By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open the prompt garden

Xiao Xingchen

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Hermit
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Mourning
link

the prompt garden

hello friends! i really enjoy using prompts for thread ideas and was hoping to drop some of the thoughts i had here and see if anybody wanted to claim them, discuss them, plot them out, etc etc! we can plot right here in this thread or you can pm me! i can also plot via discord, but i only give that only privately, so shoot me a pm if you want it!

character overview
jin ling bratty rich kid stuck living in ark city's sunshine orphanage. he hates it, all the kids suck, he regularly wants to fight them all. cultivator. has a beautiful sword left to him by his father that never leaves his side ever.

xiao xingchen blind tech-phobic swordsman living east of ark city just over the river in a lonely little hut, will probably move a similar vales hut next season bc there are not cars and crazy tech noises everywhere. kindest person you will ever meet. cultivator. has a beautiful sword that can basically sense if you are dead or alive.

prompts
001. our characters find a pair of spiritual/magical journals which allow them to communicate with each other. when somebody writes in theirs, their penmanship appears on the connected journal's pages. magical pen pals, essentially. anonymous, free of judgment, the perfect confidant. ( @Vlad Țepeș )

002. our characters nurse an injured magical creature to health together. they could have joint custody, so to speak, of their mystical friendo or they could become a reason for fairly regular visits from your character! ( @Luke Skywalker )

003. our characters simultaneously come across a magical artifact that puts them in each other's shoes. literally. the pair trades bodies - abilities, handicaps, quirks, and all. ( @Scott McCall )

004. our characters have a very old mutual friend with a birthday coming up. by very old, let's say ... 500. said mutual friend specifically requested their cake feature 500 candles and our characters must work together to fit 500 candles onto the cake. not one less. ( @Vlad Țepeș

005. our characters have been recruited to take care of a couple of dragons nearby and return their stolen treasure to its rightful owners, but it turns out they are retired and just want to live a simple stress-free life. ( @Ruby Rose )

006. a magician (possibly a fraud) tells character a that the first words your soulmate says to them will appear on their skin. character b's first words appear on character a's skin. what do they do??? ( @Severen )

007. my character comes across yours cursed with magic and struggling to breathe in cascade bay. with the threat of death looming, he delivers you swiftly to the infirmary and waits as long as it takes for recovery. [ this is occurring in a thread with an NPC, but would love to fill the role and involve someone else ] ( @Toshiko Sato )

008. your idea? feed me.

Last edited:

Dharke

I wish David Morrissey had been in Slipstream.
Race
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
Yay, welcome back, Octi! Knew you couldn't stay away long.

I have volunteers to take a couple prompts, but no pressure to agree to any!

@Luke Skywalker:

002. our characters nurse an injured magical creature to health together. they could have joint custody, so to speak, of their mystical friendo or they could become a reason for fairly regular visits from your character!
Can it look like a fathier? :p

If you're feeling nasty to Xiao, I could offer one of my bad guys, @Justin L. McCay or @Severen for shits and giggles and crack when it comes to this prompt:

006. a magician (possibly a fraud) tells character a that the first words your soulmate says to them will appear on their skin. character b's first words appear on character a's skin. what do they do???

Reactions: Xiao Xingchen

GhostOfHalloweenPast

local vampire nerd & space geek
Forum Upkeep Division
Race
kuo'ma
Occupation
Writer & Half-Time Witch
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
oh oh oh me !!
-shoves Vlad your way-
he already lives in the Vales bc I want him to get a castle at some point maybe so this would be perfect, right? he's also a generally warm and protective person; and a vampire, so Xingchen's sword will likely tell him that he's not alive any longer aklgfgf

onto the prompts bc wow these are great

001. our characters find a pair of spiritual/magical journals which allow them to communicate with each other. when somebody writes in theirs, their penmanship appears on the connected journal's pages. magical pen pals, essentially. anonymous, free of judgment, the perfect confidant.
This could be a very laid back series of comm threads that I'm very much down for. ;;

003. our characters simultaneously come across a magical artifact that puts them in each other's shoes. literally. the pair trades bodies - abilities, handicaps, quirks, and all.
ohOHohOHoHoHHoho this could happen across the span of a few days or like one or two weeks until they figure out how to switch back! enough time to create (good, non-ugly) drama and chaos, especially once Vlad's wife is in Pandora as well!

004. our characters have a very old mutual friend with a birthday coming up. by very old, let's say ... 500. said mutual friend specifically requested their cake feature 500 candles and our characters must work together to fit 500 candles onto the cake. not one less.
Joke's on you. Vlad's already 500 years old. he knows that pain. he would very much like to help this poor mortal getting all those candles on there.

I'm basically down for either of those, so pick whichever you like more! 001 and one of the other two can also be done simultaneously, since 001 is obviously anonymous and all! <3

Xiao Xingchen

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Hermit
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Mourning
link
@Dharke
Hi, Dharke! What can I say, I just want to write. <3

Luke Skywalker & 002 : IT'S SO FUNNY LOOKING AND KIND OF CUTE!! I had this beauty in mind, but I'm honestly super flexible!!!

Severen & 006 : Okay sO I'M PUTTING DOWN SEVEREN because I think this could actually be really interesting given he's a vampire and Xiao Xingchen has a sword that can sense the dead lasjhflajhflasjh. Which would leave him very confused because where he comes from, corpses are not generally full of, you know ... personality and will alsjfhalsjhflasjf. Some are, but that's on very specific occasions that he hasn't really encountered before. I'm super up for this scenario!!! Did you want Severen to be character a or character b? I have no preference here ~

Also I know it's the end of the season (I think, I'm not 100% sure what is going on at any given time). Xingchen shows up like really close to the end of May. I can squeeze in a thread, but if you prefer to wait (or start writing on the side or via PM pre-season change), that works, too! Honestly, I'm pretty flexible all around.

But no, I'm loving having some antagonistic presences around in his life, especially since he's not as helpless as the world would generally think he is and I'd love the chance to play with that at some point!

@GhostOfHalloweenPast
Um so I love Vlad so much, he's like my favorite Dracula ever, come at me, world.

001 : This prompt is so weirdly fitting for them, I love it!!! Series of super chill comm threads would be a lot of fun, and a great lead in for a second prompt, too!! Maybe we could start it toward the super super tail end of May and have them continue into next season before they actually meet face to face.

004 : I actually love both of the other two prompts you selected, but I went with this one because I just thinks it's really cute for some reason LOL! We can probably put a ... what's the phrase, um ... put a pin in it ... we can probably set it aside until after the season changes and bang out the comm stuff in the meantime and have them get to know each other via magical journal first, maybe! Does that work, do you think?

GhostOfHalloweenPast

local vampire nerd & space geek
Forum Upkeep Division
Race
kuo'ma
Occupation
Writer & Half-Time Witch
Alignment
True Neutral
Organizer
link
Directory
link
that would absolutely work with me, yes! gods, yes, this dracula is so good ugh

it would likely make a lot sense if one of them starts writing in theirs, thinking it's just a notebook and using it as a diary, and then the other chimes in when they realize suddenly words appear on the pages of this notebook they found wth??

I can start that, if you like? :3 any specific date?

Dharke

Race
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
We sort of had the same idea in mind when it came to the animal (horse-like body). But let’s go with yours because a fathier’s probably too big! :D

I’m not sure whether to pick character a or character b in prompt #6!

If Severen was character a, I imagine him trying to encourage his “soulmate” to commit Acts of Evil. He'd also attempt to bite and turn him at some point.

Or if he was character b, he’d have fun stringing Xingchen along and laughing behind his back. After the novelty wore off, he would probably attempt to drain him dry.

Does one of these options sound more appealing than other? Otherwise we could determine characters a and b by my mortal enemy, RNG?

I’m also happy to start right away or after the season change. Could always have a short 'n' sweet thread before the season change, then do a longer continuation afterwards?

Xiao Xingchen

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Hermit
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Mourning
link
@Dharke
PERF!! Where is Luke located? Xingchen is pretty strictly in Centria, in his little hut outside of Ark City, but I could also swing Cascade Bay! Although is it okay if we perhaps held off on this one until after the season change?

For the Severen prompt, I ... just realized that Xingchen would actually have to be character b ... because he is super blind and will not be able to read anything that appears on his arm LOL! The amount of times I will forget this. But yeah, I definitely don't mind because I love every scenario you've popped up!

Let's do a short thread before the season change! Should be easy enough for me to give Xiao Xingchen a reason to scurry off sooner rather than later, he's a bit of a hermit these days. Do you want to start or should I?

Dharke

Race
Tiger Man
Alignment
Lawful Evil
Organizer
link
I can come up with a reason to have Luke travel anywhere in Pandora, so Centria is okay! And I'm fine with waiting until next season. :)

Hahaha! Well, the word "shitkicker" could've always popped up in Braille on Xingchen's arm? :p But I'm good with making Severen character a!

In that case, I should probably start! When is Xingchen free in late May?

Xiao Xingchen

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Hermit
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Mourning
link
@Dharke
Awesome, I’ll write us a note so that I don’t forget and we can pick it up next season!

for dates, what about May 29th, would that work?

Toshiko Sato

Torchwood
Race
Human
Occupation
Public Affairs Assistant
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
#ForeverAlone
link
Organizer
link
Octi dear <3 I come here with Tosh, and I kinda would love to do 007 with you! I don't know what thread is happening with the NPC, but it could totally be Tosh! She's come back with previous memories of Pandora, and since she was about to be taught some magic before her teacher disappeared, she does have a super curiosity for it, and I wouldn't be surprised if she got into something cursed!

Xiao Xingchen

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Hermit
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Mourning
link
@Toshiko Sato
Hi rune <333 I love Tosh!!! The thread for that is here! It's not super far and I ended up time-skipping the heck out of it, so there's tons of room for interpretation and stuff! I also described the person he rescued as a guy, but I can definitely go in and edit it if you are still interested. =O We could do maybe some kind of, like, aftermath thread where she wakes up and he is sitting in the room with her or something!

Toshiko Sato

Torchwood
Race
Human
Occupation
Public Affairs Assistant
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
#ForeverAlone
link
Organizer
link
Aww, he's so sweet! Yes I'd totally love that! Would you want me to start it, or would you rather do so?

Xiao Xingchen

The Untamed
Race
Human
Occupation
Hermit
Alignment
Lawful Good
Relationship Status
Mourning
link
@Toshiko Sato
Yayyy, I'll go edit the thing, then! Would it be okay if you started this? o: It's okay if not, I definitely can! It just might have to wait a bit because I've got some livestream stuff to deal with today!

Toshiko Sato

Torchwood
Race
Human
Occupation
Public Affairs Assistant
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
#ForeverAlone
link
Organizer
link
I totally can! Should it be dated for the day after that thread, or the same day, or something else?

Current Season

Status Updates

It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?
Posts will be short due to being written on the phone. No internet outside of that, but my unannounced hiatus is finally over!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midoriya Izuku
Top Bottom