Private simply waste the day away

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.
Description
Kakashi finally wanders home after a month RIP
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Bookshop owner / ARMOUR Agent / Assassin
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Married :)

JULY 18, Y110
The last ten miles of his walk home were as Kakashi had come to expect after a long mission over the course of his career. He allowed himself to think about going home at last - thoughts Kakashi usually kept at arm's length for the duration of a mission, to keep himself focused. He felt himself smiling now and then, excitedly alternating between strolling and running, feeling a thrill of happiness each time he found a familiar landmark that screamed home.

He stretched explosively as he walked, hooking his arms behind his head while he stared up at the canopy of leaves above his head, catching glimpses of the brilliantly blue sky. Kakashi grinned again, biting his lip behind his mask with anticipation. He could have sent Qrow a heads-up, but he preferred the idea of just showing up. If he was lucky, the huntsman would be home, but if not... that was fine as well. Kakashi was just happy to finally be heading back. He felt road weariness finally sinking into his bones after... however many weeks he'd been away. Kakashi had stopped keeping track around the same time he'd chosen to stop chatting with Qrow, finding that it only made his work sloppy and his mind distracted.

At his side, a great, lumbering dog padded with a quiet, peaceful energy that Kakashi enjoyed. Every now and then, it looked up at him and leaned against his side, and he couldn't help but compare it to Bull, with the way its head easily reached halfway up to his chest. He ran his fingers through the dog's thick mane now and then, and passed the time by chatting at her about Qrow and what she could expect from her new home... which only served to get him even more excited to just get there already.

The sun was high in the sky when Kakashi finally broke through the last layer of trees and saw the cottage at last. Determined not to look as intensely homesick as he felt, he slowed his pace and meandered very slowly across the last field, shading his eye now and then to scan for any sign of Qrow. The massive dog woofed softly and jogged past him, forcing Kakashi to pick up his pace to keep up with her as she made a beeline past the cottage and straight into the lake, drinking and paddling in the shallows all at the same time.

Kakashi hooked his hands behind his head again and heaved a luxuriant sigh of pleasure, eye shut as he leaned back on his heels and actually enjoyed the sunshine for the first time in weeks.

@Qrow Branwen

• Love
Reactions: Qrow Branwen
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Qrow was used to flying solo, in every sense of the phrase. Company was nice - and sometimes preferred - but he didn't stop functioning when it was gone. Yeah, of course he fucking missed Kakashi. But also he got it. Missions sometimes would drag his ass away for awhile. And with how Kakashi's mood hadn't exactly been doing great when he left, Qrow just kinda hoped it helped clear his head some. At least that's how his shit worked. Getting away from everyone and everything sometimes felt like a damn reset button.

Since getting his normal powers back, his own mood had picked up some. Plus Ruby showed up again not that long later. Ryuji was finally taking some damn self-defense lessons from him. Oz was seen at least once a week, just to get some lunch. No work bullshit. Considering everything in June, Qrow was pretty damn proud how the month of July was going so far. Even managed to almost catch up at the Qrowbar after a fucking month of being useless. Required a bit of extra work, but with Kakashi gone, it was almost too easy to zone out and just keep working.

But he was taking this particular Sunday for himself. Ryuji and Pyrrha had caught on he was clocking extra hours, and were both getting on his ass about it. So...fuck it. He'd take a day.

He actually let himself sleep in for once, which was apparently really fucking needed. Spent the late morning sort of straightening up the house. He hadn't really l let it get too fucked up without Kakashi around - just a few odds and ends that needed to be put away. Mostly from taking some random projects home.

Qrow was in the living room brushing Dog when he heard the splash. His eyes narrowed towards the lake - causing him to push himself to his feet and actually see if he needed to go kill someone or something. There was a fucking massive dog having a great time...and Kakashi standing at the lakeside.

A quiet laugh slipped through Qrow's lips, before he slipped outside and shifted into a bird. Gliding to Kakashi's side, he smoothly became human again with his hands tucked away in his pockets - already shooting Kakashi a smirk and a side-glance.

"Holy shit, you ain't dead," he smiled, before looping an arm around Kakashi's shoulders, "Missed ya," his voice soft - not putting too much tension in his arm just in case Kakashi was still coming down from his mission and touching wasn't the greatest choice at the moment, "Anyway, what the fuck is that?" he motioned with his free hand at the giant dog (?) splashing around in the lake.

• Love
Reactions: Kakashi Hatake
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

Kakashi didn't pull away from Qrow, but he didn't reciprocate the show of affection either. He merely... allowed it to happen, eye half-lidded and content as he appreciated the feeling of being home after a long time. He breathed in deeply, contemplating removing his mask, but...

No...

Not yet.

He flashed Qrow a smile anyway, knowing that he knew him well enough to read it behind the mask. "Same to you." Kakashi agreed calmly, leaning just slightly against Qrow's side. "It's a dog." He said blandly, gesturing at the beast that was still wading, though she had paused briefly to regard Qrow with extreme suspicion, clearly feeling a certain way about Kakashi's space being encroached upon.

He slipped his hands into his pockets and slouched comfortably, resting most of his weight on his right foot. "On my way home I cut across a few fields and I found her. The farmer wasn't exactly pleased with how she defended his sheep, so he said I could take her with me. The alternative was..." He made a brisk slicing motion across his neck and raised his brow. "So, I guess I felt bad. She's not a bad dog."

Kakashi snapped his fingers at her and the dog lumbered out of the water, rubbing against him eagerly and shooting Qrow another suspicious glare before presenting him definitively with her tail in order to better cuddle against Kakashi's chest. "I've been calling her Tamotsu." He said. "He didn't tell me a name, so I had to make one up."

He wrapped his arms around her and playfully hauled her back and forth while she rumbled a menacing play-growl. "We can find a place for her to live if you don't want her."

• Excited
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Holy fuck, it was a dog. Qrow lowered his arm from around Kakashi's shoulders - shoving one into his pocket, as the other pushed hair out of his face. That was one big fucking dog. Qrow winced at the idea of a dog being killed because she wasn't doing her job. Like...he got it, but he didn't like it.

With a snap of his fingers, the dog was coming towards them. Qrow's perception of the damn size of the thing kept changing as the motherfucker got closer and closer.

"Not a bad dog, just wants a different job," his tone on the softer side of things for Qrow, as she rubbed herself against Kakashi - already apparently a fan of him. Then just kinda...stood up on her back paws, and put them on Kakashi's shoulders. A growl he initially thought was a threat, came from Tamotsu - but...neither one of them seemed even slightly bothered.

"Are you kidding? That's the coolest fucking dog I've ever seen," he admitted, "Just glad you came across her when ya did," he scratched his neck, studying Tamotsu - silently excited for the fact that they apparently now had a real, almost normal, dog.

Every time he almost sought one out, some other random-fucking-animal would fall into his lap.

"Can...I pet her?" Qrow felt sorta like a little kid asking permission to pet someone's dog, but the fact was simple: Kakashi knew dogs really fucking well. Didn't exactly take a genius to figure out he was getting the side-eye from Tamotsu, and just...wanted to do this shit right. First few minutes of getting his husband back, he didn't wanna ruin by getting his arm literally removed by a giant dog.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

Kakashi continued to sway with the dog resting on his shoulders, feeling the strain along the center of his back as he balanced her weight. She continued to growl good naturedly, occasionally setting her teeth gently on his upper arms as he wrestled her back and forth.

He tossed her onto the ground and braced himself when she immediately leapt at him again, fending off her mouth as she nipped at his face. "I'm glad you like her, because I don't know if she would be able to live in most homes. She needs too much space." Kakashi admitted, tossing Tamotsu down again and catching the back of her shoulders with one hand to keep her firmly on the ground. "She's never been in a house before, so she might just stay outside. It's up to her, I guess." He didn't care either way.

Kakashi regarded Qrow for a moment when he asked about petting the dog, then looked down at Tamotsu while she chewed on his forearm, tail wagging ferociously. "Give her a few minutes, Qrow. I'd rather you introduced yourself when she's calm." The last thing he needed was the dog getting overwhelmed and excited and really latching onto Qrow's arm or something.

He slouched a bit, pulling his arm out of the dog's mouth and making a point to ignore her continued attempts to play until she lost interest and moseyed off to the side, though she continued to cast sullen glances at Qrow as she did. Kakashi stuck his hands back in his pockets and regarded Qrow for a few long seconds. "I guess I probably owe you an apology for dropping off the face of the planet for a month... and for my attitude before I dropped off the face of the planet." He said after a long pause.

"Do me a favor and try not to dismiss my apology, Qrow. There's no way of looking at it that makes what I did right. It was pretty garbage of me, actually."

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
It was pretty fucking hypnotic to watch Kakashi play with this giant fucking dog. Qrow knew better than to shove his hands anywhere near it; both tucked away in his pockets as the two of them play-wrestled.

"We got room either way," he shrugged - already thinking about some sort of dog-house situation near the house. If she didn't like being in a house, that was fine - but she needed somewhere to go when the weather got shit. Maybe...something with a heater? Or would that make it too homey and she'd want more of an overhang situation? Fuck if Qrow knew anything about this shit. Kakashi would know what she wanted, though. He was good with this shit.

"Got it," Qrow made no movements from where he stood - just continuing to watch the two of them bond or whatever the fuck was going on over there. He couldn't help but just...smile. Kakashi was back, there was a fucking giant dog. It was just a damn good day.

Kakashi stopped playing with her - giving his full attention to Qrow. He stayed silent through the guy's apology - an appreciative pinch to his brow, as his features warmed with a soft smile.

"Apology accepted," he nodded once - knowing better than to be dismissive of something like this, "I'm...honestly just glad you're back, Kakashi. Bribing me with a giant dog is helping, too," he shifted to fully face him - a smirk on his lips, "Welcome home, asshole. Feeling better?"

• I'm Fine
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

The question about feeling better was a complicated one for Kakashi, and that reflected in his expression, mainly because the reason he had been feeling like shit was multifaceted, and not all those facets had been resolved. He was happy enough to have the Sharingan back, and he felt more relaxed, having been able to get out of the house and flex a little... but Kakashi was still wrestling a sense of guilt with every passing day he wasn't home (Home-home), no matter how much he rationalized to himself that he couldn't change anything, even if he wanted to.

Partially, the guilt was because he didn't want to change anything, deep down. He wanted to stay here with Qrow, despite his obligation to the village, and it was just...

It was a mess, and it wasn't getting any easier to get his head around it.

"I'm feeling better." Kakashi said at last, smiling brightly. "It was good to stretch my legs... but what did I miss? It feels like I've been gone a long time." He bopped a bit closer, and forced himself to lean up on Qrow's side, even though Kakashi kind of still wanted to be handled with a nine-foot pole.

More than that, he wanted everything to get back to normal, and if he had to force it, he would.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Qrow mirrored back the smile, despite it still being hidden under the guy's mask. He wasn't an idiot, and knew things wouldn't just magically be 'good' for Kakashi. Hopefully it was just...better. He seemed better than he was at least, and Qrow trusted him enough to not question it. Instead, he just made a faint pleased sound when Kakashi leaned up against him. His fingers naturally fell into the guy's hair - drawing familiar patterns.

Fuck, he missed him.

"Let's see...what did ya miss," he continued to run his fingers through Kakashi's hair - idly watching the dog wander around, "Ruby's back, which is nice. Seems to remember everything too, so no awkward conversations there. Finally convinced Ryuji to let me teach him how to fight. Only took...what? Almost a year? Fucking shit. Almost caught up with shit at the Qrow-Bar, somehow. Jimbo hasn't sought me out to pick a fight or anything. Oh, learned I vaguely know the people that live at our old place in Pandopolis. Small world. Uh...think that's about it on my end of things," his eyes narrowed in thought, before he shrugged.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
There was a kneejerk response in Kakashi to jump a bit when Qrow's fingers sank into his hair, but within the span of a second he fell forward slightly with his eyes tapered half-shut and placid. It was one of those things that slipped Kakashi's mind while he was on a mission - one of those things that he simply refused to allow himself to think about, because it was an unnecessary distraction.

Turth-be-told, Kakashi had spent over a month making a conscious effort not to think about Qrow at all to save himself a bit of pain.

He pressed a little closer to him, eagerly chasing the relentless, good feelings that stemmed from Qrow's hand in his hair but extended to Qrow's very existence. He listened to him rattle off all the happenings of the last month with barely enough focus to keep track of the words being spoken. Ruby, Ryuji, Ironwood....

Same-old, same-old.

"I have nothing worth reporting." Not unless Qrow wanted some gory details about his mission - it was a freelance job, so Kakashi was at his own leisure to discuss it. He assumed Qrow probably wouldn't want to hear about it. "A few new scars, a new dog..." He shrugged. "It felt good to get out." Kakashi admitted to Qrow's chest, feeling oddly and, momentarily but overwhelmingly, like a failure.

He shouldn't have needed to get the hell out for a month to feel more like himself. He should have been able to feel that in the comfort of his own home...

Right?

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Qrow really was fine on his own. He knew that, and had lived years of that. But...fuck if he didn't feel a thousand fucking times better, when Kakashi relaxed into his touch. He believed Kakashi when he said he was good, but to show it was something else entirely. Qrow had said he was better or fine before, and meant it. But knew he wasn't fully there. Just progress. But Kakashi turning into a damn putty under his fingers, just...made everything right in the world, as fucking nauseatingly cheesy as that sounded.

"Giant and cool new dog," he corrected, watching her sniff around the area - still feeling...pretty damn fucking excited about having a real dog. Kakashi's magic motherfuckers were great, and he enjoyed them probably more than he should have. But he really just...wanted a real fucking dog. Dog was a mistake of nature that he was plagued and haunted with. Still, she was a good cat, probably. Soup was an asshole, but also a tortoise - so that was excusable. Yogurt was now in the hands of someone else, because she bailed throughout the whole...quick move shit. Otherwise, he honestly would have brought her. She had had the habit of wandering off for sometimes weeks at a time.

Holy shit Kakashi was a fucking opossum.

Qrow clenched his jaw and cleared his throat to hide the laugh - not wanting to explain that comparison out loud.

"I getcha," he admitted, "That bullshit cross-Pandora trip to figure out the whole Grimm situation was...nice honestly. But also nice to come back. Something-something liking one doesn't take away from the other? Eh, I don't fucking know," he laughed to himself, and kissed the top of Kakashi's head, "Oh, and Dog is way more chatty now. I think I talked to her too much. Just a warning."

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

On cue, the massive dog seemed to realize that there were still people around, and she lumbered back towards them. She seemed to survey Qrow in deep thought for a few seconds before creeping forward the last few feet and inserting herself between them, hip checking Kakashi out of her way to free space to sidle up against Qrow with a wide, open-mouthed canine grin. Her tongue flopped stupidly to the side.

"Well... there you go. She made a decision." Tamotsu wagged her tail and woofed - a sound that was damn near bone-penetrating in its deepness. Kakashi watched with his hands in his pockets and considered what Qrow had said with his usual profound focus. "You're right." He agreed eventually, canting his head. "I don't know why I needed someone else to tell me that." Kakashi gave a breathless laugh and turned on his heel, yanking his shirt over his head and tossing it aside with his pack before walking out onto the lake.

"Dog is always talkative. Maybe just not with you." He pointed out, slowly reducing the chakra output in his feet to allow himself to slowly sink into the water, giving a blissful sigh as it lapped against his body.

He kicked his legs and fumbled off his sandals, throwing them ashore.

"I've been waiting for this for weeks!" Kakashi admitted gleefully.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Tamotsu fucking shoved Kakashi out of the way, and made a sound that Qrow more felt than heard.

Fuck he loved this dog already.

He mirrored the dog's grin, honestly fucking thrilled she had decided to like him without him having to do shit. Qrow was honestly prepared to do whatever the fuck was needed, to win her favor. Instead, he was already petting Tamotsu, with an almost child-like enthusiasm.

Because...she was a really fucking cool dog.

He cast a glance at Kakashi, offering him a slight nod. Cuz...fuck he got it. The most basic and obvious shit, sometimes just didn't hit home unless someone else said it. No, it made no fucking sense. But sometimes brains were just pieces of shit.

Qrow watched as Kakashi stripped and walked out onto the lake - making no fucking effort to hide the interest in his gaze. His hot ninja husband was shirtless, he was gonna fucking enjoy it.

"Right, Dog actually likes you, and bites me," he laughed under his breath, as he continued to pet the massive fucking dog he was already in love with.

Kakashi sank into the lake, managing to make it look like literally the best feeling thing in the damn world.

"Well, now I gotta join ya," he smirked - brushing some of the dog fur off of himself, before shedding his own shirt. Channeling a bit of chakra into his feet, he used it to gain a running start to crash into the water right beside Kakashi.

Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

It felt good to relax, even if he wasn't quite ready to pull down his mask.

Kakashi left Qrow to fawn over Tamotsu as he flipped onto his back and floated on the lake, staring up at the blue sky with his arms outstretched comfortably on either side. He only partially listened to whatever Qrow was saying, eyes gradually growing half-lidded and content as he continued to drift.

He did, of course, look up just in time to realize what was about to happen as Qrow fucking sprinted at him. Kakashi rolled halfway over in the water, rapidly propelling himself away from Qrow, sinking down until only his eyes - notably narrowed and annoyed - were visible. "Cute." Kakashi muttered, puffing the word out through his soaked mask. Luckily, the material was thin enough to pose little problem, even when it was waterlogged... but it was still annoying.

He decided to play keep-away for the time being, swimming backwards until there was a good six feet between himself and Qrow. "So... Ruby's back already." Kakashi diverted the brewing potential for a splash-fight (which he did not want) by poking an obvious talking point instead. "You don't really sound as excited as I thought you'd be."

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Qrow smiled as Kakashi looked pissed, but knew better than to get too up in the guy's shit after a mission. So he let him float away without following. Qrow just floating where he splashed down - eyes growing half-lidded at the coolness of the lake. Felt fucking nice during the summer.

For a moment he just kinda...relaxed. Eyes on the trees that lined the shore - feeling a sense of normalcy that the world had lacked since Kakashi left. Felt fucking stupid to even think - but here he was thinking it anyway. Apparently he was really damn attached to that masked ninja he married, or something.

"I am happy. Just the kid's been in and out so many fucking times, I'm kinda numb to it honestly. She was gone for...what? A month this time? Kid bounces in and out of Pandora more than anyone," he let himself sink just low enough to blow some bubbles before forcing himself back to the surface, "Oh...and Winter showed up at the shop. Not to kill me or anything. Literally wanted dating advice. Fucking weird," he laughed to himself, because it was weird.

Never really thought of himself as good at this shit.
But...maybe he really had figured out this shit in Pandora.
Or something.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

Kakashi had never even met Ruby, so he refrained from trying to assume anything about how Qrow was feeling. He supposed he could pretend that the way he had felt after Naruto's disappearance was similar, but Kakashi already knew that was bullshit. He cared about Naruto plenty... but Kakashi hadn't seen him as a child in years. Even when his team had been a squabbling bunch of twelve-year-olds, Kakashi had seen them as very young peers.

They'd been more like professional subordinates than kids.

And nowadays, Kakashi would be quicker to consider them friends than anything else.

Shinobi didn't live long enough for age to mean shit.

So Kakashi didn't interrupt Qrow, and he also didn't pretend to understand how the huntsman was feeling. He merely floated on his back, then lifted his head with a surprised look when the topic shifted. "Winter? Really?" Kakashi had stayed out of that mess as well, but he knew that Weiss's sister and Qrow didn't really see eye-to-eye.

"Why would she come to you...?" Kakashi blurted, then realized the insulting way that could be taken and waved one of his hands vaguely at Qrow. "No offense." He added airily.

"Doesn't Winter dislike you?" He asked bluntly.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Qrow barked a laugh at Kakashi's reaction to Winter - coaxing himself to float a bit more easily on his back. Honestly he wasn't even slightly pissed at the comment. Coming to him about shit was fucking confusing. Back home, especially, he had a fucked reputation for pretty much...everything. He was good with a blade, and a damn good teacher. Everything else? Shit.

"Nah you're right. Asking me of all fuckin' people is..." he laughed again, because it really was fucking funny.

"Eh...I wouldn't say dislike, if we take Ironwood out of the equation. More like...I don't know. I'd laugh if she was hit by a bus, but then would help after a few seconds," he wasn't great at explaining emotional connections to people.

Whatever, point was that they didn't hate each other but didn't enjoy each other either.
It was like a slightly better version of his relationship with his twin.

"Turns out she has a girlfriend, or something. Wanted my advice on some shit. Fucking wild. Apparently her opinion on me and my life has fucking changed here. I know for a fucking fact she'd never ask me that shit back home," he shook his head, knowing she'd probably make some comment about him basically being a whore.

Which was fair.
He kinda was.

"Anyway, weird month but got a lot done at least. Glad you're home, though," he glanced in Kakashi's direction, before back up at the sky.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

For a second, Kakashi was going to point out that... that sounded a lot like hatred, but then he paused and gave it some more thought. Comparatively, he had a similar friendship with Gai. Kakashi had done the equivalent of cackling when Gai got hit by the shinobi version of a bus, and, similarly, he'd trotted over to help after a few seconds of Schadenfreude-esque pleasure.

"I was going to say that sounded pretty bad, but I actually get it." Kakashi admitted in a mildly amused tone, drifting along a nearly nonexistent current that circled the lake. He studied the sky and wrinkled his nose beneath his mask just to scratch an itch without moving his hands.

He heaved a soft sigh, straining his neck slightly to look at Qrow. "Maa, unlike in your world, in this world you're married and you own a house. I think that gives the impression that you've got something figured out." Kakashi scoffed in good humor. "Joke's on her."

He reached out with his hands, brushing them against Qrow's forearm for a second before he floated out of range. Kakashi could have paddled back, but he was feeling supremely lazy, and therefore he just let himself drift. "It's been a long month. I'm out of shape." He joked.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Somehow it wasn't surprising that Kakashi got his weird not-friendship with Winter. Seemed like the type of relationship he was prone to having too. Borderline mean, enjoyed each other's misery, but would help in a pinch. Honestly, Qrow's respect for Winter shot the fuck up the second she went against Ironwood back home. Just...wasn't something Pandora's Winter knew about. He was trying to distance himself from all that shit, so he was making a point to stop talking about it, unless forced out of him.

Like when a certain someone came into his shop demanding answers.

"You almost make it sound like I have my life together," he smiled, as Kakashi floated closer and brushed his fingers against Qrow's arm. It was tempting to stop him from floating away, but instead he just casually reached out to highfive the closest hand before he was out of range.

Not even a full force one. Just more of a gentle pat.

"Giving up being a ninja, now you're just a piece of drift wood," Qrow watching him float away, before swimming slightly in his direction. Not close enough to grab, but just wanting to stay in his general vicinity, "Hot drift wood, though."

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'9"
Occupation
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status

"Almost." Kakashi drawled as he floated, eventually letting his eye shut as he finally began to really unwind from a month of tension. He felt his muscles ache as they slowly relaxed, and the water suddenly felt a lot better than it had a few seconds ago.

Outwardly, nothing really changed in his demeanor, but in his head - Qrow could probably sense it through the weird magic marriage thing - it was like a knotted muscle had spontaneously loosened.

He smiled when Qrow slapped his hand, and Kakashi curled his fingers into a loose fist, as if grabbing the air left behind by Qrow's palm. "We'll see if you keep saying that when I eventually retire and let myself go." Kakashi teased, flipping upright in the water and kicking his legs to stay afloat, facing Qrow directly, mask still in place. "Then again, driftwood sounds like a nice side job. It marries two of my favorite things: Floating around, and being useless." He laughed shortly and swam a little closer to Qrow.

"A month was a pretty long time, wasn't it...?" Kakashi murmured, putting the ball in Qrow's court with a single, significant look. Whether he kept pulling the month-long missions or not depended solely on the input of the only person in Pandora whose opinion really mattered to Kakashi.

• Love
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Weapon Smith
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Fuckin Married
Qrow felt something like a knot coming loose, in his gut. He glanced over at Kakashi, realizing it wasn't his own shit he was feeling. Good. The guy was starting to relax. A smirk pulled at his lips, as he shook his head at the asshole's drift-wood fantasies.

"That does sound pretty damn ideal," he admitted - watching as Kakashi slowly got closer to him. Not close, just closer. Still, it was progress.

Qrow caught the look with the words, knowing it wasn't a light question. He didn't answer immediately, actually giving it some real and genuine thought. It wasn't like he was sitting around sulking that Kakashi was gone, but he did miss him.

"If it's a constant thing, yeah...I'd say it was long. But if you just need to disappear for a month every once in awhile, I ain't gonna stop ya. Just try not to do them back-to-back, otherwise I might start to take shit personally," he smiled, with a slight shrug, "I was fine, but I did miss ya. I know you need to wind-down from missions, otherwise I'd be up in your shit right now."

• Love

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

My internet is being hopelessly slow for reasons I can't figure out, don't worry too much if I disappear off and on.
I will finish this post. I will finish this post, even if I have to burn down all of Paris!
*shrieks in weretiger*
-peeks in- hello world :3
Hi friends :encatnod: I want to apologise for my absentness of late; work is crazy right now and I'm just feeling like poop. :notlikeblob: :thisisfine:
Thank you to everyone I'm plotting for being so patient with me and everyone in general for just being so lovely, you guys are the best :enstars4: :blobheart:
A lot of people here really should work on their moonlight tans..

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cruella de Vil
Top Bottom