By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private The Tale of My Jilted Pirate Captain Lover

Jaskier

The Witcher
Race
Human
Occupation
Barker of Wonderous Tales
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Love me!
Organizer
link
Alternatively Titled: Help Geralt, Help!

Date: April 1, Y109
Tag: @Geralt of Rivia

Jaskier had settled down in his new life on Pandora, and he had wasted no time in finding others to keep him company. Jaskier's new, yet old friend, Ciri had found him and brought him here, but she would sometimes disappear for days on end, and that just left Jaskier with an empty, Geralt-sized hole in his social calendar. Despite the fact that the last time they had been together, it had ended in a one-sided blow up over that crazy witch woman, Jaskier really did miss the Witcher. He would forgive him, but only after the other apologized for his words. Really, that was just a formality. Jaskier had already forgiven the man, but he still wanted the closure.

Just like his old life, the non-Geralt spots on his social calendar were filled up with women. His latest muse had already ended in a break up, a rather.... dramatic break up, of which he had already chronicled in song.

A song that he was singing at this moment in the Salty Serpent, a tad bit run down tavern buttressed up against the docks of Cascade Bay, where the cities sailors and humble folk came to rest their sea legs, have a drink, and spend some coin. Hopefully also spare a couple for their evening's entertainment.

"
"It began on a fateful midsummer eve:
I was the most dashing bard around,
She was the most beautiful pirate captain.

She was my lover,
My fearsome lover,
My pirate captain.

We used to drink so well together,
Back then.
We wanted to sail together, around the world,
We wanted it all.

Like the sea, she grew so wild
One moment all was calm,
The next day, not.

'Til one day I found her and the barmaid
wrestling on the bar room floor.
At first I thought her to be in trouble,
until I realized it was so much more.

I thought my heart had broken,
I thought my soul had burst into flames,
But still, she is in my thoughts.

I think about how it all changed that eve,
That fateful midsummer eve.
When I think of that jilted pirate captain,

That jilted pirate captain and me."

Jaskier ended the note low and strong, expecting rounds of applause and coin thrown at his feet, but instead, he got the usual squinty-eyed stare, a couple awkward claps, and a jeering wolf whistle - to which he straightened up with pride, and then deflated a little when he realized it was in jest.

"Is that what you sing 'bout me, eh, Jaskier?" came the shrewd, cold, feminine voice from the doorway. All business stopped, eyes and chairs shifting to watch.

Jaskier's back stiffened and he felt his heart skip several beats as it tried to jump from his chest. Whipping around, he laid eyes on the object of his muse - Edrea Gnash, a fearsome woman with sharp features and a curvy silhouette. A tangle of wild dark hair flew out in volume and fell about her shoulders. Wearing a loose blouse that puffed out at the sleeves and a pair of tight fitting pants with high boots, it was no wonder Jaskier had fallen smitten with her. But now, her eyes grew flinty and her hand had strayed to the hilt of her rapier on one side of her hip and the the grip of her blunderbuss on the other.

Jaskier's mouth form an 'O', and his lute slipped down from where he had held it to hang across his chest by the strap around his shoulders. His hands went up, pleading for peace. "A-ah, well.. No. It's just a cautionary tale. Flowery words. Not necessarily... true."

"Cautionary tale? How much of your cautionary tale is necessarily true?"
she said, stepping forwards in the tavern towards him.

"N-now, Edrea, darling..."

"It's Captain Edrea and you are no darling to me. Come here!"

"Ah- no. Now let's just talk this out!"
Jaskier yelped, dodging behind one of the large wooden structural beams in the center of the tavern.

"Oh, aye. I think you've done enough talkin', you little dandy weasel!" she snapped, and when she had had enough of dancing around the pillar to try and get at him, she grasped the gun to pull it free from its holster. Jaskier brought his lute up, as if it deflect whatever would come at him with it. These were likely the last moments of his life. He only hoped his last song would be as big of hit as the rest of them.

• Love
Reactions: Geralt of Rivia

Geralt of Rivia

The Witcher
Race
Witcher
Occupation
Monster Hunter
link
Harbor Town came into view as the ship Geralt was riding on pulled into the harbor, hanging from whaling ropes was the massive beast he’d been hunting, some shark headed beast with a long winding body like a serpent and two strong short finned arms. It had been scuttling ships along the seabed to devour the crews. Witcher’s weren’t usually sailors but he knew how to throw a javelin, so a harpoon wasn’t much different. They’d skewered the thing almost a dozen times before it went down, and then had to be quick about hauling it onboard. Geralt was just glad he was getting paid separate from the crew. Meant he wasn’t cutting down on his reward. Geralt stepped off the moment they were secured to the dock and approached the merchant who’d hired him. “Found the thing hiding near a crevice, couple wrecked ships still visible through the waves. Could probably salvage most of it but I’d drop some charges in their to clear any eggs out.” He wasn’t sure if it was female or not but it was better to be safe than sorry. He was passed his coin and secured it to his belt. It had been a long couple of days at sea so he figured it was best to rest up at a tavern.

He heard the music from outside, and noticed the eye catching pirate approaching the place. It had to be him. Only he could get himself into this much trouble. Only he could be stupid enough to debut a song like that in the middle of the town the subject lived in. Geralt was quick to move in, following the woman in and putting a hand on his sword, drawing it as she raised the blunderbuss and bringing the blade down on the barrel to force the barrel against the floor. “Listen the bard’s an idiot, and for my money he was the one probably wrestling with a barmaid but I can‘t let you kill him.”

• Love
Reactions: Jaskier

Jaskier

The Witcher
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Love me!
Organizer
link

Jaskier was quite certain that his lute-playing days were coming to an end. There would only be so much dodging and weaving around the post before Edrea would inevitably catch him. And sure as he thought it, a gun went up and he cowered behind his lute, waiting for his end to come swiftly and, hopefully, painlessly, although he doubted that would be the case.

And then it never came, and before he could peek behind the instrument to see what the wait was, a familiar, gravely voice spoke up in his defense (a back-handed defense if there ever was one, but he was used to those by now). Jaskier immediately brought the lute down from in front of his face and chest, eyes wide, mouth slightly agape as he stared at Geralt.

Looking ever much like a deer caught in headlights, Jaskier just nodded in agreeance at the first part. Being an idiot usually got you out of sticky situations. But he almost defended himself at the second part. He made a small noise, and looked like he had something to say, but did not, instead just hoping that this would pan out in his favor.

It took a moment for Edrea to react. A sword, of someone who would dare to intervene, had come out of no where, forcing the barrel of her gun down to the ground. Stormy eyes snapped towards the owner of the blade. "What stake to you have in this affair? Why do you care if this one lives or dies?" she challenged..

• Love

Geralt of Rivia

The Witcher
Race
Witcher
Occupation
Monster Hunter
link
Geralt brought his blade back, aiming the tip at her just in case she tried anything else. He didn’t want to kill anyone over one of Dandelion‘s songs. But he was5 going to let him get killed over it either. So he made sure that he was between the pirate and the bard. He held up a hand to cast Quen and shield his body against an attack. Without it he was sure she could just blast the both of them. “Jaskier, get out of the way, I’ll handle this.” He stared down the pirate captain and stood tall, not budging.

”While he is an idiot...” Geralt sighed. “He’s still the best I’ve got.” He knew he was going to regret letting him hear that.

• Love
Reactions: Jaskier

Jaskier

The Witcher
Race
Human
Occupation
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Love me!
Organizer
link

Edrea made to bring the gun back up to Jaskier, as soon as the other moved, but she paused - not only because he had stepped in front of her target, but also because he had his sword at her chest. A shimmering gold light flashed across him in a sphere, barely perceptible, but she noticed it. She didn't know what it was, but it was magic, and she didn't like it. Some of the patrons who had stopped everything that they were doing, started to whisper angrily, while others didn't seem phased.

Jaskier didn't need to told twice to bugger off in the face of danger. He wasn't equipped to handle combat and he didn't want to be a target, in case Geralt moved and she caught sight of him. "Oh, yeah. Right, right." Jaskier placed his hands up in submission and then scampered behind the bar.

Edrea's eyes narrowed, and she held the gun at the other in a stand off. She could blast him, but he could also just stab her. "Ah, so you're Geralt. I've heard about you." she said, jerking her head behind him at the bar, where Jaskier's attempt to hide didn't escape her noticed. "Your idiot told me all about you. If he's all you've got, maybe you need better friends." she said, with a snort, but her gun lowered. It would be wiser to let the man go today, and get back at him later.

He’s still the best I’ve got.

An audible gasp that only Geralt's ears could have picked up sounded from behind the bar, and Jaskier had a small smile on his face. He looked almost relieved. He knew Geralt wouldn't stay mad at him for long. Yes, Geralt would regret letting Jaskier hear that.

Last edited:
  • Love

Current Season

Status Updates

It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?
Posts will be short due to being written on the phone. No internet outside of that, but my unannounced hiatus is finally over!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midoriya Izuku
Top Bottom