By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Complete Stranger-Than-Usual Things

This roleplay has reached its conclusion.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer hopes it won't happen again: being human is unpleasant. When he becomes himself again the relief is tremendous, all the worries about having to be human leaving him.

"Well, your hair is a bit longer at least." All he can think of to say after the abrupt change.

Reactions: Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„And you got to sleep.“ So they both got a little bit out of it, though it's nothing he'll enjoy repeating. „What's your plan to go on? Can't just hide inside all the time, right?“ Of course he'd help out where possible, but Palmer needs to feed and he can't help with that. And if he'd try and skip out as long as possible, that's just going to make him dangerous to be around.

Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Yeah.

"Well, I'm not gonna ask you to bring me food."
Too likely for it to be upsetting, or at least unpleasant, even if Daniel just gets feeders from the pet store. "I guess I could climb onto the roof and catch pigeons or something like that. Maybe swim way out and grab some fish?" Probably not a permanent solution, but fuck it.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“I'd not be a good hunter anyway” he replies with a soft smile. Though if Palmer needs anything else, he'll sure bring it. “And you're resourceful – why not go out in the night, when less people are out?” Never fully without contact, but it'll be something. “I guess I'd be fine the next time, now that I know what's coming” And that it'll be over eventually, with no harm. That'd at least give his friend the chance to go out and pick better furniture.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Late at night would probably be for the best, yeah." Would three in the morning be late enough? It better be. Fucking Pandora just had to come up with the worst possible thing to spring on him, didn't it? As if losing Eddie wasn't enough to deal with. If Daniel disappears on him too he's just going to give up. "Otherwise I'm gonna be stuck in here for the next few months, and I got a day job." Which is another thing he needs for stability. Speaking of which . . . "Aww fuck, what am I gonna do about my job?"

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Well, if you don't need the money, you could just call in sick? Or just not show up. People vanish here all the time and you can go back once it's over.” But then that'd pretty much confine Palmer to his small apartment the whole time and that would make anyone miserable. “How about you just call in sick for a week and see how it goes? Maybe it doesn't happen too often. Or only if you spend more time around someone.” No easy solutions. If he can go without his job for a while he could find a different house, remote, somewhere out without people.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I--yeah, I'll call in sick. Good idea." He relaxes a bit. Hopefully he'll be able to manage things until this bullshit stops. In any case his boss is some kind of witch or whatever, so if worse comes to worst she'll probably understand wanting to avoid the power swaps. But then he would have to admit that he has powers . . . damn it. He'd move in with Daniel if not for all the other people there. And, you know, being used to where he lives now.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Palmers worry is almost tangible, having the kid reach out and pat his arm. “You'll be alright” he assures him gently, wanting nothing more than for him to relax. It'd been nice to see him sleep, without the usual worry and he'd like to have him calm like that again. Especially since there isn't really a solution here, not unless he wants to hide for however long this lasts.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer takes a deep, entirely pointless breath and settles down a bit. Panicking won't get them anywhere. "I guess . . . I guess I could go out into the Wastes and steal someone's tag? Grab the dust out of it?" He's not sure if that would count for whatever is stealing powers, but he could at least try.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
He's just focusing on being calm himself, giving a good example and helping Palmer by proximity. “Alex got into one of that once – kept her from shifting.” Also meant that she was panicked after for ages, shifting just to feel she still could, but that was a problem for another time. And maybe it'd do him good to spend time as a human?

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer nods. "I'll consider it." Although God knows his paranoia is apt to flare up, since dying is so terribly easy for humans . . . ugh, this sucks. Probably better to just get the Dust and then be extra careful until this is all over.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel just hugs Palmer, not caring about the danger. It's his friend, he needs some calm and that's the only way he knows how to give it. “You'll be fine” he whispers. “You're good enough at being human, even without a safety net.” It's not forever and with the Dust Palmer will at least be in control of it.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer accepts the hug easily enough. The reassurances definitely help, too. "Thanks, man.

"I'll go get some Dust tomorrow, okay? It should help."
If he really needs to use his power he can always take it off.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Do that” He'll not ask how he intends to, if someone will die – that's Palmers discretion. Of course he knows it's possible, likely even since those tags aren't easy to come off. Though he supposes it's better, those criminals don't go there for no reason.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer nods and runs a hand through his hair. He'll have to figure out a few mutations that will work without needing to shift back and forth if he can, or else buy himself a couple of really good knives. Something to keep the paranoia from acting up too much.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel trusts that it'll be fine, that Palmer will adapt to this new reality. “And who knows – if you get used to working without your powers, we could do more things your paranoia dislikes.” Even if it'ad just be going out to eat in a restaurant for a chance.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
He nods: he'll probably get rid of the thing as soon as it feels safe to do so, but in the mean time he might as well try things he hasn't been properly capable of before. Restaurants are at the top of the list, along with anything that risks cuts. The constant vague fear of being found out will also plummet to basically nothing . . . why does he want to get rid of this thing again? Oh right, fear of death. And capture. And anything his powers might prevent.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel smiles, hopes that it'll be fine. That they can have fun together despite this. “And we can always go somewhere remote. I'll be alright having it for a while.” Not forever, he doesn't want that, and it was scaring to have it happen without being prepared – but overall it'll not hurt him, so why not?

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"As long as it can't jump to animals or some shit, that would be a Hell of a mess." It probably can't though, right? Otherwise someone would have mentioned housecats with super powers or some shit.

Current Season

Status Updates

sorry to the people i'm writing with, kind of all over the place lately. trying to work it out and get back to normal soon hopefully.
So sorry for the recent slowness! I'm gonna post hoard through the weekend and try and catch up in one fell swoop to reset a bit.
// if I disappear, I should be back this Saturday :) //
Zhongli wrote on Howl Jenkins Pendragon's profile.
hOW REMARKABLE THAT I MAY FIND AN EXCEPTIONAL WARLOCK SUCH AS YOURSELF ON THIS EXTRAORDINARILY CONVENIENT PLATFORM AS WELL.
SonicSora wrote on insomniacowl's profile.
watch yourself, little man, i'll get your clown shoes

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kazuha Kaedehara
Top Bottom