By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Complete Stay for the Sunrise (M)

This roleplay has reached its conclusion.

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Content Warning

November 21st, Year 110
Beach, 7:00 AM / @Osamu Dazai

Chuuya inspected the seashell he had picked up, contemplating the entire shitstorm that was...this fucking game apparently.

He didn’t sleep well that night. There was apparently a curfew that started at ten at night and while the subtle threats made it apparent there would be consequences, he stayed for at least another hour to see if he could find anything suspicious.

He tried to break into some of the labs, but they were apparently for different people and after trying to keep a low profile, he returned to his room after midnight. But not before pushing a note under Dazai’s door.

Now, whether he comes or not, it’s his choice.

At least, they’d have some privacy if he came to the beach. They’d have a conversation that wouldn’t have twelve people gawking at them because Dazai spilled the beans on their former relationship and trying to spice things up. He knew he did it for a reason, but it still pissed him off.

Either way, Chuuya would have to be careful with whatever he said to Dazai. He couldn’t fucking say that they knew about Arahabaki with all the cameras, so he’d have to be...subtle. He sure as hell wasn’t going to say it and he’d have to make sure that whatever he said wouldn’t be something the bear would pick up either.

Chuuya sighed, as he saw the sky slowly brighten—the sun rising up with the gentle waves of the sea. He dug his heel into the sand and threw the seashell as far as he could, seeing it meet the water with a splash.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Osamu Dazai

Osamu Dazai

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
[ void ]
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Content Warning
Chuuya was leaving him cute little notes, which - he had to admit - he didn't see coming. Even with their friendship "mended" (ish), he figured he'd be killed first by Chuuya himself. It wouldn't have surprised him in the least, and was simply waiting for the other boot to drop, as it were. It was kind of...fitting, wasn't it? Dazai's entire purpose to be around Chuuya was to stop him from dying from his own power consuming him. Now, without either of their powers present, Chuuya would reverse uno that bitch.

Pandora was...well, it wasn't doing him any favors. Since Odasaku had killed someone in front of Dazai, it had sort of felt like a slide of the backwards variety. Habits and behaviors that were actually improving back home, were sliding back into commonality in Pandora. He even ran - essentially - a mafia, rather than doing some good in this world, like he promised. He still...tried to do good, he really did. Yet killed several people in cold blood at the start of October. The worst part, was that it wasn't even really...on purpose. He meant to kill them, but he hadn't meant to kill them all. It was just something in his head fully disconnecting, and the only thing left was the general desire to make this problem go away.

Then there was everything with Chuuya. A failed experiment in a lot of ways. Dazai should have left it where it sat, when Chuuya first told him that he loved him. Get out. It should have started and ended there. But instead, he followed a desire to just...feel something. Being loved was an intoxicating feeling. One that he selfishly clung to, when he saw the signs...early of the relationships failure, yet did nothing to change it.

And now it was over.

So, in a lot of ways, Chuuya would be doing him the biggest favor of all by killing him.
Finally he could leave this suffocating place.
His only hangup with Makoto's fate.
If she was fine if he died, he'd do nothing to stop it.

Dazai wandered onto the beach with a hand in his pocket, coming to a stop next to Chuuya who was studying a shell.

"So have you noticed there's no powers here yet?" his voice low - eyes on the ocean.

• I'm Fine
Reactions: Chuuya Nakahara

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Chuuya heard the footsteps against the sand, but he didn’t turn around to look at Dazai. He had a feeling that if he did, he’d either see something that would piss him off...or something that would make him want to pity Dazai. And neither of them liked that.

“I realized that yesterday when we were at the beach. I wanted to talk to you sooner, but...well, we were both busy.” Chuuya said as he threw another shell into the ocean. While he’d been looking for Dazai, they weren’t joined to the fucking hip. They both had their own shit to deal with.

“I looked around for Prom dust. Either they have it well hidden or there’s something surrounding the place. All in all, this is a fucked up mess we’re in.” He replied, as he slowly turned his head to Dazai, finally looking at him.

He...didn’t really look okay. Chuuya sized him up before he said, “You look like shit.”

It was easier to act like how they used to. Argue, be pissed at each other, taunt and have any kind of biting remark. And yet...things were still different. Things had changed.

His chest hurts sometimes when he sees how Dazai acts. It wasn’t pleasant, but he’ll get over it. He just...didn’t want to make himself vulnerable again. So, he’ll act how they used to if that helps.

“I looked around for Prom dust. Either they have it well hidden or there’s a barrier surrounding the islands. All in all, this is a fine mess we’re in.” Chuuya picked up a small rock now and threw it in the sea, the sound of something heavy sinking in the ocean.

“Did you know that Randou was a poet? They have some books of his in my room. I like the one with the black flame.” Chuuya said in a normal tone, as his gaze met Dazai’s. They used to do this; play with words and phrases to make codes to convey what they needed to do in a mission. Arahabaki of the black flame had been what they called the god when they were looking for him.

He hoped he didn’t need to spell it out even more. He didn’t want to say anything for these fucking cameras.

• Eyes

Osamu Dazai

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
[ void ]
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I can...pretty much always feel No Longer Human," he admitted - staring at the waves, "I knew since we woke up in this place. While humanizing us with backstory is fun, I'm not about to reveal our biggest leg-up if the powers do come back," his tone flat.

Apparently he looked like shit. Dazai glanced down at himself as if that would answer questions, but it didn't. Probably just a cheap shot, because Chuuya was still mad.

That was alright, he deserved it.

"Yeah."

He was quiet as Chuuya explained what he had found so far - ending it with the bit about the poet.

"I did," he admitted, "I think our names are linked to others in another world, though. Not the man we knew, but another," his eyes on the surf as it nearly rolled over their feet.

He took a step back, not wanting wet socks or shoes.

"I don't think we're in reality, Chuuya," he admitted - a little piece of information he was keeping to himself, "Remember Poe back home? He could bring people into novels he wrote, and disable people's powers just as easily. This...is sort of exactly like one of his creations," his eyes on the sky for a moment, "Solve the case and escape the book - I think those were the terms. I'm not aware of him in Pandora, but his powers could pull this off. Also possibly a pocket dimension in the Otherworld. Though yesterday the bear saw me when I didn't see any cameras. I was breaking rules that hadn't existed, and yet the bear appeared out of nowhere, wearing one of those one-man-band things. All it took was just me pushing the edge of the rule, and it instantly appeared. A second later would have been too late, in a lot of ways," he hummed, "This world is too controlled. Too manicured. It's not reality, but I'm not sure what it is."

• Eyes

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Dazai said that he knew from the beginning that they didn’t have their abilities, as he could always feel No Longer Human. “Fair point.” While he would have preferred the mackerel to tell him, neither had the team to speak to each other. Besides, it made sense for Dazai to notice when something is off. No Longer Human could cancel other’s abilities with just a touch—it’s not like he could turn it off and on again.

The mackerel looked himself over before agreeing when he said he did look like shit. Chuuya pursed his lips before sighing softly. Did he think he was mad? They had said they’d try to be friends. Did he not want things to go how they used to? Or should he not act like that anymore either?

Sometimes, it was so fucking frustrating to figure out what the hell Dazai fucking wanted.

Okay, he didn’t take the hint. Chuuya exhaled as he bit his lower lip, as he didn’t want to argue right now and make a scene. But hearing that they were linked to others in another world was...well, weird to say the least.

And then, Dazai spoke. Saying that he believed they weren’t in reality. Chuuya frowned, confusion evident on his face as the other continued. The name ‘Poe’ did remind him of something; that was a Gifted from the Guild, wasn’t he? So he just listed as Dazai explained to him how this ability worked. And he was right.

There are so many possibilities in this case. The fact the bear had seen Dazai with no visible cameras made it suspicious. Could they have trackers on them? “What rule did you try to break that wasn’t even written? Because if that stupid bear is gonna pull restrictions out of its ass just for the shits and giggles, then we can’t be sure it won’t pull something when a body is found.”

Chuuya was a bit annoyed, yes, but more with how Monokuma can just change things around just because it felt like it. He hated that they were restricted by this, just as Dazai spoke his concerns. “It does feel like that. There is nobody else here—no staff—besides us. There are also two more rooms on the second floor, with no names on them. If this is just for fourteen people—and this world is just made specifically for this game—why are there two extra rooms?”

He pursed his lips as he sighed, sitting down on the sad, as the water moved back. “Even if we’re not in reality, they have information about us.” With a sharp exhale, he looked back at Dazai. “They know about it, Dazai. That’s my title. And you’ve known me long enough that I would never tell anyone about it unless I trusted them completely. The fact we don’t remember how we got here, means they did something to us. Someone wants things to go a certain way. They want us to play this game their way.”

Chuuya put his hat aside and dug his fingers into his hair. “We need to find out what’s going on.”

• Eyes

Osamu Dazai

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
[ void ]
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Content Warning
Chuuya was annoyed. Probably because he didn't fight back, but he didn't care. There was too much other shit in play for them to play their dumb little game at the moment. Once more pieces were in their court - once Dazai could make heads or tails in what exactly they were dealing with...then he would put on a show. A wink, a tease, purposefully getting on Chuuya's nerves for sport.

But at the moment...he just didn't feel like it.

Dazai laughed under his breath at the question on what rule he tried to break.

"Apparently we're not allowed to be horny. This is - to quote - a family friendly show, with murder. Show, is what caught my attention too. Not to get graphic, but I was stopped right before I could slide my hand down their pants. Before that moment, things were honestly fairly tame. It was my action that set it off, I think," he shook his head, "There was nothing mentioned anywhere about sexual content not being allowed before that from what I've seen," he shrugged, "I don't like games where the rules are so fluid," a touch of irritation in his voice, "A challenge is nice, but not when the other side has essentially God-like power, and we're without any."

Two extra rooms.

"There could be two traitors amongst us, and that is where they retreat. Though that's a bit too obvious. Why not just give one of them a lab, and be done with it? Easy enough to add a hidden area to a hotel room, too. Hmm..." he rocked on his heels in thought.

Dazai's gaze shifted to Chuuya when he went on about knowing them - purposefully saying little in that regard. He just hummed in response, before nodding.

"The lack of memory is interesting, isn't it? Any sort of power-based memory wipe I would have cancelled. And there's no sign of injection-sites for drugs - at least on me," he chewed on his bottom lip, before shaking his head, "We really do. Can't say I'm a fan of any of this. Not only are we being screwed with, but someone on the outside is in danger. I doubt they're actually a hostage, but they know who we care about, and that's more than enough."

His eyes on the water as he spoke, knowing he just implied his motivation wasn't his fucking cat.
But he didn't care.

• Eyes

Junko Enoshima

Danganronpa
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Despair
Occupation
Ultimate Despair
Alignment
Chaotic Evil

Monokuma seemed to pop out of nowhere, appearing in a blink. "What an interesting conversation, upupupupu~~ A serious conversation, too. Relax, enjoy the ocean breeze. Really, some people have no appreciation for sunrises. Each one is unique, you know?"

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Content Warning

Chuuya decided it was best to focus on what was going on than let Dazai annoy him. If the guy wasn’t going to tell him what his problem was, then it was his own fault. Sure, he was used to it, but when it was fucking up any kind of plan, that was when Chuuya would put his foot down.

Of course, when he asked about what rule was broken...well, he actually expected Dazai to say he did something stupid. Like tried to see if he could break in somewhere. But no...it wasn’t that.

Something twisted in his chest as he kept his expression neutral. Chuuya was listening, of course, but he honestly...didn’t think Dazai would try to fool around with someone when they were stuck in ‘non-reality’. He should have realized when Dazai called Monokuma a cock-blocker.

But he focused on everything besides that. It wasn’t his business who Dazai fucked. Chuuya pursed his lips. “So, it is a show.” He shook his head, annoyed that Monokuma could be a dick whenever it wanted. “I don’t like it either. It makes it more likely that they’ll fuck us over. They want us to kill each other, but that doesn’t mean they might not throw us into a curveball if it’s ‘entertaining’.”

Dazai got interested when he mentioned the two extra rooms. It was pretty suspicious and the mention of there being traitors made him clench his fist in anger. “It might be obvious, but it’s not impossible. A traitor in the mix would make it interesting show wise. Either way, there is something off with those rooms.”

He got the hint on Arahabaki, so he hoped that the man understood why he was concerned about it. As for their memories… “Yeah...but if this isn’t reality and whoever made it can play God, they could easily make any mark we had vanish.”

At least, Dazai agreed with him that they should find out what is going on, as those they cared about was in danger. And, as he suspected, Dazai did lie. He wondered if it was Atsushi or someone else he took under his wing.

“We could work together. Cover more ground and all that.” Chuuya suggested though he could feel his heart beating like crazy. Because this meant working with Dazai; who might either feel uncomfortable or...just doesn’t want that. Which was fine either way, but he did trust Dazai. Even if he was worried it will bite him in the ass.

But all of a sudden, that annoying fucking voice was heard and Chuuya sprung up from the ground. “Motherfucker!” He glared at Monokuma, wishing he had his gift to fucking crush it into oblivion. “What the fuck do you want?” His thoughts were racing, despite his anger. Why did Monokuma appear when they didn’t break any rules? Unless...it was something they said.

Last edited:

Osamu Dazai

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
[ void ]
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Contrary to popular belief, Dazai wasn't a complete piece of shit. He hadn't immediately said why he got in trouble, nor who it was with. When they first met up on the beach, he had kept his hands to himself, outside of using Yuri's head as an armrest. It was more telling that Chuuya hadn't ripped him apart for getting handsy with an unnamed person. He was expecting more yelling, more sighing, but instead...he just sort of moved on.

Ah.

Part of him felt compelled to explain that - no - it wasn't...romantic. Wasn't him dating again, despite saying his brain wasn't built for that. Whatever was going on with Yuri was essentially just...for fun. Teasing, flirting, making out against a wall. It was essentially just a game. Friends with benefits, that was yet to yield any actual benefits outside of a broken arm.

But he left it, and nodded.

"Does make it sound like weird shit will happen to just make it more entertaining. Which means even more fluid rules for us."

They agreed on essentially everything. The idea of traitors, how this place was possibly not real.

"You're right," he glanced down at his hands, "No reason they can't fuck with our cognition of ourselves in this place. With people like us, I think we'd have to be drugged. There would be marks," his voice growing a bit quieter, still hating that gap in his memory.

He didn't like when that happened.

Chuuya's offer caught him off guard - gaze raising too quickly to meet his old partner's.

"I...yeah, I'd like that," no jokes, no wink, no smile - just a genuine chunk of honesty.

Then the bear appeared and Dazai wished he had access to a gun.

"If cockblock bear is here, we said something interesting that they don't want us to say. What was it, I wonder? Traitors? This not being real? Or maybe they don't want us to be friends, because they're too aware of our track record and what that means for everyone else here," his gaze on the bear, with narrowed eyes, "Anyway, yes I'll work with you Slug," a smile on his lips, "Maybe they'll stop being cowards and give us our powers back, so we can casually Double Black the island."

Junko Enoshima

Danganronpa
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Despair
Occupation
Ultimate Despair
Alignment
Chaotic Evil

"I can't give you your powers back," Monokuma said, as if it was the dumbest question he'd ever been asked. "It'd be unfair to everyone else! How is anyone supposed to murder you if you have powers and they don't? This killing game is fair, upupupupu."

"And why does it matter that this probably isn't real? It feels real, doesn't it?"

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Chuuya wondered what Dazai was thinking since he didn’t make a big deal out of this. Did he want Chuuya to punch him? Tell him off or something like that? Dazai was his own man and he would make his own choices, regardless of how Chuuya or anyone else would feel.

He just didn’t see the point of acting like a jealous bitch when Dazai’s feelings were clear. He didn’t want romance, didn’t feel the same anymore. Dazai was free to do whatever he liked, and so was Chuuya.

But it did hurt. It would take a long time before Chuuya’s feelings for Dazai untagged from what they were.

He was glad that Dazai didn’t try to pry, at least. That he respected Chuuya wanting to focus more on the now than who they fooled around with. They agreed with everything practically; fluid rules meant more ways to fuck them over. If Monokuma was the only one who knew what was a rule, then it was unfair for everyone else. “I wonder if some of them could be worked around.”

Chuuya nodded; the theory of them getting drugged, as he put his hat back on his heat. “There should have been. It would take a lot of effort to make us spill anything. But what makes me concerned...if they tweaked our memories, what else could they have done to us?” He didn’t want to think that they could have made them sleeper agents. Say one word and voila—you’re a traitor and you’d end up killing someone and being used.

Chuuya saw the look on Dazai’s face when he offered they work together. He must have not expected that which...was good. He can work with Dazai—despite what happened, he could focus and cooperate with him. Maybe together, they could figure out what the fuck was going on.

As Dazai said he’d like that, with no jokes or his usual antics, Chuuya couldn’t help but give him a small smile.

But whatever moment they had, Monokuma just screwed them over. Chuuya really wishes he could pummel this piece of shit, but he wasn’t going to risk it when he didn’t know what the bear would do.

Dazai took charge, voicing some of Chuuya’s suspicions as to why Monokuma showed up now and not before. It makes sense; if they figure out the truth, then it makes this whole place vulnerable. Even having the suspicion makes it dangerous. Chuuya frowned slightly at Dazai calling him ‘Slug’ before Chuuya smirked back at the bear—all teeth and promising violence. “If they know what’s good for them, Mackerel. I’m more than happy to give them some well deserved payback, just like old times.” He continued, cracking his knuckles in anticipation.

But then Monokuma said why they shouldn’t have powers; that it wouldn’t be fair. That’s complete bullshit when it wasn’t even playing by the rules either. “Oh, it’s not because it wouldn’t be fair. Because you know that if we had our powers, we’d go after you instead. Us, and anyone else who has powers.”

Chuuya’s eyes narrowed as he smirked. “Well...you’re not denying it.” And that was telling enough. If this isn’t real, then it means the mastermind wasn’t as powerful as they liked to portray. Maybe they were scared of what they could actually do. Maybe...they were someone completely normal.

Osamu Dazai

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
[ void ]
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Content Warning

"....if they tweaked our memories, what else could they have done to us?”

Dazai's gaze empty as he watched the ocean. Hand still in his pocket, cast pressed up against his chest. That was exactly what he was wondering. There was a gap in their memories where people who were near-impossible to crack, had talked. While Dazai's connection to Makoto wasn't impossible to uncover - the fact he would care wasn't exactly public knowledge. The closest anyone came to knowing, would have been that funky little hacker chick, Futaba. She flatly picked his brain about her. Made him idly wonder if they had somehow gone down his list of contacts and broken them, rather than even trying with Dazai. He didn't like that idea either.

"Nothing that hasn't already been done," his voice flat, watching the waves roll in.

The bear dodged the questions about why he had appeared, only confirming that they really had touched a nerve with what they were getting at. The thing only responded to how giving back their powers would be unfair - then idly mentioning that it felt real, so that's all that mattered.

So this place was fake.

A dream, an illusion - something like that most likely.

Dazai shot Chuuya a look at the confirmation.

"Not to be a dick, but I don't think we should share this with everyone, just yet," his eyes on Chuuya, deciding he was done with the bear for now, "It's probably better for their safety - and our lives - if everyone thinks this is real. For the people who aren't hardened to...this sort of thing, the disconnect between reality and whatever this is, might be enough to make them go on a killing spree to get out of here. I know that's malfunctioning Care Bear's idea, but I'd rather not add gas to the flame. Someone will snap and kill anyway, but let's not make it twelve bodies at once, instead of one, alright?" his gaze still on Chuuya, "And for what it's worth, Chuuya, I'm not planning on killing you."

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Stray Dogs Mafia
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Chuuya felt something drop in his stomach at Dazai’s words. The implication alone wasn’t something he wanted to dwell on and while he had a hunch that Dazai has gone through...a lot of shit, there was always a possibility that something was done to them.

While Monokuma was dodging the question, it did basically confirm this place wasn’t real and that they had poked at something that could damage Monokuma and the mastermind.

And yet, before he could do anything else, Dazai addressed him. Told him that they should keep quiet about the reality of this place. While Chuuya would prefer to tell them otherwise, he couldn’t deny the mackerel had a point. If the others knew the truth, Monokuma could fuck with their heads with whatever it was the bear was using for them to be trapped. The others...well, some of them might try to murder everyone to just escape. And that would be a wrench in the mastermind’s plans. Chuuya sighed angrily but nodded. “I don’t really like it, but if it’s for the best, fine.”

But he wasn’t going to lie, he felt his heart get stuck in his throat when Dazai said he wouldn’t kill him. Even after all the bullshit that has happened, Chuuya didn’t want to kill Dazai either. So yeah...what it was worth way more than what Dazai thought. “And for what it’s worth, I don’t plan on killing you.”

He just hoped Dazai didn’t try to get himself killed on purpose.

The End

Last edited:

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

Best bar or tavern in Crystal Vales? Presumably nearby Heavenfell, anyone?
Orange Cat is Best Cat!
I keep trying to find Twotone Carebear on Pinder but I think it must be set to private. Anyone got the link?

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dabi
Top Bottom