, i'll get your clown shoes

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kazuha Kaedehara
Top Bottom