ROGUE ONE SPOILERY TALK
hello friends i just crawled out of bed and the first thing imma do is to stream of consciousness about this movie \o/
UNDER DA CUT
- it has its flaws just like most movies do, but i really really really really enjoyed it
- it starts out kind of choppy and slow, but once they hit jedha the momentum kicks up and it gets better and better from there
- i felt cgi tarkin and leia were both a touch in the uncanny valley, but they definitely added to rather than detracted from the experience for me. loved seeing grand moff magnificent bastard in action again, even if it was a liiiittle weird.
- "are you kidding me? i'm blind!" - toph beifong approves of this line
- seeing planets getting death star'd from surface level via 2016 technology was glorious. it's so beautiful. there is no horizon.
- k-2 was a leaf in the wind :'(
- it was nice seeing mads mikkelsen play the Loving Father instead of his usual cannibalistic / james bond / cultish sorcerer villain trope!
- however, it did seem like kind of a shame that we couldn't get to see more depth to the rogue one-centric characters. it makes sense that literally all of them DIE HEROIC DEATHS, but it'd be nice if we got to know more about them beforehand
- saw gerrera looks nothing like his clone wars animated counterpart but i am okay with that
- this film felt more like a war movie that took place in the star wars universe, rather than a full on classic star wars movie, and i am okay with that
- i loved that the movie tapped into the sense that it's not always black and white with empire=bad and rebels=good. they definitely show the actual gritty morally questionable terrorism side of the rebels and I APPRECIATE COMPLEX BLURRING OF THE LINES
- did anyone catch general syndulla and chopper cameos 8)))))
- why was vader's neck so fat
- HAHA he has his own personal mordor fortress on mustafar like something directly out of legends. that's great
- vader's moment with director krennic reminded me of that one dark knight rises scene with bane going "do you feel in control" esp since it was the same actor getting punked! props to ben mendelsohn good stuff
- also his posts from this point on will have 50% more dad jokes
- last two minutes corridor scene: YAAAS DADDY SLAY THOSE REBEL SCUM
- after seeing this movie, my personal and completely subjective ranking of the movies (based on their rewatchability TO ME) is abouut:
ep 3 (NO SHAME) > ep 5 > r1 > ep 4 => ep 7 => ep 6 > ep 1 > ep 2
note that i definitely like all of them in spite of the........flaws of the latter two in particular
LET US KNOW HOW YOU GUYS FEEL IF YOU'VE SEEN IT, FRIENDS <333