By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private The Sun also Rises on Those Who Fail the Call

Lady Margolotta

Discworld
Race
Vampire
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
link
Organizer
link

[box=#2122b, none, 9px solid #810e41]

January 2, Y109

@Hades

The large white sphere of the full moon was shining bright on the black velvet sky. Everything was silent. A cloud of black appeared against the night sky, covering the moon before it descended. Dozens of black bats, flapping their wings, descended even lower, until they almost reached the ground. A careful observer might have noticed them carrying a red dress and a pair of stilettos.

They moved further, across the wasteland and towards the thick forest, barely visible in the distance. Perhaps they would have ended up in the forest, but the mind controlling the flock found something more interesting much, much closer. Focused on their new destination, the bats ascended again, moving swiftly over the broad wasteland and into the night. The darkness seemed to be tangible around the stone fortress which sat proudly in the middle of the desert. There was nothing hopeful or cheerful about it; quite the contrary, the old, weathered walls and high towers had an ominous air about them. The bats flocked together, waving their little wings as they moved up, up and up, all the way towards the castle. What was it, biology, history or habits, that drove vampires towards ominous castles everywhere? Perhaps it was just a natural connection.

The windows were high and narrow, but large enough to let in such tiny creatures as bats if they could rearrange their formation and organise themselves adequately. Luckily, the single mind controlling 168 little bodies could organise nearly anything. Once inside, the bats flocked together, carefully filling the dress with their little bodies and forming a female figure... and then they were gone. It only took a couple of moments. The woman straightened her clothes and put on the shoes that were casually dropped on the ground next to her. A lonely bat was circling around her head. Her perfectly manicured hand grabbed it and casually returned it to its place, as the winged creature transformed into a lock of dark hair. With innate elegance and an air of arrogance, the woman walked around the room, looking around with mild interest. Her inquisitive mind drove her to explore the other rooms as well (it was only nosiness when other people were involved) and she progressed slowly down the corridors and the flights of stairs. Her exploration had mostly been uneventful, but a large bookcase in the corner drew her attention and made her smirk. Gods, she loved secret passages.

A few minutes later, she found herself in another dark, gloomy corridor, underground. There couldn't be a decent castle without dungeons, it was an unwritten rule of undead architecture. The owners usually kept a variety of items for entertainment: torture devices, secret laboratories or… seemingly inconspicuous books and scrolls? Margolotta approached one of the books and looked inside. It was written in a language she couldn't read. That was odd. Suddenly, she straightened up, a smug smile gracing her face. "It's alright, I know who you are, Igor, so just take me to your master, will you."
[/box]

Reactions: Hades
H
H

Hades

Hades’ potion was so tantalizingly close to being finished. He had slaved over the potion day and night, stripping magic from mortals’ bodies and scouring the land for every magical herb he could get his hands on. The potion would restore his body to its former glory: immortality. He would no longer have to partake in these horrible, embarrassing chores of eating and sleeping.

Hades had the base of the potion all stirred up, it glistened and bubbled in the large cauldron. While the liquid itself was turquoise blue, it glowed with an almost golden hue, shimmering and emitting enough light to light up the room. The God stood over the big swirling pot, staring at his creation, practically drooling at it. It was marvelous.

He reached over to the shelf beside him and picked up a vial that contained a white shimmery powder. He popped open the cork cap and took a sniff before dumping its contents into the brew and stirring. The powder instantly transformed the potion from turquoise into a brilliant violet color, glistening with flecks of gold.

He continued to stir, yellow eyes glowing as they fixated on the liquid. Just a few more ingredients, a bit more magic. He’d be all set. And then Hades heard a noise.

He looked up from the cauldron, frowning. Suddenly his body began to seemingly melt. It started with the tails of his tunic that slowly transformed into smoke, rising into the air. Then the rest of his body and finally his limbs and fiery hair, gone. Smoke in the air.

The God floated through his base, finding the source of the noise, irritation already brimming in his mind. A few moments later and Hades found the source of the noise, a woman! Not only in the castle, but she somehow found her way into the secret depths of his fortress. When the smokey apparition assembled itself into a large body a few feet behind her, Hades was scowling.

Igor? What in Tartarus’ name was she talking about? Hades’ gaze bored into the back of the woman’s head with angry narrowed eyes. She was a beautiful woman and seemed to know that. She wore a tiny red dress that perfectly complimented her dark hair.

Hades wasn’t Zeus though; he didn’t give in to the allure of a woman. He wasn’t about to cut her any slack for infiltrating his fortress. ”I’m sorry, Igor? The name doesn’t ring a bell,” Hades said, floating towards her. ”You’re in luck, because I AM the master of this wonderful dungeon that you’ve somehow managed to find. Tell me sweetheart, how did you manage to get in here? Obviously, I’ve got some security issues and I’d really like to take care of them ASAP.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lady Margolotta

Lady Margolotta

Discworld
Race
Vampire
Alignment
Lawful Neutral
link
Organizer
link

[box=#2122b, none, 9px solid #810e41]

Margolotta had lived in different castles her entire unlife and thus she considered herself an expert in all matters relating to castles. She had developed at least half a dozen techniques to recognise a secret passage. One only had to know where to look. Of course, in Uberwald, having an Igor as your butler was mandatory. Any noble family who cared about reputation had an Igor. And once you grew used their… well, rather strange appearance, you realised they were very, very good at their job. They appeared seemingly out of nowhere, without making a sound and they were very, very good at keeping secrets. That was Uberwald, but this was Pandora and it seemed that the rules that applied to Discworld didn’t necessarily apply to this Boxworld.

The man who stood behind her was definitely not an Igor. Oh, he his appearance was rather unusual, but in a completely different manner. Her dark red eyes widened in surprise when he floated towards her. It seemed that the man’s entire body, including his hair, was made of smoke. Extraordinary, really, for she had never seen such a creature before and she was from Uberwald, the place where all creatures from stories and nightmares ran freely, argued and started their own political parties.

A vampire, or this vampire at least, was first and foremost a lady and it did not become a lady to stare or ask improper questions such as: What on the Disc are you?! So, she made a small curtsy and smiled her best, most radiant smile.

“Pleasure to meet you.” She said, smiling and seemingly ignoring his questions about security breaches. “My name is Lady Margolotta von Uberwald” she introduced herself, looking around the dungeon with genuine interest on her face and then her eyes travelled back to the man. His skin seemed greyish, almost blue in colour under this light, how odd. “And oh, darling, I’m far too old to be called sweetheart.” She slowly made a few steps to the side, looking around the room. She smiled at the man over her steepled fingers. “You wanted to build a fortress far away from the people and the noise. Understandable. Yet, you did overlook potential security issues, which makes me wonder if you did it intentionally, to draw the curious visitors in.” It was a story that she knew very well. She’d lived like that for centuries in Uberwald, it was the scenario that everyone knew, and everyone knew exactly the role they had to play. Many a brave lad had come knocking on her door, looking for shelter. They would get their little adventure; she would get their blood, and everyone would be happy. But the question was: what did this strange man want?

“I’m not a curious visitor, though, I just need to stay away from the sun.”
[/box]

Reactions: Hades
H
H

Hades

It didn’t surprise Hades when the woman turned around and revealed a radiant smile on a pretty face. Her introduction was a long one for sure. ”Wow, that’s a mouthful. Do I have to address you by all that?” he asked jokingly. He would’ve come up with his own little nickname for her but he didn’t want to offend so soon. ”My name is Hades—just Hades. Ruler of the Underworld and God of the dead. The pleasure is all mine.” With that, Hades stuck out a hand to her for a handshake, grinning.

”Is that so? Then I’m too old to be called ‘darling,’” he responded to her comment with a mischievous smile. He was no longer angry about an intruder, a sharp woman like this had to be approached with cunning.

Hades casually watched her look around the room they were in. It was nothing grandiose, just an old room full of bookshelves and paintings. The God was impressed by Lady Margolotta’s analysis of the situation. She suggested his ‘security issues’ might be intentional. That was far from the truth but it made him look better so hey, Hades could roll with that. He didn’t respond, leaving her the benefit of the doubt.

As he got a better look at her, Hades saw flecks of red glimmering in her eyes, just as the light struck them at a certain angle. Old age? Staying away from the sun? ”Let me guess, you’re a vampire?” Hades asked honestly, taking a few strides towards her. He’d seen vampires before in Pandora so he knew the old stereotypes.

”If you need a place to hide from the sun you’re more than welcome to stay,” Hades said, ”but this old room hardly displays any of the splendor of my sanctuary.” He placed a hand on the small of her back and led her towards the door. If he was going to have a visitor, he was going to be the most hospitable God there ever was. ”Please, let me give you a tour. Would you like something to drink? Wine perhaps?” His wine cellar carried an impressive array of aged drinks.

Reactions: Lady Margolotta

Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

THE MUSE IS BACK!!! kind of. it's a process alsjfhalsjfhjasf. older threads are coming to me as a bit of a struggle, but i don't plan on dropping things. ♥ that said, if any of my partners are not feeling old things, now is definitely the opportunity to let me know and we can do something brandy new instead!
((this silly bby has a super cool and sad animated movie out !! if anyone who wants to watch, let me know and i'll give u links <3 <3 ))
You would think if someone invested in man-eating plants for a greenhouse they would think to warn people ahead of time...

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolyne Cujoh
Top Bottom