By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private What could go wrong?

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Cashier/Scooper at Scoops Ahoy
September 11th
@Ahsoka Tano
@Justin L. McCay

Abigail had the ingredients lined up in the kitchen in groups. The first group had the venison fillets, salt, pepper, heavy cream, butter, foie gras all definitely not vegetables. Then there was her maybe pile, olive oil, merlot, mustard, parsley. She'd have to ask Ahsoka about them just to be sure. Olive and grapes were technically fruits; and the others were only needed in small quantities. She could make due without them. It was a relatively simple recipe. Cooking with bones, trimmings and offal could wait until she knew how Ahsoka felt about them.

Abigail checked on the table, set simply. No candles. She didn't want to come across as too pushy. There was a small wildflower centerpiece. Just enough to brighten the table. She checked the rest of the house next, making sure there were no obvious signs of Justin living there. She was pretty sure explaining Justin wasn't first date conversation. If this was even a date.

Abigail then dashed to her bedroom, changing into her date night outfit. A green top with a v-neck, tightly fitted so she wouldn't have too worry about her sleeves near the stove burners. It didn't hurt that it helped to show off her figure a little too, like her black skinny jeans. She added a black scarf around her neck to hide her scar, checked her hair and headed back down the stairs.

The doorbell rang and the dogs barked. Abigail silenced them and opened the door. "Hi."

Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars
Species
Togruta
Occupation
Pilot at StarsX
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Normal life for normal people included things like a job, which she now had, hobbies, which she sort of had, and a social life, which she was working on. Pinder had been a great way to make friends even if she didn't exactly understand it. At least not in the way most people seemed to use it. But on the whole her experience had been mostly positive. And one weird group of messages from one person she probably would never see.

Said social life had put her in a small transporter in nicer clothes then she usually wore and on her way to Ark city. The last time she had flown this route she had been a passenger and she had barely arrived in Pandora, it would be a nice occasion to go back. And Abigail had said that she wanted to fly right. Maybe if things went well Ahsoka could invite her for a short flight. Even if R7 had been complaining the entire time.

Final checks done, she handed her lightsabers over to R7.¨I´ll be fine, it's just dinner¨ though the astromech protested it did eventually accept the sabers. ¨If i need you i'll comm you, otherwise stay with the ship¨ there was some more protest at that but she was eventually on her way. She had brought a bottle of emerald wine with her. It was when she got closer to the building that she got an unsettling feeling that she actively tried to put aside. This was dinner, what was the worst that could happen.

Before she pressed the doorbell on the address she had gotten. Ahsoka quickly straightened her blouse again, how was it that she was always somehow a bit nervous about this. There were some lively creatures in there, and another presence she presumed to be Abigail. ¨Hey¨ she greeted ¨Ï … brought this for you¨ she spoke extending the bottle of wine. ¨I´m not sure if you´ve ever tried Emerald wine, but it's supposed to be pretty good¨

Reactions: Abigail Hobbs

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
"Thank you." Abigail took the bottle of wine. "Come on in." She took a few steps back to make room and read the label on the bottle. Not one she recognized. Not a surprise. She only really knew the wines that Hannibal had introduced her to and taught her about. "I have not tried this. I'm excited to." It was always good to expand her palate. Another thing Hannibal had taught her. "The kitchen's this way."

Abigail began leading the way to the kitchen, only to be interrupted by the dogs. She should have known they wouldn't stay still long with a stranger in the house. Abbie, the husky and the shyer of the dogs, went directly to her side. Winston, the retriever, was approaching Ahsoka and giving her a sniff. "He's friendly." Abigail said quickly. "They both are. That's Winston. And this gal, by me, is Abbie."

It was always good to see how people reacted to the dogs and vice versa. Anyone in her life had to be able to get along with them. She'd been able to manipulate Justin into accepting them, or at least she hoped she had. But that was a one time thing and had come with a scare that he might hurt them. She'd developed a like me, like my dogs mindset to make her life easier from now on.

"You can pet Winston if you want. Let him know you're friendly too." She suggested.

• Excited
Reactions: Ahsoka Tano

Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars
Species
Togruta
Occupation
Pilot at StarsX
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Of course she got a better look at the animals once she walked through the door. She had been able to sense them but it was certainly easier seeing both of them. ¨It´s popular where i´m from, and there's a small moon of Eden where they are now making it¨ but then Pandora was a mix of all sorts of places. It wasn't that much of a surprise that eventually someone had picked up on it.

Ahsoka followed Abigail through her house, she smiled a bit as the other woman talked about the animals. She could sense of course that they weren't a threat. But bringing that up would probably bring up a whole lot of questions though. ¨I can tell¨ she said grinning a little bit as she gently let both of the dogs know that she wasn't a threat to them. Just as she could sense they weren't a threat to her. And soon enough she was petting the more curious of the two.

It was a good thing that she had not taken R7 with her. Knowing the little droid it would have been interesting to see it interact with the two dogs. ¨They are nice. I can tell they are for you a lot¨ and she cared for both of them that too was obvious. ¨I´ve never had pets myself, did they come with you?¨ she asked.

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
"Then I'm even more excited to try it. A little taste of your home." Abigail hoped she would provide the same. A little sample of Hannibal's quality cooking (without his signature ingredients of course).

"They do. Dogs are wonderful that way. So loving." Abigail usually added that they didn't judge people. It was one of the best qualities of dogs. That might lead to Ahsoka wondering why Abigail was worried about being judged. Not exactly light date night conversation.

Abigail shook her head. "No, I never had a pet back home. They belonged to a friend of mine...more than a friend, like a foster dad, Will. He arrived here before I did. I think he named Abbie after me. " She explained. She did have big, blue eyes, similar to Abbie. "Will's gone now." She could only imagine what he had gone back to. He was a from a different time point when he returned; he made it sound as if bad things had happened and they never got to be a family with Hannibal or visit Europe. She needed to focus on happier thoughts, the here and now.

Abbie was slowly making her way to Ahsoka. Abigail gave a moment to let the dog greet Ahsoka, and get comfortable. Abigail then began leading the way to the kitchen again. "I've set the ingredients out. I wanted to make sure you would be okay with all of them." Part of a being a good hostess, or a good date, was to make sure your guest's dietary requirements were met. She wanted this night to go well.

• Excited

Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars
Species
Togruta
Occupation
Pilot at StarsX
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

And Ahsoka was happy to share a bit of her home. There were a few things in the wilderness that reminded her of home, but mostly it was the people that made her feel that she had actually found her home again for the first time in a few years.

It's why she could empathise with her wanting to keep the animals around. And why she understood all too well what it's like to lose family. Even if her situation was pretty much the other way around. ¨I´m sorry to hear that¨ Ahsoka knew of course that it still could happen. That she could lose them all over again and knowing what was in the future for the people she considered her family. ¨I hope you´ll see him again when you go home¨

Eventually Ahsoka followed Abigail into the kitchen. After taking her time with the animals. ¨It really should be fine¨ she said quickly. ¨Vegetables won't harm me it's more like¨ she had to think for a moment for the right comparison. ¨Junk food i think you would call it? I can't survive on them¨ and eating too much of it would probably make her sick.

¨I´m sure your cooking will be better than the ration bars i´m used to¨ there was a note of humour in her voice but it really was the truth. She had mostly stuck to ration bars or going out to cheap places to eat even after leaving the order. Maybe she should learn to cook at some point.

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Abigail set the wine bottle down on the counter. "I've been here so many years, I've stopped thinking about going home." She wasn't sure if she had a home to return to - not after the hints that Will had given about her future, or lack of a future. She reached up into a cupboard and retrieved a couple wine glasses. "I hope he'll come back here, along with my other...foster father type guy." If Will was hard to explain, Hannibal would be impossible. "I think Pandora might be the only place the three of us could be a family."

Abigail knew that was definitely not dinner conversation and remembered the wine glasses in her hand. She poured Ahsoka a glass and handed it to her, then poured a glass for herself. "Nothing wrong with a little wine while we cook." She said and then gave a gentle smile. "I know a few people who'd like it if vegetables were junk food for them." She joked, although there was a bit of truth to it. She had a tendency to know meat lovers.

"Emergency ration bars?" Abigail asked. "I used to take those with me hunting in case I ever got lost. Never had to use them." She had a hard time imagining being used to them. "Our cooking will be better." She assured, hoping Ahsoka would enjoy the cooking too. "First thing we do is drizzle a little oil olive into the skillet on the stove." She demonstrated as she talked. "And turn the stove up to a high heat. There. Now we put salt and pepper on the venison filets. I'll do one, you do one."

• Excited

Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars
Species
Togruta
Occupation
Pilot at StarsX
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Now that gave Ahsoka pause. Going home had always seemed such a certainty. Anakin had told her as much. And though he had gone back home and then returned, a few times, going back was always certain to her. She herself had apparently been here before though she didn’t remember any of it. ¨I´ve only been here a few months¨ she spoke a kindness to her voice. ¨i hope you´ll be able to see them again, here or in your own home¨

Ahsoka could empathise though. She had spent the last two years mourning the order and especially mourning those she considered her family. Having found them again in Pandora Ahsoka wasn't ready to lose them again. Though it would happen. When she herself or when any of them went back. And none of them were going to return to a better place then this was.

She accepted the glass of wine. The signature green colour did not seem out of place between everything else strange Pandora brought. ¨A few humans have said the same¨ she said with a bit of a laugh. ¨We just called them ration bars¨ not much emergency about them when you had them most of the time. Though getting into the war definitely wasn't a good fire date conversation to have. ¨Do you like hunting?¨

Right attention back to the food. ¨I know of entire planets made mostly of Salt. I´ve never been but they are supposed to be impressive¨ she stated as she estimated the amounts of seasoning Abigail used to mimic her.

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Abigail nodded. "Thank you." She held that same hope, though it was starting to hurt a little less each day they failed to show up in Pandora. She was finding ways to live with it, as she always did.

Abigail gave her glass a swirl and little sniff before sipping the wine. "It's very good." Old habits from Hannibal, she supposed. "Well, I'll say this meal will be better than any bar." She had a thought that could be taken more than one way. The food would be better than rations. In the other sense, cooking together had to be a better way to meet than in a noisy, crowded bar.

"I do like hunting." Abigail answered. "It's an art to track an animal and make a clear shot. It takes a lot of concentration, so it's like a break from any problems. And afterwards, there's a real sense of accomplishment." She said with a proud smile and paused, not wanting Ahsoka to think she enjoyed killing instinctively. A part of her would always worry about being seen as the shrike's daughter, even in Pandora. "I didn't always like it. I learned to like it."

"An entire planet of salt? How does anything grow? Or does anything grow?"
Abigail asked curiously. The mental image made her thirsty and she took another sip of her wine. She glanced over at the wisps of smoke coming from the skillet. "The smoke means it's time to add the filets to the pan." She added hers and moved aside so Ahsoka could do the same.

• Excited

Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars
Species
Togruta
Occupation
Pilot at StarsX
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

She stopped herself from disclosing just how easy that particular bar would be to reach. Ration bars were beloved by no one. And used them as she was even she had chosen to eat at Selda´s most of the time. Sharing an actual meal with interesting people was far better then sharing ration bars.

She nodded understandingly. ¨You have to stay in the moment, know your prey and also know yourself to be sure you can take the opportunity when it presents itself¨ Ahsoka understood hunting. There had always been some discussion about it in the temple but she had understood it. She needed meat to survive but never did she kill or take more than she needed.

¨Life takes a lot of different forms, it depends on what you would consider to be alive¨ but that was a discussion people kept on debating time and time again. ¨Crystalline life forms still exist on some of those planets, or different types of microorganisms. And even though those exist there are worlds out there where there is no life that we know of¨ no life of any kind was an exception still of course.

If she had talked about her connection with the force she might have used this moment to show off a little and misuse it a little to drop both pieces of meat in the pan. As it stood she didn't want to freak out Abigail and thus simply copied again. ¨I am guessing the hard part is still to come? because so far so good right. She drank some of her own wine. This was a rather fun time so far.

Abigail Hobbs

Hannibal
Species
Human
Occupation
Abigail nodded. "You must have an inner hunter." She meant it as a compliment. Other than kids at school, and later the media, finding it weird for a girl her age to hunt - there hadn't been any real discussion or debate about hunting in her life. It was simply nature, what needed to be done to survive. Being able to hunt, and the skills along with that, or simply the right mindset were to be valued.

Abigail's first thoughts were on a different area. Had she truly been alive while in Hannibal's basement? Or any of his other occasional, so-called guests. As Ahsoka kept talking, she realized what she meant. More scientific than abstract and more relevant to the conversation. "Back on my world, it was debated if there was life on other planets. A lot of people would have loved to meet you." And more people probably would have been frightened. In her experience, people usually feared what was different. Not her though. "I'm glad we've met."

"There's no real hard part. Right now, we just let it cook for four minutes on each side. Then we flip it over and cook it for four minutes on the other side."
Abigail assured her. "Then we'll make the sauce." She sipped her wine with a smile. It was like the night. There hadn't been hard parts, she hadn't made any big blunders. It was shaping up to be an easy night.

• Love

Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars
Species
Togruta
Occupation
Pilot at StarsX
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Ahsoka grinned at the words. All Togruta were hunters, at least the ones that grew up on Shili or any of the colonies were taught to hunt and to take care of eachother. Community meant a lot to her species. But all of that was difficult to explain, especially knowing so little as she didn't grow up with them. Being a hunter as a Jedi was precarious at best. Before the war non violence had been an important thing after all.

¨I´ve always known there were other species. I grew up with a lot of different people around me¨ most sentient species could wield the force after all. And sure there weren't as many younglings or jedi as people sometimes believe. But there was enough difference. Jokingly she said ¨And the entire galaxy has humans¨ honestly it was remarkable how prevalent that they were. ¨But i´m glad to have met you also¨

Alright then no difficult part. Just nice and relaxing cooking. This was normal right. Ahsoka was extremely unfamiliar with normal. And she still couldn't shake that underlying feeling in the force that something still was coming. Though it could just be her anxieties about it all. A few more slips from her wine could help. ¨That doesn't seem to difficult i guess¨

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

updated my organizer with suzaku! i'd love any and all plots with him, so please check it out if you're interested. <3 https://pandorarp.com/threads/sunshine-on-your-face-wists-organizer.54144/post-440237
An Ewok strolls into a cantina and says to the bartender, “I’ll have a whisky and........soda.”. The bartender says, “Sure thing - but why the little pause?”
“Dunno,” says the Ewok. “I’ve had them all my life.”
A majority of the essays my students handed in have the distinct smell of ham. Do I want to know, or is this one of those "don't question it" moments? :\

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toph Beifong
Top Bottom