By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private without a single care, one more glass

Only those invited by the thread starter may join this roleplay.

Howl Jenkins Pendragon

Howl's Moving Castle
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'3 / 191cm
Occupation
Freelance Wizard
Alignment
Chaotic Good

@Diluc Ragnvindr | november 1st, y110
.​
His head was pounding, and his back was aching something fierce.

Slowly but surely, Howl began to stir from where he clumsily laid against the wooden floor, blurry eyes struggling to adapt to the darkness of... wherever he was as he wracked his brain, struggling to recall what exactly he was doing. He had shown Sophie the garden, the secret hideout his uncle had left for him to study magic. One of those stupid battleships flew over, and he messed with it a bit and they had to flee, Sophie through the portal and him through the skies. The army firebombed her town that night, and...

Recalling what had happened before getting dragged out of the sky by SOMETHING was like a splash of cold water to the face, causing the man to sit straight up with a start. "Sophie..!" He gasped in a quiet panic, beginning to now actively look around and assess his surroundings. The first thing he noticed was that he was in some sort of wine cellar, which was never a good sign. The second thing he noticed, was that he could still sense Calcifer. The world felt... different, but at the very least, Calcifer was still here. What about Sophie, and Markl? Were they still in the house with Heen and the Witch of the Wastes? Had he somehow fallen into one of Madame Suliman's traps? He doubted it, but a part of him worried about the consequences, especially as it seemed that, perhaps, escape would be a bit difficult. He doubted that he wandered into a cellar willingly.

He continued to assess the situation as he slowly rose to his feet, though he did notice as he got up that there were small pools of blood and feathers around him-- his own, most certainly-- and trailing from the closed cellar doors. ... Yeah, he definitely didn't get into his mess on his own. Sophie was going to tear him a new one after this, if he even made it out. Griping to himself internally, he carefully moved a bit closer to the door in an attempt to examine it, wondering if he could unlock it with magic if needed. Or, perhaps, maybe the one who stuck him in there would arrive and explain what's going on.

• I'm Fine
Reactions: Diluc Ragnvindr

Diluc Ragnvindr

Genshin Impact
✦ ―never forget that the dawn will one day come

It was a slow day at the Dusk Winery and, for that, Diluc was grateful. Truth be told, he hadn't expected to be quite so grateful and it had absolutely nothing to do with the bustle of activity there had been on these grounds since their grand opening, which had gone remarkably well. But then, Diluc knew how to market, he knew how to charm, and he certainly knew how to sell wine. Another day and another bustle certainly wasn't a problem under any normal circumstances, but today's circumstances had been far from normal.

The boy was--

Well, really, could he even call him a boy? By definition, he must have been something other than human as blood and feathers littered the floor of his winery. Feathers. And the feathers were on him. There were a great many options he could have taken at that point. He could have called somebody and ensured that the situation be taken entirely out of his hands, but Diluc found his heart aching at the thought of it. Who was he to call? Authorities he did not know? Knights who claimed to be good and righteous and honorable? Perhaps Diluc Ragnvindr was too untrusting for his own good, but at the very least, he liked to think that it might work in somebody else's favor and perhaps that would be the case for this strange ... bird man.

And so, he carefully hauled him to his feet, although 'onto his feet' was certainly an overstatement given the fact that Diluc ended up half carrying him and half dragging him down the stares to the wine cellar, the closest secured room he could think to leave him. Leave the cellars be, he had told the only worker who was in for the day and within twenty minutes, Diluc was sending him home early so that he could deal with the blood that was soaking into his floors without any questions.

But more importantly than that, he needed to gather supplies for his next move without watchful eyes badgering him about what the hell he was doing throwing together the type of sustenance he was throwing together.

Gods, what was he doing?

Feeling more than a little bit foolish, Diluc came down the steps to the cellar, a tray balanced in his left hand. With ease, his other hand fished out a key to unlock the cellar door and he pushed his way inside with his shoulder, stopping short when he came nearly face to face with the dark-haired stranger he had dragged down here in the first place. Only ... he was far less covered in feathers. No, he seemed to had shed some of them all over the floor instead. Diluc's gaze slipped downward for a moment toward the floor in question before returning to him and staring blankly. "Hello. I'm sorry if I worried you. I thought it best nobody barged in, given the state of you when I found you. Speaking of ..." Diluc cleared his throat and stepped further into the room, clearing his throat as though he were trying to play it all cooler than it really was. It was hard to play cool when you were about to offer a tray of varied foods that included bread rolls, corn, and ... bird seed.

"I thought you might be hungry. Nothing's poisoned and the water is some of the best natural water in the Vales," he said, holding out the tray to him, but his crimson gaze was fixed on the other's features, searching his face for what might be his first immediate reaction. Maybe he would shove him aside and race through the open door behind him. He would have understood. Or maybe he would have gobbled up the bird seed and then shoved him aside to race through the open door. He supposed he would have understood that as well.

Or maybe he would decide to sit down and have a chat.

"If you'd like something stronger, you've found yourself in the perfect place, but ... I would start with the water and go from there."

<3​

Howl Jenkins Pendragon

Howl's Moving Castle
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'3 / 191cm
Occupation
Freelance Wizard
Alignment
Chaotic Good

diluc ragnvindr | november 1st, y110
.​
Howl had been so preoccupied in his own thoughts that he had failed to hear the clicking of the lock, realizing he had company only when his eyes met the vividly red eyes of a strange man he had never met before. The taller man had bent forwards somewhat to examine the door, putting him at eye-level with Diluc, though he took a step back and returned to standing at his full height as the shorter man entered and began speaking. The state he found him in..?

A glance at the feathers and blood scattered about the cellar floor. Oh, yeah. That.

"I see. Quite the embarrassing first impression, admittedly. My apologies for the mess." He replied cooly, though he admittedly was a bit mortified for that form to be anyone's first impression of him. It wasn't beautiful in the slightest, but there were no feathers in sight at the moment, so... perhaps he could rectify that impression. Howl took a glimpse at the tray offered to him, taking it with the slightest hint of confusion in his expression.

Truthfully, he was quite hungry, but the assortment of foods laid out for him were... interesting, to say the least. The birdseed had immediately caught his eye, resulting in him letting out a brief scoff of amusement. Holding the tray in one hand, his gaze flicked back up to Diluc at the offer of alcohol after water, a gentle smile on his face. "I appreciate your generosity, sir. I have a few questions I'd like to ask you, if you don't mind..." He hummed, and with a flick of the wrist, two barrels of wine suddenly moved forth, rocking slightly from the force before Howl sat on one of them, tray resting in his lap.

"Please, have a seat." He offered with a slight motion towards the free barrel, taking a nonchalant bite out of one of the bread rolls afterwards.

• Eyes
Reactions: Diluc Ragnvindr

Diluc Ragnvindr

Genshin Impact
✦ ―never forget that the dawn will one day come

He was surprised. About a lot of things, really, even if that notion wasn't clear as day on his face. Diluc had always been somebody with a talent in appearing perfectly calm even when the situation was dire. Admittedly, this situation didn't strike him as particularly dire. If anything, his gut told him that this was, perhaps, a step up from wherever his odd, previously feathered companion had been before, although he had yet to decide whether or not it was really his place to ask. Some questions were much too personal, especially when you knew somebody as little as he knew this stranger. He hadn't even managed to get a name from him yet, although in time, he was certain it would come up.

After all, he was both kind and polite, and, frankly, he was taking all of this extraordinarily well. There was no desire to shove him aside and get out the door, a reaction that Diluc was certain he would have understood whole-heartedly. There was nothing quite like feeling caged and wanting to burst out and into your freedom. Were the dark-haired man in front of him somebody else entirely, he suspected this encounter would have gone quite differently.

He had questions, and given his current predicament, it would have been both cruel and entirely unreasonable for Diluc not to oblige. Still, his was taken aback slightly by the way two barrels of wine suddenly moved out of nowhere, the redhead very nearly missing the flick of the man's wrist. No, without a doubt, he had done that, and as though on cue, his crimson eyes searched his person for any sign of the glow of an Anemo Vision that may have helped him with such feats.

But this was Pandora, where visions were not necessarily to display such feats of magic. Some people just had the ability, some had just been born with it. There was something fascinating about that. Perhaps terrifying as well as he considered the thought of somebody with the power of a Delusion permanently at their fingertips. And yet, that was exactly the case for some.

Still, Diluc recovered smoothly from his shock and dipped his head as he took a seat smoothly on the free barrel, leaning forward just enough to perch his elbows comfortably atop his legs. His own vision, a glass orb that always glowed a faint red, hung from the belt of his pants, resting still against his thigh. "Given your circumstances, it seems only fair. Perhaps you would consider answering some of my own questions after you're finished," he offered, tilting his head slightly as he watched him. Surely he could imagine that he had them, all things considered.

At the very least, the feathers. The entire state of him.

Idly, he wondered whether or not he would touch the bird seed.

<3​

Howl Jenkins Pendragon

Howl's Moving Castle
Pronouns
he/him
Species
Human
Height
6'3 / 191cm
Occupation
Freelance Wizard
Alignment
Chaotic Good

diluc ragnvindr
| november 1st, y110

If he had to be honest, a part of him did want to shove the other man aside and make his escape. He had no idea where he was, or who this stranger was-- and having been stuck in a cellar didn't help him much. The blood and feathers at least suggested that, perhaps, he had brought him here while he was transformed for some purpose... but the wizard did not know what purpose it could have been. Was it to help him? Was it to trap him? Was it to kill him? Was it to protect him? Howl couldn't help but question and suspect the other man's reasons for hiding him away, but there was no reason to be hostile at the moment, and if things did begin to turn sour, he could merely just run away like he always did.

At the very least, he did find himself amused at the quiet surprise of the other man. Though his stoic appearance only barely changed, Howl did manage to just barely catch it before he sat down, his smile creeping a little higher for just a second before he finished off the rest of the bread roll and washed it down with a small drink of water, listening to Diluc speak.

"Ha, of course. It would be quite rude of me to not indulge your questions after all of this." He mused with a slight hum, "My questions shouldn't take too long, and I don't mind talking why I eat, so there's no need to wait, hm?" He glanced to Diluc with the same suave smile he had been wearing for most of the conversation at this point, but this time with a glimmer of curiosity in his eyes, peeking out from behind his dark hair. He noticed something quite interesting about the orb resting on his hip, an unfamiliar source of magical energy, but while his curiosity was most certainly piqued, he kept it to himself for now.

"This is a question I'm sure you were expecting, but I am curious as to where I am, if you could so kindly tell me." He asked before his eyes fell to the tray of food, the man carefully scooping a small amount of bird seed into the palm of his hand, "And... is this for me?"

He perhaps should be a bit offended, but it was truthfully more funny than anything.

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

moving tomorrow! hopefully it wont take long and the net will be switched over asap
Best bar or tavern in Crystal Vales? Presumably nearby Heavenfell, anyone?
Orange Cat is Best Cat!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

• Hannah
    we can watch the snow fall forever and ever
  • Clayr
    evil by popular demand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Talia al Ghul