By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private There is Peace, There is The Force

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good

April 4, Y109 @Cal Kestis

Time flew, or maybe it was just because.....well things were a bit much for Obi-Wan.

Even a Jedi Master could need time to cope with what had just been told to him. After the news of what had happened to the Jedi Order back home he honestly felt at a loss of what he could do. It was a lot to come to terms with something you had not personally witnessed. He could sense it- sure, but he wondered if the feeling was muted due to him not witnessing it first hand. Regardless, Obi-Wan felt it.

So he secluded himself for a bit. When he wasn't exploring the city and finding things to fill his time- he meditated. Cal Kestis proved to be quite kind, offering Obi-Wan a place to stay on his ship. And so together, they went around the galaxy as Cal did odd jobs here and there. The young Jedi often took this time to explain things about the galaxy to Obi-Wan. It was different from their home but there was also a sense of familiarity in exploring and seeing the sights. And Obi-Wan took this time to learn from Cal. The young man had grown a lot from that youngling he once knew in the temple. And to see him still holding on to the Force, and following the Jedi way warmed Obi-Wan's heart.

That was not to say Pandora was not full of mysterious and strange surprises to the Jedi Master. There were even things that took Cal by surprise- despite the time he had been here. Obi-Wan had been quite shocked when one day Cal brought back a Loth-wolf by the name of Leora. The surprises kept coming when only a handful of weeks later Obi-Wan encountered a young varactyl named Boga. Both these creatures as it seemed, were called daemons- creatures who mirrored their human partner. They followed close by, and were utterly intertwined with the Jedi. And in their travels they saw other daemons with their counterparts roaming all sorts of planets- they had all appeared during this spring it seemed. At least this place wasn't boring.

The galaxy, the universe- it always had something to teach. And slowly, things became a new form of normal.

Just a few days prior to this day, Cal brought news of a rumor... an item located at a remote planet nestled in the heart of the Cosmic Wilderness. After listening to the rumor and doing some light digging of his own- it seemed the item sounded honestly like a holocron. Was it a holocron? If it was...what could they do? What would it have? It was not exactly something either them could ignore- so a decision was made to go check it out.

So, they set off, on their way to see if this rumor had any basis in fact. Did it? And if so- Obi-Wan wondered what that would mean. Right now though, it was a quiet moment, the ship was placed on Autopilot and well on it's way to the corner of the Galaxy where the holocron was said to be located. So Obi-Wan went to see what Cal was up to finding the young Jedi Knight amongst his plants. He cared for them quite a lot he had noticed. And they thrived under Cal's watchful eye and hand. A smile touched Obi-Wan's features as he remembered the plants in the Jedi Temple; watering them with Master Qui-Gon Jinn and meditating under the shade of the trees in the Room of a Thousand Fountains.

"Mind if I join you?" Obi-Wan asked, his voice softly breaking the silence. Boga had trailed not too far being Obi-Wan but now that they were in the room, she found a nice corner under a table to curl up under. If Cal wanted to be alone though, he would go and perhaps meditate or even go back to watching the ship from the controls. But there was also something he did want to bring up to the young knight. But he remained quiet allowing Cal to answer.

Photo Credit: Graham Holtshausen

• Love
Reactions: Cal Kestis

Cal Kestis

Star Wars
Race
force-sensitive human
Occupation
Jedi/Scrapper
link
Things were…. About as steady as Cal could say. He fixed robots, he minded his plants, he taught Master Kenobi about the new universe they were in. And he found time for meditation. Cal was a survivor. He knew how to adjust and readjust to situations accordingly. Not the greatest mindset but it helped that he now had a Master Jedi aboard, and two daemons.

Leora was nestled on the ground in front of the cockpit, watching as Cal watered his plants. They were headed towards some distant Moon on the outskirts of Alliance space. A Jedi Holocron had been picked up by his ship, a reminder that this ship was still in search-mode for holocrons. Master Kenobi and himself were on the way to check it out. An interesting enough turn of events, and Cal didn’t have any jobs he had to cancel for it. All around good fortune.

”Of course…. Just watch for Olgara. She’s in the naughty-tank cause it’s her species mating season and she keeps slapping any life form that approaches with vines.” He said, pointing at the strange blueish-green vine plant that was withering around in the glass terrarium, smacking the reinforced glass lightly as Cal addressed her. ”You know what you did, young lady.” He informed her sternly, returning to check the PH levels in Howie the totally normal Spider Fern. Howie was a good boy who never needed the naughty tank. He handed Obi-wan a watering can. ”So…. How do you think a holocron ended up all the way out here, Master?”

• Love
Reactions: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
"Don't you worry, anything in the naughty tank will not be disturbed by me."He said with a light chuckle moving to take the watering can offered by Cal. The plants were all so interesting- some he had never seen before. But all around it was a peaceful setting. He went to fill the watering can, and turned to begin watering a rather thirsty looking plant. He glanced at Cal,

"Well, I suppose the same way we came here. If people and animals from other worlds can be found in Pandora it would make sense that items can find their way here too. If you mean how it ended up in the galaxy in general in such a remote area...then perhaps when it arrived someone took the time to keep it safe?" He was clearly guessing. He shrugged his shoulders though.

"What about you? How do you think this came to pass? Have you found other holocrons in Pandora before?" he turned his attention back to the plants. Making sure to test the soil for the moisture level before watering.

@Cal Kestis

• Love

Cal Kestis

Star Wars
Race
force-sensitive human
Occupation
Jedi/Scrapper
link
Cal shook his head as the other asked if he’d seen any holocrons on Pandora before. ”Afraid not. Before I came on Pandora, this ship was searching for a particular holocron with the names of children-force users. Mostly because the Empire was trying to do the same. I completely forgot the tracker was even on until we got the alert.”

He moved to another pot full of fertilizer, putting said fertilizer into the pot to help with the PH. Then moved onto the next plant: with little flowers that changed color depicting what it needed. Helpful. She needed some water. He poured in his own tin and watched as her flower petals turned a satisfied white. Good.

”I mean…. Where there is a holocron there is a Jedi. Maybe we’ll find a Jedi out here, or at least a message from them.” He turned to smile at Obi-Wan, ”Personally wouldn’t mind some more friendly faces.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
"Oh? Well I hope you end up finding it." He said taking in what Cal had said. Sometime like that falling into the hands of the empire- it did not need to really even be said how important preventing something like that is. But it was good fortune- Cal had been searching for a holocron and the tracker had never been shut down- leading them to something here in Pandora. It was a welcome familiarity. He chuckled, "It's good your ship was able to pick up on it."

He checked another one of the plants, it's vibrant green leaves were striped with deep purple and flecked with white, at his gentle touch it stirred a bit- leaves curling up and around. Testing the soil he saw it was watered alright and didn't need anything. But the one next to it- did so he watered that plant before glancing over at Cal.

"Right." Cal had learned about holocrons at the temple and during his training- no doubt. Though Obi-Wan still wasn't sure just how extensive Cal's training had been considering he had lost his master as a padawan and practically was on his own since then. Any skills he had learned since were done solely on his own. "Friendly faces are always welcome. Still regardless of what is there- it does feel rather refreshing. Almost like an ordinary mission." It made him feel a bit nostalgic for sure. Especially of the times before the Clone Wars.

@Cal Kestis

• Love

Cal Kestis

Star Wars
Race
force-sensitive human
Occupation
Jedi/Scrapper
link
”I found it.” He assured him, thinking back to the exchange with Vader, the death of Trilla, the falling in the lake thing. ”Or…. We found it. The people I was with. I just…. Kind of locked it up on the ship. I’m not quite sure what to do with it except keep it safe, considering that the names aren’t on Pandora.”

He thought about destroying it. But he just… never got around to it.

He did give a small laugh, taking out a trimmer and snipping parts of a purple plant that were starting to grey in the end. It made a sound like a purr at being freed of the dead parts of it’s leaves. He guessed it might be itchy. ”Yah. Like before the Clone Wars. Just two Jedi going to find ancient knowledge at the far reaches of the galaxy.” He said, cheerfully, feeling kind of nostalgic himself, ”I kinda miss it.” He was a Padawan during the Clone Wars. He missed the simple times of the Jedi. If anything could be defined as ‘simple’ for Jedi.

Reactions: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars
Race
Human
Occupation
Jedi Master
Alignment
Lawful Good
Obi-Wan looked a bit relieved when Cal said he had found it. In all honesty he felt like he was familiar with that specific holocron- if it was indeed the same one he thought of when Cal mentioned what information was inside. Regardless if it was the same one or not, at least it was in a safe place.

Obi-Wan paused his watering, glancing over at Cal as he trimmed the plant before him. "Ancient knowledge....diplomatic missions... there were all sorts of things a Jedi Master and Padawan could be deployed for." He said quietly before looking down.

"If anything... I think that was one of the things I disliked the most about The Clone Wars, we had to do what we had to do- but Jedi were not meant to be soliders. That is not our way. During those years, our padawans were raised like that in that sort of environment, and we- the council, saw the effects that atmosphere had."

And they weren't good... he remembered having to take Ahsoka aside. Or talking to Anakin about his concerns with Ahsoka's recklessness. Or when Kit Fisto's former padawan died. Numerous future jedi becoming more aggressive and battle focused, rather than the opposite.

He fell quiet for just a moment, "If anything, I feel like your generation was robbed of the typical experiences. Like the I had with my Master, and the ones I had with Anakin. I'm sure Master Tapal would've loved to take you across the galaxy... to all the different worlds."

Obi-Wan tested the soil of another plant and deemed it fine, before he turned to look over at Cal. "I understand that you were still training, when you lost your Master- and you've since passed your trials. I know I said it before, but I fully believe Master Tapal would be proud of how far you've come on your own, Cal."

@Cal Kestis

• Love

Cal Kestis

Star Wars
Race
force-sensitive human
Occupation
Jedi/Scrapper
link
Cal listened, quietly nodding as the other mentioned the downside of the Clone Wars. ”I uh…. Always felt like I wasn’t good enough, you know? On those missions during the Wars.” He fiddled slightly with his watering can, feeling almost awkward as he admitted, ”Watching the Clones die around me was not pleasant…. The idea of going on missions that were more like adventures? That’s kinda something I could go for.”

He laughed slightly as he said he mentioned what Master Tapal would want to do. ”When I was his Padawan…. I honestly didn’t think he liked me very much.” He admitted, almost guiltily. Holding up a hand, ”I know better now. You don’t necessarily give your live for someone you don’t like. Master Tapal just was very reserved. He had a lot of control over his emotions….. Probably why he was chosen for a Master for someone who had Psychometry, right?” He said, shooting Obi-wan a knowing look. Likely on purpose, if the Council worked that way.

He returned to his plant, feeling a sort of…. Warm feeling. That Master Tapal would be proud of him. ”I still have way too much to learn. I don’t…. really feel like a Knight. Was that how you felt? Like…. There’s still so much knowledge of the Force out there and I wish…. There was someone who could help me through it, you know?” Cere tried her best, but she’d locked herself away from the Force. Honestly: even after being knighted he still felt very much like a Padawan.

Current Season

Status Updates

It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?
Posts will be short due to being written on the phone. No internet outside of that, but my unannounced hiatus is finally over!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Staff online

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midoriya Izuku
Top Bottom