By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Open Won't You Leave My Town Tonight?

This roleplay thread is open for anyone to join.

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"Yes, I've been helpful!" Cornelia cheered, clapping her hands and dancing from one foot to the other. Zidane chuckled at her little display, more glad by the day that she was there to keep him from falling into anymore depressive moods.

Just as York was explaining what he was planning to do, one of the villagers came up to them. "M-m-messeres," she stuttered, doing her best to stay away from the Santa, "is... is it truly dead?"

"Well, I'm no expert, but he definitely looks dead to me," Zidane replied, "no one's beaten him in a fight before, right? I'm sure he's not magic enough to survive any of what happened."

"We're saved?!" she cried, luring more villagers to get closer, "please, you must let us thank you! We can surely spare a reward for such brave heroes!"

Reactions: Francis Zach Morgan

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
The FBI agent let out a laugh and pressed his middle and index fingers to his temple, "Well Zach, it looks like we won't be leaving here so quickly!" he turned his attention to the woman, "What did you have in mind?"

Reactions: Zidane Tribal

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"Well, I'm sure we'll think of something," the woman said, glancing at the other villagers, most of whom were checking the surrounding buildings for damage. Fortunately, the surprise attack kept the monsters from focusing on anything else, so other than the bodies, the place seemed as clean as before.

Overhearing the conversation, a large, jolly-looking man gave a great, booming laugh. "A feast of course!" he cried, patting Zidane on the back so hard he immediately faceplanted into the ground, "we'll have the finest meal ready in the tavern before you'll know it! Am I right?!"

A young man in an apron jumped in surprise, quickly nodding and scurrying into the building that was probably the aforementioned tavern.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
"A feast huh?" thought York aloud as tapped his chest in thought, "That sounds good. But I should warn you, I'm very particular about my meals," he offered his hand to help the teenager, who was clearly unprepared for the hefty man's enthusiasm, up off the ground, "Do you plan on joining in, Zidane?"

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
"Ahaha!" the tavern-owner placed a hand on his jiggling belly as York spoke, "don't worry my friend, we'll make it work! Can't let our saviors go without a proper thanks!" He seemed to already be making plans in his head.

With a groan, Zidane started to pull himself back up, nodding at York in thanks as he accepted the hand offered. Before he could answer, Cornelia was already jumping in, shaking Zidane by the shoulders in excitement.

"Oh, we haven't had a real feast in so long!" she chirped, "this is gonna be great! We're gonna stay, right? Of course we'll stay!" Zidane didn't actually answer, too dazed from the shaking after getting knocked over to stay standing. Once again, he faceplanted to the ground. Cornelia was too excited to really notice, listing off the various foods she wanted to eat.

• Wow

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
York smiled at the larger man, "Great! Zach and I are looking forward to it!"

The FBI agent laughed at Cornelia's excitement, "Of course, it's always good to treat yourself to something-" he stopped as the adolescence fell back to the ground.

It didn't take a doctor to figure out that he wasn't feeling well.

The scar-faced man fought through the pain in his ribs as he bent down to lift the teen back onto his feet, "It seems our fight to quite the toll on you Zidane. It would probably be wise for you to rest after everything you've done today," he steadied the young man with his right hand, "Zach and I can walk you to an inn if you don't think you can manage on your own."

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Cornelia was still listing off foods as Zidane once again pulled himself to his feet. With a shake of his head, he groaned, "I'm fine, I'm fine. I got hit less than you. Just... geez, don't ever get hit then shaken around like that. Not fun."

Although, a nap was sounding pretty good right about then. After all the adrenaline stopped pumping, he could feel that exhaustion that came from a fight. He even yawned as he tried to deny, saying, "I'm perfectly fine."

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
"You're not fine," replied York sternly as he supported Zidane's tired body, "Overwork is a very serious thing. I'll help you to the locale inn."

As he dragged the teenager to the inn, in spite of his protests, it was beginning to dawn upon the FBI agent just how much of a tole the fight took on him. It didn't do him very good to have done so much running with the state his ribs were in.

"On second... thought-" struggled the exhausted agent, "I think you're... right. I guess... you're not the... only one who'll be... skipping out on... the feast. Hopefully, they'll... save something for... their "saviors.""

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Zidane's protesting noises probably made him seem even younger than he was, but he couldn't really help it. He was definitely feeling like a kid being put down for a nap he didn't want. Maybe he could've fought back, but then Cornelia was standing at his other side.

"Oh! Are you gonna nap through the feast? Or do you want me to wake you up? Because I can do that! We'll be there just in time!" Despite everything that had happened, the daemon seemed completely unphazed. She was practically bouncing behind them.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
The FBI agent paused to recover his breath, "Now now, Cornelia. You shouldn't rile Zidane up any more than he already is. Just help me get him into a bed. I'll probably find a room of my own afterwards," he gave the spirit a warm smile, "Zach and I would appreciate it if you could save us something from the feast."

With that, York resumed his journey. Fortunately, the teenager was too tired to provide much resistance on the way to the inn.

After a grueling walk up the hill, the scar-faced man opened the door to the inn. Only to find that it was empty, "Looks like the owner left to join in the festivities... Well, I'm sure he won't mind if the town's "saviors" take up 2 of his rooms," he turned to Zidane, "Are you feeling mature enough to go to sleep on your own, without Zach and I having to force you?"

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Zidane was feeling himself puff up slightly at the paternalistic tone York seemed to be taking. He wasn't a child and he didn't need to be treated like a toddler that was being put down for a nap. Quietly as an aside to Cornelia, he muttered, "yeah, wake me up for the feast."

The inn was empty by the time they got there, which was fine by him. If the owner didn't want them to just take a room, they should've stayed to watch it. That was on them, not Zidane, who immediately started his way to find a room.

"Wh-I am mature!" he snapped, "I've been living with only my daemon for months now, and I haven't died yet, have I? Yes, I can put myself to bed."

• Haha

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
York was surprised by Zidane's hostility. He turned his head to the side put his fingers to his temple, "You know Zach, I always find it fascinating how defensive teenagers can get over even the slightest implication that they're being called childish..."

"...That's a good point Zach, I'd be lying if I said I was any different at that age. In the same way that I wanted people be respectful of how I looked back then, I should try to be respectful of his feelings. It is a sensitive age after all."

As if he hadn't said all that aloud, the FBI agent took his fingers off of his forehead and returned his gaze to the teen, "You're right, that probably wasn't the best way I could've put it. It's just that you didn't seem particularly receptive towards the idea just a little while earlier."

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Zidane stared blankly at York as he discussed with himself. It was probably his already bad mood that made him feel rather uncharitable by that point. He started muttering under his breath about how he'd rather be stuck with Quina, at least he/she wouldn't be condescending.

"I'm still not particularly receptive," he grumbled, "but at this point it seems like I'm outvoted. So fine, I'll take a nap, if it means so much to you."

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
"I'm glad to hear it!" exclaimed an oblivious York, happy to have been able to reach an understanding with the teenager, "I'll wait here for a few minutes, to catch my breath, before going to sleep myself. I have the distinct feeling like going up those stairs will be tricky for me."

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
As an annoyed teen, Zidane wasn't happy that York wasn't noticing his bad mood. Not that acknowledgement would've done much more than make him want to demonstrate his anger more, but being ignored didn't help.

It wasn't until York mentioned having trouble with the stairs that Zidane's glare lessened. "You need to catch your breath?" he asked, "oh, right, the coal or whatever. Are you going to be alright? Should we maybe find a healer first?"

• Wow

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
York blinked at the mention of a healer, "...Oh that's right! I completely forgot that there was magic here!" he let out a laugh, "-and here I thought I'd have to go through the next few months with broken ribs. Thank you Zidane! Zach and I would appreciate it if you could direct us to a healer-" he paused for a moment, "-They'd probably be able to take care of you while they're at it, right?"

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Despite the mood Zidane was in, he couldn't help but snort at York's surprise. "You just fought a giant acrobat with flying reindeer, and you somehow forgot that magic's a thing? Hell, you're talking to a guy with a monkey tail and a literal spirit," he gestured over to Cordelia, "and forgot that?"

That said, he didn't really know where or who to go to. It wasn't like he was from the town. He glanced over at Cordelia and said, "well, we can take a look around, since it's not like we got hurt. Maybe take a seat and we'll come back with someone who can help."

• Haha

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
"Does being born in a shape I'm not accustomed to really count as magic?," pointed at York, "But when you put it like that I suppose it is rather silly."

The FBI agent considered Zidane's offer, "Are you sure? You seemed pretty exhausted just a while ago. I can just wait here while you sleep, after all Zach and I were in the middle of a truly riveting discussion of one of John Badham's finest works, "Blue Thunder", specifically Malcolm McDowell's role in it. So you don't have to worry about keeping us waiting."

Zidane Tribal

Final Fantasy
Species
Genome
Height
5'8"
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Zidane's good mood briefly faltered at the question. He simply answered with a quiet, "it's complicated." He didn't want to go into detail about how he came into existence. Instead, he gestured for Cordelia as they started heading out.

"I'm an actor, do you know how much I've had to do all my life while completely exhausted? I've done way more than this on way less sleep. I'll be fine. You two just... talk about that thing." Truly, this was a weird, weird guy.

Francis Zach Morgan

Deadly Premonition
Alias
Agent York
Species
Human
Occupation
FBI Special Agent
Alignment
Lawful Good
link
Organizer
link
York let out a laugh, "You never fail to surprise me Zidane. I apologize for underestimating you, for what feels like the hundredth time now. If you think you can handle it, then by all means please try to find a healer," he removed a cigarette from his jacket, "-and if you don't mind, when you return, I'd love to hear about the plays you've performed in. In the meantime, Zach and I will continue our conversation from before-," he put his fingers to his temple.

"-Let's see, where were we Zach...?"

"...Ah that's right. So as I was saying while I agree that McDowell performed in "Blue Thunder" with an extra intensity that really elevated the overall message of the film; there's something about his more stilted deliveries in "Cat People" that I just can't get enough of..."

"...Oh sure you can argue that, that was unintentional, but I really do think that it was a deliberate decision on the part of-"
York was lost in his own world.

Current Season

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agatha Harkness
Top Bottom