By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private run to you

Alec Lightwood

The Shadowhunter Chronicles
jan 1st, year 109
@Magnus Bane

Nothing made sense. Alec had been here for two days and he was still just as confused as when he’d first arrived, and that was with the explanation someone had given him. That this place was called Pandora, that he’d been pulled in, that he couldn’t get out. He dealt with a lot of things in his line of work, but honestly this was far odder than a demon rampaging through the streets of New York.

But even the fact that he was in this Pandora, it wasn’t the thing occupying his attention. It was nearly an afterthought, shoved to the back of his brain - the only thing he could focus on right now was Magnus.

Magnus was here.

It’d taken a day of wandering before he’d found that information out - apparently someone had recognized him (and that was something else to shove to the back of his mind - how could he be recognized if he’d only just got here) and asked him about Magnus. Alec had, maybe, startled the man a little when he’d demanded to know where Magnus was, but eventually he’d gotten an address and it’d taken him another day to figure out how to actually get there.

But now….here he was. Walking up to a house - their house? - his heart pounding in his chest. He needed to see Magnus. It’d been one thing, watching him disappear into a portal, knowing that the chances of seeing him again weren’t absolute, but an entirely different thing to know he was here, somewhere, in this new, unfamiliar world.

He just wanted to see him.

But when he approached the house and knocked on the door, there was no answer. Not even when he pounded on it, or yelled Magnus’ name.

When he peered in the window, it seemed to be dark and he nearly gave up, shoulders slumping - only to startle when a shape jumped up onto the windowsill. A shape that turned out to be a cat, which was meowing and pawing at the window and…..smoking. There was….there was definitely some smoke, he squinted, brows furrowing in confusion.

What -

and then there was the telltale sparkle of magic and Alec turned, the feeling of relief so strong it nearly took his knees out.

“Magnus….” he breathed.​

Reactions: Magnus Bane

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
The New Year's Eve party was a decent idea... until it wasn't. When he got the invitation he thought it'd be a good chance to get out of the house, away from his usual routine, and take his mind off of things for a little while. Maybe even relax, and hell, maybe even have some fun for the first time in over a month.

For the first time since Alec disappeared.

It felt good to get dressed up the way he used to, with a low cut navy shirt and more necklaces than he could count, rings on every finger... well, almost every finger... and enough eyeliner to use up half his pencil. Though the bags under his eyes showed even through the makeup he almost felt like his old self again while looking in the mirror.

Unable to actually relax he ended up drinking instead, which was much more like what he'd be doing home alone anyway. Magnus lost track of the number of bottles he emptied before he was drunk enough to actually start to talk, and dance, and use the night for the distraction it was meant to be. He wasn't having a terrible time... until someone made a move on him. He wondered if he should go for it - Alec was gone, had been for over a month now, and from what Magnus was told the chances of him coming back were slim. The chances of him coming back as someone who would even recognize him were even slimmer. Magnus considered the casual party hookup for much longer than he's proud of as they crowded his space, their lips on his before he took proper stock of what was happening - and then a minute later he was backing away in horror from the hands that ran through his hair, turning away with mumbled apologies and bile in the back of his throat that was only partially from the alcohol.

He was wrong: he couldn't do this.

He needed to get out of there.

He needed to get home.

Less than a block away from the party the tears came, Magnus knew a portal in his current state was risky but as he swiped hastily at his eyes, smearing his makeup, he didn't care about any of that. He just needed to not be there. So Magnus opened a portal and stepped inside.

It opened outside of his house - a small miracle in and of itself - but the portal travel combined with his current level of inebriation was enough to leave him dizzy, stumbling out of the other end and nearly falling over his own two feet in the process.

He almost didn't see the figure by the window in the dark but when he did he froze. He thought he heard his name... he thought the sounded familiar... but it couldn't be.

"Who are you and what the hell are you doing here?" Magnus demanded instead, the words holding much less intimidation by the way they slurred and the way the magic he conjured into his palm flickered, unable to hold shape. Gods, he was pathetic.

Alec Lightwood

For a moment Alec could only stare, brow furrowed in uncomprehending confusion. Did Magnus not know who he was? That couldn't ...that couldn’t be possible. His heart jerked in his chest, and he took a step toward Magnus, wanting nothing more than to run to him, wrap his arms around him and not let him go. But Magnus looked ...rough. His make up was smeared, and he was slurring, and Alec’s gaze lingered on the magic that had flickered in his palm -

Magnus was drunk.

And upset.

“It’s - it's me, Magnus,” Alec said, gaze searching as he moved out of the shadows. “I was - I just got here. To...this place. I’m - I tried to find you as soon as I knew you were here, Magnus - “ he said, words falling from his mouth quickly, steps slow but steady as he crossed the distance between them, hand held out like he wanted to take Magnus’ - or maybe just as a buffer in case the sputtering magic in Magnus’ hand was put to use.

“Magnus, I missed you so much…” he said, reaching out for him. And it’d only been a matter of seconds since he’d last seen Magnus when he’d been pulled in, but those few moments, looking up at the sky, staring at the place where Magnus had last been as the portal to Edom disappeared, it’d felt like an eternity.

And then the two days it had taken him to find Magnus?

A lifetime.

But he was here now.

He was here.

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Magnus' eyes widened at the sight of Alexander stepping out of the shadows of the side of the house. He tried his best to process the words Alec was saying - he just got here. Not here as in 'home', but here as in 'to Pandora'. And that... that made sense. People did come back, he knew that as much as he knew how easily they could be taken away. And he knew they often came back with no memories of their original time here, which also fit the total confusion of this moment, but...

But.

Magnus couldn't bring himself to believe that this was really Alec, his Alexander, in any capacity. He couldn't be so lucky. He didn't deserve to be. No, this was just like every night he closed his eyes and dreamed of Alec coming back to him. This was his mind playing tricks on him again, in his drunken stupor, showing him what he wanted to see only to have it all fade away again when the morning came. It never hurt any less no matter how many times it happened.

Somehow this one hurt the most.

Alec reached out to him, taking slow, cautious steps forward, and when he was almost close enough to touch Magnus took several uncoordinated, stumbling steps backward, all the while shaking his head from side to side. "This isn't real. You aren't real." There's a sad resignation to his tone, the tears he thought he got rid of outside of the party threatening to return as he spoke. "You can't be my Alexander because he left. He's gone and there's nothing I can do about it and I have to live with that. This is just another dream and I can't wake up to that lost hope one more goddamn morning... I can't keep pretending... keep imagining..."

Magnus was still backing up as he spoke, away from 'Alexander', who he was now almost entirely convinced was a product of the alcohol and sleep deprivation and guilt from the kiss at the party. His heel caught on an uneven patch of pavement in the walkway and he fell backward onto the ground but made no effort to stand back up, looking down and squeezing his eyes shut, willing everything to be back to normal again when he opened them back up.

But when he did Alec was still there. And Magnus was even more confused than when he thought he was hallucinating.

Alec Lightwood

The sight of Magnus backing away from him brought him to an immediate stop, brow furrowed, mouth open without any words coming out. “I -” he started, words strangled in his throat as Magnus insisted he wasn’t real. The tears in his eyes hit Alec right in the gut and he wanted nothing more than to gather Magnus in his arms and make every last ounce of pain go away - but the more he approached, the further Magnus went.

He didn’t know, exactly, how Pandora worked - only knew what he’d been told and it was patchy at best. People were pulled in. People disappeared, sometimes. He gathered that must have been what happened to him, because the idea of him leaving Magnus, voluntarily? No - it would never happen.

Never.

A low, wounded noise left him as Magnus tripped, ending up on the ground and he felt his own throat grow tight, eyes misting as he stared down at him, unsure how to help him, unsure how to get him to believe that he was right here. That he wasn’t going anywhere, that he was real.

“Magnus, please….” Alec said, hurt and worry threading through his words as he knelt before him, a careful distance away, but close enough that the urge to touch him was nearly overwhelming. He didn’t want him to hurt himself trying to get away from him, but the fact that he was trying to get away was like a knife to the gut. “It’s - I’m here, I promise…” he said, nearly pleading with him to believe him.

He attempted to move a little closer, thinking that maybe, if he could just get his hands on Magnus, it would break through whatever was keeping Magnus from seeing that he was really here.

“Please….” he said, reaching out once more, hoping that Magnus would take his hand.​

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Alec didn't disappear when he opened his eyes like the hallucination, or dream, or whatever Magnus convinced himself the person in front of him was. No, Alec was still there, and in very true-to-Alec form was still moving toward him, still trying to help no matter how insistently Magnus attempted to push him away.

It wasn't until Alec said 'I promise' that Magnus felt himself starting to give in.

"Alexander?" Magnus breathed out, aware that his words likely reeked of whiskey, the name heavy on his tongue and full of hope and fear and love and loss all at once.

When Alec reached his hand out one more time Magnus reached out to take it in both of his own, holding it tightly and pulling Alec towards him. "It's really you this time, isn't it?" Magnus didn't know how many times he lived this moment in his mind since he woke up to an empty bed in late November. Dozens? Hundreds? Every time he closed his eyes... but when he opened them again it'd be gone, every single time.

Every time except this one.

"Alec," Magnus half-spoke, half sobbed. "I missed you so much. I thought I'd never-" but he cut off the words. He didn't even want to say them, not when all of his hopes and dreams and prayers were finally answered and Alec was there, right there, in front of him.

He thought he'd never see him again, but he'd never been happier to be wrong in his entire life.

Alec Lightwood

Alec nearly held his breath, waiting for Magnus’ reaction. If he didn’t believe him now, Alec wasn’t sure there was anything he could do to convince him, and that thought terrified him. But Magnus said his name and Alec swallowed, wide-eyed gaze fixed on him as he waited for Magnus to take his hand.

And then he did and Alec could have wept, he was so relieved.

As soon as Magnus started tugging him toward him he all but leapt to his side, wrapping an arm around him. “It’s me,” he breathed, his heart twisting in his chest as Magnus all but sobbed, and he cursed this place for doing this to Magnus. How could he ever have left him? He wouldn’t have, unless he’d been taken forcefully, and yet still he somehow managed to feel guilty.

He turned, pressing a kiss to the side of Magnus’ face as he enveloped him completely. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” he whispered, arms wrapping around him as tightly as he could manage without hurting him. All the stress of the past few days seemed to unwind inside him, face burrowing against Magnus as he took in a deep breath - he smelled like whiskey, a little too much, but beneath that was the smell he’d always come to associate with Magnus, magic and something else.​

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Magnus felt the warmth of Alec's body wrapped around him and only then realized how cold he was, dressed for the party and not even wearing a coat in the cold December- or was it January by now? - night air. Alec was there. Really there, and not going anywhere. For the first time in all of this Magnus actually allowed himself to feel hope and happiness that maybe this time it was here to stay.

"No," Magnus said quickly at Alec's apologies. "I'm the one who should be apologizing. I haven't been at my best lately. This, uh," Magnus cleared his throat. "I didn't want anyone to see me like this. Least of all you." He knew he was a mess when Alec first saw him stumble out of that portal, and it'd only gotten worse from there. This wasn't how he wanted their reunion to go.

"It wasn't your fault. You don't even-" It's only then that it really hits Magnus that Alec, this Alec, doesn't know a single thing about what happened, or how long Magnus spent searching for him after he vanished. This Alec also didn't have any memory of the entire life they built together here, starting from scratch, moving into the Valentino, and then their own home... the literal end of the world... this Alexander hadn't experienced any of that with him. If it wasn't for the kiss he placed on Magnus' cheek, Magnus might have to wonder if they were even together at all in his timeline.

"It's cold," Magnus said suddenly, trying his best to push away that particular train of thought. He'd have to find out eventually, but it didn't have to be sitting on the ground while his tears froze to his cheeks. "We should go inside. If you want to." The possibility of Alec not wanting to come inside was hopefully unlikely, but Magnus was also a disaster just then, and he wouldn't blame Alec if he wanted some time or space.

Alec Lightwood

Alec made a protesting noise - he knew he’d be beside himself if Magnus had gone anywhere (and he had been - back watching Magnus portal himself to Edom? God, he’d never felt like that before and hoped he would never again - it’d eclipsed the terror of trying to find Magnus after the soul sword).

It might not be his fault, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be sorry about it. He’d do anything to take back what had happened - to make it so that he’d never left (even if, as far as he knew, he hadn’t actually been here - but that was something he wasn’t going to think too hard about because he wanted to focus on the here and now with Magnus).

At the mention of the cold, Alec finally started to notice it. He squeezed Magnus a little tighter. “Yeah - yes, come on, let’s go inside,” he ushered, already trying to stand up and pull Magnus up with him at the same time. “Hey um…” he said, pausing for a moment. “When I was trying to look inside earlier, to see if you were in there there was uh...a cat,” he said, not letting go of Magnus but wondering if it was actually safe to go inside.

“It was smoking?”

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Magnus was thankful for the distraction of going inside. He knew it wouldn't last forever but it was better than nothing, because just then all he could think of was the disconnect between himself and the Magnus that Alec knew the first time they reconnected in Pandora - a Magnus Alec had been dating, and sleeping with, for quite some time by then, while the last thing Magnus experienced in their world had been crashing Alec's wedding to Lydia. What if that happened again? What if this Alec was used to a Magnus he couldn't live up to?

He knew he should be enjoying the simple fact that Alec was here at all, but it's a doubt that he couldn't completely ignore no matter how hard he tried.

Thankfully it looked as if the universe was going to provide them both a proper distraction because as Magnus took Alec's offered hand to help him up Alec also mentioned a smoking cat.

Artemis.

"Oh no," Magnus said, suddenly moving towards the door with much more urgency than before. If Artemis knew Alec was back this whole time, but he hadn't come inside yet...

The front door opened to an impressive amount of smoke, and the sight of the curtains catching fire. Magnus had the flames doused by magic in a matter of seconds, thankfully before they could spread and do more than a bit of superficial damage.

Meanwhile Artemis, still smoking, had beelined her way to Alec to rub against his ankles in a constant back-and-forth.

"I wasn't the only one who missed you," Magnus pointed out. "Not that that's any excuse to set the house on fire, is it Artemis?" he added pointedly at the cat, who knew that tone and hesitated slightly with a head tilt and a 'meow' in his direction at which Magnus could only roll his eyes but smile fondly.

It's only once they're inside that Magnus is acutely aware of everything of Alec's he left in place, from the boots and bow by the door where Alec always left them after coming home from patrol to a number of other odds and ends - all things that were Alec's or screamed of Alec, in a place he'd never been before.

"Make yourself at home," Magnus said warily, not sure how this was going to go over.

Alec Lightwood

“Wha-” Alec started, surprised by Magnus’ sudden urgency at the mention of the cat. He followed on his heels, eyes widening at the sight of smoke and the curtains up in flames - by the Angel, what had gone on in here? It was the cat, apparently, and Alec found himself wondering what the cat was doing in the house.

He nearly took a step backward as the cat beelined toward him, his gaze moving between the feline and Magnus, as if seeking reassurance that he wasn’t about to be burned alive. But the cat merely rubbed at his ankles and he found himself smiling, even as he tensed, ready to pull out his stele and activate a…..well, he didn’t have an anti-fire rune, did he. He’d activate something.

The smile on his face widened a little as Magnus addressed the cat. “Hello, Artemis,” he said, leaning down to pet her head, enjoying the little chirp she made even if the faint smoke made him cough.

He petted her for as long as his lungs would allow, which wasn’t long, before straightening up, gaze turning toward Magnus. Make himself at home.

He’d been so distracted by the cat, and now Magnus, that it took him a second to recognize the belongings in the entryway. Those were his boots, that was his bow. His brow furrowed, confusion written on his face. He’d been here before. That’s what Magnus had said - that he was gone - and it was only now just dawning on him.

He and Magnus had a life here.

A life he didn’t remember.

It was enough to shake him, dark gaze sweeping the room slowly as he took everything in.

“I -” he said, but then his mouth closed, a little overwhelmed.

“This is our house,” he said, distractedly - and it made sense, obviously, but the man who’d told him where to find Magnus had only mentioned Magnus living there.​

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"It is," Magnus confirmed, and then thought twice about it. "It was. Obviously I don't expect you to stay here if you don't want to. I can make other arrangements..." he trailed off, wondering how bad it would look for him to pour himself another drink just then. He could certainly use one.

He felt a little guilty that the house looked so drab around the holidays - he remembered how much Alec enjoyed decorating it for Christmas the year before.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? You have clothes in the bedroom if you want to change." Magnus hated the way he defaulted to playing host, at a loss for what else to do. He didn't like holding Alec at arm's length, almost treating him like a stranger, but that's almost what he was right then, in a way, and he didn't know what to do about it.

That's when Magnus noticed it - the ring on Alec's finger. He should've caught it before, outside when he helped him up, reaching out for his hand, but he hadn't. Now that he did it was all he could look at.

"What's-" Magnus started, but couldn't bring himself to finish. All he could think of was Alec going back to Lydia, or some other marriage of convenience. Even if he managed to get engaged to a man after coming out, surely it wouldn't be to a Downworlder. Even in his most hopeful imaginings of a future with Alexander back home, it'd never ended in a proper marriage.

Magnus wasn't sure he wanted the answer, but he knew he needed it.

Reactions: Alec Lightwood

Alec Lightwood

“No - no,” Alec said, immediately, almost a little too quickly. There was no way he was going to leave, not unless Magnus wanted him to. He couldn’t imagine being anywhere but where Magnus was at the moment, and for the foreseeable future. He hoped that Magnus would be okay with that.

“I’m - I’m good,” he said and he was, because he was standing right here with Magnus. Okay, yeah, maybe he was hungry and a little parched but those were easily ignorable things, and half of him was convinced that if he ducked away to change his clothes he’d come back out and Magnus would be gone.

Or the house would be on fire again.

His brow furrowed for a moment, confused about the aborted question, but then he realized where Magnus’ gaze had landed and lifted his hand, thumb absently trailing over the cool metal. “It’s uh…” he started, swallowing hard. One of the last things Magnus had done before he’d gone through that portal had been putting that ring on his finger. His gaze slipped toward Magnus’ hand but of course - of course it was empty, and the tiny kernel of disappointment in his gut was totally unwarranted.

“We - This is weird,” he said, shaking his head. “You had a life with me here, right? But I don’t remember any of it.” He frowned. “And I had a life back home with you and you….you don’t remember any of it,” he said, though there’s a thread of questioning through it, like maybe he’s almost hopeful that somehow Magnus will know some of it.

But if he’s asking about the ring, obviously he doesn’t.

“You had one too,” he said, softly, holding up the hand with the ring on it.​

Last edited:

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Alright," Magnus agreed, a small smile on his face for the first time since he left the party. Alec wanted to stay. That was good. That was really good, assuming he wasn't just saying it to be nice, but Magnus supposed he'd deal with that aspect when it came down to the actual moment of turning in for the night. He imagined that wouldn't be for quite some time yet, despite the late hour.

Magnus was a little disappointed Alec turned down his offer for a drink, if only because he wanted the excuse to pour one for himself in the process, but only nodded. It wasn't like he could focus on things like drinks and snacks when there was the looming question of Alec's engagement ring hanging between them now anyway.

Alec looked down at Magnus' own hand and seemed -- disappointed, almost, to find nothing there. Magnus found himself thinking to the ring he had stored away in the bedside table, and the matching one he'd discovered a little over a week ago... rings Alec knew nothing about.

Magnus was about to say something about it when Alec added that Magnus had one, too. Whenever Alec was from, they were engaged.

Magnus beamed. He couldn't help it. Despite everything else, the idea that they persevered through so much more than Magnus could probably imagine reaching a point where they were engaged...

"You have no idea how happy that makes me," Magnus said finally. "We aren't here, obviously," he added, looking down at the distinct lack of a ring on that finger. "But I planned to before you-" Magnus started, but stopped abruptly again. "Ask you, that is. I wonder if you would've said yes." Magnus found himself saying all of this partly because of how tipsy he still was, but partly because he's hit with the very sudden realization that it's almost as if the last two years didn't matter. They did, of course, to him. But not to the person standing in front of him. It was like talking about an entirely different person.

Alec had said how weird this was, and Magnus couldn't agree more. Weird didn't even begin to cover it.

Alec Lightwood

He couldn’t help but smile in return as Magnus beamed - he loved seeing him smile - thought he didn’t do it nearly enough. No matter what this world threw at them, or what was coming, or everything they had to figure out, it was fine. Magnus was smiling, and he was happy, and he was, most importantly, here.

“I would have,” Alec said, immediately, stepping forward to catch Magnus’ hands in his, the smile on his face a little sappy. “I know I would have,” he said, smile softening as he looked at Magnus - he was so relieved to see him, and even though he was in some strange place and far from home, everything was okay, because Magnus was here.

“I love you, Magnus,” he said, heartfelt, fingers curling in Magnus’s, eyes almost shining as he looked at him. “In every world, wherever we are, I love you, and nothing will ever change that,” he said, words a little thick. He remembered telling Magnus once that they always seemed to find a way back to each other and it was true - even if at the time he’d merely been talking about overcoming their differences.

There were things they had to figure out - a history here in Pandora that Alec had no idea about, but the idea that they’d been on the verge of engaged here was reassuring. Part of him had been worried he’d have found Magnus and he’d have been with someone else, because Alec wasn’t here.

But he had been, apparently - and no, Alec was never going to be able to quite wrap his head around that.

It was okay, it didn’t matter. He had Magnus.​

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Alec seemed to sure that he would've said yes, and Magnus hoped that was true. The idea that no matter where they were or what their circumstances, they keep ending up in the same place, together, committed - it was reassuring. And the fact that Alexander could stand here, in front of a version of Magnus he barely knew, and openly profess his love for him... it was almost too much for Magnus to handle just then.

"I love you too, Alexander." Magnus had his reservations, how could he not in a situation like this, but he allowed the words to slip out anyway. Because Alec was right - he did love him. And though some of his history may have changed, this was still fundamentally Alec, and Magnus couldn't deny that he was gone for the Shadowhunter from the moment they first met. They fell in love in Pandora, and they fell in love back home, and Magnus would be damned if he wouldn't give them that blind faith here to make it work all over again.

"We'll figure this out." It was as much a promise to Alec as it was to himself. They stood close, with Magnus' fingers laced in Alec's, close enough to- "Would it be too much if I said I wanted to kiss you right now?" Magnus knew he should focus on other things, like telling Alec about the life they had here before, or figuring out how far in their future he was from, or any number of far more important things they should be discussing.

But all he wanted to do after resigning himself to the idea that he may never get to again was kiss his boyfriend and hold him in his arms. Magnus' entire body practically ached to be closer, just for a moment, to have what he thought was lost forever.

Alec Lightwood

It was disconcerting, knowing that the Magnus in front of him was not the one who’d gone to Edom, and had a life with an Alec that wasn’t him. Well. It was still him but not….him. Thousands of memories that he wouldn't have - though he guessed the same could be said in reverse. But the fact that Magnus said he loved him too? It was a relief.

It meant that whatever happened, it would be okay. As long as they loved each other, they could figure anything out. He was sure it would take him a while to get used to being in a place that wasn’t New York - and honestly, that thought was daunting. He’d never been away from his Institute - and the idea that he wouldn’t be the head of it anymore, wouldn’t have that job - well it did leave him with an aching sense of loss. It’d been all he’d dreamed of, since he was a kid.

But that didn’t matter.

He’d give up being Head of the Institute a thousand times over if it meant being with Magnus.

“No ...definitely not too much,” Alec said with a soft grin, leaning in to capture Magnus’ mouth, all but melting into the kiss. This wasn’t the Magnus he’d left behind when he’d been pulled in, but it was still Magnus, and kissing him felt like coming home. One of his hands disentangled from Magnus’ so it could come up and cup Magnus’ jawline, everything around them seeming to blend into the background.​

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
For just a minute Magnus allowed himself to forget everything else going on around them. It didn't matter where he, or Alec, were from. They were here, together, now, and that was more than Magnus thought he was going to get again. It wasn't ideal, far from it, but it was better than so many alternatives.

So when Alec leaned in to kiss him Magnus mirrored the movement, their lips meeting in an action that, in spite of everything Magnus knew to be true, felt familiar and comforting. A one of Alec's hands came up to touch the side of his face Magnus brought his own hand to wrap around Alec's waist to rest on the small of his back, pulling him closer. Whatever else was going wrong in his life, this felt right.

When they parted Magnus was smiling again.

"I'm sorry about earlier. That wasn't exactly the welcome I imagined for you," Magnus said. Now that he had Alec back he wanted to make sure nothing he did would scare him off - which included the near breakdown he had outside over the very sight of him. "It's been a rough month and a half." Though Magnus didn't explicitly state that was how long Alec had been gone from Pandora (and subsequently how long it'd been since he got a full night's sleep) it was pretty heavily implied. He'd tell Alec anything he wanted to know if he asked, but a larger, more selfish part of him just wanted to enjoy being together again and save the rest for tomorrow.

Alec Lightwood

Alec shook his head. “Don’t apologize,” he said, softly. Magnus had nothing to be sorry for - Alec loved him just as much when he was a mess as when he wasn’t - all he wanted was for Magnus to be okay. For Magnus to be happy. He gave the hand still held in his a squeeze, his other hand still cupping his face, thumb gently stroking his cheek.

He leaned in for another kiss, soft and fleeting, bumping their foreheads gently together before pulling back so he could look at him. “Those drinks that you mentioned…” he said, the corner of his mouth quirking upward. “Still offering?” he asked. Now that things had semi-settled, all the background noise was starting to come back in. Namely, he was thirsty, and starving, and kind of just wanted to spend the entire rest of the night curled around Magnus, drinking cocktails and having a light dinner.

Just pretend like things were normal and not extremely weird.

There’d be plenty of time to go over things later.​

Magnus Bane

Species
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Magnus wanted to apologize for a lot of things, but instead, he only sighed at Alec's words. He had plenty to be sorry for - how long had Alec been back that Magnus hadn't known, because he stopped looking? Alec had to come searching for him - what if he never had? What if he ended up in some faraway corner of Pandora and Magnus never went looking again and Alec didn't know to look for him here? Magnus wasn't sure he could ever forgive himself that.

But he reminded himself at the sound of Alec's voice and the squeeze of his hand, embracing the second kiss Alec leaned in for and the touch of their foreheads, that they were together, and that was what mattered. It was enough, at least for now.

Magnus was relieved when Alec asked about the drinks again. Not that Magnus wanted to push off the very serious conversation they needed to have (or conversations, plural, as there was a lot of ground to cover on both of their parts he imagined) but the idea of just taking the night, or at least the next hour or two, just to enjoy each other's company was a much more welcome prospect.

"I am always offering drinks," Magnus pointed out with a wink, making his way over to the drink cart situated in the corner of the room and mixing cocktails for both of them, turning away from the cart with a glass in each hand before holding one out to Alec.

"And I've already had far too much to drink on an empty stomach... I don't suppose if I conjured up some late-night snacks you'd care to partake?" If Alec had been lying about being thirsty then he was probably hungry, too. Some things never changed, and Magnus was willing to bet anything that no matter where this Alec was from that was still a trait he clung stubbornly to.

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Latebricole
Top Bottom