By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Brainstorm Rani's Winter RP Needs!

Toss ideas back and forth to come up with a storyline/event/plot/major plot.

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
Hi everyone! We're a couple of weeks into winter now and I'm looking for some plots and such for my three characters! I'm mainly looking to build some lasting relationships, and develop some interesting plots (character-driven or otherwise). So I'm not looking so much for random interactions or one-offs.

I have a few specific ideas in mind in a couple of places, but otherwise I could definitely use some help brainstorming. Also, I just stuck to plotting stuff here, but if you want a summary of my characters and a brief overview of who they are, check out my Organizer. Though the Plotting Details there are currently way out-of-date. Woops.

G'raha Tia

So, G'raha here is my mage cat boy. He had a lot going on last season, and winter is intended to largely be a season of rest for him. As such, I'm not too interested in throwing him into potentially traumatic situations at the moment. He is head of the Mages' Guild, though he's on hiatus from that role in December and will be back starting January. For all of December, he is vacationing in Horizon for some emotional healing and well-deserved rest. After that, he's largely restricted to the Crystal Vales, between Heavenfell and Cascade Bay unless he wants to push himself to exhaustion (more on that in the hooks below!).

Hooks

- Veiled Threats! Okay, so this is rather specific and...not specific at the same time. But G'raha has a way with words, and can be absolutely scathing while keeping on that polite face. I would really, really, really love for him to find himself opposed with someone who is capable of the same. And they just subtly sniping at each other in a way where you really need to read between the lines to see what they're actually talking about. I've yet to really stretch my muscles with this part of G'raha's persona, and I'd love to give it a try. So, some sort of enemy -- perhaps to the Mages' Guild or somehow he would be opposed to in some other way (G'raha is good, so any character with plans that would hurt others/threaten peace/or otherwise be generally villainous would work).

- Is there a fix for his Crystallization? G'raha's body is slowly crystallizing, and it's had its greatest extension after events of last season -- something he only discovers in December. I think he might lowkey have an eye out for potential ways to stop/slow or even reverse it. He won't go out of his way to do this, since his eventual crystallization is something he's largely accepted and come to terms with. But if any opportunities arise, he would not turn them down. I'm not looking for this to be wholly successful beyond slowing it, cause I have future things planned with this, but could be something fun to play with.

- Freeing himself from the artifact beneath the Mages' Guild Tower. G'raha has bound himself to a mysterious artifact beneath the Mages' Guild tower. I'm using this as a stand-in for the Crystal Tower of his canon that plays a similar role for the purpose of plot and character development stuff. Before he bound himself to it, the artifact emitted raw magical energies that caused chaos that spread further and further. He's able to contain and control that energy so it stopped doing bad things, but at a personal cost. First, he has difficulty traveling far from the artifact without growing weak, something that is greatly exacerbated if he tries to travel via the Portal Hubs in Pandora. Second, as he channels the magic from that artifact, it causes his crystallization to advance further. Third, he has to channel magic from the artifact in order to safely release its natural build up of energy over time, or else its gonna cause havoc. Now, G'raha has been coming to realize he can actually live a new life in Pandora and is learning how to undo his self-sacrificial way of thinking that he's been fostering for 200 years. He'd like to find another solution that doesn't involve slowly killing himself. So starting this season, he is going to look for a way to unbind the artifact and safely control it/eliminate it as a threat. Suggestions are most welcome (but should be difficult/not obvious, since he did do the whole 'bind the artifact' thing as a last resort in the first place).

- New Spellcasting Staff Needed! Through teleportation mishaps last season, G'raha has lost his staff! He needs a new staff to replace it, or else he won't be able to safely cast magic, since it's a required focal item for his spellcasting. The most important thing is that the staff has a gem of some embedded into the head of the staff to act as a focal point. Since G'raha is particularly powerful, a fitting staff for him would include a gem that is imbued with aetherical (i.e. magical) energies already. Though he can work with any gem. He is not a craftsman and will need help getting a new staff created. Could also be a fun prompt for a little side adventure thread to actually retrieve a suitable gem or other rare materials. G'raha himself may not go on such an adventure due to his current limitations, but I'm happy to offer it as a prompt for others to take advantage of. Ideally, I'd love to plot him getting his new staff while he's in Horizon in December, so anybody around that area or who could find a reason to go there would be nifty.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis is currently living in Pandopolis, and just doing his best to get by from the day to day. He lost his bff to the whims of Pandora last season, and I'd love for him to find a new person to fill that role. But the main thing for Noct is that I'm looking for his life to turn on its head, and for him to find some new purpose. He's been largely in the slice-of-life mode for a looong time now, and I'd like to pull him out of that.

Hooks

- Aquarium Shenanigans. Noctis currently works at the Aquarium, and I was thinking some kind of fish heist might be fun. Whether stealing some creature away from the aquarium that totally doesn't belong there (pls nothing too dark in themes though -- I want wholesome fun), or Noct trying to prevent some kind of Aquarium heist going down (perhaps its the setting for a party and people are there all fancied up with their precious jewels and what not). He just works in the gift shop, cause while he loves fish he has no experience with actually like taking care of sea creatures.

- Monster Hunting. Noctis has a history of hunting monsters and wild animals, to help keep the locals safe. I'd love for him to get involved in something like this again on the regular.

- Keeping His Skills Sharp. Noct is actually a pretty damn good fighter, but he doesn't ever really make use of those skills outside of random moments few and far between these days. His skills might be getting rusty, and it would be good for him to get some kind of outlet to keep them in shape, or somebody looking to keep him in shape (honestly, Noct can be super lethargic and lazy and has trouble motivating himself when he's in a depressive funk and losing his bff has definitely pushed him in that direction, so somebody to help motivate him would be best).

Keith Kogane

Alright, so after last season of just kind of existing and throwing himself into dangerous and being self-destructive after the death of his boyfriend he's...marginally better. He's back working at StarsX, though he still has a particularly short fuse and definitely struggles with being level-headed at the moment.

Hooks

- StarsX Adventures. I'd love to do something with StarsX Academy and its whole purpose to "discover, document, and educate with regards to the Cosmic Wilderness". Keith is a pilot, so he doesn't do so much the teaching and stuff, but he can help ferry the Rangers and archaeologists and whoever they're teaching around. Space adventures! =D

- Giant Robot Lion. So, Keith has the Black Lion now that Shiro is gone, but it's something I haven't really utilized in anything lately. I'd love to break out the Black Lion for some space adventures and such. It's probably in some kind of hangar or something in Elysium. Maybe someone even foolishly tries to steal it, and gets more than they bargained for. :O

- Aaand I have no idea. I'll add more here if/when I think of anything.

Other!

So yeah, those are my specific thoughts and such. But if you have any other ideas you'd like to throw at any of my boys, please do feel free! This is not first come first serve, and some stuff I may delegate out to a future time so I don't overwhelm myself. And I can be horribly slow with posting and such, so anything that is time-sensitive is probably not best at the moment. But I'd love to get my boys involved in some new stuff. =D

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
@Rani :: I remember you wanted to get something started with Keith and Yondu quite some time ago, soooo. Now that my hands are free, I may be able to plot more? What planet(s) has he not seen yet?
I would definitely be down for this! The only Space location I've actually used in threads with him is The Waystation. So actually using some of the other planetary bodies that exist would be super awesome.

Something where the environment itself is dangerous could be nifty. Perhaps they're there to try and find a StarsX Academy research team that missed it's last few check-ins. Etoth, Masmoter, Prometheum, or Oblivios could fit that bill.

• Excited
Reactions: theweasleyboys

FullMoon

Shipper
Pronouns
He/him
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
I've got a couple potential ideas I could throw out!

For Noctis, I have Raihan, who's a Pokémon Trainer. I thought it could be fun if in one of his excursions he ended up running into actual monsters and meets with Noctis that way. Additionally, Raihan knew Prompto before and is also a bit of a camera fiend himself, so I think they could develop a fun relationship besides that.

For Keith, I got Kaito! He's a pilot at StarsX as well and I could see him having some sort of friendship/rivalry thing going on since he's a pretty competitive guy. Besides that, I thought it could be fun for him to find the Black Lion and start investigating it while having no clue what it really is and just, generally be excited about it. Maybe they could even do something silly like a race between a spaceship and the Black Lion, if the opportunity presented itself.

• Excited
Reactions: Rani

theweasleyboys

Silly Denizen of the Sewer Tunnels
Organizer
link
@Rani :: ...Sooo since I'm finally watching the Expanse from start to finish, I'm sorely tempted to hit up Prometheum first and get all sorts of scary vibes from whatever glowing blue people are out there. Would this be a little too dramatic to begin the adventure process, or am I on the right track here?

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
Ack, so sorry for the delay! Got caught up in holiday stuff, but working on catching up now.
:)

I've got a couple potential ideas I could throw out!

For Noctis, I have Raihan, who's a Pokémon Trainer. I thought it could be fun if in one of his excursions he ended up running into actual monsters and meets with Noctis that way. Additionally, Raihan knew Prompto before and is also a bit of a camera fiend himself, so I think they could develop a fun relationship besides that.

For Keith, I got Kaito! He's a pilot at StarsX as well and I could see him having some sort of friendship/rivalry thing going on since he's a pretty competitive guy. Besides that, I thought it could be fun for him to find the Black Lion and start investigating it while having no clue what it really is and just, generally be excited about it. Maybe they could even do something silly like a race between a spaceship and the Black Lion, if the opportunity presented itself.
I would definitely love to do something with Raihan and Noctis. Noct isn't in the habit of hunting down monsters these days, but I could definitely see him maybe picking up a job for old time's sake (and cause he's trying to figure out wtf is going on). Maybe they even both set out due to the same monster sighting notice and happen to run into each other on the way.

Doing something with Kaito and Keith sounds fantastic as well! Though I'd suggest focusing on just Raihan and Noct to start with. I need threads for Noctis a bit more than I do for Keith at the moment, and don't want to overwhelm myself with too many at the moment. :) But yeah, I'm definitely down for exploring their whole 'co-worker' angle, since they definitely have to cross paths. The friendship/rivalry thing would be super cool.

@Rani :: ...Sooo since I'm finally watching the Expanse from start to finish, I'm sorely tempted to hit up Prometheum first and get all sorts of scary vibes from whatever glowing blue people are out there. Would this be a little too dramatic to begin the adventure process, or am I on the right track here?
Prometheum sounds perfect to me! It's actually connected to Pandora's Prometheus Dust and doesn't have anything to do with the Expanse lore, so probably no glowing blue people there. But it seems super dangerous and prime for some adventure and disaster if their equipment breaks down. :p

• Popcorn
Reactions: theweasleyboys

FullMoon

Shipper
Pronouns
He/him
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
I would definitely love to do something with Raihan and Noctis. Noct isn't in the habit of hunting down monsters these days, but I could definitely see him maybe picking up a job for old time's sake (and cause he's trying to figure out wtf is going on). Maybe they even both set out due to the same monster sighting notice and happen to run into each other on the way.

Doing something with Kaito and Keith sounds fantastic as well! Though I'd suggest focusing on just Raihan and Noct to start with. I need threads for Noctis a bit more than I do for Keith at the moment, and don't want to overwhelm myself with too many at the moment. :) But yeah, I'm definitely down for exploring their whole 'co-worker' angle, since they definitely have to cross paths. The friendship/rivalry thing would be super cool.

Wow I'm super sorry for taking so long to respond to this I was distracted by pretty much everything dfsjkh

I'm fine with focusing on Raihan and Noctis first! Raihan would probably investigate if he heard of a monster causing trouble, both out of sheer curiosity and because he wants to check if it's a Pokémon or not. I'd be down to having them meet along the way first, with maybe the monster showing up later for them to focus on.

G'raha Tia

Final Fantasy
Species
Miqo'te
Height
5'2"
Occupation
Mages' Guild Leader
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
♡ Asra Alnazar
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but when cat mom learns of best boy's condition, she's definitely gonna be wanting to help him. YwY
Yeeees, I definitely want to do stuff with Y'shtola. And who better to help G'raha really tackle the magic-based problems he's been having than such an expert herself.

Depending on when in the season you want them to meet up, G'raha will either be in Horizon (for all of December), or at the Mages' Guild tower for the rest of the season. Though he can travel around to other places in the Vales too, but is kind of limited beyond that.

• Love
Reactions: Y'shtola Rhul

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
Wow I'm super sorry for taking so long to respond to this I was distracted by pretty much everything dfsjkh

I'm fine with focusing on Raihan and Noctis first! Raihan would probably investigate if he heard of a monster causing trouble, both out of sheer curiosity and because he wants to check if it's a Pokémon or not. I'd be down to having them meet along the way first, with maybe the monster showing up later for them to focus on.
That's alright! No apology necessary. What if we have some kind of fun monster causing trouble in Pandopolis somewhere? Could even be at the aquarium Noctis works at, and maybe Raihan was visiting?

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
I don't know how to quote--
BUT yes, she's gonna reach G'raha eventually. She has every reason to try contacting the Mage's Guild. :3
Oh, you can use the Reply or Quote buttons at the bottom of the post to quote someone. Using "Reply" is the most straight forward way, since it will automatically quote the entire post and place it in the reply box for you. The "Quote" option is a bit more complicated since it allows you to quote multiple posts, which you can then organize/insert under the "Insert Quotes" option that will then appear on the reply box.

But yes, back to the plotting! Just let me know whenever you're ready to have them meet up and we can get something going at the Mages' Guild. Whether it's because she hears of G'raha's work there, or if it's just a happy coincidence when she decides to call upon the guild. :)

• Love
Reactions: Y'shtola Rhul

Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

Justin L. McCay wrote on Sister Mary Eunice's profile.
Will you be my new auntie?
Does anyone know where one can get a high-tech exosuit fixed up? Asking for a friend...

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy Johnson
Top Bottom