By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Mechanic, Last Chance Fixers
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer is not an expert at chess, not even as much as Mac was, but he's good for a few games at least before Daniel overtakes him. He envies that swift skill, but even the cold thing in him knows better than to try acquiring the genius of his friend-ally-notprey. Even if it worked it would not be worth the loss of his companion, and if he simply changed him the existential crisis likely to ensue would be unpleasant. Plus it would count as the start of an invasion, and Palmerthing is trying to live under the radar.

He blinks away the momentary thoughtful stare and moves another piece. The statue quo is still the best he's likely to get any time soon, even with Eddie gone. Best not to change it.

Reactions: Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Given that both his parents were low workers, his older brother dyslexic (not that Republic cared), he is an genetic outlier, as much as his skill got influenced by circumstances. But Palmer also saw the dark side of it, the nightmares from never forgetting, the countless triggers. He'd seen him break down overwhelmed by his own senses. Fragile as his mind is from trauma he'd likely not come out of such a change the same.

Daniel of course noticed the stare and held it until Palmer pulls himself back together, smiling a bit at that. Not on the edge, just aware of the possible danger and doing the best to prepare for it.

Reactions: Palmer

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer is surprised by the smile, since there's no way Daniel could have missed what that stare meant. "Sorry about that, man, I'm just . . . having a bit of trouble thinking straight." Simplest way of putting it, and Daniel will understand why.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“I know” is his gentle reply. For sure he didn't misjudge the look, learning what it means early enough. But being scared wouldn't help Palmer, only adding to the paranoia of loosing the friendship, driving him away. So he isn't, showing him instead that even through this he'll stay unchanged. Patting his friends arm he nods to the board. “Your turn”

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer nods and moves a knight out protectively. "I'm glad you're willing to be my friend, Daniel. I don't know what I'd do if everyone I knew was either unaware or terrified of me." Which is the easiest way to sum up just about everybody else he knows. (His boss at the fix-it shop might know, but he hasn't dared to ask so that doesn't really count.)

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
„Why would they be terrified? You're not hurting anyone. Just try to live.“ Though he can understand to an extend. Daniel saw so many terrible things that only forgetting about them helped, so a fake human needing living food is by far not the worst, as long as Palmer isn't the low threshold of 'don't hurt me' the kid has for friendships. There've been other friends here who could easily manipulate or hurt him but choose not to, so he got good experiences to back this up.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Mostly because people are afraid of monsters." Palmer sighs. "I could change them, eat them, far too easily. There are a lot of people who respond to that kind of thing with trying to kill us first." Admittedly this world probably won't be as dangerous that way, but Palmer doesn't trust that sort of thing.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“So could I. So could a child. So could any animal.” People had no idea how scary the world could be, how everything could kill you on a moments notice if you weren't careful. A miracle Daniel wasn't much more paranoid, after growing up in a world where you couldn't trust anyone, anything. There were too many monster you couldn't see or spot right away – your neighbor, the water, planes, rats, sickness and death. “And you don't even look like one”

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Most people are pretty oblivious about that sort of thing." A rueful smile. "And yeah, unaware is the other option. Probably the better option, really. I prefer people knowing and not caring, since then I don't have to hide, but if they learn and panic . . ." He'd rather not kill any people he likes.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel sighs a bit, never liking to get pointed out all the ways he isn't like average people. “You trusted me enough to tell it” he reminds Palmer softly. A honor, even if he figured out way earlier, only choose not to show out of respect for other peoples secrets. Took even longer after that for his friend to be comfortable showing everything else, learning that whatever he did, Daniel wouldn't be scared.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"True. On the other hand you didn't actually have weapons that could seriously hurt me." He sighs. "I'd have been very sad if you tried, though." Few people carry weapons that would really hurt him, but he's still afraid of news getting out. And of course he'd rather not have to kill his friends.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“After you just told me that it'd be dangerous, unhealthy, that you're a disease? That'd be stupid” Still he laughs, that day a fond memory now. “And there I was worried about getting you mixed up with the Commune” Now they hopefully were past that – Daniel wouldn't let his secret out or try to hurt him.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"There are always people crazy enough to try. Especially if they think they can just get rid of the threat and win--but luckily you're not that stupid." He chuckles a bit at the memory as well. "Yeah. Meanwhile I could take out the average police patrol in five minutes flat. Not your fault you thought I was human, of course, since that was kinda the whole point."

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Oh, I could too” Only with a different method, leaving survivors. But in a way they were both soldiers, had similar enough experiences. “I mean, I didn't think you were human. Just not something with much more skill beyond one.” Palmer hadn't wanted to know since when he knew, so he never told him. Though likely he'd figured out by now that it had been pretty much since the beginning.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"True--the average police patrol is a bunch of dunces. But you would at least be taking a bit of a risk." Not much of one, but you never know when some complete idiot might get lucky. "And wasn't your knowing a shock! But you thought I was mostly human, which is close enough." And might have saved his life. Hard to know what Palmer would have done if Daniel had already known the details of his nature, but the panic would have been that much worse.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Daniel shrugged a bit, not having the best risk evaluation when he'd always been better than others. “There's risk everywhere.” They talked about the risk of that situation once, with Edgar, who'd put up the mental barrier that likely saved his life. “Wouldn't have changed much. Still wouldn't get you tangled up in something that's growing to be a civil war” He's seen how this can turn out.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
Palmer has some idea of the danger involved, his old self was a war protester. But that's not his focus right now. "It might have changed my reaction. Dunno how much you'd have had to know for me to snap, man, but it's probably less than I'd like." Best if he not think about it any longer.

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Since this situation is past them, they don't have to dwell on it. “If I'd forgotten coming back, would you've told me again?” It's important to him, he doesn't want to loose friends over something so fickle as memory. Then again Palmer might've been more comfortable pretending to be a human, it's not his part to decide that.

Palmer

The Thing
Species
Thing
Height
6'1"
Occupation
Relationship Status
Impossible
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Character Development
link
"Fuck, man, I dunno. Likely, since you were okay with it the first time, but I'd be worried you wouldn't cope as well again. That would've really sucked, actually, I'm glad it didn't happen." He gives his friend a careful, careful hug. "You think it would be okay?"

Daniel Wing

Legend
Alias
Day
Species
human
Height
5'10 / 1,78
Occupation
Merchant
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
“Yeah, I suppose. Confusing maybe, since I wouldn't remember you being a friend... but then a lot of acceptance comes from living with Alex and I wouldn't remember her either.” He can't tell. Daniel has always been open to things, took Alex being a genderfluid shapeshifter fine too, but he'd be a rather different person. More scared. Less open. “Guess if it'd been in the same spot, Edgar would've fixed it?” He smiles a bit, at the hug too.

Current Season

Status Updates

Kazuma Kiryu wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Happy birthday, Majima-no-niisan.
Taiga Saejima wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Oi, kyoudai. Happy Birthday.
My condolences to the state of the Alliance for I will never disparage a dead man. May Mr. Jordan never be forgotten, for better or for worse.
Putting this out to announce we'll be having a Moon Destruction Album release coming out the day of the big boom, come pick up a physical album at your local record store or download it off starknet...or just steal I ain't a cop.
basically for those who don't wanna click on the spoiler in my previous status, the short version is that I'll be taking a weeklong (possibly longer or shorter) break from posting and I'm really sorry if you're waiting on me

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $190
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James T. Kirk
Top Bottom