By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

First Reply Something Deep Inside

This is an open 1x1 roleplay, limited to the first character who replies.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Really Weird
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
December 1st, 110

Palmer is sitting under a tree at the park, feeling strange. Well, more so than usual. He's considering himself from the outside, the paranoid and dangerous Thing that exists slightly outside of both human and instinct at work.

The personality has shifted a little since it arrived in Pandora, but only to make himself comfortable. It won't matter if he's different when it gets back home, no one will notice when it's fighting for its life.

It easily thinks of itself as him these days, why? Is it just so used to this life that splitting into Palmer and Palmerthing is often simpler than acknowledging that both are part of something bigger? It seems that way. Thinking like Palmer is easy habit, and splitting the instinctive desires into a separate personality is the logical next step.

Is it wise to continue this? With friends, yes. Friends are safe and can be relaxed around, being Palmer wholeheartedly is enjoyable, might as well continue. Would it be better to relax around strangers, as well? Hide the calculation, even from itself? Perhaps. It is currently at its most calculated when in the shop, a place of work which Palmer must go to regularly but cannot make safe. Remaining calculating there is sensible.

The Thing nods to itself, then switches back to the mental state that is Palmer. He's been spacing out for some time now, but since he's loosely holding a joint between two fingers he's not very likely to seem unusual because of it. Someone might come over to yell at him for it, or to buy a little, but that's another story.

Last edited:

Erina Joestar

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

With the bitter cold of winter officially kicking in, it was reminiscent somewhat of back home, back in england before everything had happened.. the city was different, perhaps it was a strong wave of nostalgia, but she can't help but feel a little bit disheartened.. how she had wished to spend this time with her son George.. however being here made it impossible.

Yet there was a silver lining to it all, she had the opportunity to spend it with her grandson at least, that was a benefit all in its own, or at least she hoped.. she still had yet to hear back from him,

In passing through the park, en route from work, she can't help but notice someone sat beneath the tree, however she felt.. on edge looking at them for some reason, perhaps a perpetual sense of danger that had washed over her upon seeing this man, but for what reason.

They seemed lost.

Maybe they were new here as well, maybe they needed someone to reach out to them..

"Is everything alright?"

Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Really Weird
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer's head snaps up at the question, and for a moment his expression is slightly . . . off. Then he smiles cheerfully and nods. "Yeah, man, I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff." It's probably the safest response. This is a stranger, after all, who knows how she would respond to anything more specific? Even if he tried to explain without giving things away it would sound like he had a split personality or something.

"I haven't seen you around before." He holds out a hand, gloved in an effort to fit in during winter weather. Without the glove he probably wouldn't bother with the handshake, due to what is best described as a kind of inversed germaphobia. "My name's Palmer, nice to meetcha."

Reactions: Erina Joestar

Erina Joestar

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

It was somewhat eerie.. only seconds ago he seemed so.. distant, now he was wearing a bright and cheerful face as if to try and discern her worry, maybe something he was so used to, she wasn't sure though.. she barely knew the poor fellow after all.

"It is alright, I haven't really left the comfort of my own home since.."

No, she didn't wish to dispell her woes regarding her grandson to a stranger, especially not when they had their own issues. A sad smile as she shakes off her woe, gently extending a hand out to him.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Palmer, my name is Erina, Erina Joestar"

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Really Weird
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
“Well you’re out and about now, right? That’s a good start.”

Palmer shakes her hand, smiling. It’s always nice to meet someone new, or at least it’s supposed to be and he tries to fit in. In reality his mind is feeling a bit cold and calculating still, the echoes of his deepest self refusing to leave entirely. There are people around, though, so acting normal is preferred.

“Erina? Pretty name. I don’t think I’ve heard it before.”

Erina Joestar

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

"You are right"

A small and polite smile illuminates her face for a moment, perhaps out of kindness, maybe out of an attempt to try and brighten the others spirits.

"Thank you, I am not all that familiar with namesake traditions although Palmer is one I had yet to here, thank you for being the first"

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Really Weird
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"You're welcome." He smiles back at her. She seems like a rather nice person. "So, what brings you out here today?" She said she hasn't been getting out much, so it seems like a reasonable enough question.

Erina Joestar

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

"Ah.. I thought to try and drop by my... relatives apartment"

She didn't plan to delve into the depths of her.. awkward situation regarding her grandson being present in Pandora, with his son as well in tow, although she had yet to hear off any of them since the beginning of the month, it would be a bit too much to introduce to a stranger, she gestures to the small bag in tow filled with a loaf of bread and other ingredients.

"He wasn't home, so I thought to pick up some things that were well needed on the way home"

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Really Weird
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"You have family here, huh? Lucky--unless they're family members you can't stand, in which case my condolences." Palmer doesn't have relatives in any conventional sense, he's far too distant from humanity for that. He has memories of someone else's dysfunctional family, nothing more. In any case, having a family would be a very bad idea for him.

Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

Justin L. McCay wrote on Sister Mary Eunice's profile.
Will you be my new auntie?
Does anyone know where one can get a high-tech exosuit fixed up? Asking for a friend...

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faerie
Top Bottom