By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private ridin' the waves for somewhere

Coconut Pete

Club Dread
Tag: @Jessica Jones.
Date: 1st March, Year 109.

He’d been wading in the sea, trying to make out the boat approaching the shoreline when a wave had slammed into him with the force of a runaway tour bus. Pete went under its foaming wheels, coughing and spluttering as though he’d smoked some bad weed.

Blinded by the churning water, he scrabbled wildly back to his feet, observing with tequila dulled surprise that the sand was no longer soft, but as hard as the nipples on a corpse. The wave must’ve carried him up the beach ‘cos he could no longer feel the water lapping and licking like lusty fan girls around his waist. Christ. He was lucky it hadn’t dragged him further out to sea.

Pete blinked water out of his eyes, squinting around himself in rum dampened astonishment. The wave hadn’t just knocked him up the beach, but inside one of the apartments. How totally rad! His fascinated smile faded a little as he took in the sparse furniture and drab walls. Where was the palm tree print wallpaper and bead curtains? Someone hadn’t done their job!

A woman was slumped in a chair, her bony shoulders trembling with disappointment. She was too wrapped up in her distress to notice him, dabbing at her red eyes and blotchy nose with a soggy tissue. It tugged at your heartstrings. People came to his resort to have fun and get laid, not have their hearts broken by crummily furnished apartments.

She was an aged wine of a woman, the sunlight that streamed in through the window making the silver glisten in her dark hair. It didn’t strike him as odd that one of her wise years had come to a resort geared at the young ‘uns. Sometimes the vintage generations were the most sex hungry. And she wasn’t half bad looking really. Her chest hadn’t completely capsized yet, like twin sand castles before the tide. He would’ve steered her in Hank’s direction, except Hank…

Oh, Hank. Pain pinched at Pete’s chest. He hoped the big guy’d found his hammock in heaven.

“Why’re you getting upset?” he asked the older woman warmly. “We can find you a new room.”

Pete stepped forward as though to touch her arm, but reconsidered and let it drop to his sodden pant leg. She probably wouldn't appreciate him getting her wet... Well, she probably would've appreciated it if he'd meant it in the sexual sense of the word, but he was dripping seawater on the floor, tendrils of his long hair plastered to his chest. He’d managed to cling on to his bottle of tequila, water trickling off the bottom. Some kind of gnarly looking seaweed dangled from the neck of his acoustic guitar, as well as his arms and legs.

“That was one crazy fuckin' wave,” he muttered more to himself than the woman, shaking his damp head.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones

Marvel Universe
A.K.A Jewel
Race
Gifted human
Occupation
Private Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Jessica leaned back in her chair, glass of whiskey almost depleted as she listened to the mother talk about her lost child. Jess had already asked was she sure he was missing? Did the vines take him back or not? The woman swore that her son had not been taken by the vines, claiming he was out there somewhere, lost and alone.

She had finished off her whiskey when the guy showed up. Jess was less startled by his presence though the woman stiffened at the words before bursting into tears again which made the private investigator want to roll her eyes. How many more tears could this woman shed? After glaring at the newcomer, she managed to calm the woman down enough to be okay with leaving her sitting there.

Pulling herself to her feet, she walked towards Pete and if he let her, she would grab his arm and pull him into the side room. "You're new here so I'll let you off just once." Jess spoke through gritted teeth, as if she was holding it together enough that she didn't throw him through a wall. "I'll deal with you once I've finished with her." Goddamn, for all the places the guy could have appeared in, the vines had to toss him in her place of work.

Fantastic.

• Haha
Reactions: Coconut Pete

Coconut Pete

Club Dread
Pete let the other - younger - woman lead him from the room, surprised at the way she glared at him. He was new? It dawned on him then why she was hot and bothered (not in that way). She’d mistaken him as a guest who’d walked in on a private conversation, although how she couldn’t recognize him was crazy. He was Coconut Pete. Rock ‘n’ roll’s favorite son (although his music had been described more as country and western).

So, you’re the new camp psychologist,” Pete remarked conversationally, regretting that he did not personally hire all of his staff. He was far too busy writing and recording songs, entertaining his guests, and getting laid, drunk and stoned (not always in that order). “I hate to lecture but you’re supposed to wear the Pleasure Sweater when you’re on duty.”

And where was her shark tooth necklace? Maybe he was getting too soft with his staff…

“Anyways, I’m your boss. Coconut Pete,” he extended his hand, seawater dripping off his ringed fingers. Raising his eyebrows, he gave her a look that was two parts hopeful, and one part incredulous. “Y’know… The guy who wrote a lil’ song called Pina Coladaburg in 1970.”

• Haha

Jessica Jones

Marvel Universe
A.K.A Jewel
Race
Gifted human
Occupation
Private Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

"I'm not a psychologist but even I know you are deluded. See that sign there?" Jessica asked, nodding towards the sign on the front door that read Alias Investigations although it was backwards so it was more like snoitagsevnI sailA.

"This is my place of work and you are not my boss." Honestly if the guy hadn't literally just been shoved into her place of work then she would have punched him. She still wanted to punch him, that much was probably clear from the way she glared daggers at him.

"This is Pandora. You were pulled here from your world. And the fact that you are brand new is the only reason why you're still standing without a broken nose."

• Haha

Coconut Pete

Club Dread
He turned his head to look at the sign, squinting in confusion. snoitagsevnI sailA? Was that Costa Rican? Was there even a language called Costa Rican?

Pete took a startled step back from the woman, but not ‘cos of his strange predicament. He was more alarmed - and maybe a lil’ hurt - that she wanted to break his nose. Why, she didn’t even know him! He wasn’t such a bad guy!

Huh. That really was some wave if it could carry me into a parallel dimension,” he grunted, sounding surprised but only in a nonchalant kinda way, like he’d heard that Billy Squier had gone to Buckingham Palace to share a stogie with the Queen. “You seem pretty knowledgeable and shit. Do you know how I can get back to my world? Y’see there’s this killer runnin’ ‘round my island with a machete - we think - killing my staff. I’m sorta awful fond of ‘em.”

Jessica Jones

Marvel Universe
A.K.A Jewel
Race
Gifted human
Occupation
Private Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

God she was such an asshole. Sighing, mostly to herself, she headed back towards the desk, now free from any other people she was getting cases for and then took her seat again.

"You're stuck here until the vines that grabbed you toss you back. But don't worry. Things keep going as if you never left. But I'm sorry. It's not easy." Now she was feeling kind of bad for the guy though she wasn't going to let that show. He might have first thought this was his place but that didn't mean she was going to be too nice.

Grabbing a bottle of whiskey, she went to take a drink and then paused. "Drink?"

• Wow

Coconut Pete

Club Dread
“Whoa… Well… All right then,” he said, casually shrugging off the whole parallel universe deal. The two bottles of tequila he’d necked earlier and the grass he’d smoked might’ve contributed to his relaxed acceptance of his situation. “Do you have towels in this dimension? How about shirts?”

At least they had whiskey. Pete wasn’t sure how he would’ve clung on to his sanity if this had been some kinda squeaky clean kindergarten society.

“Thanks. But I'm good.” He pointed with his tequila, then took a big swig.

… And spat it out vehemently on the floor. Ugh. Salty. He’d forgotten that the waves had washed out his bottle, replacing rich, oaky nectar with its own saltwater. So fuckin' salty. He was gonna have a mouth like a cat’s anus all day now.

Jesus! No wonder pirates drink their own urine!” Pete reached out to take her whiskey. He was gonna need somethin’ to wash out that god awful taste!

Jessica Jones

Marvel Universe
A.K.A Jewel
Race
Gifted human
Occupation
Private Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Jess had barely swallowed a mouthful of whiskey before she was pulling herself to her feet again, leaving Pete with the whiskey bottle while she went ahead to fetch half a dozen towels that she tossed on the desk.

Considering the amount of time she stayed here, as well as how often she got into fights, Jess had quite a bit of clothing around, and no doubt there was something that she could give him - because she really wasn't going to ask for it back.

Finding one that she was pretty sure belonged to Luke at some point, she strode back out and handed it over. "You can dry off and change in the bathroom. I'd rather you didn't get changed in front of me."

Coconut Pete

Club Dread
He took a big swig of whiskey, grunting in pleasure as it drowned out some of the godawful taste of whale semen. Ugh. So fuckin’ salty. It would take the whole bottle to wash the bitter taste away completely, but he wasn’t gonna help himself to all of the woman’s whiskey. That would’ve been pretty fuckin’ uncool after she’d got him those towels and thangs.

“Thanks,” he took the shirt, holding it out to study. It was a lil’ large, but that wasn’t a problem ‘cos his ponchos and tranquillity blouses were all pretty baggy. The problem was with the color. “It’s black. Ain’t you got somethin’ a lil’ brighter? People’re gonna think I’m bar staff. Not that there’s anythin’ wrong with bar staff. They serve a vital role.”

He lay the shirt on her desk, shrugging off his guitar and helping himself to three of the towels. That was sure optimistic. It’d probably take all six to dry off his long, glorious hair.

• Haha

Jessica Jones

Marvel Universe
A.K.A Jewel
Race
Gifted human
Occupation
Private Investigator
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Was he that ungrateful about a damn shirt? Jess was far too tired to deal with any shit like this, and so she wasn't about to rise to the bait. Now that is what we call character development!

"The ones with color won't fit you, unless you want to move and have the shirt rip." She pointed out, finishing the rest of the amber liquid and then scoured through her desk for another bottle.

She owned plenty of whiskey so him finishing off the bottle given wouldn't put a dent in her supply.

Kinda said something about her drinking habits, huh?

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

"...Whoever said 'Silence is Golden', obviously never needed friends or family around."
tfw the anole in your house keeps outsmarting you. #FloridaProblems
Thank you for the April Fools gift. I liked it VERY MUCH. https://i.ibb.co/XCSq05b/present.png
the disintegrations were an aprilfool. those manthings will be back in three days.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lie Ren
Top Bottom