By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Something good comes with the bad

Riza Hawkeye

Fullmetal Alchemist
Species
Human
Occupation
Ark Chancellor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
July 10, Year 109
@Prompto Argentum

Before showing up to Valhalla, Riza had heard stories about it from those who had gone and returned. There'd been some curiosity behind the idea that now, death was no longer a factor in the workings of the world, creating a lasting consequence of actions or time. This could mean deep and expansive things for the people of Pandora, and Riza appreciated the gravity of that situation. It was a little too sanguine for her, the idea that this was a permanent thing. Some still died or vanished, not to return the next day. The world was fickle.

Now that she was here, she was a little too caught up in the moment to appreciate the sense of joy and freedom so many others seemed to feel. She hadn't wanted to die, not like this, and had done her best to end the threat to her life so that he would be ended for everyone else too. But life wasn't always fair, and sometimes no matter how hard you fought, you lost the battle and the war. Higgs had come back, just like a bad penny turning up, destroying the sanctity of her home, her sense of peace, and then killed her and Hayate in an explosion that she really hoped hadn't damaged the nearby homes or injured others.

She'd failed. No one else should have to pay for that, even though they would.

Looking down at Hayate, who seemed to be mostly unaware of what had happened, she bit her lower lip and crouched to hug the dog gently. He seemed fine, at least- for being dead. There weren't any apparent wounds. Was she the same way? That's what the stories said. Yet the fact remained. She was dead, and done. Every effort she'd made, her memories, her life, it was finished, the last page written and the book closed. Whether she'd be remembered or not, that didn't matter to her- though of course she hoped she'd made a positive impact on the world as a whole, and in the lives of those she cared about.

All she could do now was keep moving, and see what was going to happen to her. Standing again, she gave Hayate a wry smile. He had no idea at all, did he? It wasn't as though she could make him worry. "That's a good boy. Come on." He gave a little bark, and she turned to make her way into the gathered celebration. The idea of keeping an eye out for familiar faces never occurred to her; hopefully they were alive and well, or her foes had gone straight to Hell. But she couldn't help keeping a wary look around, just in case.

• Love
Reactions: Prompto Argentum

Prompto Argentum

Final Fantasy
Chocobro
Species
Human(ish)
Occupation
Mailman
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single Pringle
link
Directory
link
So uh...apparently he died. Which was surprising, since Prompto had like almost died a cabillion times before, but never really quite met that mark. He expected it to be like whoa traumatic...because yeah. Death. Instead, it was just kinda fast. He had been climbing somewhere he shouldn't have just outside MH, and slipped on a rock.

Then he was in friggin' Valhalla.

Whoops.

It was sorta funny. After all the other junk he had been through, tripping on a rock had done him in. He wasn't even mad about it, honestly. Kinda funny once the shock wore off. And honestly? Valhalla was friggin' sweet. All sorts of junk to do, tasty drinks, everyone was so nice. It was like a forced one-day vaca, before he had to get back to the ol' grind.

Some...part of him really hoped this really was what death was like. Just sort of soft, and like waking up from a nap, instead of horrifying and painful and scary nothingness. It was a fact that Noct died back home. That Luna died. That Pyrna died. And...just having this place was a weird comfort to him. A hope. That no matter what - even if they were away from him - they were safe, and happy.

Prompto found himself wandering, while holding a badass drink with an umbrella. He had no idea if booze was in it or not, but hey - he was feelin' pretty damned good… which actually prob answered that question easily.

His eyes focused in on a familiar shape - causing him to gently jog over, without spilling his tasty tasty drink.

"Oh-em-gee! Riza hey! Shit, wait, that means you're dead too. Dammit. I can't be excited about seeing anyone here, can I, dude?" he made a soft pbbbt noise, before taking another sip of his drink, "So uh...hope nothing too icky happened. Though I guess...I mean. Uh. Sorry."

• Love
Reactions: Riza Hawkeye

Riza Hawkeye

Fullmetal Alchemist
Species
Human
Occupation
Ark Chancellor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
In every story that Riza had heard, Death seemed to be associated with rest. Whether you went into nothing, or you walked through a door into lasting darkness, or found some sort of heavenly light and slept among angels and clouds. peace had been a central point in the narrative. This was a bit more animated than she would have anticipated from the mythologies of her home, but it did fall right in line with the stories people had told about Valhalla. She couldn't fault them for it either. Sometimes you had to celebrate the closing of a chapter and the hard work that had gone into it, even if the results were less spectacular than you would have hoped.

The quickly moving figure at her side caught the corner of her eye and she turned to face it, still a little edgy after her recent experience before coming here- but the familiar face relaxed her immediately. Well, relaxed up to the point where she realized what Prompto's presence meant, at which point her features shifted to shocked regret. Him too? Well- at least he'd go back, but even still, to die must have been a painful thing. Or maybe not. Some people passed in peace, at least she'd heard so. At least he didn't seem too upset about it. Raising a confused brow she just stared for a moment as his words washed over her.

Even with death, he tended to see the bright side, didn't he? A wry but sincere smile washed over her face. "I'm glad to see you too. It's better than being here without a single familiar face," she answered in a dry-humored tone as Hayate wagged his tail and walked over to the young man and leaned against his leg, tongue lolling out slightly. Maybe that would distract from the fact she was pointedly not responding to the 'icky' portion of the statement. "When we discussed getting away from work, this isn't exactly what I expected the vacation to be. What are you drinking?"

• Love
Reactions: Prompto Argentum

Prompto Argentum

Final Fantasy
Chocobro
Species
Human(ish)
Occupation
Mailman
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Single Pringle
link
Directory
link
Prompto immediately ducked down to pet the pupper, trying to not think about that fact that it meant he was dead too. Dude...what even happened there? Just made him uncomfortably tingle, as he scratched a place he knew the doggy would like - glancing up at Riza as she made a joke about their vacation.

"Riiight? Like...whoops we went too hard. T-b-h, I'm pretty sure I slipped on a rock and that's why I'm here. Nothing traumatic. Which is...weirdly surprising," he snorted, pushing himself back to his feet, as he took another sip of his drinky drink, "Oh I have no idea. There's an umbrella, which adds like...a ton more tasty value to it, I think," he glanced down at it, before turning away from Riza and waving for her to follow, "C'mon let's get you a tasty umbrella drink. You don't...have to tell me what happened, if you don't wanna. But hey! I hear we come back after a day of relaxing here. Literal force vaca, right dude?" he beamed, with a slight bounce in his step.

• Love
Reactions: Riza Hawkeye

Current Season

Status Updates

Justin McCay VERSUS Luke Skywalker:
Pinder, schminder. People should just stick with archery contests, and base all future dates on the results.
All of ya deserve love. Don't forget that. Even the skeleton fella who yells at cats and then laughs to himself
WHAT!? YOU NAMED THE AMPHITHEATER AFTER ATHENA!? But she's not even an artist! She's a boring stick in the mud! What do you do there? Watch old women weave all day? This is egregious! Egregious I tell you!
Hello mortals! It was a beautiful day today wasn't it? I know. I know. No need to thank me. But you're welcome anyways. ;)

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• Steel
    ✧・゚: *✧・゚* we are starstuff *・゚✧*:・゚✧

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Souji Okita
Top Bottom