By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

We have a world to win || UPDATED FOR CLARITY!

Mako

MINUS FIVE STARS
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link

Official Hot Take Appreciator

do not doubt my power

About Me
I'm Mako, everyone's favourite buffoon man. I'm somewhere in my 20s and also somewhere in the UK. My interests are pretty varied: comics (the Big Two plus IDW's Transformers and 2000AD's Judge Dredd strips), fantasy and science fiction books, horror movies and so forth. I dunno, it's always hard to list this stuff. Tbh so long as it's not super-realistic drama I'll probably be into it, and even then I have exceptions.

Anyway, I used to be a lifelong call centre worker until I started freelance work - and THEN became a trade union organiser. It's not great, money-wise, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I do a lot of Politics and traditional tabletop gaming when not at work, though not usually at the same time, and I also do things like this so I guess I try to keep myself busy.

I really like curries, cakes, sweet things generally and small friendly animals, and I really don't get on with raw tomato or scrambled egg. I also write stuff that isn't RP, I've been published on small e-mags and stuff once or twice, and I'm working on the Big Story that may or may not get published but that I really want to tell regardless.

I'm sure we'll be great friends!

Roleplay Preferences
What kind of plots/threads do you prefer?
Adventure is my jam, assorted friends. I prefer to play out definite scenarios rather than nebulous "fluffy" threads, but that's not to say that I don't like fluff or building up character relationships. I just prefer that kind of thing to take place around the structure of a solid scenario!

I like a good mixture of one-off threads and longer plotted stuff, depending on what the other person/people are up for. For some characters, one-off meetups and stupid shit is the order of the day, whereas my other characters work best with planned-out plots and a long term goal to aim towards. Either way, I'm pretty free and easy when it comes to that sort of thing. I also really like non-canon interactions, they're my favourite thing! It's way more interesting to me to have characters who've no real link end up bonding and potentially becoming part of each other's story in Pandora, and I find it more challenging and therefore inventive to do.

Of course, it goes without saying that I'm also very down with canon interactions too. Who isn't?

How do you prefer to handle combat and injuries?
Love 'em. The way I write combat depends heavily on the character I'm writing for. Sunnier characters don't suit gore or ultraviolence as much as grittier ones do, so I won't write them with that as the main focus. I can pretty happily write on both sides of the scale; I'm completely fine with realistic injury occurring from battles, and I'm also okay with relatively extreme violence. I prefer to agree on whatever we want to happen beforehand, though - it helps figure out if my character/s are going to be out of action for a while, and it also gives me an idea of what to expect in the thread itself!

What are your post length preferences?
I dunno, I try to write as much as necessary - my usual standard is about 3-5 paragraphs, nothing usually much longer than that. I want to give the other player something to reply to, after all, and if I'm honest I sometimes just get lost in the moment.

How often do you like to reply to threads?
As often as I can, but I'll be honest and say that this can be somewhat variable. I've never been the fastest poster, but if the inspiration's there I can sometimes hit 3 posts in a day for a thread I'm REALLY into. Please feel free to message me if you think it's taking too long!

How long are you willing to wait for a reply?
As long as it takes, baby - it's what I get at the end which is important!

How do you feel about group threads?
They're good fun! They can be a little disorganised and sometimes they lose steam quickly and never get finished, but even those ones are a laugh while they're going.

How do you feel about godmoding/powerplaying?
Unless it's little things like taking food off a character's plate without asking or something like that, I prefer to have stuff roughly agreed beforehand. Mainly this applies to combat, though, so don't worry too much!

How do you feel about post-splicing? (i.e. Someone replying to each piece of dialogue in your post separately)
Couldn't care less. Do what's good for you.

Spontaneous or Pre-planned plots?
I like a bit of both! I prefer to plan stuff if it's going to drastically affect my character/s in some way, but I'm also a really big fan of the surprise twist so I'm perfectly happy for players to do that with me. I also like it when one-offs lead to proper plots without either party thinking it will, that kind of natural plotting is a big plus with me.

Anything else?
I'm on the Discord server, and even if I'm bad at replying to people there I'll still get back to you if you message me.
I'm also always up for plots, so hit me up!

Limits
Honestly it completely depends on the context of what is going on in a thread/plot. I'm not really big on violence/2edgy stuff for its own sake, it has to actually serve a purpose, and I prefer sexual stuff to be kept to implication. Other than that, I guess I'd have to see what kind of plot was on offer.

Check out my characters below!

Last edited:

Mako

MINUS FIVE STARS
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link

Bane

DC Universe

yPXzCtv.jpg

The world is divided into those with power, and those without. Power is defined by force - and Bane is very powerful indeed.

Brutality and pain are simply features of life in Pena Duro, the prison into which a nameless boy was born some years ago. As he grew, that boy absorbed the lessons this place taught him and learned to use both of these things as weapons. In the end, he became a true monster - and the people who hoped to break him found themselves broken in turn.

Bane is a very intense man. While most would expect a slab of beef of his size to be little more than a roaring barbarian, Bane's manner of speaking is soft and to the point. He is somewhat philosophical when he simply wants to enjoy conversation, though when he wants to be he is cold and steely. Only occasionally will he let his emotions show, and that generally only happens when his anger has finally reached the point where he cannot control it any longer.

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Mega Man

Mega Man

6cSe4N6.jpg

Can a good robot also be a great hero? Sure, and Mega Man's here to prove it!

While he wasn't intended for a life of combat, the robot called Rock took to it pretty well. It wasn't because he was naturally violent - in fact, if anything he leans towards pacifism. No, it was his heart, his desire to fight the good fight and protect the world that drove him.

Despite all this, Mega is a very sweet boy! He's kind and curious, and always interested in learning more about the world around him. At times he can be quite naive, in fact - he is only young, after all! - and some aspects of the world around him don't really seem to align with what he feels life should be like. However, when duty calls Mega Man is never found wanting. He's brave, determined and so long as he's got a cause to follow he will never give up.

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Moh Kohn

The Star Fraction

BAlPNmZ.jpg

Moh Kohn, old enough to know better and young enough to do it anyway. Maybe this time it'll go right.

Moh is a dangerous, competent individual and a human disaster zone all in one, a guy whose internal contradictions somehow come together to form something greater than the sum of their parts. Despite his general... well, lack of preparation, Moh has nevertheless found himself thrust into the heat of revolution and has now ended up being kind of a big figure in Elysium - as well as becoming the primary carer for @Sasuke Tanaka. Funny how life turns out, isn't it?

Unbeknownst to Moh, the vision of the future he has is shared by another. Inside the control boards and memory banks of his smart-gun lives a truly sentient AI, the first of its kind in his own world and one that was unintentionally born out of his father's programming work for the Fourth International. Having "evolved" to sentience under the pressure of programmes intended to eliminate the simple virus it had once been, this AI has remained true to its original purpose - to create space for angry millions to enter the scene. For now, it is dormant, waiting, gathering what information it can.

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Billy Batson

DC Universe

S66PoLT.jpg

What if you could change everything by saying just one word?

Billy Batson is an ordinary enough kid to the average observer. Nice, polite, quite creative with a phone camera and a Starktube channel, sure - but nothing too special. However, he holds within him the magic of the wizard Shazam - by speaking the wizard's name, he can transform himself into Captain Marvel and take the fight to evil directly!

In general, Billy is a bright, sunny kid with a big heart. He can be a little prone to goofing around at times, and sometimes he doesn't take things as seriously as he should. Hey, he is only sixteen after all! However, despite this there's a level of maturity and compassion to him that would surprise most people. Ultimately, Billy knows what it's like to be down on your luck and the value of someone giving you a hand up, and this sharp lesson has stayed with him throughout his young life.

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Bobo T. Chimpanzee

DC Universe

4KUoLqy.jpg

He might walk on all fours sometimes and have thumbs on his feet, but that just means he's better at grasping clues.

Bobo is somewhat unusual, to say the least. First impressions of him generally paint the picture of a tired, cynical individual who's seen a bit too much of life to subscribe to the more optimistic views of those around him. When he's on a case, however, all of that changes. Bobo becomes driven, articulate - and courageous to a fault.

While he tends to hand-wave away his interest in detective work as either "a way to pay the bills" or otherwise something to keep him occupied, and while both of these reasons are true to an extent, there's more to Bobo than just cold hard world-weariness. How else to explain why he takes seemingly hopeless cases, often ones that don't pay well, except for the obvious - that Bobo really does care about people, and sees his skills as a way to help those who wouldn't get help otherwise?

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Josef Bugman

Warhammer

I0KPgJY.png

For hearth and home, for friend or kin, a dwarf will endure much. For a good mug of ale, however, they'll hack their own legs off.

Josef, being used to humans due to his business dealings with them, is more approachable than most dwarfs of the Old World - he's merely a little rough and blunt, rather than being downright irascible, and it's said he can even take a joke. Nevertheless, a true dwarf he remains, as stubborn as stone when it comes to honouring an oath and as likely to forget a grudge as he is to spontaneously grow wings.

Josef is mostly fairly happy to chat, and though he does not put much store in things like tact he's nevertheless a fairly pleasant person unless you give him reason not to be. Unfortunately he does share some of his people's tendencies towards mistrust, especially when it comes to human craftsmanship and most everything to do with elves. He also takes his craft very seriously, and it would be a fool who'd try to needle him on the subject of beer and the brewing thereof.

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter

Warhammer 40,000

967f5Ze.png

Orks is meant for fightin' and winnin'. And when it comes to both, nobody is better than da boss, Gorgutz!

The Blood Axe klan of orks have had more contact with humanity than others, and have taken on some of their mannerisms. For Gorgutz, this has largely resulted in him taking on two characteristics in particular - ambition and scheming. Nevertheless, he remains an ork, and he wants what all orks want; a damn good fight, and ideally one that goes on forever.

Gorgutz is brutal, direct, and often extraordinarily tactless in what he says to people. Nevertheless, he's surprisingly okay with being approached by someone he doesn't know, and will generally try to find out what it is they want before he decides to turn to violence. He's relatively easily won over by the promise of shiny things (guns, vehicles, bigger guns and so on), but don't think that means he'll stick to any bargain he makes. In fact, if you believe that, you are a much bigger fool than Gorgutz appears to be...

General Details

Plot Hooks!

Last edited:
J
J

John Uskglass

Sooo...Just gonna *thows Uskers at both your dudes*

@Edward Nigma
Hey, you know who likes riddles and games? Faeries like riddles and games, so much so that...hey yeah, it becomes a whole lifestyle unto itself xD but yeah, basically John, raised and educated and more than a little bit like-of-mind to the Fair Folk himself could actually be pretty interesting to set up in a thread with Riddler? And I mean he's also fairly arrogant himself so...

Also dem punny names. E.Nigma, d'Uskglass, I mean....

But umm...nooot much here with solid ideas unfortunately, though I am trying to think of something. Just thought it'd be worth mentioning.

@Metroplex
Yeaaahhh, why not toss my 12th century magician king over towards the giant robot city? xD Nah but I think these two interacting could be pretty cool. I mean as far as far as youth and adventerousness go, this kid's got them in spades, not to mention the fact that he is eternally curious, rather soft-spoken and thoughtful, and always hungry to learn more things. Giant Robots are a bit outside of his usual sphere for the most part --for obvious reasons -- but though Metroplex might not be magic, he certainly would be strange enough to grab my boy's attention.

fun thing here, the idea of a city with an actual mind and will of it's own prooobably wouldn't shock him so much. The way his world works, everything had a personality and a mind, everything can talk if you know how to listen, and that'd be what throws him off more than anything. These sorts of things, they're not supposed to speak English (or Medieval French, as the case may be) after all. So that could be interesting. Not the usual, "Woah, a talking city!" more, "Why are you talking like this?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mako

Mako

MINUS FIVE STARS
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
@Nessa

Hell yeah hell yeah if you've come for threads you have come to the right damn place

Ultranerd 3000 vs The Goth King

In all honesty, Eddie would love someone to just... share puzzles with, even if it's someone completely out of time and place as far as he's concerned. I don't know what ideas you might come up with for these two, but the idea of them slanging riddles and such off each other is too much to resist. Obviously Ed's drawn attention to himself with this art heist, so that could form a basis for John to find out about him?

John Visits The Big City

One thing that makes this particularly fun as a prospect; Metroplex is both very interested in stories, and has absolutely no knowledge of magic whatsoever. John could quite easily win him over with both tales of his experiences and explanations of what the arcane is!

It would also be something of a relief for the Ol' Boy not to have to explain his nature again in full; a human who was less surprised by the idea of a living city would be a novelty indeed. I'm really keen on this!!

J
J

John Uskglass

Eeeeexcelent!^^

@Edward Nigma
Oh god xD I honestly love this idea? It's kind of too perfect, just...volleying puzzles back and forth with a super-villain. It's just so very much something he would do, and this whole art heist would totally bring John's attention to him. I can honestly see John like...just sort of magically hacking Riddler's phone just to text him like the paintings's location and "try harder." smart ass that he is. (you know if not just appear out of the shadows before riddler himself to do....basically the same thing xD) We could make a comm thread out of it or something? If you'd rather wait on that, of course, so as to not spoil your plot (and lbr, I'm no where near as clever as John, myself xD) that'd be totally understandable, but yeah, that could be fun!^^

@Metroplex
Awesome! Yes! I am definately down for this! Most dates are good for you? I can prolly get something up soon for them :)

Reactions: Edward Nigma
E
E

Edward Nigma

@Nessa

All righty! I actually kind of like the idea of them forming a weird friendship - though I guess we'll have to see how things go in their initial meeting. Riddler tends to use burner phones for obvious reasons, but using his magic I'm sure John could locate him easily enough, and we could go from there?

In fairness, the last date of the plot is the 31st, so if you want to date a thread for after that then I'm keen as heck for it!

As for Metroplex, most dates are indeed good for him, though again the later into February the better - he's already got some stuff in late January and early Feb!

Reactions: John Uskglass

Jace

an absolute fiend
Plots & Lore Division
Pronouns
he/him
Species
vampire
Occupation
writer
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Organizer
link
i'm here to throw cayde at moh, and if you wanna have the post be canon we can have those two follow through and have some fun at a bar somewhere

L
L

Lonnie Machin

He's back, everyone's favourite lil shit

Come and plot, friends!

Toshiko Sato

Torchwood
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Human
Height
5'2"
Occupation
CPU Programmer
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
#ForeverAlone
link
Organizer
link
Character Development
link
@Ben Grimm -cries over Ben so much-

So I wanted to throw Tosh your way last time I played her, but now that I've brought her back around, I have more than "pls thread" to suggest to you! So, Tosh is going to be looking into a lot of magic things, researching if you will, this go around in Pandora because she's kind of become super fascinated with it, and it's going to lead to all kinds of trouble I foresee. One of these potential trouble spots is Schola, which I know Ben works at! Now, if she really thought it through, she could easily probably reach out to Wanda and make connections and learn about the school, tour it as a friendly entity of curiosity, but that is not how Tosh is going to go about this. I really think it would be fun to have her kind of try to sneak into Schola and try to do some observation/scouting, being sneaky like, and since she's not really a trained spy or anything, perhaps Ben could find her and give her the suspicious stink eye! Tosh would probably try to come up with excuses, which she can sometimes be good at, but I doubt they're really solid, and then eventually she can fess up about why she's really there and that she doesn't mean any harm. I think there's a possibility of a pretty good friendship with a bit of a rough start here, especially since she'd probably be initially afraid, but also super intrigued by his looks. Aaand, she'd probably ask some personal questions that newly met people have no business asking and also embarrass herself. She may or may not have the potential to develop a crush on him later on depending on how things play out, so who knows! Anyway, yes I would like to play with Ben if you'd be interested!

• Love
Reactions: Ben Grimm
B
B

Ben Grimm

@Toshiko Sato

First of all, let me just say - welcome back to Pandora, Toshiko!

Second of all, I love this plot idea! It's definitely one of the more original ways for characters to meet, and tbh Ben hasn't got enough in his life to make him grumpy so I am all for it. I think they could definitely end up becoming firm friends even if the first impressions weren't so great, and we can then see how it, er, goes from there!

All righty, with all that out of the way, what date are you thinking?

Toshiko Sato

Torchwood
Pronouns
She/Her
Species
Human
Height
5'2"
Occupation
CPU Programmer
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
#ForeverAlone
link
Organizer
link
Character Development
link
@Ben Grimm
Woohoo! I'm excited! So far, Tosh is pretty wide open for the summer season, since season change is soon, (holy cow when did that happen?). Maybe mid-June? I did just realize the school might not actively be having classes, unless they're summer courses, so I don't know if Ben would still be on the grounds regularly or not. But, if he is, with school mostly out would probably be prime time for Tosh to do some preliminary scouting with less risk of her getting caught, (her thinking). If that doesn't work for you though, suggest any other time, and I'm happy to go with it!

Reactions: Ben Grimm
B
B

Ben Grimm

@Toshiko Sato
Actually I think that can work - I imagine the staff might come in from time to time in order to do busywork they can't really do during term time. Perhaps Ben's ordering in some specialist gym equipment for students with superhuman abilities for instance - he could do that outside of term time, test it all out for safety and be ready for when the kids come back. That'd give him a reason to be there!

Reactions: Toshiko Sato

Mako

MINUS FIVE STARS
Alignment
Neutral Good
Organizer
link
Plotter UPDATED - and at long last, this shit was very out of date before.

We got Ben Grimm, Billy Batson, Bobo T. Chimpanzee, Moh Kohn and SHODAN here for all your plotting desires! Come and get 'em!

Bane

DC Universe
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
7ft
Occupation
Scary fellow
Alignment
Neutral Evil
Relationship Status
Singular
link
Organizer
link
Further update - SHODAN and Ben Grimm are no longer with us, sadly, but now we have...

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Chen

Player
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Organizer
link
Bane & Batman

So last time this Batman saw bane he’d left behind his Venom tank and went to Santa Prisca once more. Seeing Bane back to his normal more human form before his experimental Venom upgrade he’ll be worried because he’s cunning again. He may have doubts for Bane but if he’s able to talk to him he’ll probably believe he’s truly looking for a way through life, although he’ll still lake it clear he’s watching to make sure he doesn’t slip back into how he ran Pena Dura.

It could be cool to see how they might interact over these changes. not just like initial meeting but some run ins they go through.

• Love
Reactions: Mega Man

Current Season

Status Updates

Post hoarding this weekend as I’m not feeling too hot!
Thancred Waters wrote on Ruby Rose's profile.
Well, well, well. Look what the cat metaphorical and/or literal god dragged in.
Went to school for 14 years just to never use 80% of of what they taught me. Crazy.
Daniela Dimitrescu wrote on Bela Dimitrescu's profile.
Bela!!!!!!!!! i've missed you so much ;;

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $200
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maya Fey
Top Bottom