By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private so...

Claude von Riegan

Fire Emblem
Race
you can't just ask that
Occupation
Hand to the King
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
w/ Leonie P. [Engaged]
link
Directory
link

February 14

Every region in every land in every world seemed to have some variation of the holiday. A special day out of the year to celebrate love. Some saw it as a quiet day; one of simple gestures and appreciation. Others seemed to make it more about gifts and large gestures. Claude typically didn't think much of the holidays. Normally just meant a few of his friends would be out of contact for a day or two, and he'd probably end up working on a poison or maybe some new scheme. A few times he ended up with other hopelessly single people and that...eh. Not really his thing. It either got really horny or really depressing, and neither sounded like a particularly great way to spend a day that should have been romantic.

But this was the first time that he actually had someone - something - to celebrate. It was...strange. A tiny bit overwhelming if he was honest. He wanted to do everything, but also didn't want to ruin the day for Leonie. Over the top anything - while fun - wasn't necessarily her favorite thing in the world. She preferred more...what was the word for it? Meaningful yet simple gestures. So he spent the past...month-ish thinking this through.

He had a plan - a scheme - going for...since December. Scared away from it thanks to a conversation with a friend but, honestly? It wasn't someone else's decision on what felt right. On what felt natural. Nobody else could really know but them.

The day was spent going around with Barbie as their transportation. The kidlette safely in the hands of a trusted friend. Started with going to Cascade Bay with a nice breakfast with a nice view over the water. That was followed by a very specifically planned hike around pretty areas of the bay and a few other parts of the Vales. Lunch picked up at the castle back in the Abyss - a nice little candle-lit deal in a room specifically decorated for the occasion.

Which led to more adventure for the next few hours - this time around the Abyss instead of the Bay.

All of which led them to the grand finale.

The thing he had actually been planning for...what felt like ever now.

A picnic on the edge of the Abyss. Stars stretching overhead, with Barbie snoozing behind them. She had a looong day of flying around - it made sense. Dinner was mostly done, the day perfect.

Everything was perfect.

A weight sat in his pocket in a small box. One that he had owned since...December, honestly. May or may not have kept it on his person just in case the moment felt right at literally any given moment.

He was prepared.

But, finally, it really did feel right. With the stars overhead, and food in their stomachs. Leonie was standing - looking at something. Claude still sitting on the ground - just...watching her. She was beautiful in the starlight. Beautiful always of course. Just...in the moment, he was genuinely speechless.

A crush that had been going since practically they had met. Hilda never quite ever easing up on it. He was someone who was only alive, because of his secrets. They were everything to him. Yet meeting someone so open, changed that. He wanted to talk to her. Wanted this scheme to turn out just how he wanted, so he could comfortably just...ramble on about everything.

Claude pulled the small box out of his pocket and looked at it for a moment, before over at Leonie. She had practically already said yes when he admitted feelings. But...he was nervous. Like really nervous.

Taking a deep breath, he wandered over and bumped his shoulder against hers.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" his voice far away, eyes on the stars for a moment, before returning to her.

"You…" he laughed, finding himself for the first time in forever, unable to form a coherent sentence, "Are everything."

Taking a deep breath, he winked at her and gracefully dropped to one knee - pulling out the closed ring box, but kept it closed.

"Yeah I know. Big surprise, right? But in all seriousness, Leonie," he looked up at her and just...smiled, "You...are easily the most incredible person I have ever met. You're beautiful, clever, strong, and so...so very open at all times. I always know how you're feeling, and you're thinking. And that's just so...brave. You made me want to trust, Leonie. You made me want to push forward with my dream, because I wanted to be able to talk to you without fear of...well, anything. And...I risked so much just rambling on to you about things that could potentially get me kicked out of my seat or even killed. Because I just...I had to. I had to get to know this incredible person better. I wanted to try being as open as you. Or just...in the right direction. You make life in Pandora an actual life. Like...it would be very easy to be wildly depressed at all times here. But we built a life together. We have a house! Basically a daughter! We take turns cooking dinner. We snuggle at night. It's just...it's everything I've ever wanted. You're everything I've ever wanted," he took a deep breath and laugh, realizing he forgot to sort of...breathe through that entire gooey rant, "So…"

He finally opened the small box, to reveal the ring.

"Leonie Pinelli...will you marry me?"

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Race
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Engaged
link
Organizer
link
The concept of Valentine's Day was pretty nice. A day dedicated solely to celebrating the person you love. Of course, that's really something that should be done every day if possible, but having an entire day dedicated to it was still pretty nice.

It was also a perfect excuse, as it turns out. Taking the day off to just enjoy each other, that was Claude's plan. Leonie pretty much figured this was going to happen, she'd been getting pretty good at figuring out what Claude is thinking, but the specifics of what he had planned for the day were still a mystery.

It turned out to be quite a lot. First a nice breakfast in Cascade Bay, then doing some hiking around the area, something that Leonie enjoyed quite a bit. It was pretty obvious that Claude was better at this whole dating thing than her and she was fine with letting him plan stuff like this, but she still felt a little guilty about leaving all that work for him. So, during their hiking, she tried to lead the way during their exploration, just as a small compensation for Claude's efforts.

After that, it was a fancy lunch at the castle. The way the room was decorated left it pretty clear Claude had been working on this for a while. Leonie, being the frugal type of person she was, couldn't help but find the whole thing was a little... unnecessary. Not in a bad way though, she was happy that Claude had gone that extra mile, even if she would've been fine with just a regular lunch.

After that was more exploration and then, after they wasted all the energy they regained, they sat down for a little picnic under a beautiful starry sky. After she was finished eating, Leonie stood up and stretched a little, looking at the view from the edge of the Abyss and then back at the starry sky above them, until she felt Claude bump against her.

"Yeah, it's incredible out here," she agreed with a satisfied smile.

Claude then started acting a bit weird, so that made her raise her eyebrow. Then, when she saw him beginning to kneel down in front of her, it clicked. Her eyes going wide as the box in his hand just confirmed it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

His whole speech was something that Leonie had heard before, bit and pieces of it over the course of their time together, but now it was the complete thing and it honestly sounded so... strange. He was talking about her, but the person he was describing sounded much more incredible than she was. She would never have guessed that she had this kind of effect on her, all that time before Pandora just assuming that Claude liked to talk to her because they were friends and that there was nothing else to it. This was just... so much more.

Now, here he was, proposing to her. Even though the two of them were effectively living a married life for a while now, this gesture still managed to catch her offguard. This man who was on his way to change the entire world in her timeline, the guy that led them all to victory, wanted to marry her, of all people.

"... You know, we've been together all this time but... somehow it still feels so unbelievable to me," she said, the words struggling to leave her mouth, "I'm just a girl from a hunting village working as a mercenary, while you're a duke and prince; and despite that you never acted like you were better than me or anyone else. I always felt like I was learning something new and exciting every time I talked to you and it left me wanting more every time. You're kind, loyal, strong, smart, funny and, well, very charming and handsome," she laughed, hoping that she wasn't inflating his ego too much. "You always looked too perfect for someone like me."

Her eyes were looking down, but not at Claude. Leonie found herself having a lot of thoughts running through her head, far too many to voice, especially with how the more the reality of the situation sank in, the more difficult talking became and the redder her cheeks got.

"And now you're here, kneeling down in front of me with an engagement ring in hand," her voice was quieter, a soft laugh escaping her. Then, her eyes finally met Claude's again with an overjoyed smile. "I already told you before, Claude, there's no way I would ever refuse a guy like you," she finally answered.

Claude von Riegan

Fire Emblem
Race
you can't just ask that
Occupation
Hand to the King
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
w/ Leonie P. [Engaged]
link
Directory
link
Was he tearing up? Yeah, maybe. Was he basically shaking on the inside, and maybe a little on the outside? Definitely. Hearing Leonie's words bounced back at him was almost overwhelming. Having this incredible person think the world of him was just...wild. Crazy. Some sort of fever dream from back when he was super-sick and little in Pandora. As she put herself down, he opened his mouth - a second speech ready to just be puked everywhere to let her know she was wrong. But she kept talking. Claude - not wanting to ruin her own speech - closed his mouth as he continued to glance up at her. Apparently the grass was a bit wet, because he could feel it soaking through the material of his pants, and just lick his knee.

Claude laughed at her - sort of - confirming that yes she would. Pushing himself back to his feet, and immediately kissing her. Then - feeling excited - dipped her to make the kiss extra special, before pulling her back to her feet.

Right, the ring.

Pulling it out of the box, he grabbed her hand and winked, before pausing.

"You...technically didn't say yes. It's...yes right?" his tone light, but the question genuine.

• Love
Reactions: Leonie Pinelli

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Race
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Engaged
link
Organizer
link
Claude stood up and went for a kiss, which Leonie was more than happy to recipocrate. When he suddenly dipped her, she was initially startled by it, but once she realized what was going on, she was more amused by it than anything and just kept enjoying the moment, sure that Claude wasn't going to just drop her or anything.

Once she was back on her feet, Claude went to put the ring on her finger, only to ask a question that came really out of nowhere. Leonie took a moment to process it before starting to laugh. Did he seriously think that there was any chance that she was actually saying "no"? It was pretty unlike Claude to act so insecure, which just made the whole thing all the funnier to her.

"Of course it's a yes, Claude," she giggled a little more. "We've been together all this time, I'm not going to leave you now," she spoke in a more matter-of-fact tone. "I'll always be here for you. Whether things are good or bad, I'll support you all the way through. Make sure you never have to carry the weight alone," she swore, her resolve shining through her words, though she then broke eye contact, looking down slightly. "And... I'd like for you to keep doing the same for me too," she added with a sheepish smile.

• Love
Reactions: Claude von Riegan

Claude von Riegan

Fire Emblem
Race
you can't just ask that
Occupation
Hand to the King
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
w/ Leonie P. [Engaged]
link
Directory
link
It was definitely a yes.

That was good, considering he was already sliding the ring on her finger, and kissing her enthusiastically. That would have been something that would be funny with time. Fortunately for him, he hadn't somehow wildly misread the situation.

They were engaged now.
Leonie and Claude were engaged.
To each other.

Crazy.

With the ring on her finger and her beautiful words in the air, he just smiled at her for a moment. Nothing forced, nothing fake. Just a genuine smile that was mostly just reserved for the woman in front of him. His brows gently pushed together as he just continued to try to comprehend it all.

"Through thick, thin, and luke-warm, I got your back, Pinelli," he winked and promised.

Then just sort of laughed quietly to himself, shaking his head.

"Sorry just...wow. We're engaged! I…" he shook his head again, before kissing her again. At least this one was short. A quick peck.

"So...what are your thoughts on weddings? Want to run away and get eloped at some point? Quiet thing with friends? Big thing with all of the Crystal Vales?" he asked, genuinely curious - as he guided her back to their little picnic blanket to sit back down. Claude dropping back to it and sprawling out on his back, as he glanced up at her.

• Love

Leonie Pinelli

Fire Emblem
Blade Breaker II
Race
Human
Occupation
Mercenary
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Engaged
link
Organizer
link
Seeing Claude smile like that always felt so... rewarding. To be able to see him really happy, because of her even, made everything feel all the more special, not just this moment, but... everything, really. He was different when it was just them, acting more like... well, himself. Not faking a smile, not saying empty words just to get what he wanted, nothing like that. It was just... him. Being able to see him happy like that felt like a reward in itself, and she'd do anything to keep him smiling like that.

It was funny seeing him act so giddy too, enough to make her join in on the laughing, only for him to sneak on her with another kiss without even giving her time to react. Then, he began asking her about the next step in their relationship as he guided her back to their picnic site, something that she didn't know how to answer, though she felt like she should.

"Well, I never gave much thought to a wedding before," she admitted, sitting down next to him. Even though the idea of marriage with Claude was something on her mind, she never thought of it in much detail. "I've never been the type for those fancy noble events and such but... well, it's tempting," she admitted, her cheeks getting a little red as she fiddled with the ring in her finger. "What about you? What do you want to do?" she asked, looking down at him.

• Love
Reactions: Claude von Riegan

Claude von Riegan

Fire Emblem
Race
you can't just ask that
Occupation
Hand to the King
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
w/ Leonie P. [Engaged]
link
Directory
link
He really-really couldn't stop smiling, even if he wanted to. Which he didn't. Why would he? Things were just...lining up so nicely in Pandora for him. It was nice to just sit and appreciate the nice sweep of fate in his life. He had all his friends in one place - a beautiful place. Found his calling as the Hand to a King...sort of by accident. Literally found a daughter in the library. And Leonie. Oh, Leonie. This beautiful, fantastic, extraordinary woman that made him want to be a better version of himself. Made him want to open up the locked door that was his life.

It was nice.
Everything was nice.

Claude smirked at Leonie almost admitting she wanted something big for a wedding. He knocked his shoulder against hers, before she threw the question back at him.

"Eh, not really sure either. Like...I do like parties. And having an us-centric party sounds sort of incredible. Well, more than incredible. Fantastic. How about...we do something big, but like just for our friends? Like I don't want to invite random people to it, just because I sort of...know a lot of people through my job. But just like...the group. Us. Eri. But go all out with it," he made a sweeping motion across the stars, "Because if we're celebrating our love, why not make it the best party ever?" he glanced over at her and winked.

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

I'm such a great political figure. ;)
Writing an entire post on the phone in less than thirty minutes versus the two hours it takes on the computer.
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL OFF ANOTHER OF ZEKE'S ANIMALS!? :mad: #twd

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Crane
Top Bottom