By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private (tw) i've seen the streets you're walking down

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"It's fine," Daisy said, dismissing the idea entirely. Her arms were not the problem here, and the pain, how it made her feel, was something she deserved. For all the pain that she had caused, this was a tiny part of it. "And...--" because she needed a cause to drown herself in, throw herself into until it killed her, because it was the only way she could think of that would fill this aching hole where her heart should be "-- because I can do a lot of good here. And I've come so far in Hydra, so I might as well stick it out."

".... Inhumans started as weapons, but that's not what we chose to become. Linc..." Daisy trailed off, staring resolutely down at the floor. "A friend taught me that. My power is destructive but its saved lives. But... there will always be people who want more power, always be people willing to use others to achieve it. The Kree made something they couldn't control, fled from their own creations. They..." again, she trailed off.

Whe she spoke again, she was barely moving, her voice barely above a whisper. "They made Hive."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky stopped his pacing, looking back over to her, looking absolutely wrung out for the moment, exhausted, and possibly on the verge of tearing up himself, just taking her posture and expression in.

"...do more work..." he finally said, softly. "Do more damage to HYDRA. Whatever you can do to this bunch of rat bastards. Then we can...we can get out. Both of us together, we'll get the hell out of this place...maybe tear down more of them, more people who want to just...keep making people like us, make them pay. Just...just put a stop to so much of this..."

He shook his head again, coming over to her, pulling her into another hug, as carefully as he could. "...just...we'll make this all work...right?"

• I'm Fine
Reactions: Daisy Johnson

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

Daisy looked down at her hands, and smiled. It wasn't a nice smile, full of edges and hints of desperation, but it was a smile. "I can do a lot of damage," she replied softly. All those locations she had been given access too, all of those details she knew. She'd keep feeding information to Peggy, but some of those warehouses were about to be hit with freak earthquakes. "Something I read, a long time ago, was that evil starts when people start to see other people as things. I'm tired of people treating other people like that."

She tensed, barely breathing as Bucky initiated the hug. She didn't deserve this. Didn't deserve comfort, or freedom, or... for the first time in a while, she let herself relax. Just for a moment. Just for a moment, she'd pretend that she hadn't done unforgivable things, hadn't hurt her friends or gotten Lincoln killed.

Daisy cried.

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky nodded a little, sighing softly, then held her tighter when she started to cry, almost unconsciously starting to rock back and forth a bit with her. "...I know...I know there's...so much here to take in, and...and you've been through so much I don't know anything about. I'm sorry, I wish I could have...have been there, to help, but...for now I am here. And you aren't gonna shake me off..."

He paused, then let out something of a snort. "Shake...sorry. Did not mean to make a pun there like that."

He still chuckled a bit, but didn't stop the hug either.

• I'm Fine

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"It happens all the time," Daisy replied, smiling for a moment. "You should've heard Coul...son." The smile disappeared as quickly as it had come, as she leaned into the hug slightly. "I should. I should shake you off, because I've done terrible things, and this isn't something I deserve."

"I should quake you out of this room," she said softly, as tears filled her eyes once more. "Away from Hydra, and bring down this building before any of them realise, because everywhere I go, people die. Because of me. Because of my mistakes, because of my decisions. I... I should, and I don't know why I can't seem to do it."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"...I know what that guilt is like..." Bucky said softly. "The could haves, should haves. 'If I'd done this differently, if I'd been faster, smarter, stronger' to everything."

He patted her back as much as he was able. "When something is over, and you can finally look back at it, and see all the paths, and all the outcomes...that's the only time when you can ever actually know for sure what's right. When you make decisions, you can only go with what information you have, and...unfortunately most of the time it's...it's not nearly enough..."

Bucky scoffed a bit, though it was still amused sounding. "...I don't...know how much of this memory is right, but...I feel like nearly everything that I did...everywhere I've ended up...it would have all gone away if I'd just...not made friends with some floppy-haired little twerp with a mouth bigger than his body. But..." He shook his head some. "Who can predict the way little things like that will ultimately go, you know?"

• Sad

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"That's not... what this is, Bucky. I've done...terrible things, and they're my fault." Daisy seemed to stare into nothing as she spoke. "People keep dying to save me from my own decisions, terrible decisions. There are things you wouldn't forgive me for if you knew, things no one should forgive me for." And yet they did. Or they tried to.

"Coulson found me in an alley," Daisy continued, smiling... a little bit. "No home, no family... no purpose. Grasping at straws to try and work out even a little bit of who I was. He gave me a home, a chance, believed in me for the first time. And, in return, I brought down his secret base around his head. He walked with a limp for days."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"You'd probably be surprised at what I'm willing to forgive..." Bucky said with a small smile. "Besides...the girl who went out of her way to come see a stranger at the hospital and keeps trying to rescue that stranger from a ton of nonsense...you aren't a bad person for any of that. If you really were, you wouldn't care about me being in here. People like HYDRA, they would happily kill someone who was in the way to get what they wanted. You aren't awful like they are."

• Huh

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"That girl is gone, Bucky," Daisy replied, still staring into space. "Hive hollowed her out of her own head, replaced her with a puppet, and now she's gone and he's gone and I'm all that's left. Not Skye, not Daisy, not Agent Johnson, leader of the Secret Warriors, not... anything. Just a husk of someone I could've been."

Her voice was distant, now, like she wasn't quite there. "Even now, I still want... even now, I miss it. Hurting my friends, killing people... it didn't matter, because I was the happiest I had ever been. A smiling, empty puppet, but at least I was happy."

"
Now I don't even have that."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"It was easier..." Bucky said softly. "When someone else made all the decisions for you, when you just did what someone else said to do. You didn't have to plan your own life, or think about what pain you were in. It's a weird kind of peace, isn't it?"

He pulled back to put his hands on her shoulders, looking her in the face. "I get it. Out of everyone in this whole damn world, I think I get it the most. Sometimes I do think about...how easy it would be to just find someone to hand my codes over to, to just let them own me, so I don't have to keep trying to live anymore. But..."

Bucky chuckled. "...neither of us can really get by on that ever again, can we?"

• Sad

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"Simmons described what Hive does as a kind of...drug," Daisy said softly. "He was created to... lead the Inhumans, be the general in the Kree's army. So he can make any Inhuman want to follow him. Replace their wants and desires with his. A connection, unlike any other. And when someone died saving me, freeing me... I took the first chance I had to crawl back to Hive, begging to be brought back into the fold." Her voice was bitter, filled with self-loathing as she spoke. "And Lincoln died for it."

She looked at Bucky, eyes filled with tears. "I...don't know if I have a life worth living. All I ever seem to do is fuck up. And..." she trailed off, clearly afraid to finish the sentence. "Doesn't matter."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"It does matter. You matter." Bucky shook his head. "Look...you don't get to spend time trying to convince me that life is worth living and staying here to be a slave isn't what I deserve if you don't think the same thing of yourself. You..." He sighed, looking decidedly unsure, but continued anyway. "...what you are, what...you were made to do...wasn't your choice, anymore than...than what I am and what I've done was...mine."

There was the briefest flicker of...some kind of expression on his face, but he didn't let it linger, just looking back to her. "Look...if you don't have anything else right now, you've got me in your corner. And if I need to...help you to get through this, by God I'll do it, but...just...you're an imperfect person, yes, and maybe you've done some bad things...but you aren't a bad person. Bad people don't care about stopping things like HYDRA, or trying to chase people like me out of harm's way...bad people are the ones who did this shit to us to begin with...who let things get to a point where people like us were made. We aren't bad for any of that."

• Huh

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"You were dragged back to Hydra, Bucky," Daisy said, voice bitter, but stubborn. "I ran back to Hive on my knees. Because I was weak, because I couldn't stand living with who I was and what I'd done. I hurt my friends, I killed people. Some who deserved it, some who didn't. Brought down buildings, let myself bleed out... and I loved him for it. Don't.... don't pretend that it's the same as what happened to you, because what happened to you wasn't your fault, and it was so much worse than this."

She made a half-hearted attempt to escape the hug, clearly barely trying, wincing slightly as her wrists moved the wrong way, sending ripples of pain through her arm. Daisy was silent. "I still hate you being here."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"As much as I hate you being here?" Bucky said with a small snort. "Look...I already told you, I know how it feels to want to run back to that comfort, wrong though it is. Just because you did it and I didn't, that doesn't mean anything except that I didn't get the opportunity. ...hell, if...if Steve wasn't acting the way he was about this, I...I might actually be happy to be here. If he actually meant any of the bullcrap about trying to turn HYDRA into something beneficial..."

He shook his head again. "Don't compare your worst features to someone else's missing reel, all right? It's...not ever gonna help you."

• Huh

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"More, probably," Daisy replied. "I don't have some ingrained control switch. What Hive did... the only comfort is that he's the only one who was capable of it. It's...biological, not mental. And Lash... Andrew, he gave me immunity when he cured me. It's not a random assortment of words in, like, the fifth most common language in the world, that someone said on boxwide TV." Part of her was tempted to say them, right now, get Bucky to leave with or without his choice, but... if she did that, was she any better than Hive? Could she bring herself to say them?

She smiled, for a moment. "I forgot that you're from the 1940s. No one says that anymore." Daisy frowned again. "Well he definitely doesn't mean it. Some of the hacking I've done is... very sketchy." A pause, and then she jolted. "I should probably unloop the cameras at some point. Currently we've just been talking for the last... however long it's been. Hopefully none of them can read lips."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"...right..." Bucky said, taking a breath before stepping back, considering, then shifting to sit down on the floor, cross legged. "Nothing to say we couldn't just be sitting down and possibly discussing what you're looking for from learning to defend yourself, if that makes it easier. If nothing else, showing you how to properly stretch before you work out...that could be useful. ...thank Mr. Roth from the YMCA for explaining those to me."

He let out another breath, looking to her. "...in a few days. If things haven't...really progressed, in a few days...I'll see what I can do for escaping. Just...give it to the end of the month. I want to be close by a little bit longer, while you...get adjusted. Yeah?"

• I'm Fine

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

"I'm going to need you to stand up and take a few steps back," Daisy instructed, standing up herself, wiping the remnants of tears from her eyes. "Thank fuck for waterproof make-up," she said quietly, looking at herself in the mirror. She looked at Bucky, and shook her head lightly. "Some of us were trained by people who actually cared about us. I'm pretty sure I know more about stretching than you do."

"We have a deal," Daisy agreed, eyes resolute. "End of the month, and if things stay shitty or get shittier, you get out." She took a deep breath, and slipped on her Skye mask. "I'm glad you've got my back, as much as I wish I didn't. On the other hand, I have an itemised list of Hydra locations and earthquake powers, so this might even be fun."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Bucky dutifully rose to his feet and moved where he was told, smiling a little. "You bet. ...if nothing else, I can get some good help for treating your wounds when you're done." Bucky nodded a little. "Let me know and I...wait. Crap. I broke my phone." He grimaced. "Well. Later I can get you the number to a pretty good doctor."

• Love

Daisy Johnson

Marvel Universe
Alias
Skye
Pronouns
she/her
Species
Inhuman
Alignment
Chaotic Good

Daisy pulled out her phone and tapped a few buttons. If anyone was watching, but she doubted they would be, there'd be a slight glitch in the video. She waved Bucky off, sliding on the fingerless gloves. "They don't matter. I'll be fine. On the other hand, we really need to get you a phone that's from this century."

James "Bucky" Barnes

Marvel Universe
Species
Augmented Human
Occupation
Bartender at Jenny's
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
"I liked my phone," Bucky muttered, shaking his head. "I like feeling the buttons. ...but...fine. And...in the meantime, I guess, just...be careful out there."

Bucky wandered over to her, nodding a bit and patting her back. "If anyone asks, today was just a discussion of what you're wanting to learn about defense. You decided you want to learn the basics of hand-to-hand and have some extra focus on weapons, yes?"

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

Kazuma Kiryu wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Happy birthday, Majima-no-niisan.
Taiga Saejima wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Oi, kyoudai. Happy Birthday.
My condolences to the state of the Alliance for I will never disparage a dead man. May Mr. Jordan never be forgotten, for better or for worse.
Putting this out to announce we'll be having a Moon Destruction Album release coming out the day of the big boom, come pick up a physical album at your local record store or download it off starknet...or just steal I ain't a cop.
basically for those who don't wanna click on the spoiler in my previous status, the short version is that I'll be taking a weeklong (possibly longer or shorter) break from posting and I'm really sorry if you're waiting on me

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $190
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James T. Kirk
Top Bottom