By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private When I See You Again

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Gifted Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Lux Nightclub Co-owner
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
January 21st, Year 110
@Atsushi Nakajima

Chuuya woke up as the first rays of light came through the window. He’d come over to Dorothea’s place, bringing wine and conversation with him, though once they finished the bottle, they went to bed.

The redhead had slept that night on the couch in the living room, not wanting to bother Dorothea with setting a guest room or anything like that. Chuuya sat up and stretched, hearing his bones pop and muscles loosening from their stiffness.

He did some stretches and did a slight warm-up since it was early in the morning, making sure to be mostly quiet. And once it was a reasonable time, he decided to make coffee. Maybe he could also make breakfast for Atsushi and Dorothea.

But once he did brew coffee, Chuuya heard a door open and the sound of footsteps moving through the house. And that was when he saw Atsushi—in night clothes. Kind of funny and kind of cute.

Either way, he waved at the kid when he looked at him, almost dumbstruck. “Hey, kid. Long time no see.” Not the best reunion greeting but it was the best he had right now.

• Excited
Reactions: Atsushi Nakajima

Atsushi Nakajima

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Weretiger)
Height
170 cm/5'5"
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Last night had been a roller coaster for Atsushi.

But the good kind! He had made it back on the ground with his feet and a new friend - Dorothea. Perhaps the nicest lady he had ever met to date, he was currently sleeping in one of her spare beds which, right, it was his for now, he wasn't meant to refer to it as a guest room now. Swaddled in his blue jammies and wrapped up in a whole duvet for himself, Atsushi felt like he was in seventh heaven. The place Dazai had left to him was nice, sure, but it was empty and felt more like somewhere to come back to as a headquarter, not a home.

Knowing someone else was home made sleeping a lot easier for Atsushi too, and Dorothea lived in a nice part of the city. Rolling over onto his stomach, the teen sniffed at the air when he was sure he could smell the faint wafting of a beverage coming through, making him perk up as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and pushed himself up and out of bed. Padding barefoot from his room he ran his fingers through his choppy hair in some attempt at smoothing down the strands, only to stop midway when he saw a very familiar redhead up ahead.

In a rush Atsushi saw the brief clips he'd caught on TV of the KG, remembered the fear he had felt knowing Dazai and Chuuya had been caught up in it but he'd never known the full details. Maybe he never would. But knowing his friends had been through something horrible was enough to make him choked up and for his big eyes to fill with tears.
"Chuuya!" He called out, the sound strangled and all kinds of messed up as he made his way over and launched himself at his friend.

Clinging onto the elder he let out soft sobs while curling his fingers into Chuuya's shirt, his face hidden against the redhead's shoulder which he was beginning to dampen with his tears. He'd apologise for that later. For now he whined and didn't care about how desperate he must have seemed, forgetting for just a moment how he was sure his friend wasn't the fondest of bodily affection. Atsushi needed him and a little voice in his mind told him, perhaps the redhead needed this too, he wasn't just going to admit it anytime soon.

• Love
Reactions: Chuuya Nakahara

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Gifted Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Lux Nightclub Co-owner
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Chuuya heard the footsteps before he saw Atsushi. He was certain it was the kid since he knew for a fact that Dorothea would sleep in unless she was forced to, which the fucking game had done. Besides, Atsushi might want to keep this more private anyway.

It’s been...shit, has it been almost two months? Has it been more? It had still been long enough, because the kid literally lunged at him for a hug, sobbing his eyes out and clinging to him as a child did to their mother.

Chuuya will admit, he didn’t expect such a strong reaction. The fact that Atsushi managed to knock him down—Chuuya barely managed to shift their gravity so that they didn’t get hurt—was a surprise. The redhead wasn’t also a person that was used to hugging and the like; he was better at it than Dazai, but hugging wasn’t something he was used to or good at. The last time had actually been with Dazai when he told him what Mori had done in the Killing Game.

This act really hit him of how much of the KG must have affected Atsushi as well. Chuuya didn’t know if the latter had been even watched anything, but if he caught some things...if he’d seen the ending—that would have screwed him up. Seeing him and Dazai die.

So, he wrapped his arms around the kid and just...held him. It was the only thing he could do for Atsushi right now—for what they put him through. Patting his head, trying to bring some comfort as he kept quiet.

Last edited:
  • I'm Fine

Atsushi Nakajima

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Weretiger)
Height
170 cm/5'5"
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
Relief won out over surprise when Atsushi found himself being hugged in return, a soft sigh leaving his lips as he sank into the elder's arms a little more now he knew he was welcomed. He really hadn't seen all that had happened during the KG, but he'd seen enough to know that things were wrong, unfair, cruel. The instinctive feeling that something not quite right had occurred lingered in his bones too, and considering how Chuuya was hugging him back, he realised he must have been awfully right.

Like a child the weretiger clung to his friend and cried, showing no signs of stopping as he clung onto the elder man's shoulders. Of course he tried to quiet himself but it just made him hiccup over his own breaths, teardrops falling one after the other and staining Chuuya's shoulder - he'd apologise for that later on as well.

Eventually his hiccuping stopped and the tears slowed, leaving Atsushi tugging his sleeves down over his hands so he could wipe at his eyelids and face in general. It was embarrassing to cry so much in front of someone else, part of him was expecting to be told to stop it, that he didn't have a right to cry because of who he was but of course that never came in the company he was in.

"I-I'm sorry. I know you don't like hugs a-and I know we're... I know you might not see me as a close friend. But what I saw- I was so worried and I... The things that happened, you- I'm sorry." As if he had any part in what had happened, Atsushi apologised as he finally finished wiping his eyes dry for now, shoulders deflating but he didn't move away from the redhead just yet. Without hesitating, Atsushi wrapped his arms around Chuuya once more and whispered softly near his ear.

"Thanks for coming back safe... Thank you for being strong."

• I'm Fine

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Gifted Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Lux Nightclub Co-owner
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
While Chuuya wasn’t used to hugging, he understood how hugs can be comforting. Atsushi has gone through a lot during this time, so the redhead simply stayed quiet and stroked the kid’s back, trying to comfort him in a small way.

It was the only thing he could do right now.

After a while, Atsushi pulled back as his hiccuping subsided. It was in these moments that he realized that even with all the shit the kid has gone through, he is still a kid. He wondered if Atsushi has even let himself cry as much as this.

“Don’t apologize. It’s fine.” Chuuya didn’t know what else to say. Especially since Atsushi did confirm he’d seen what had happened—had seen them go through trials, mental mind games, and even die. And even though he didn’t know much about Atsushi, he cared enough about the kid. Hell, Atsushi had been his motive during the first round of the KG. That means whatever fucked up shit the mastermind did, meant that he talked about Atsushi, enough to be considered as a motive for him.

“Hey—you have nothing to apologize for. If anyone should apologize, it should be me and Dazai. We...we didn’t communicate with you. Kept you in the dark.” Chuuya placed his hand on the weretiger’s shoulder, trying to give a comforting squeeze when again, Atsushi hugged him and said thank you.

Thank you for coming back and being strong. Chuuya wouldn’t lie, that did make his chest flutter. “Fucking hell, kid. You’re not supposed to say sentimental shit like that.” He replied with a chuckle, but he didn’t pull away from the hug, embracing Atsushi again. A much more normal hug than before.

“I’m sorry we didn’t message you. I’m sorry we worried you.” He whispered softly. It didn’t excuse what they did, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

• I'm Fine

Atsushi Nakajima

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human (Weretiger)
Height
170 cm/5'5"
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
link
That was true, Atsushi had been kept in the dark but he'd hoped it had been done because the two mentors in his life did it out of good will and intentions for him. Maybe it was just less trouble for them too, keeping the weretiger at bay and away from anything they were involved in, goodness knows he was a bit of a hindrance sometimes - or that's how he saw himself.

"I don't know what I'd do if you guys hadn't come back... I really don't. So of course I'm thankful. Most people would still be knocked off their feet, not up and functioning like you are." Atsushi mumbled, a soft noise coming from him when he felt himself being hugged in return this time. It made his chest ache because he knew how much it meant to himself, but more than that, he knew it took a lot for Chuuya to do the same for him in return.

And it felt good to be held, it was warm and comforting, like putting on a favourite old sweater.

"It's okay, really. You were doing what you thought was best, right?" And they were, god knows how Atsushi would have handled being dragged into the KG. It didn't bear thinking about considering his own background and how he was still trying to find himself. It likely would have set his progress back by quite a bit.
"I was kept safe, and then Dorothea found me after it all. I'm just... just so relieved you're here now." Squeezing Chuuya gently in his own arms, the teenager sniffed and rubbed at his eyelids with his own hand.

"She's really nice... Too nice to me."

• Love

Chuuya Nakahara

Bungo Stray Dogs
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Gifted Human (Vessel)
Height
5'3" / 160 cm
Occupation
Lux Nightclub Co-owner
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
While Chuuya understood what Atsushi said, he sometimes really wanted to shake this kid and punch those self-esteem issues. Unfortunately, he couldn’t do that, but he could imagine it, right?

“While there’s no point in the what-ifs, Atsushi...I believe you’d manage to stand up on your own two feet. You got what it takes kid,” he said, gently nudging the young man’s shoulder. He definitely needed to get the kid’s self-esteem back up. Start up training again and maybe suggesting to Dazai to actually be a fucking mentor.

At the comment on what most people would do, Chuuya chuckled. “Thank fuck that Dazai and I aren’t like most people.” Maybe things were okay...or he and Dazai just got very good at lying to themselves in these types of situations.

Honestly, it was times like these he’s reminded that Atsushi is a good person that has gone through shit. While other people might have turned for the worst, the kid just...didn’t. It gave Chuuya a sense of...something. He couldn’t really name it, but it felt good to see that some people overcame the shitty hand life game them.

He’s also come to discover that Atsushi really likes hugs.

“Doro is a good person. She wouldn’t be nice if she didn’t like you.” Chuuya replied, being fully aware of how Dorothea had acted when they’d been in the KG. He patted Atsushi on the back as he slowly pulled back. “Do you want some coffee?”

• Love

Current Season

Status Updates

Kazuma Kiryu wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Happy birthday, Majima-no-niisan.
Taiga Saejima wrote on Goro Majima's profile.
Oi, kyoudai. Happy Birthday.
My condolences to the state of the Alliance for I will never disparage a dead man. May Mr. Jordan never be forgotten, for better or for worse.
Putting this out to announce we'll be having a Moon Destruction Album release coming out the day of the big boom, come pick up a physical album at your local record store or download it off starknet...or just steal I ain't a cop.
basically for those who don't wanna click on the spoiler in my previous status, the short version is that I'll be taking a weeklong (possibly longer or shorter) break from posting and I'm really sorry if you're waiting on me

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
Target Goal: $263
Raised: $190
Currently saving money to fund for general costs for next year and a shop system. Read more about it here!

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James T. Kirk
Top Bottom