By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open Rude Awakening

This roleplay thread is open for anyone to join.
Description
Daniel's arrival in Pandora. Welcome or terrify him, please. Date can be adjusted.

Daniel Jackson

Stargate SG-1
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'0
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
link
April 2

Daniel awakened with a start, breathing in sharply as the dark tendrils came for him where he had been safe and sound asleep in his bed in an apartment in Colorado Springs. He must have resisted them for the final instant of his 'ordinary' life, if it could have been called 'normal' by any stretch of the imagination.

At least, that was what seemed to have happened to him. He had disappeared straight down through the bed. But that had been a dream, hadn't it?

Daniel opened his eyes again. It didn't feel as if his initial awakening had been real at all. This seemed real and more possible, if only just. It felt real.

As his eyes came into focus, he realized it was a bit blurry. Suddenly frantic, he fumbled for his glasses and found that they had managed to fall up over his forehead and land in his bed-mussed hair. He put them on, only a little speckled for wear. He was relieved that he had them, because something told him that hey was definitely not where he had fallen asleep.

He sat up. The floor beneath him was cold. He had been lying and was now sitting on a floor with nothing but his pajamas, his glasses, and a book that had fallen from its position on his chest. He tried to retrace his steps in his mind, and when that seemed to take too long, he looked around. He was searching for a circular ring, one that would give him some sense that he had actually come to such an alien place and hadn't just appeared.

Daniel's senses seemed heightened, and he could hear what sounded like slow relentless rain or a dripping faucet on a pretty massive scale. As he moved to stand, he realized that one reason he was so cold was that there was a cold kind of mist coming in from some places that was so fine that it was hard to understand that it was wet until it started to permeate the pale blue-and-white-striped pajama pants he wore. It was starting to fleck on his glasses, microscopically and prismatically, but any whimsy that might have held was easily overshadowed by the ominous sound of voices and the sight of scarred rocks and a big statue that he spotted as he turned around that looked a lot like what some might call a god.

"Oh, no, no, no," he said to himself when he realized that while this certainly was a place of worship, it wasn't one where he recognized any of the iconography or symbols. It didn't seem to be Thor and neither did it seem to be Zeus, and all he could think was that it was so disconcerting that it didn't even rouse his curiosity.

He moved his tongue to warm his lips more than moisten them.

"He-Hello?" he called. Then, he could hardly stop himself from calling out, "Jack?" Nothing. After a pause of listening, in spite of the creeping dread that brought about, he added: "...Sam? Teal'c?"

He had second thoughts too late about making himself known without so much as a stick to defend himself with, not to mention the basic military equipment he had (weirdly) become accustomed to walking around with. He was vulnerable, desperately vulnerable, but there seemed to be no way out but through in this situation that was definitely not the dream.

James T. Kirk

Star Trek
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Occupation
Commanding Officer
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
It was just a temple right? Although, Kirk could already run down how many temples or anything similar he had been to before and they never seemed to end too nicely, from some sort of sacrifice to weddings he or his crew weren't entirely ready to settle down to! This had been different though, armed with only the knowledge that this could be linked to strange weather, he really had to be the one to go ahead and see what else there may be.

Kirk kept his phaser holstered at his side and his blue Starfleet ( the Pandora one ) on over a black top and a pair of dark blue pants with silver trim. In some way, he thought that this may have more or less been a job for the Starsx people, but Starfleet had seemed a bit too happy to send the Captain instead to investigate. A trick on the new guy? Or just cruelty? Kirk really hadn't found out just yet which was which right now. Instead, he had slipped into the temple and had gone to looking at the different sorts of charity to weather gods it had been filled with, to the overwhelming flowing of water that even made the Starfleet Officer a little concerned.

Okay, it wasn't just that. The path in which Kirk had been walking had been lined with candles that threatened to expire with every chill of wind that swept through from both sides of him rather than one. The entire temple in it's own had been feeling like he was walking through a park or through the woods back in Iowa as a kid. And yet, it lacked that sort of happiness that went with it. Instead, his steps stopped at a massive statue of one weather god. For a moment, he stared at it and looked on to the path in which he would soon continue. " Stay there. " He pointed at it, just making sure.

He'd heard enough stories about things moving that shouldn't in the universe, he wasn't about to even doubt a single thing in Pandora when that place had seemed to be full of crazy surprises he was more or less not prepared for.

Speaking of which, he soon heard a voice. An actual voice. The sound had made Kirk pick up his pace a little and follow the source. As far as he had thought, he had been alone there. Now? In some ways he was thankful. Whoever this person was, he hoped they may have had a better clue than what he had. Who would have thought? At this point? He'd give his left leg to have Spock there. He was sure that he could figure it all out.

Instead, as he skidded to a halt on that wet surface he had found a man.. in his pajamas. " Am I interrupting a sleepover? " He dared to ask.

Yeah. This was just getting weirder. What had he gotten himself into this time?

@Daniel Jackson

Reactions: Daniel Jackson

Daniel Jackson

Stargate SG-1
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'0
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
link
Daniel had not been waiting for an answer for very long when a man in blue came up in a lot of quick, agile motion. The clothing he wore reminded Daniel of the sleek attire worn by some of the more advanced civilizations they had come upon when going through the Stargate.

They. He was alone here, now. It felt wrong and made him look around one more time as if his friends, his team might suddenly appear.

Meeting the man's eyes, he shook his head. He reached up to push some of his hair out of the way. It had gradually grown quite damp, as had the rest of him, to the point that some of the fabric of his clothes and his hair had become a bit heavy and cool to the touch.

"Ah, no," Daniel said, soft-spoken but bristling just a little. He had just awakened to all of this, and he had absolutely no idea what to do. "Not exactly. Can you tell me... what this place is?"

He eyed the man carefully through his droplet-dappled glasses, watching for anything non-verbal, too.

@James T. Kirk

James T. Kirk

Star Trek
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Occupation
Commanding Officer
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
" Centria. " That was.. one part of it at least. Kirk had sighed when what he had to say would likely make next no sense, and yet it was very much the truth. " This temple, it appeared in Centria not too long ago. There's a whirlwind outside of it, I'm not sure if it's there for protection.. or? " So he had hoped that maybe the man in pajama's had a good idea of what they were dealing with, but it appeared he may have known just as little if not even less.

" I've been looking around for some information, all I can really say is I'm noticing a lot about Gods and the weather. " Storm Gods? There were some of those in mythology. Well, Thor to be exact. Although that was a time that was very much before him, and even the lore of such had been well before his time. " The weather odd here, it can rain in the temple and in another room I had to tread through a blizzard. " He hated snow, so so much.

None of it made sense really. He should have been out in orbit by now, and instead he was in some weird old temple that had weather changes on the dime and a guy in nightwear. " Are you okay? " He finally gave in, instead just offering to focus his attention to the man who had seemed unsure of where he was. " I'm Jim. " While Captain seemed the appropriate thing to say, at the moment he wasn't Captain of much without the Enterprise, and any crew in Pandora at Starfleet had currently not been assigned to him and his jalopy of a ship.. okay it wasn't an actual jalopy but he really missed the Enterprise.

@Daniel Jackson

Daniel Jackson

Stargate SG-1
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'0
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
link
Daniel listened to the description of the temple, and at some point, he folded his arms. He rubbed at them, wishing there were a better way to get dry. In these clothes, it was doubtful unless he found a warm, dry room or some sunlight through all the clouds that seemed - so far - to be the kind of weather this place was having. He was interested in the description, though.

A building, let alone a temple, that just appeared out of nowhere piqued his interest. His mouth opened more than once as if to ask questions, but the man seemed more informed than he was giving himself credit for.

When he introduced himself, it made Daniel tune back in to something other than intellectual curiosity. He extended his hand, politely.

"I'm Daniel," he said, squinting a little through the fine droplets on his glasses.

"I... seem to be all in one piece, but I seem to have been... transported here somehow without any of my gear or my team. So... 'okay,' is probably a good enough word for it, thanks."

He chuckled for a moment, an expression of at least mild anxiety.

@James T. Kirk

James T. Kirk

Star Trek
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Occupation
Commanding Officer
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
" What a great place to show up in. " That was sarcasm, although he knew full well that Daniel hadn't exactly had much options, Kirk too had appeared in Pandora when he was on a planet exploring. And then? Suddenly out in the middle of nowhere where all around him from top to bottom had been a starfield and yet civilization. It made no sense, and it still made no sense, but he had been making his way through it all until some sort of reasoning began showing itself.

Still, he had all of Pandora to see and here he was in the temple of talos where weather had been all sorts of crazy. " It's Pandora, or at least that's what it's called. I'm a Starfleet Captain here. " And at home too, although Jim could really get started on the differences between his Starfleet and the one of which Pandora had. It was best not to however, since he doubted Daniel wanted to spend too much time on that rather than finding his way out.

" You don't happen to know anything about temples with insane weather conditions, do you? " He could hope. Now that he had filled him in, there was always that hope. Unfortunately, his five year mission hadn't given him any actual knowledge towards the idea. Much less, it wasn't too often that giant temples just rose from the ground and began functioning as if they had always been there. " I was sent here to try and gather some information, so far all I've done is lost my watch and been both frozen and overheated in less than an hour. "

@Daniel Jackson

Daniel Jackson

Stargate SG-1
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'0
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
link
Daniel listened and when he thought he had been polite enough began to look around again, sparing a glance back to Jim every now and then. He was already trying to work out what exactly this might be a temple to when Jim asked his question. He clicked his tongue softly before answering.

"Well, I think this is almost certainly a temple to some kind of storm or lightning god. Definitely not the Asgard I'm familiar with, though. The iconography isn't... quite what I've seen before," he said.

@James T. Kirk

James T. Kirk

Star Trek
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Occupation
Commanding Officer
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
Asgard. Asgard! That was something Jim was actually familiar with! Okay, maybe he wasn't a pro, maybe he wasn't even well versed enough for it to matter, but he had known Asgardian enough. It was associated to the Norse Gods, like Odin, Thor, and that other place Valhalla! The sense of excitement in him hadn't been because of that, but because it was familiar to something he knew, meaning Daniel came from somewhere similar if not the same place as Jim had.

" No, it's not Asgardian. It's not Greek either. " He also could have identified with that, but the moment he had mentioned lightning and thunder, he could easily say he had seen nothing that was evidence of Zeus. " I'm not a professional, I just know from what I know... none of this is familiar to me. " That included also what he had seen from his missions aboard the Enterprise. He had stood face to face with many who claimed to be Gods and Goddesses, and seen others who were immortalized by statues and worshiped by the natives. Yet, none of what he had seen in the temple had stuck a cord in his memories of any of them being identical.

@Daniel Jackson

Daniel Jackson

Stargate SG-1
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'0
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
link
Daniel's eyes lit up with interest when Jim seemed to take some of his meaning and to offer his input. He didn't need someone to be a fellow archaeologist to value their opinion. In fact, it was more impressive that someone who was or had been in a leadership position seemed not terribly dismissive of his area of expertise. He wasn't sure if he felt vindicated or nostalgic and a bit sad. Probably both. He couldn't help being disoriented.

He fought an uncertain sort of smile as he shook his head a bit.

"Well, I guess we could... try and 'gather some more information,'" he said, echoing Jim's words from before. "I've at least got to get my bearings."

He looked to see if Jim was inclined to go in any particular direction. Daniel really liked the idea of getting dry at some point.

"Back on Earth, at least, I'm an archaeologist."

@James T. Kirk

James T. Kirk

Star Trek
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Occupation
Commanding Officer
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single
" Earth? " More common ground, already Jim liked this guy! " I'm from Iowa, originally. " He could say he missed that part, but in truth he missed the Enterprise much more. His life in Iowa hadn't exactly been the best, and he was a bit too happy to have moved on in some ways. " Before I ended up here I was part of Starfleet, a different Starfleet. We were exploring various worlds throughout the universe. " Unlike most branches of the military, the fact that Starfleet explored was something Kirk had been aware hadn't been an actual secret. And so, there was very little restraints in speaking of it.

" Sort of like what I'm doing here now, I suppose. " StarsX had been working with the Pandora Starfleet for exploration, and Kirk had been a bit too happy to sign up since it gave him an excuse to know more of the world, as well as possibly seek out any of his crew he had hoped found their way there. The rest of what Daniel said hadn't gone ignored. " I could use an archaeologist. I've been going by what I know, which is little. Hopefully something here stands out in your studies. " But while Daniel had wanted to get out of wet clothes, Kirk was more inclined to simply getting out of that temple as soon as they could.

" I came in from the right, so why don't we try taking the path to the left? " A fork in the road so to speak, but it couldn't hurt could it? He'd already dealt with inconsistent rainfall, wind, and snow. Now, he just hoped the two men wouldn't happen to close to wherever he could hear the rumblings of thunder.​

@Daniel Jackson

Current Season

Status Updates

Post hoarding this weekend as I’m not feeling too hot!
Thancred Waters wrote on Ruby Rose's profile.
Well, well, well. Look what the cat metaphorical and/or literal god dragged in.
Went to school for 14 years just to never use 80% of of what they taught me. Crazy.
Daniela Dimitrescu wrote on Bela Dimitrescu's profile.
Bela!!!!!!!!! i've missed you so much ;;

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maya Fey
Top Bottom