By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private stone, silk, and ivory [m]

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Goro Akechi

Persona
Alias
Raven
Species
Human
Height
5'10
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
♜ Diluc
link
June 5th @Rui

WARNING

"Honey, I'll be leaving. When I go, you run straight for the clearing and call out for someone. You can't be out here, it's dangerous. I...I'm so sorry."

--

rui gave it to him. he doesn't know how, he doesn't know why, but he did and now Akech has to deal with an affliction he only felt proverbially in the past.

bloodlust.

It started early this morning when he thought his hunger pangs resulted from not eating much the night before. but when he put food in his mouth, he choked and couldn't get his throat to swallow up the stuff. nausea via a stomach bug, he thought.

...that is, until he blacked out in his office and woke up in a park, a little girl's shoe next to him. the shoe was speckled with fresh blood, the trail of which led all the way to a brush nearby where the unrecognizable remains of a corpse lay. and upon seeing it he felt sick, because he knew.

from then, all he could think of was to hurry back to that demon child he'd not only encountered, but formed a business relationship with. and now he is a demon. what irony.

(to his immense and immediate relief, the girl was hiding somewhere nearby, albeit terrified of him. the corpse turned out to be that of a brown bear.)

--

he stumbles into the familiar thicket, looking for traces of the spiders or the boy. he sees neither, although he has the distinct feeling that the spiders never left him in the first place. He leans against a tree to help the pain radiating from his left quadrant, but the wood crackles easily beneath his palm.

"Is your condition contagious?" he calls out, wiping the sweat from his face, "because if it is...and you never bothered saying anything..."

...then his life as he knew it, everything he'd built, would be in jeopardy.

Rui

Demon Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Alignment
True Neutral
@Goro Akechi | notes: et tu, persona?

The first thing he sees when he wakes is a nightmare looming over him like the night sky. Rui jolts wide awake, scrambling to the far side of the cave wall as the black-armored archer steps eerily towards him.

"Stay back!" He raises his hands to summon his Demon Blood Art to defend himself from the perceived threat, but he's shocked when he's met with regular small, human hands in front of his face. He pulls his hands back towards himself, finger trembling, as he turns his palms up to study his peach-colored skin. The flesh is supple to the touch, and he realizes that he's having trouble seeing in the dark. Squinting, Rui turns his gaze back onto the floating creature eyeing him before he gets to his feet.

He flees.

Much to his dismay, the demon follows him. He remembers seeing the creature. Isn't it the one that follows Akechi-san around, now that he thinks about it? Just as he's stopping to look over his shoulder and confirm, he hears a voice from somewhere in front of him.

He doesn't stop in time. Rui crashes into what feels like a marble pillar. He goes tumbling across the forest floor with a small cry, right at the feet of the ghostly spirit he'd thought he was being chased by. Looking up, he's greeted with the sight of a demon... but he recognizes that voice. In fact, that pale skin glinting in the moonlight, the red markings on his face, the bone-white color of his hair, and the three dark pupils set inside glowing, frosted-mint irises send a chill down his spine. It's like looking at an older version of himself--or what he was when he was a demon.

"Akechi-san? But how..." Rui sits up, chest heaving as he tries to catch his breath. He lets out a cough, his fragile lungs burning. Even as he attempts to stand, his legs feel like rubber from his short sprint from his cave. He remembers the snow at home, and how difficult it had been to even walk. Fear and adrenaline had given him barely enough strength to get this far.

How must he smell to Akechi now that he has inexplicably received his abilities? He's a small human child--sickly, smelling of fear, and so so weak.

He'd be such an easy meal.

"No..." Rui crawls back on all fours, raising his hands. "How?!" If he's human now, and going to die like this now, then he'd killed his parents for nothing. They were gone, and now he'll follow, and he has no one but himself to blame. Through his distress, the long-forgotten Hereward responds, flying forward to plant itself between Rui and Akechi.

TZWAD7H.png
ありふれたあの日々をただ思い返す
終わりが来ることを待つ世界で
辛い過去も嫌な記憶も
忘れられないメロディーも
さよならなんだ

• I'm Fine
Reactions: Goro Akechi

Goro Akechi

Persona
Alias
Raven
Species
Human
Height
5'10
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
♜ Diluc
link
He doesn't see Rui. Not how he usually sees him.

The only reason he recognizes him at all is by his voice, but otherwise there is a perfectly human-looking, human-smelling boy in front of him, looking terrified, and it occurs to Akechi that what happened was not a conversion.

Reflexively he reaches out a hand, "Hey--" but he's blockaded by something swift, something black and strikingly familiar.

It's Hereward. The sight only reinforces his suspicion.

His Persona doesn't attack him. It put itself up defensively to protect the boy, no doubt a response to the boy's own yearning for survival. Hereward stares down at him with stoic heedlessness, its bow gripped tightly in its hands.

It really has happened, then, hasn't it. He's somehow traded places with this -- this child and it's his own Persona he's facing as well as his own possible undoing. Akechi knows with this bloodlust that he feels, time is an avalanche that will soon suffocate him. He swallows against the rising dread, tries again.

"It's alright," he says, letting the fringe fall over his eyes. Then, quieter, "I already ate."

• I'm Fine
Reactions: Rui

Rui

Demon Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Alignment
True Neutral
TW

@Goro Akechi | notes: sorry it got kinda dark o.e

"I already ate."

The words are like concussive blows to the head and hold absolutely no relief for Rui. He stays where he is, frozen in disbelief on the ground. His limited human vision can only make out Akechi's silhouette in the moonlight and his glowing eyes. He's going to live. He's going to live because Akechi has already eaten someone else.

Rui feels ill--or at least more ill than usual. He remembers it now--the first time he'd killed a person. The man had just been an unfortunate neighbor at the wrong place at the wrong time. He'd been so hungry that he'd attacked without realizing. Everything had gone black, and he'd come back to blood on his clothes and hands and face.

And it'd tasted good.

"What on Earth have you done... Rui?!"

His hands go to his face, and slowly, Hereward lowers its bow and backs off. Rui lets out a small sob, the tears beginning to well up in my eyes. "That was my curse to bear. My punishment... You have to... you have to give it back! It should be my Hell to live with!"

He remembers his father with the knife, hovering above him and shaking as his mother wept. He remembers waking up to the blade descending... "It's alright, Rui. We're going to die with you!" Lashing out in anger out those words before ever truly understanding what they had meant, he'd severed the only bonds he had ever needed.

"You don't deserve to be a monster! I do!" If only. Now he's just a human again. That small, sickly child who'd just wanted to be able to play in the snow with the others.

TZWAD7H.png
ありふれたあの日々をただ思い返す
終わりが来ることを待つ世界で
辛い過去も嫌な記憶も
忘れられないメロディーも
さよならなんだ

Last edited:
  • Sad

Goro Akechi

Persona
Alias
Raven
Species
Human
Height
5'10
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
♜ Diluc
link
When he first met Rui he thought about a feral, ruthless child with no regards for human life. That's how you categorize most monsters, at least. Tears, regret, repentance -- those are all more or less human qualities and imply the presence of a conscience. A conscience which that once-feral child is displaying here.

Maybe it's because he's become human that he's like this now. Maybe as a demon, he truly never felt anything. But if that were true...

You don't deserve to be a monster!

Akechi shakes his head. Getting sentimental now won't do much for what little sanity he has left to work with. The question is not whether or not he deserves this, but where to begin looking for a solution. The detective needs to step up, not the person.

He once again tries to step toward the boy, but Hereward intercepts him warningly. Akechi raises a placating hand at his own Persona to show that he means no harm. What a clusterfuck. "Calm down," he says across to the boy, "What's more important now is to figure out how this happened. If we do, we can..." reverse it. That's what everyone wants, right? That's what will bring things back to "normal". "But I need your cooperation. You have to come with me, Rui."

Despite how it's worded, it's not an option. Rui will have to come with him in one way or another. He has neither the patience nor the time for persuasion.

ooc: plz this is perfect <3

Rui

Demon Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Alignment
True Neutral
@Goro Akechi | notes: swiper no swiping

Akechi's expression remains stony and unaffected in the face of his distress, and it only makes the indescribable pressure in his chest worse. It's an empty cavern, opening up like a giant maw and threatening to swallow him up from the inside out. It's emotions stacked on top of each other that he hasn't experienced for so long at such an intensity.

"I c-can't." Rui steps back behind Hereward, catching on that the spirit is protecting him now. He feels his breath coming shorter and shorter, and he coughs. He realizes he's still out of breath from fleeing into the night from his newfound protector. His limbs feel so much weaker. He's almost forgotten human fragility.

"No. No, I don't want to." Maybe he can go to Xingchen-gege. Maybe he'll know what to do. He doesn't want to just suddenly leave. Worst of all, he remembers everything now, and there's so much about Muzan and the demons that he needs to talk to Tanjiro about... "I... I have to go. I have something I need to tell someone. I remember--"

TZWAD7H.png
ありふれたあの日々をただ思い返す
終わりが来ることを待つ世界で
辛い過去も嫌な記憶も
忘れられないメロディーも
さよならなんだ

• Angry

Goro Akechi

Persona
Alias
Raven
Species
Human
Height
5'10
Occupation
Detective
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Relationship Status
♜ Diluc
link

"You aren't telling anyone," he bites. He doesn't care what the boy wants to say; he doesn't want him to say it. "I didn't make this a request. You are coming with me. Now." If he has to get through his own Persona, so be it. As long as the boy won't listen, it won't back down. This 8s an unfavorable outcome for either of them but he can see now that subduing both is the most efficient way to fix this little problem.

He breathes out and his body goes into a kind of rhythm that transcends words: Spindly-legged spiders form in every corner of the cave, their chittering echoing deep down the hollow chambers. Slimy limestone is lit red by a million tiny eyes.

"Last warning," Akechi says in a decibel he hasn't used since he'd put a bullet in someone. "I won't leave empty-handed."

• Angry
Reactions: Rui

Rui

Demon Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Alignment
True Neutral
@Goro Akechi | notes: run, forrest, run!

Like a chihuahua baring its teeth and barking up a storm, Rui steps back with fiery eyes as Akechi snaps at him. "I have to. I must!" When is the next time he'll remember Muzan, his parents, and the other demon moons? He has too much that Tanjiro will want to know.

There's a familiar, faint rustling from the undergrowth, and Rui turns his head at the sound. He first catches the glimpse of the small, moving bodies next to a boulder. The pale spiders scurry across the forest floor, and Rui almost feels ill seeing them.

"No." He says again. "I'm not listening to your orders. You can't make me!" Praying that the spirit will respond, Rui closes his eyes. Blue flames flicker to life to the right of Akechi, briefly flaring up before an explosion takes its place. The sphere of magic energy expands rapidly, kicking up debris as Rui covers his face as best as he can. The spiders instantly scatter under the influence of light, and Rui stands. Hereward remains steadfast between him and Akechi, and Rui immediately takes off in the opposite direction. How far is Xingchen-gege's house? He knows the general direction, but it's so hard to see in the dark. His feet kick up dirt as he scrambles clumsily, and his lungs feel as if they are on fire.

TZWAD7H.png
ありふれたあの日々をただ思い返す
終わりが来ることを待つ世界で
辛い過去も嫌な記憶も
忘れられないメロディーも
さよならなんだ

Current Season

Status Updates

Post hoarding this weekend as I’m not feeling too hot!
Thancred Waters wrote on Ruby Rose's profile.
Well, well, well. Look what the cat metaphorical and/or literal god dragged in.
Went to school for 14 years just to never use 80% of of what they taught me. Crazy.
Daniela Dimitrescu wrote on Bela Dimitrescu's profile.
Bela!!!!!!!!! i've missed you so much ;;

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maya Fey
Top Bottom