By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private Work Hard... Then Work Harder

Magnus Bane

The Mortal Instruments
Race
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
April 15th, Year 109
@Alec Lightwood

Magnus waited until Alec is asleep before silently sliding out from under the covers and making his way to his workspace. The temptation to fall asleep beside Alec as his breathing evened out beside him was higher than normal - especially considering the fact that this was the... fifth? sixth? night in a row of sneaking in a few extra hours of work overnight - but he managed to keep himself conscious long enough to steal away.

Before now he'd simply stayed up late at his desk, or over a potion, always telling Alec he'll join him shortly. It was always a lie, and when Alec caught on he started making sure Magnus actually went to bed by waiting for him. Of course, Magnus wasn't about to make Alec suffer sleepless nights just because he was working on something.

But he also wasn't ready to tell Alec about it, either. There was no guarantee the spell to bring Alec's Pandora memories back would work. He thought it might, he found a few spells that were from worlds that weren't his own, but with elements he was almost positive he could access if he could just get the mixture right for the potion, and the wording perfectly translated for the incantation, and-

And it was taking a lot of time, and a lot of research, and because he wasn't even sure if Alec would want something like this, and not wanting to even propose the suggestion without knowing it'd be entirely possible, he decided to keep his research to himself for now. But Alec mentioned more than once these past few months that he wished he remember the things Magnus did from this world, and if there was any chance he was serious about that, Magnus wanted to make it a reality.

Even if it came at the cost of all of his beauty sleep.

The notes were locked in a bottom drawer and he made his way to the key he kept hidden in a small decorative jar, unlocking the drawer and pulling out a stack of loosely bound, hand-written notes, ready to pick up where he left off the night before for as long as he could will himself to focus.

Alec Lightwood

The Mortal Instruments
Alec jerked awake, blinking in the darkness of the bedroom, trying to figure out what had woken him up. He didn’t hear anything, straining to hear the sound of a scuffle, or a fight - an intruder, anything that would have pulled him from sleep. But there was nothing, and Alec turned over to see if Magnus had woken up too, only to find an empty bed. He frowned. Lately, Magnus had been coming to bed later and later. He’d always made sure to wait up for him, but apparently Magnus had just been waiting for him to fall asleep before making his escape again.​
Something sank in his gut as he sat up, wiping sleep from his eyes. Did Magnus not want to sleep in the same bed as him? He’d seemed good lately - Alec might not be his Alec, and Magnus might not be the Magnus he’d left behind but they’d been making progress. Making their own memories.​
But it felt like something….more.​
Like Magnus had something on his mind. Alec knew how stubborn he could be about sharing things, especially when he thought he could handle them himself. He sighed, slinging his legs over the side of the bed and grunting at the cold press of the hardwood floor beneath his feet.​
He stood, padding out of the room and down the hall. It didn’t take him long to find Magnus with a pile of papers in his hand. “Hey,” he said, quietly.​

Magnus Bane

The Mortal Instruments
Race
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Magnus startled at the sudden voice behind him, dropping the papers and cursing in the process before scrambling to pick them up.

"Hey yourself," Magnus attempted to recover, suddenly very glad he numbered the bottoms of all of his notes habitually. Magnus cleared his throat and placed the papers onto the desk as casually as possible, closing the bottom drawer with his foot as he turned to face Alec.

"Sorry if I woke you," he apologized, knowing that it probably wouldn't be enough to get Alec to go back to bed but hoping anyway. "I just have a few edits to make on this that I thought of, promise I'll be quiet as a mouse. Why don't you go back to sleep?"

Alec Lightwood

The Mortal Instruments
"Can't sleep without you," Alec said casually, looking at the papers in Magnus' hands. He was pretty sure he wasn't telling him the whole truth, otherwise he wouldn't have waited until Alec was in bed and asleep to sneak out again. He wasn't sure if it was his place to ask - they were, things were good, yeah, but he didn't want to cross boundaries he wasn't entitled do. He wasn't - he wasn't his Alec, and he was afraid of putting a foot wrong.

"You haven't been staying in bed all week," he said, softly. "If it's - if it was too soon to share a bed that's - I can move to the spare room," he said. He didn't want to but if Magnus was having trouble staying in bed because of him, if it was too soon....he didn't want that. "I just...feel like it's more than what you're telling me."

Magnus Bane

The Mortal Instruments
Race
Warlock
Occupation
High Warlock of Brooklyn
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Magnus felt guilty the moment Alec's eyes drifted down to the papers in his hands as he rushed to put them behind him on the desk, hopefully out of sight and out of mind.

"I'll be there soon, darling." Magnus tried to reassure him, and almost added the word 'promise', except he knew it wouldn't be a promise he would keep. Not that he expected Alec to believe that he'd be back to bed soon, either.

Magnus waited a second, hoping he'd just accept it and go back to bed, but of course he didn't. Alec continued, not quite prying but concerned enough that he couldn't just walk away, which only made Magnus feel guiltier for sneaking around at night because Alec thought this was about being around him, and of course it wasn't.

"No," Magnus was quick to correct. "It isn't that at all. Trust me, I would much rather be curled up around you in bed right now." Of course, it was more than Magnus was telling him, because Magnus was terrified of the answer he might get once he brought up what he was working on. Even if he was almost positive it was something not only possible, but that he could do. Even if it was something Alec had mentioned wanting more than once.

Because what if he was just saying that to make Magnus feel better?

"I've just been working on something," Magnus started vaguely. "And I didn't want to bother you with it until I was certain it would even work. I didn't mean to worry you."

Current Season

Status Updates

"...Whoever said 'Silence is Golden', obviously never needed friends or family around."
tfw the anole in your house keeps outsmarting you. #FloridaProblems
Thank you for the April Fools gift. I liked it VERY MUCH. https://i.ibb.co/XCSq05b/present.png
the disintegrations were an aprilfool. those manthings will be back in three days.

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lie Ren
Top Bottom