By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private The crow, the owl and the dove

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel looks irritated, not knowing the terms. “Stock market?” They probably didn't mean stock like wood, since he couldn't imagine this affecting people so much. “What's that got to do with your name?” Of course the kid won't know about any references, some things can't be taught through reading or asking.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer sighs, because he knows that trying to explain the stock market will just open up whole new vistas of ignorance for him to deal with. "It's for buying shares in companies and stuff like that. Have you ever heard of stockholders? The people who own companies?" An extremely simple explanation, but he's doing his best.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"The stock market is full of shit, and the guy I was named after was also full of shit," Bucky said, taking what seemed like a borderline angry puff from the joint. "Wanted to keep millions of people in slavery for no reason but being a cockeyed, fat headed, wishy-washy idiot who would rather wring his hands than make a decision that would anger anyone, so just managed to piss off everyone and ruin the whole damn country." He dragged off the joint again, scowling at nothing in particular. "Try not to think too hard about the folks who name their first kid after that."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Stockholders, shares, all that is unknown, the kid shaking his head - and leaving it for the moment, sensing there'd be too much tied up in it. Once, he could've told something about Kaede, how the Colonies were all company-ruled. But he forgot, the pilot-girl that could've become more than a friend, the realisation that the dream-cities his father talked about weren't any better than Republic, just different.
Better to talk about names, why parents choose them. "Well, I'm named after gold - Daniel Altan Wing" And given that they both likely barely knew his surname, he added: "I'm mongolian" You could see that, if you looked close, ignored the seemingly wrong colors of his hair and eyes.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"I ain't named for anything special, myself. David Palmer is a pretty average name all around." He tends to think of himself as Palmer anyway, the name David belonging to his old self. Palmer means pilgrim, so it's darkly fitting, but he won't go into that.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Well, there's more than one reason I tend to stick with 'Bucky'." He snorted a little. "I'm not sure what my background is. Pretty standard European ancestry, I think. My friend Steve was Irish...back when that apparently, you know, meant something."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„Your first name is David?“ That's a bit of a surprise, Palmer having never mentioned it before. Then again Daniel already asked what he wants to be called when they first had the discussion about what he was, so nothing will change now.

“I've never been there – it's what Republic noted under ethnicity. And Mum always said that Dad looked like a picturebook mongolian of the old times.” Not that she'd been able to explain just what that mean, no stories left to tell, connection loose. Still, it had been something to be proud of, a heritage away from Republic, the hope that people there did better, weren't caught in war.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Yeah, I just never use it. I don't particularly look like a David and it doesn't really fit my personality either." 'Palmer' is what they called him at the station, where his life really started, so Palmer it is.

"God knows I understand why you would want a connection outside of the Republic." Palmer carefully pats him on the shoulder. "I could probably find you a book on the history of the Mongols if I looked. Not sure if it would be perfectly accurate to your world, but it should be close enough."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky studied the two of them for a moment, tilting his head to one side, before nodding a little, scratching at his nose with his free hand. "Yeah. Daniel and Palmer, they...you look like those names, both of you."

He didn't seem to have a lot of input outside of that, watching the two of them conversing, a slight smile on his face at the fact that Daniel seemed to be rather cheerful with Palmer.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“True” Whatever his friends reasons, he'd call all of them by their preferred names, or pronouns, if the latter were important. And he still used 'Day' as a nickname, even if that one had been born out of desperation, meaning behind rather hopeless, when he'd expected to die, had been in too much danger to be a real person.

He smiles at the gentle touch – took them long enough to get to this level of comfortable, but it's nice to have. “I've looked for them before, but it's not the same. They were real people, not some story.” On top he is from the niche where light hair and eyes are a natural occurrence, opposite to all others, so that cuts the search down even more. And that's not even going into wishing for sources from his time, not something 200 years back that might be a completely different world.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer turns to Bucky. "So just how did you two meet exactly? Something about you freaking out?" He says it as gently as he can manage, not judging at all--he panicked too when he first arrived here, if in a much more subtle way. For that matter, he was only subtle due to being paranoid that he would be investigated in some way if he did so much as ask where he was. He quickly figured out that pretty much everything is normal in Pandopolis, but he could very well have screwed himself and everyone else over if his panic had overcome his paranoia.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Oh, well..." Bucky considered a moment before reaching out to take another can of beer. "When I showed up here, I was...about 24 hours out of escaping an organization of modern day terrorists who had been brainwashing and torturing me for actual decades in order to use me as their biological weapon while they tried to take over the world. I couldn't remember anything except them, and...a little bit of maybe what could be from my actual past. And then out of nowhere those weird black things just caught me, and I couldn't tell if it was a HYDRA weapon trying to haul me back into their hands or not. And I was suddenly surrounded by people in the bright sunlight instead of hiding in a random backyard overnight." He chuckled a little. "Everything was kind of...a shock to the system."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
This is why he wants to bring his two friends together – Palmer understands about freaking out, seeing shadows in every corner, while Bucky gets being a soldier against your will. Having never served, there is some lack when it comes to his experiences and these two deserve someone to talk to, someone else to be there when needed.

“You looked like a cornered animal, ready to murder the next person coming too close”
he recalled with a smile. Familiar, to himself, his first action in Pandora threatening an old lady with a knife, demanding to know where his brother is. “So figured better me than someone who can't defend themselves.” Not that he had too much of a plan on that either, counting on his better reflexes and a pair of magic knives. “Though I didn't expect you to run and hide under the benches in a church of all places”

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Sounds like either a James Bond movie or a comic book, but then Eddie had been a pretty blatant supervillain and even talked about comic book characters like they were real in his world. Combine that with the fact that his own life could easily be a horror story and Daniel walked right out of an over-the-top dystopia and Palmer reacts with nothing but solemn sympathy.

"Hopefully your life here gets better."
And if not then Palmer wouldn't mind getting rid of the problem for him. He hasn't killed anyone in--no, bad thought. Sane humans don't think like that and we're talking to someone who doesn't know.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"It's...been interesting here," Bucky said, shaking his head a little at that. "But at least I'm not still with HYDRA, so...even as bad as it can be here sometimes, I guess...at least it's not still that." He snorted. "Honestly, I...think I kinda do like it here better, for the most part."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel knows neither movies nor comics, treating everyone just like a normal person. Even when it was obvious someone might not take to this friendly. It's all he could do when Republic had denied him even that bit of acknowledgment. “A second chance” he agreed quietly. For him, for Palmer, for Bucky. “And you got Alpine and the kittens here”

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Kittens?" Old Palmer liked cats. New Palmer will at least rate them better than dogs, although that's not saying much. Better he not be around them, though. Too easy to infect one by accident. "Hopefully having them around helps."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Height
5'11"
Occupation
Fisherman/gardener
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"Well, they're...only barely kittens anymore," Bucky said with a chuckle. "They're going to be a year old in August..." Bucky glanced to Daniel with a grin. "Poor Daniel had to come deal with it when she started having them in my old trailer. I never saw...anything being born before and I was still freshly out of being an automaton and it was all just...really awkward."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Still in that awkward stage though” Not all grown yet, full of lanky limbs and unadjusted movements. Time passed so fast. Daniel laughed softly at the memory. “You called and said your cat was making more cats” No shame here, only amusement about the phrasing. And it all had gone well, Bucky seemingly liking to having them around. He could imagine how that'd help, albeit the kid himself preferred to have people around.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer chuckles. "That's one way of describing it, yes." He can just imagine how bewildered Bucky must have been to have responded to it like that. Admittedly Palmer would also need help with something like that, but he would at least know what to call it.

Current Season

Status Updates

sorry to the people i'm writing with, kind of all over the place lately. trying to work it out and get back to normal soon hopefully.
So sorry for the recent slowness! I'm gonna post hoard through the weekend and try and catch up in one fell swoop to reset a bit.
// if I disappear, I should be back this Saturday :) //
Zhongli wrote on Howl Jenkins Pendragon's profile.
hOW REMARKABLE THAT I MAY FIND AN EXCEPTIONAL WARLOCK SUCH AS YOURSELF ON THIS EXTRAORDINARILY CONVENIENT PLATFORM AS WELL.
SonicSora wrote on insomniacowl's profile.
watch yourself, little man, i'll get your clown shoes

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kazuha Kaedehara
Top Bottom