By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Winter Cabin

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Lydia chuckled. Man bun weren't words she knew; she didn't connect them to how Paul sometimes wore his hair. Hearing Daryl called Mr. Dixon was funny. She knew it was his name; she had heard it a couple of times back home. First names were much more common. Last names sounded strange and kind of stuck up to her, the opposite of Daryl. "We could pull your hair back like one of them girls at the mall." She suggested jokingly and pulled her own hair back, mimicking a ponytail.

"It's real strange. I don't remember much about the world before walkers." Lydia admitted. The few times that she remembered her father giving her treats had resulted in her mother getting angry. Those memories seemed ruined now. "I just remember eating worms until I was big enough to catch squirrels and stuff. I've had other food after living with my Mama and here. I guess my favorite's anything I can eat with my hands." Until recently, that had been a very long list. She was trying to fit in a bit more.

"Then why haven't we had any?" Lydia asked about the pig feet, genuinely curious. People here were real picky and pigs spent most of the time standing in mud from what she'd seen of them. Their feet couldn't cost that much money.

• Love
Reactions: Beth Greene

Beth Greene

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Occupation
Survivor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
Organizer
link

Daryl was not impressed with the hair comments, but Lydia found her amusing and that was all Beth needed. She wasn't really sure why, but she felt like she had to make a good impression, to be her best self. "Spoil sport," she replied, rolling her eyes. "Exactly!" She added, nodding enthusiastically. "Look at Lydia, she gets it."

Beth didn't know what Lydia had been through, but from what she'd heard, the girl needed some fun and luxuries. Hell, Daryl needed that too. Now that they were in Pandora, Beth wanted to give them everything they'd been missing.

So when Daryl said pig's feet, she couldn't help but scrunch up her face. "Pig's feet?" She repeated, exasperated. Okay, no need to judge. But seriously, outta everything he'd ever tasted? But then Lydia spoke and Beth's heart sank. It was the reality of their previous existence smacking her in the face. It was then Beth realised just how lucky they were. "Oh, we can get plenty of that," Beth mused, listing off every hand-eaten meal in her head.

"Yeah, why not?" Beth urged, a big grin on her face. "We're going to get a takeaway," she concluded, jumping to her feet. "We're going to get Nachos, pig's feet, burgers, pizza -- everything! We'll have it all and you can put the leftovers in your fridge."

Beth dug her mobile out of her pocket and began searching for the nearest takeaways. There weren't many in Pandora, but Beth was positive they'd find what they were looking for. "... This place has everything but the pig's feet," she remarked, frowning. "But I know I've seen them in the shops. I can run down and get some while the rest is on it's way. Bailey could do with a walk anyway."

Reactions: Lydia

Daryl Dixon

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Daryl rolled his eyes, grumbling good naturedly. There was still no way he was gonna let those two anywhere near his hair, but at least they were having fun. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d had a hair cut - probably one of them times Carol had come out to his camp back home and hacked some off. He’d get around to it.​
Maybe.​
He wasn’t surprised that Lydia didn’t remember much from before the world went to shit. She’da been young then, and their world had had a way of overpowerin’ the old memories, makin’ everything about walkers and survival.​
Daryl huffed, shaking his head as Beth started rattlin’ off about ordering food.​
He shook his head. “Y’ain’t gotta go gettin’ pigs feet,” he said, looking amused. “Don’t think Paul would wanna see them in the cupboard,” he said with a snort, imagining the scout’s face at findin’ ‘em. “I’ll find ‘em some other time, alright?” he said. He eyed Lydia. “Y’might like ‘em,” he said. “They’re kinda chewy, taste more like vinegar ‘n anythin’ else though,” he said with a shrug.​

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Lydia's eyes widened in surprise. She knew what nachos, pizza and burgers were, and everything made it seem like there would be even more. "All that food, just for us?" She asked. It must have been joking, like about Daryl's hair. Back home, if they had ever had a pizza, it would have been a feast. She could easily imagine one burger feeding all of them now. Just pull it apart. Give the patty to Daryl, the top bun to Beth and the bottom one for herself. Enough food for leftovers would be too much.

Lydia reminded herself that she didn't have to think that way now. Extra food didn't mean they were signalling others to come and steal it. This world didn't work like that.

Lydia looked to Daryl with a smirk. "Would Paul really mind pig's feet in he cupboard? I seen eggs in the fridge and I know what part of the chicken they come from. Pig's feet can't be that much worse. If they got dirt and mud on'em, we could just clean 'em." She nodded at his offer to get the feet another time. She figured he was right; she'd like them. She liked all the new foods she'd tried, much better than dirt covered worms.

"Bailey's the other dog?" Lydia asked, glancing over at the two dogs. It was nice that Dog had a friend.

• Love

Beth Greene

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Occupation
Survivor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
Organizer
link

Daryl was grumbling but Beth could tell he was amused. Lydia looked like she could hardly believe it, her eyes wide as Beth listed off the food. Beth understood. It almost felt like they were taking advantage of it, which Beth supposed they were. But they'd suffered so much -- and for Daryl and Lydia, it was recent -- so why not spoil them? They deserved it.

"I don't mind," Beth replied, heading to the door and shrugging on her coat. "It's only down the road. Bailey probably needs a wee anyway." Then she laughed. "I've never thought about eggs like that, but you're right!"

Beth called Bailey over, realising she hadn't introduced Lydia to her yet. "She is! Daryl and I actually found her in an old farm, out in the great plains. Long time ago now." She realised Daryl probably had no recollection of that at all. She grinned, watching Bailey paddle over to Lydia and wagging her tail. "She's real friendly," Beth went on. "One of the sweetest dogs I've ever had."

She opened the door, and whistled. "C'mon, girl," she said, calling Bailey back and putting on her lead. "Okay, I'm gonna grab some snacks and pigs feet, and order the food on the way back. I'll be back in a bit."

Daryl Dixon

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Daryl was sure he’d never had that much food, even before the world went to shit. Any money they spent on groceries paled in comparison to what Merle spent on drugs, so Daryl would usually hunt to supplement - there was only so many things y’could do with a turkey. Here in Pandora there was no shortage of food and he had plenty of money to get it, so it wasn’t too much of an issue.​
He snorted as Lydia brought up eggs - hell, maybe Paul wouldn't give a shit about pig’s feet (although they did come prewashed, thanks very much - he wouldn’t eat no muddy pig foot - no matter how good they were). “Guess y’got a point,” he muttered, shaking his head.​
He watched as Bailey came on over, narrowed gaze slipping to Beth for a moment. Had they? It sounded….right, though he didn’t have any recollection of actually bein’ there when it’d happened. Was still weird, hearin’ that he’d been here before. Wasn’t sure how t’think about it, so he didn’t mostly.​
Daryl nodded as Beth headed out the door, knowing she’d call if she needed anything. Didn’t make him any less worried, but that was something he’d have to get used to - letting his family out of his sight. Pandora was different.​
“Think y’two are gonna get on just fine,” Daryl said.​

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Lydia figured she thought about those things more often, 'cause the eggs she used to eat came from being stolen straight outta wild birds' nests .Not cooked or cleaned. It made it harder to distance them from the source.

It was still weird to Lydia that Daryl could have been here a long time ago, when she could remember him playing in the snow with her and Michonne's family not too long ago. Or at least it seemed like it wasn't that long ago. There was so much new stuff in this world that it might always seem new.

Lydia gently petted Bailey when the dog approached her. "Hi Bailey." She gave her a few gentle scratches behind the ears and then watched her return to Beth. "That you've ever had? Have you had a lot of dogs?" The only dog she knew back home that wasn't feral was Dog. She'd seen more since she arrived at this world. All so tame, never having walkers around must have made it easier for them to trust people.

Lydia nodded to Daryl. They probably would get along. Beth was one of the few people she'd ever known that was both close to her age and nice to her. "We could take Dog and catch up to her. Help her carry all that stuff." She suggested.

• Love

Beth Greene

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Occupation
Survivor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
Organizer
link

Beth smiled at Lydia as she gently petted Bailey. "I had two dogs growin' up," Beth mused, thinking back to her simple, happy childhood. "We owned a farm so animals came hand in hand." She glanced back to Daryl who seemed to be eyeing her. She knew he was probably thinking about Bailey and what she'd just said. Beth couldn't blame him. It was really strange to think about different versions of yourself.

Beth bade them farewell and skipped down the path from the cabin, feeling upbeat. "I like her, Bailey," she told her pet pup. Bailey replied with a wag of her tail and a quick woof. Beth grinned. "I'll take that you like her too." She was glad Daryl had found someone like Lydia, that they had found each other. It felt like fate, and Beth was a big believer in that kind of thing.

It didn't take her long to reach the shops, which was mostly deserted. Not many people lived in this part of town, which Beth liked. It was peaceful and far away from their old life. She left Bailey off her lead until they reached the door, then tied her up outside. "I won't be long," Beth told her, giving Bailey a scratch behind the ears.

She left the shop some ten minutes later, carrying more food than she could carry. She had everything. Crisps, chocolate, strawberries, ice cream, cupcakes and of course Daryl's pig feet. Beth wasn't sure what Lydia liked so she went for a varied choice. She'd been planning on ordering a pizza on the way home but Beth had greatly underestimated just how heavy everything would be. She couldn't reach her phone with all the bags in her hand, and as she heaved them back up the path toward Daryl's cabin, beads of sweat had perspired on her forehead.

She kept her eyes on Bailey, who was a little further ahead. She kept stopping and looking back at Beth, as though aware her owner was taking twice as long to get back. "I really need to start working out," she panted.

Daryl Dixon

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Was a shame that for most of the apocalypse, the dogs they’d run into had been feral. Went wild quick, though he guessed it worked out for ‘em when things that used t’be human wanted t’eat anything moving. He’d lucked out with Dog, though he wasn’t sure how - Dog had obviously been born after the world went to shit and he hadn’t exactly been the friendliest when Daryl had found him, but biddable enough. Now, hell, he was the best damn dog Daryl coulda hoped for - though Bailey was pretty damn good too.​
He considered that, giving a shrug. She was bringing ‘em back a lot of food. “Yeah, alright,” he said, and Dog was already giving an excited bark, like he knew exactly what they were talking about.​
“C’mon,” he said, heading toward the door - he paused, just for a moment, on the verge of picking up his crossbow before he shook off the urge. Wasn’t nothing that’d be needed out there.​
Dog was happily trotting along, tongue lolling, occasionally circling back to nudge at him or Lydia. A little while later he started to bark, not the one he did when there was trouble, but the excited bark of recognition and then he was off. Daryl snorted.​
“There she is,” he said, giving his chin a nod to where Beth was struggling as they headed over.​

Lydia

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Lydia grinned as she followed Daryl outside. She was convinced that Dog was smart and did know exactly what they were saying. He knew to come when Daryl called him or to stay put when told to stay. He could have picked up other words too and he was a better listener than most people. She was careful to reward each of Dog's nudges by giving him a little pet and walking a little faster. Dog was talking to them too, just not using words. His next bark was clearly telling them that Beth was close with plenty of treats. And of course, he was right.

"She wasn't jokin' about all the food." Lydia commented.

"Hey." She called out to Beth in case she hadn't seen them yet. She then walked over to Beth, looking at all the food with amazement. It would have taken a really long supply run back home to get all of that stuff, and none of would have been so fresh. "Can I carry some of it?" She offered. She knew better than to simply take. Grabbing food from someone in the pack was dangerous; it could led to losing a hand, or even one's head. She knew Beth and Daryl were different. Old habits were hard to break. Plus, she wanted keep things on the right track to being friends with Beth.

Beth Greene

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Occupation
Survivor
Alignment
Neutral Good
Relationship Status
Single
Organizer
link

Okay, so she really should have thought this through. Still, it was a good work out. Positive thoughts, Beth. Keep going.

Bailey seemed to realise Beth was struggling and offered her support in a sweet, canine sorta way. She kept doubling back to Beth, wagging her tail and giving her little 'woofs' of encouragement. "Good girl," Beth kept saying, over and over again. "Good girl." She hadn't ran off (not that she ever did) or left Beth's line of vision once.

Beth squinted. There was someone else up ahead, no -- two people! And a dog. Beth's face stretched out into a huge smile of relief. Dog had noticed her first, and came bounding up to join Bailey. "Hey boy," she grinned, hitching the bag that was digging painfully into her shoulder. "You smell the food?"

She looked up to see Lydia staring at her in astonishment. Daryl, however, didn't look all that surprised. If anything, he looked amused. "Hey!" She said again as Daryl and Lydia came within earshot. "Are you sure?" She added, not wanting to overload her. "Thanks, I think I may have overdone it a little." She smiled guilty at the two of them. "I hope you're hungry!"

It was a relief to take some of the weight off. "I was goin' to order pizza but I don't think we need to," she laughed. They weren't far from the cabin now. "I bought a couple of frozen pizzas so I can heat them up when we get in."

Daryl Dixon

The Walking Dead
Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Daryl snorted. “No, she wasn’t,” he said, shaking his head at the amount of food the poor girl was carryin’. He knew she wanted to give Lydia a taste of all the things she’d never gotten to try at home before, but she probably coulda spaced it out a little. Then again, wasn’t like Daryl was gonna complain.​
He followed Lydia toward her, watching as Dog greeted her - probably hoping she was gonna toss him some food right then and there. He was well enough behaved that Daryl didn’t worry about him knocking her over or nothin’ to get to it, but he knew there was gonna be some begging goin’ on when they got back to the house.​
He reached out for one of the bags of food - probably wouldn’t have asked if Lydia hadn’t, was just his nature to shoulder some of the burden. His stomach grumbled at the smell of food - he ate more than he had back home, when there were rations and shit to worry about, but he still sometimes forgot he had easy access to food.​
“Sounds like a plan,” Daryl rumbled.​

Current Season

Status Updates

It's ma' birthday!!! Woo!!

...Man, I'm old xD
So ah...how do you ask somebody you haven't known for a long time to be friends with you...?
Posts will be short due to being written on the phone. No internet outside of that, but my unannounced hiatus is finally over!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midoriya Izuku
Top Bottom