By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Community Feedback The Big XF 2.1 Post-Upgrade Issues and Bugs and Feedback Thread

Bremusa

Member of the Local Gay Hot Topic Society
Race
Monster Girl
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
ADDRESSED

I think these two should be swapped. It looks a little awkward.
Also, you can't select new BBcode in the BBcode editor, only in Rich text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rani

Oddie

Make Me Real
Race
Oddity
Occupation
Oddball
Organizer
link
Directory
link

I can see it's fine in Bremusa's screenshot and yeah. It's only minor, really! I have no idea though why mine is like that, but as you can see, the character quote text overlaps with the information box and the character name and fandom at the side often either goes out of the box or beyond the black line and overlaps the "want to add quote" depending on how long it is. Just as a heads up if anyone else is having this!

Edit: It looks better when you've got "small" selected for font size in preferences. This was under medium (default).

Last edited:

Keira

Player
Alignment
Chaotic Evil
Organizer
link
ADDRESSED

When replying to a thread, if you quote another post and then try and add that quote (as I do to copy over formatting), the text all appears in the Status text input box.

Also wow, my code sure broke.

EDIT: Was the removal of "Played By ___" on the mini-profile pop-ups for characters deliberate? Personally I really liked that feature as it made checking who plays who quick and easy!

• Wow

Kitty

help, i'm FEELING
Application Division
Race
Dragon
Organizer
link
This isn't a major bug or anything, but something I noticed: when I get alerts on my Maria Calavera account, the number shows up if I'm on my OOC account but when I check, it doesn't actually flag as being attached to Maria. For my other three accounts, the alerts show up in the drop down like normal. (And then when I switched to Maria's account, it marked the alert read so it looked like it didn't even get the alert at all.)

Here's a picture:

I'm on Firefox, Windows 10, if any of that matters.

Last edited:

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
Can't access the Canon List from the link above the featured character. I get this when I try:

I can't access the Canon List either, on my OOC account I see this
I've updated the Canon List link in the topbox navigation so that it points to the new Canon List instead of trying to load the old one that no longer exists.

Reactions: Steel

milk

hatching my skeleton
Plots & Events Division
Race
some sort of elf
Occupation
graphic designer
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
taken
Organizer
link
Just for everyone remembering even if we've talked about this:

At the present the RGBA support in sbox needs to be written. At the mo' if you use transparency in sbox the code panics and dies - aka disappears

Also the option to insert post templates appears to be missing !!!

ADDING MORE BECAUSE WE'RE TALKING AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO

Contrast is a bit squinty or as you said:
"orange on grey background is nearly as bad as black on dark grey background"

Last edited:

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link

I think these two should be swapped. It looks a little awkward.
Also, you can't select new BBcode in the BBcode editor, only in Rich text.
Thank you for your feedback! I have no plans at the moment to rework the theme layout, especially since that's always been the layout for the skin.

For the second issue, unfortunately we lost the bbcode buttons in the plaintext editor. That was an add-on for XF 1.5 and as of yet there is no equivalent for XF 2.1. I'll keep an eye out though!

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
When replying to a thread, if you quote another post and then try and add that quote (as I do to copy over formatting), the text all appears in the Status text input box.
I've confirmed this is a bug when the sidebar is on the left side (XenForo defaults with it on the right side). I've submitted a bug report, so just waiting for a fix now!

EDIT: Was the removal of "Played By ___" on the mini-profile pop-ups for characters deliberate? Personally I really liked that feature as it made checking who plays who quick and easy!
It wasn't deliberate, but with the brand new sub accounts add-on that was commissioned, this was one feature that didn't make it over. However, I'll look into readding it in a future update! I've added it to my list. :)

• Love
Reactions: Steel and Keira

milk

hatching my skeleton
Plots & Events Division
Race
some sort of elf
Occupation
graphic designer
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
taken
Organizer
link
FIXED
i'm already sorry for how many times i'm gonna quietly break the skin today since when at work i use it essentially in mobile view [half screen/everything collapsed] when on desktop.

anyway when you hit SEARCH while in this view, this happens:

i took the screenshot at the full length of the window which i knOW is tiny but wanted to give you an accurate visual of what is happening. i pulled the browser out to see how wide it takes to fix it and

this got the pieces back

when squished it goes back to just the mostly hidden X
though it clears when you tap the X to dismiss the search bar

this is far from OH NO EVERYTHING'S BROKEN i just thought i'd mention it <3

milk

hatching my skeleton
Plots & Events Division
Race
some sort of elf
Occupation
graphic designer
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
taken
Organizer
link
FIXED
before i forget: discord link in the sidebar is broken and brings you to a broken page on pandora itself ;;

Octi

The Helpful Octopus
Race
Disney Fairy
Occupation
Music Teacher
Alignment
Lawful Good
Organizer
link
ADDRESSED

ANOTHER ONE I'M SO SORRY!!!!

When I reply to a PM, the reply shows up, like ... in the sidebar all weird! It's fixed when I refresh, so I think it's just when you initially reply.

Reactions: Zee

Chip

hope is the greatest good of all
Race
Cool Ranch Dorito
Occupation
pandora's school idol
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
ADDRESSED
I noticed a buggy-bug that when you hit reply it actually generates the quote stuff and doesn't open up the new reply window!

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
I noticed a buggy-bug that when you hit reply it actually generates the quote stuff and doesn't open up the new reply window!
This is working as intended! The in-post reply link has always functioned as a quote + quick reply, even on XF 1.5.

XF 2 developers chose not to include a full page reply functionality, but I'll see if I can add that in a future update!

Rani

MODgician
Technical Division
Organizer
link
This isn't a major bug or anything, but something I noticed: when I get alerts on my Maria Calavera account, the number shows up if I'm on my OOC account but when I check, it doesn't actually flag as being attached to Maria. For my other three accounts, the alerts show up in the drop down like normal. (And then when I switched to Maria's account, it marked the alert read so it looked like it didn't even get the alert at all.)

Here's a picture:

I'm on Firefox, Windows 10, if any of that matters.
Do you happen to remember what specific alert Maria received?

Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

Severen wrote on Sebastian's profile.
Howdy. Ah guess you’re mah lil‘ baby boy now.
THE MUSE IS BACK!!! kind of. it's a process alsjfhalsjfhjasf. older threads are coming to me as a bit of a struggle, but i don't plan on dropping things. ♥ that said, if any of my partners are not feeling old things, now is definitely the opportunity to let me know and we can do something brandy new instead!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolyne Cujoh
Top Bottom