By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Unlikely Help

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

The Darkling

Grishaverse
Alias
Kirigan
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Grisha
Height
6'1" / 185 cm
link
Organizer
link
March 10th, Year 110
@Takashi Shirogane

The Darkling sighed as his gaze drifted towards the sea, leaning against the wall of an alley. The air was crisp, causing the water to move and turn into waves as it neared the shore. Despite still being quite new here, the Darkling found that just looking at the sea calmed him.

Pandora was...interesting. It was quite different from Ravka, there was no denying that. The cities, the towns, the people—they were all different. Back in his own world, he’d traveled in his youth; moving from place to place with his mother, never staying in one place for too long because of who they were.

As time went by, the world changed. Technology advanced, war raged between the nations—ironically, it was the treatment of Grisha that had not. They were still treated as abnormalities; even though Ravka has the Grisha as the Second Army to help in the war, they were still treated like servants. If the King wanted to throw a party, he’d still order Grisha to make it as theatrically impressive as possible.

It was disgusting how that foolish man was still on the throne. The Darkling had vowed a long time ago that he’d change the world: to make Ravka and the other countries accept the Grisha as their equals. For there to be no more wars—for the world to be unified.

But now, with being stuck here, his goal would be difficult to achieve.

His train of thought was disrupted when he heard something. While Cascade Bay’s port was bustling, the Darkling’s eyes narrowed when he saw the glint of knives in the light, as well as a voice telling to step away in the alleyway.

Though he normally wouldn’t interfere; if someone was being mugged, that was their own fault—he was hesitant to leave this alone since these individuals could very well come for him. Better to clean up this mess before it created a problem for him.

He saw two people cornering a young man with white hair when he walked further in the alley, the Darkling contemplated for a moment if he should just kill these thieves. One swipe of the Cut and it’d be over...but then he’d have to deal with the bodies.

With a flick of his wrist, the alleyway was engulfed by darkness.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: theweasleyboys

Takashi Shirogane

Voltron: Legendary Defender
Pronouns
He/They
Species
Human (Clone)
Occupation
CEO of Death
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Returning to Cascade Bay probably should have felt like coming home to Shiro, maybe it would have if he didn't have such harsh memories tied to the place. This was where he'd made his first home, literally, he'd learned how to make things with his hands as more and more of the Voltron crew came in their home had needed to be expanded. But then Cascade Bay had been hit hard when Pandora turned itself inside out, Shiro had lost one of his crew that day and with it, a piece of himself.

He'd also had a version of himself be murdered here too but... all in a normal day for the man it seemed.

His whole crew was gone now, those who knew and saved him from his own world no longer existed here in Pandora and as if he'd been forgotten, he was still lingering about in the sandbox world. Shiro didn't know why he came back to Cascade Bay, maybe he had been trying to chase ghosts, though there were none to be found for him. Whether it was his guard being lowered as he walked the streets, or an emptiness in him that struggled to want to go on, to fight, Shiro wasn't sure but it had landed him up in trouble.

As always he tried to reason with those who were doing the attacking, holding up his hands and he supposed it was the glint of metal on his arm that had made them think they picked someone good to mug, someone who couldn't fight back as well. Truth was the paladin just didn't want to. What was the point now?
"Please, I haven't got anything worth stealing. I've got nothing." And he meant it, said it with such conviction it hurt his chest.

The threatening glint of the blade was gone in an instant, Shiro confused as he could see nothing in front of him or even at all, just engulfing darkness that seemed endless. He was hesitant to call out in case giving away his location put him in more danger, so he instead reached out a bit, swiping his fingers through the darkness but of course he saw nothing and felt nothing. Well, naught but the cold frigid quality the night seemed to have taken on.

These thoughts were the only things keeping from the former paladin from panicking, normally his head was screwed on tight but there was something about the crushing presence of complete darkness that reminded him of parts of his life he'd, quite frankly, like to forget. Taking a couple of steps backward his heel ended up sending something that sounded like an empty can, skittling across the ground and making Shiro roll his eyes because of course he had to make a noise now.

The Darkling

Grishaverse
Alias
Kirigan
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Grisha
Height
6'1" / 185 cm
link
Organizer
link
The darkness covered the area, and while the others couldn’t see very well, the Darkling was familiar enough with the shadows. It wasn’t exactly seeing but he could feel the shapes in his shadows.

Unfortunately, someone made a noise. And even if the thieves couldn’t see, they could hear. So they moved blindly into the darkness, someone grunting as they tried to slice someone through this piercing wall of blackness.

Someone moved to him and with a flick of his wrist, the shadows retreated—the light came rushing back, almost blinding, before the Darkling moved his hands. Using the Grisha movements, he summoned a tendril of darkness and smacked the thieves into the wall.

With determined steps, he moved to the white-haired man and extended his hand. “Follow me.” He simply said as the thieves began to recover.

Once the man took his hand, the Darkling’s other moved into a motion, and the shadows engulfed them again. One of the thieves cried out ‘where did they go’, as the Darkling led the man outside of the alley. But they continued walking, moving through the shadows and through some of the roads before the Darkling let the man’s hand go.

He looked back, making sure nobody had followed them before he replied. “They’ve lost us. My suggestion would be you speak with one of the guards about them...as well as avoid other alleys.”

• Eyes
Reactions: theweasleyboys

Takashi Shirogane

Voltron: Legendary Defender
Pronouns
He/They
Species
Human (Clone)
Occupation
CEO of Death
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
As the darkness washed aside like some kind of magical tide, Shiro squinted as his eyes adjusted to the lighting again, though it thankfully didn't take too long. Seeing the hand in front of him he quickly took it, his better judgement telling him it was the greatest chance he was going to get to make it out of the situation he got himself in - at least in once piece.

Taken from the alleyway Shiro put his entire trust in the stranger, he couldn't hope to see past the darkness that flooded them again and considering the grunts and thud he'd heard before, he didn't want to be on the bad side of this man. Blinking repeatedly as they made it out, Shiro blearily looked up at the sky, his hand released which he now rubbed up.

"Right... Yes, I should do that. That-" Shiro glanced back at the direction they had come from, no more darkness surrounding them though there was an eerie silence. Collecting himself from what had just happened, Shiro turned to his rescuer before he remembered his manners, bowing his head somewhat before he found his voice.

"Thank you. I don't want to think about what might have happened if you hadn't showed up and saved me." Perhaps they were someone who didn't like being thanked or praised with what was rightly theirs, but that wouldn't sit right with Shiro. That and he never forgot the faces of those who had helped him get free from many a tight spot. Still, the former paladin was gather himself together because it had been so long since he'd been in such a situation, perhaps he was out of practice now.

Looking around himself, the man run a hand through his white hair, not asking about the other man's unique gifts he had seemingly demonstrated back there - who else could have done it. Maybe he'd fit right into Pandora with such abilities, Shiro hoped he found peace here since it seems one of the most wanted and rare things to be had. Even here.

"Guards... I used to know where I'd find their headquarters, but it's perhaps been a little too long since I was here last. Ah, I'm Shiro by the way. Currently indebted to you."

• Eyes
Reactions: The Darkling

The Darkling

Grishaverse
Alias
Kirigan
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Grisha
Height
6'1" / 185 cm
link
Organizer
link
While the Darkling expected some hesitation, survival led people to take actions they might not have normally taken. It was interesting to see how much trust normal people would put in complete strangers.

The gratitude was expected though the slight bow wasn’t. Though he doubted this man was Shu, the Darkling was slightly reminded due to the appearance. Perhaps it was his culture to act this way. “You’re welcome,” he simply said. The Darkling wasn’t much for pleasantries, but in this world, he didn’t have his fearful reputation.

He did not want to make unnecessary enemies unless he could help it.

The other man seemed nervous—was it perhaps how the Darkling seemed so cold and distant, simply observing. At the comment where the guards’ headquarters were, the Grisha wondered if saving this man was the wisest choice. If rumors spread of a Shadow Summoner...even if he might have allies in fellow Grisha, there could easily be hunters as well.

The last thing he needed was drüskelle to hunt him.

“I have not been here long to know this place, so I would not know, Mr. Shiro.” The Darkling didn’t comment on the debt the other man was giving him. It could be useful in the future.

Current Season

Status Updates

Kazuma Kiryu wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Happy birthday, Majima-no-niisan.
Taiga Saejima wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Oi, kyoudai. Happy Birthday.
My condolences to the state of the Alliance for I will never disparage a dead man. May Mr. Jordan never be forgotten, for better or for worse.
Putting this out to announce we'll be having a Moon Destruction Album release coming out the day of the big boom, come pick up a physical album at your local record store or download it off starknet...or just steal I ain't a cop.
basically for those who don't wanna click on the spoiler in my previous status, the short version is that I'll be taking a weeklong (possibly longer or shorter) break from posting and I'm really sorry if you're waiting on me

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $190
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James T. Kirk
Top Bottom