By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Strangers With Cocoa

theweasleyboys

Silly Denizen of the Sewer Tunnels
Species
Hummingbird
Occupation
Resident Snarker
Organizer
link
1/31/109

He sensed her before he saw her. A cautious but optimistic soul, young in age and yet rather familiar with the darker side of life...not that anyone would know this merely by glancing at her for a moment.

No, it would take a lot more observing to get a full understanding of her life, as well as her current state of mind. She had been on a troublesome path as of late, at least from where he was standing: shunning the company of young gentlemen, wearing masculine clothing, engaging in activities rather unbecoming for a young lady...and, dare he say it, uttering profanities like a common man of the sea. This simply could not do.

Two gloved fists would clench and loosen at the sight of her, almost as if he planned some kind of attack...if not instead remembering the feel of an absent weapon.

No, this would not do. Not as a slap in the face of civilized society, where men wore the suits and women, the gowns. Some sort of talking-to, perhaps, would be required for Miss Mayfield's unorthodox approach to living. In fact...if Mr. Delbert Grady guessed rightly, which he almost always did...he would need to correct her. Thoroughly...and soon.

The girl was about to turn the corner, a few happy thoughts snug in her mad little mind and a whistle coming out of her mouth. Good. He could feign his own delight at seeing her acting so lively..

"Ah, young Mistress Mayfield! I'm so honored to be meeting you at last!"

...For a while.

( @Max Mayfield )

Last edited:

Max Mayfield

Stranger Things
Species
Human
Occupation
Zoomer/Apothecary
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Max believed that she was finally safe. No, not just safe--free. A giant weight had finally been lifted from her shoulders, and because of this

(miracle)

, she could move freely at last.

In other words, she would no longer have any frightening older men dictating the terms of her life to her face. In their places, there would be Bo and Carrie instead, two ladies that had already proven themselves to be a little more egalitarian in their approach to living.

She certainly wouldn't object to this arrangement, all right! Not when she herself had agreed to it in the first place, and so saved herself from further loneliness altogether.

In fact, once she had started on her way home from the skate park, she amused herself for a little while longer by whistling the theme from 'Super Mario Bros.', a clear sense of accomplishment hanging in the air as she walked.

Then, without much of a warning...he came along.

"
'Meet me '...? "

Some guy in a butler's costume looked to have appeared out of nowhere, complete with a tray of...something. Something that she had a tiny feeling not to sample any time soon.

"
Not to be a dumbass, but I'm not meeting anybody, so...I'll be on my way now, all right? "

theweasleyboys

Species
Hummingbird
Occupation
Resident Snarker
Organizer
link
'Dumbass'. So it was going to be vulgarity today, and an insufferable amount of it. The word itself had some

(vile)

commonality behind it, given that it practically smacked of the low-born. He could just about envision the axe descending into her skull right now...not that any sign upon his face would give this away. No, by all outward shows, he remained respectable, even social...but only as long as he cared to.

"Surely you must know of the stories that precede you, Miss?" Grady replied smoothly, his welcoming smile never wavering.

"Your...friends back home certainly had a great deal to say about you..."

Max Mayfield

Stranger Things
Species
Human
Occupation
Zoomer/Apothecary
Alignment
Neutral Good
link

"...My friends...?"

This one got her attention, all right...and probably against her better judgment, too.

"
The guys back in Hawkins?"

By rights, she should have started running by now. Back to her current household, and without a single look back at this nutcase.

Unfortunately, that little nagging voice at the back of her mind suggested that she do otherwise...at least for a little while.

"
I don't suppose you'd know exactly what they're saying, because nobody can go between worlds the last time I checked...but what's your best guess?"

theweasleyboys

Species
Hummingbird
Occupation
Resident Snarker
Organizer
link
My dear girl, you have no idea...

Grady allowed himself no more than one cautious look downward, followed by a hesitant look back at this girl as though to suggest something unpleasant. He would need to bait her well, otherwise she could easily be convinced to run away...and possibly even inform upon him.

"You may not be prepared for what you might hear," he continued, lowering his tray just enough for her to think that he might be offering her some of its contents.

"Perhaps you might...enjoy some refreshment before we discuss things in detail?"

He could switch easily from alcoholic beverages to something a bit more...palatable. Only the most extreme discerning eyes would have been able to tell of the change, of course...and as for her, well...she would see whatever she wanted to see, the same as any other ordinary human being.

"I've already tested it myself, you see...so there shouldn't be anything of note besides a serving of regular hot chocolate."

Max Mayfield

Stranger Things
Species
Human
Occupation
Zoomer/Apothecary
Alignment
Neutral Good
link
Chocolate, strangers, and promises to tell her about the kids back home. This was just about the perfect combination to peak her interest in this odd man, never mind get everything she could about Hawkins from him. In fact, it was almost too good to be

(
Get a grip, Mad Max, he's obviously up to something)

true.

"
Just a little won't hurt me."

This should have been considered wrong, so horribly wrong. She should have seen this as a trap, and gotten the hell out of there.

Unfortunately, the need to hear about home, her second home before this one, turned out to be all the stronger. Strong enough to make her take a mug of that cocoa, and then sign herself up for the worst.

"
Okay...now what is it that you want to tell me?"

theweasleyboys

Species
Hummingbird
Occupation
Resident Snarker
Organizer
link
"Well, Miss Mayfield...I imagine that they must be rather...disappointed in you by now."

There was an odd, icy look in the man's eyes now--and, strangely enough, half of his usual warmth had suddenly vanished. If this girl didn't know better, she might have almost wondered if she had done something stupid, if not personal, to him directly...not that he had ever cared much for her feelings. In fact, the longer he spoke...the greater the possibility that he had never felt an ounce of concern for her at all.

"Just think on it a while...traveling the streets at all hours? Entering a home with no decent female role models? Speaking like a common sailor, and trying to act just as immorally? And if that's not embarrassing enough...you've deliberately chosen to take up masculine pursuits."

His pristine, thin eyebrows raised questioningly as he added in an even colder tone: "I can only begin to wonder what your mother would have to say about this..."

Max Mayfield

Stranger Things
Species
Human
Occupation
Zoomer/Apothecary
Alignment
Neutral Good
link

Max had been a little bit willing to give this man a chance. Not every adult was supposed to be mistrusted or feared, after all, because there were some halfway decent ones out there

(like Miss Dennis, and the kindly shop lady from Hawkins)

. Unfortunately, once this one started revealing what was really on his mind...she didn't think twice about doing the same.

"
What. The. Hell."

This had to be some kind of trick, if not someone's idea of a sick joke. She couldn't imagine where he could have possibly learned this stuff anyway, since she believed that nobody would be able to chat it up with someone from Hawkins if she couldn't do that first. Especially not some snobby Brit stranger in a fake butler's costume.

"
First of all, I don't think you've even met my mom, let alone talked to her. Second of all...what right do you have to talk about my friends that way?"

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Latebricole
Top Bottom