By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Complete you are my truest feeling yet

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

1:02 PM / 02 . 14 . 109 / river town

Valentine's day had never been his favorite holiday, but it was officially going to be his first time celebrating the holiday alone in three years. That fact alone stung in a way Leone hadn't been expecting. It was a reminder that yes, he did have to deal with the gang alone. And yes, this world knew how to be cruel and would mock him whenever possible.

He didn't want to think for a night about anything, or about what it meant when he didn't truly know what to do with himself with Bruno not around. Being alone was an old problem and old problems lead to even older solutions, but maybe not all of the old solutions. River Town had a nice liquor store not too far from an even nicer bakery, so he considered it worth a small trip.

The soldato had lit a cigarette, taking the longer route to enjoy some temporary peace. His headphones were on, taking a long drag as he turned the corner into an alleyway. It hadn't taken him long to learn the streets, moving without having to bother with the crowd. He took another turn, having to cross through a busy street before a familiar pattern caught him off guard.

Bruno? For a moment, it's almost easy to blame the lack of sleep. To assume that it's just his mind playing tricks on him, but his voice isn't something he can mistake. Leone paused the music playing, pulling the headphones down to rest around his neck before quickly stubbed the cigarette out on a wall. He moved quicker now, with purpose before he caught up. "Bruno?" The hope in his voice betrays him, almost begging the pantheon of this world to grant him one simple kindness.

@Bruno Bucciarati

• Love
Reactions: Bruno Bucciarati

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

Mista's words were long forgotten as he dashed forwards, disregarding everything but the imminent threat posed at his team. In the background, he could faintly hear a shout as he dove over the raised platform. He could feel the air rush through his hair, but not the frantic pace his heart might have beat at if he was still living. Perhaps his current state was what enabled him to take such risky gambits, allowing him to throw himself into the proverbial jaws of the lion... Of course, his own bodily health had never once crossed his mind whenever he undertook such gambles. Even if he were still alive, he would still be in the place he was in. To protect one's team while fulfilling his mission was the duty of a Capo, something that he has failed thus far. It was crucial that he succeeded in this at least: defeating the Stand-user attempting to kill what he had left.

The ground before his face exploded in a shower of rocks, just as Bruno had planned. What he had not taken into factor was the sudden appearance of vines. Black tendrils wrapped around his body, their cruel grip leaving no room for opposition. He had no opportunity to strike back for before he realized it, he was deposited onto worn down cobblestone. Night-time had transformed into day, the sun merrily winking where there had once been a moon. The air was chilly with the frost of departing winter, and beyond the alleyway he suddenly found himself, Bruno could hear the bustle of a lively city.

This couldn't be anything but the attack of some stand-user, but which? Save for each other, Cioccolata and Secco worked alone. The Boss's time-limit was a mere ten seconds, and if it was him, he would have been destroyed by now. "Mista?" Bruno called out as he stumbled to his feet, a frown replacing his previous expression of confusion. It did well to mask the utter panic that engulfed him like a wild-fire. Where was he? He trudged through the alleyway, but nothing looked familiar. He wasn't in Italy, much less Rome. At one point, he stumbled across a drunk slumped over against the wall, conscious enough to answer his question of "Where am I?" with Rivertown. He only managed to get another word out of him, it being "Pandopolis" in reference to where Rivertown was. In other words, he was completely lost.

Bruno only made it a few steps further before an impossible voice broke through the silence. The only explanation was some sort of hallucination, a trick played by either his cruel mind or the stand-user that had dumped him here. Yet he couldn't stop himself from whirling around, looking for a person he had left behind among a grave of flowers. "Leone?" His voice nearly failed him as he uttered that single name. It couldn't be real, but there was no way he would mistake him for any other. A belligerent countenance that would always soften in his presence, lilac eyes with shades of gold, a man who offered him peace. It didn't make sense, it couldn't have been anything but an illusion - or perhaps he had truly died and this was a posthumous reunion. Bruno couldn't help the hope that spluttered to life at the sight of Abbacchio.

Even as he stepped forward, he was cautious to approach almost as if he could shatter the illusion by moving an inch too close. "How is this possible?" He couldn't find the words to voice his thoughts, to give life to the questions that sat on the tip of his tongue or the hope that this was reality. "You're alive."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Leone Bucciarati

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

It's an achingly familiar scenario, only without the rain and he wasn't quite drunk yet. Multicolored eyes soften, feeling the tension in his shoulders instantly let up. It was him. The words barely register, Abbacchio merely basking in the sound of his voice. There was no mistaking it, there was no trick to the caution in his stance. No trick to the relief or the sound of his first name and oh, that's the first thing to move his heart in months.

Which meant that he had seen him die, and by god causing Bucciarati pain had always been the last thing he wanted to do. The mafioso can easily recall how Narancia had struggled to tell him, had wanted to but found the words were difficult until he slowly pieced it together himself. Now it's his turn to struggle with words, taking another step forward as he tried to find a way to explain. "I... It's strange, but this place has nothing to do with a stand. It's called Pandora."

He knew Bucciarati had to be thinking about the possibility of this being an illusion, something to do with a Stand. It was the same thought he had in the beginning. It was the only explanation that made sense, having seen things at least similar before this with more powerful stands. It was similar to the turtle's key, but only on a much larger scale with much more ground to cover.

"It's not the afterlife or anything dangerous. It's another world, Narancia called it sci-fi bullshit and he wasn't wrong. It... messes with time, as well." It's the closest Abbacchio came to touching on the subject of his death, giving a small pause after. "Almost everyone's here, they're all together and safe. I've been making sure they don't get in too far over their heads."

Swallowing the swell of emotions for even a moment just to get out an explanation, to try to ease any worry Bruno may have leaves him itching for another cigarette. Yet he'd always been Bruno's soldato, and giving a report in a similar manner wasn't anything he wasn't used to despite wanting nothing more than to pull him close.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

Leone.

His name had just slipped out naturally. Not Soldato Abbacchio, not just plain Abbacchio. Leone. As the head of their gang, as Capo, he had always ensured that he treated the others with formality in public. While in view of prying eyes, it had always been Abbacchio. Yet, Leone still slipped out and Bruno was sure that if his heart still moved, that it would be hammering in his ears. After Sardegna, he had thought that he would never once more utter the name in public.

"How can this not be the doing of a Stand?" Leone had been completely dead, left to bathe in Sardegna's sun as crimson stained the rocks. They had left him behind to his death. He never said goodbye. Bruno had turned away from the sight, blood trailing down his lip from where he had bit himself to silence his grief. Giorno could not revive him. There was in no way that the vision before him could be real.

But Bruno could not bear to tear his eyes away now. He watched as Abbacchio lingered closer, aware of the fact that this was most likely a trap tailored to finally kill him once and for all. Despite that, however, he didn't step away. He listened as he always has, watching him with a gaze that could not truly mask the depth of emotion he felt for the other. For what it was, it was a beautiful lie. How else could they be reunited in any way but death?

His brows furrowed in thought, still hesitant to fully believe in the explanation being given. A benign realm that existed separately from stands and divorced from time. The others were here; Leone was alive. It seemed too good to be true, too good to be anything but a trap. He had lost him to the boss, he had witnessed a lifeless corpse whose face mirrored the one staring back at him.

It was so real. If he closed his mind for even a brief second, Bruno could imagine that they were back in Naples, that Abbacchio was reading him yet another report. But this was Pandora, some sci-fi bullshit where the dead walked. Every part of the concept screamed that this was a trap, that he was to fight back against the entity who had attacked him with their Stand, but he didn't.

"I trust that you did a good job, then." Even if Leone had a belligerent streak that broke only in privacy's comfort, despite his biting words, he was a golden soldato. He cared for the others beyond mere obligation, save for one.

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

It was habit. He knew how to keep his emotions in check, he knew how to keep himself from getting too affectionate with Bruno in public. Leone had spent most of his life fearing for the day the wrong person would see him slip up. It wasn't like they couldn't protect themselves, but thinking of the need ever arising in the first place chilled him in a way nothing else ever had.

Putting the man he loved in any more danger than he was already in was something he avoided thoroughly. Caution was always key, but Pandora wasn't the same as Italy. They were safe, he could kiss a man in public and have no one bat an eye. None of it felt real, it felt like some far off dream that he'd had for years. Like some old ghost of hope clinging to his heart and it was terrifying. Bruno had seen him die. Giorno had told him about their capo's death. He had drank himself stupid for two days and then acted like everything was fine.

And now he was here, standing before him. Calling him Leone and by every god it hurts. The soldato's throat closed up, quickly trying to clear it as he struggled to keep his composure. It felt like there was a hole in his chest, the guilt had chewed it through him while he wasn't looking. He hadn't noticed. He couldn't tell that the love of his life had died and now here he was, telling him that he trusts him and it chokes him entirely.

"I..." He could feel the panic attack swirling around near his heart, taking a breath to correct his breathing. Bruno didn't need this already. He needed answers, reassurance. Anything but the mess that Abbacchio's head had become without him. "I talked with Giorno. He told me about your death, and Narancia's. Narancia told me about mine." The mafioso's voice broke, taking a shaky breath.

Why didn't you tell me? is a cruel question, one that remains silent even when it's the only thing he can think. "I've been here for two months. The others have been here longer, I'm sure they can explain it better I just... I... I didn't know if I would ever see you again." More than anything, he hates the way his voice falls quieter, how the words are choked on when they should be so easy. They come close to breaking, so eerily close.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

Admittedly, his relationship with his Soldato ran far deeper than it should have for someone in their positions. Bruno was aware of every danger that existed, the foremost the threat of their bond being used against them. Italy was Italy, and they were members of an organization infamous for its capacity for cruelty. The less that was said about their relationship, the better.

In public, they were Bucciarati and Abbacchio and that was all. A Capo and his Soldato.

But this was a unique situation, was it not? A man whom he cared for deeply, one who he had left behind without even a burial, was standing before him. Breathing and alive where he was not. And that was another issue, was it not? He has been nothing more than a walking corpse, a situation without a remedy as far as he was aware. If this was truly his Leone, then how could he ever try to explain? How much longer could he slip around him and pretend?

Already there was evidence of pain, it existed in his voice and in the way he looked at him. How would he fare knowing that the Capo whom was his only source of peace was dead? Has been dead? Only, he already knows, and the confession causes his eyes to widen momentarily. "Narancia's?" It was a single name, but his voice left him at the revelation. Out of compulsion, he bit down on his cheek to keep his emotions in check. His gaze dropped from Abbacchio's face to the floor.

Narancia's death.

So two had died for his cause, both so undeserving of such a cruel fate. Narancia's death. He knew the dangers of swimming after their boat, he had known it would have been safer to stay behind with Fugo. Should he have ordered him to stay away after all? He could feel the blood well up. Even if the teenager had some flimsy understanding that he would die, it was still an ending that he did not deserve.

He would not dare encroach on the subject of Abbacchio's death, not when the subject was still so raw and personal. But, "How much did Giorno tell you of my own?" Had he revealed the whole truth to Abbacchio, or did he speak of some final event he has yet to witness? A part of him hoped the latter if only he could stall for time.

For the first time since Sardegna, he stepped close enough to raise his hand and gently brush his fingers along Leone's arm. Leone was real. He could only hope that the touch was as grounding for Leone as it was for himself. Especially if he was aware of this condition he has come to be in. "I am glad to see you again, Leone," he admitted softly, his voice betraying not only what he felt for the other, but the undercurrent of hurt. Then Bruno retreated backward, curling his hand -the one where bone peeked through where flesh once was- in his pocket. He had already indulged himself in something the dead did not deserve. "I'm glad that they had you to help them in my absence."

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

The telltale sting of tears surprises him far more than it should. From Bruno's reaction, it's clear that even he didn't know about Narancia's death. It was something he hadn't been able to think about, something he desperately tried to ignore when it clawed so deeply at his heart. More than he ever admitted, Abbacchio cared deeply about everyone in their group. They were family and half of them had died. He wanted to move forward, comfort him but he found himself stuck, attempting to bite back the sob slowly dragging itself up his throat.

He blinked, looking away for a moment and taking another breath. Composure, the mafioso needed to find it again. "He told me... that the Boss killed you. Back on the island. That you... you died again later." Even repeating it, he wants to fall back into his room with five more bottles of wine.

The moment Bruno's hand touched his arm, Leone felt something in him break. His resolve, maybe. The delicate wall he'd been trying to build to keep himself in check. Hearing Leone again, after resigning himself to believing that there would never be someone close enough to his heart to say such an intimate thing ever again.

A hand moved instantly to cover Bruno's, wanting to keep him from pulling away but Leone stopped himself. He let it fall back to his side, trying to ignore the way it shook. "They need you back now more than ever. Things have been tense, Giorno kept your death and Narancia's quiet. I... I told him about his because he deserved to know. Giorno would've hidden my death from me as well apparently."

Secrets never lasted among the team, that was a lesson the blond had to learn eventually and he'd chosen the hard way. A way that was bound to do more harm than good in the long run.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

Their little gang had become something of a patchwork family. They squabbled with each other, got into more trouble than they should, but they had each other. He had taken both Fugo and Narancia under his wing, was there for both when they had been abandoned. He knew that Passione was the opposite of a safe environment for such young teenagers, but they had been happy.

But not only had he died, not only had Abbacchio died, but Narancia had died as well. It did not stir any physical response, his body too long gone for that, but if it could his heart would clench in pain. Neither deserved that.

"So you know that I am dead," It saved him from having to explain, but it still sat uneasily. One look at Abbacchio's countenance explained how well he had taken the news. In other words, he took it poorly. Perhaps not from the way Giorno had revealed it, but from its contents. Abbacchio knew that he was undead, not that it was hard to notice if one looked close enough.

Perhaps he had done more harm than good, Bruno realized as he looked at Leone. The tremble of his hand did not escape him, nor the eyes that always told him what he needed to know. But he didn't dare risk reaching for Leone's hand. His cold skin would be too much.

"I can understand why he would try," he uttered; it made sense. Giorno had only tried to protect them from something that couldn't be hid. "But the truth eventually comes out. It would have been better if he had been straightforward with what happened. I cannot fault him, though, for trying." He never doubted Giorno's heart, but at least the blond cared enough to try to provide that comfort.

Last edited:
  • Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Part of him was begging to talk about anything else, anything that might stop the consistant thrum of anxiety coursing through his veins but the soldato knew better. There wasn't anything that would soothe the spike, not when Bruno retained his composure with ease. Not when the current conversation topic was Giorno goddamn Giovanna. "You died and somehow hid it from all of us except Giorno. He knew, and I never did."

Not until his own death, which had only been seconds away before this place sunk it's claws into him and pulled him to some sort of safety. A most likely temporary second chance at whatever the hell sort of life Abbacchio could manage in a place that didn't take too kindly to crime.

Bruno had always been able to read him like a book. From day one, he was better at understanding how he felt far better than the soldato had ever managed. It built trust quickly, knowing that he wouldn't be misunderstood a single step of the way. Even now, it's all given away to him freely. Something that could so easily be interpreted as jealously or anger towards the capo, but instead boiled down to something Abbacchio knew far too well; anger towards himself.

It was something that should've been obvious. Something he should've known from the moment it happened. Secrets never lasted in their gang, not even Bucciarati's in the few attempts he had made. Being Bruno's soldato in the first place meant there were nearly no secrets between the two, being his boyfriend even more so. And while it hurts, the blame is simpler when placed on himself instead. There was no opportunity for the two of them to be alone, a place where he could've spoken to him about it without being overheard.

For a rare moment of his life, Leone wanted to be optimistic. Logic spoke of how Bruno was simply being careful and didn't want to watch him fall off the wagon. He didn't need his soldato riddled with fear and anxiety in the final stretch. That was how their capo had always been but the ache in his chest spins the question around. He should've been able to tell.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

His Soldato spoke with a tone of voice that was far from accusatory, yet Bruno almost winced. I never did. He had hidden the truth from Leone for his own benefit, he once thought he would have the time to tell him once the boss was killed. The anger buried within those words weren't aimed at him when it should have been. He was aware that it was aimed at Abbacchio himself, that he had internalized it as yet another mistake. Bruno knew why, knew that it related to the spiral of events that led Abbacchio to drown in a bottle. He never wanted to be something that caused him pain.

"I did not tell him over you." The conversation in a car, a hand checking him for a pulse he no longer had. The only thing Giorno had found was cold, dead skin. "I did not want to bother you with an unfixable problem when there was already so much to deal with." Such was the simple, honest truth. He had died and this state of reanimation was the closest to a solution, albeit a temporary one. Even now he can feel his body unravel at the seams.

Pretty words, however, would not dispell the torrent of emotions within his Leone. He has known him for long enough to read the look within his eyes and the intricate details hidden by his body language. Abbacchio was a private man who said little about his emotions, but they had always been clear to him. It was why they worked together so well, not only as Capo and Soldato. There was no doubt, no second-guessing; they trusted each other fully. They talked to each other.

Of course it hurt to know that he had managed to hide such an important secret.

He had done it for all of the well-being of the gang. Following their defection, every turn of the corner revealed more and more danger. Moments to rest were few and far in-between. What good would it have been to tell them that their leader was dead? That the boss had killed him before they ever stepped onto the boat to join him?

In hindsight, maybe he should have. Perhaps they would not have been so ready to throw away their lives for his cause. Would Narancia have stayed behind - would he be alive if he had revealed his secret? But then what would happen to Trish? Despite the numbness that had long overtaken his body, the questions felt like a stone in his chest.

"I am sorry, Leone, that I did not tell you. I thought it would be for the better," Abbacchio once died never knowing, was that a good or bad thing? "No one noticed because of the situation we were in. Giorno figured it out due to the role his stand played in my revival. It's not something you should blame yourself for."

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Unfixable problem. The words feel like a slap to the face. Their capo, a man who easily wore the label of invincible considered this an unfixable problem. Even if their options were limited, there always had to be a way. Even back home, surely they could've found something. Some insanely clever way that seemed like someone pulled it out of their ass at last second all to save their beloved capo. Nothing was impossible, not if it meant keeping Bruno safe. They were all dedicated to him, to making sure their world order wasn't ever tipped on it's side.

"Didn't want to bother me? There has to be a way to fix this, Bucciarati. There's no way that it's an unfixable problem." Out of everything they were dealing with at the time, he would've been better at handling trying to imagine a solution on the side. Out of all of them, Leone could've done it. It would've been hard, it would've hurt and caused more worry than the mission already had, but it would've been done. Impossibilities be damned.

There was an underlying note of anxiety to his voice that the soldato had never been able to guise when it came to Bruno. He's sure it's clear as a bell to the capo, but for the moment he didn't care about being an open book. All it had ever taken was hearing his first name grace Bruno's lips, it unraveled every single barrier he'd established between himself and the world. Even if it was merely for the moment, it was more than anyone had ever managed.

He sighed, trying to take a moment to attempt to rebuild some of those carefully crafted barriers. "You did what you thought was best. That's not something you should ever apologize for." There would be no comment on blaming himself, knowing that they were both fully aware that there was very little stopping that spiral once it had started. "I'll need a week, hopefully less time than that, but if I do enough digging I'm sure I can find something here to fix your unfixable problem."

Pandora was full of bullshit magic, superhero shit, anything and everything one could want. There had to be someone who could bring him back fully, make it not so temporary of a solution. If Giovanna couldn't do it, that just meant looking elsewhere.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

Unfixable problem.

The solution Giorno had unwittingly found for his fatal condition was a temporary one. He was dead. It was a painful truth, but one that was unavoidable. His body was numb, his flesh was rotting, he was void of the signs of life. He had turned into nothing more than a shambling corpse whose soul was clinging onto a thread.

In the end, he had lost two of them who never should have met death's cold grasp so soon. He was a mere casualty before any of his gang had broken their oaths to the mafia. But Abbacchio and Narancia? They once had the opportunity to live a full life, even if it was devoid of his presence. Their deaths were unnecessary wastes of life, something that sat fully upon his shoulders.

Abbacchio's naivety was a spear through his unbeating heart. It hurt to see the desperate hope that this was a situation that could be remedied. Bruno could not know for sure what existed within Pandora, but he doubted that there could be some existence capable of reversing the damage that has been done to his body. He was dead, and such was the truth of his life.

Bruno steeled his voice as he met the other's eyes, lips pursed together to keep his own emotions stifled. "I have been dead for a few days now. I am not sure how much longer I have," despite himself, his gaze dropped to the pavement between them, "I don't want you to get your hopes up that this is something that can be healed." The words felt like fire to speak, but he owed him that honesty. He was painfully aware of the walls that his Soldato had constructed to protect his once unmovable heart, and the last thing Bruno wished was to rob him of their comfort.

A week? A part of him doubted that he could find a solution within a decade. What existed that could get his heart to pump once more and his body to reverse the necrose it has been undergoing? Perhaps Giorno could stall its progress, but he was dead. Rotting. "Thank you, Leone," because the sentiment mattered. Abbacchio had always gone through impossible lengths for him, dirtying his hands for him (oh how that weighed on him), fighting for him.

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Nothing hurts quite as much as seeing Bruno Bucciarati give up. It only cemented his own hope, knowing that one of them had to find a way to cling to it. Even a pessimist can have moments of hope built from desperation. Giorno did this, he had to be able to give them an extension.

He sighed again, lips forming a thin line as he looked at the buildings to their left. "We'll figure it out, Bruno." They always did, they always had to. "There have to be options out there, I can track down as many leads as it takes."

He stuffed his hands into his pockets, another barrier to keep himself from reaching out. Call it habit, call it a curse, call it a weakness. Now wasn't the time, not when Abbacchio needed to focus on directions and leading him back to what the gang currently called home. "For now, let's get you back to the others."

Things had been tense back home, and while he knew everyone would be happy to see their capo, Giorno hadn't told anyone about Bruno's death. Now that he was here, now that the clock was ticking, it was going to have to come out too.

It was the one thing he couldn't mention to Narancia, the words were still too heavy on his tongue. It was something he hadn't wanted to accept, let alone ever discuss. Now only served to prove that he wasn't accepting it, refusing to let it go or give up when they still had time.

Pale eyes glanced in the direction Leone had originally been heading, shaking his head slightly before pointing towards the alley he'd come through. "It's usually a longer trip, but I've learned some shortcuts if you're ready."

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

It was only logical for him to doubt the possibility of him returning from this limbo that he had fallen into. Giorno's power, miraculous as it was, could only go so far. While his soul had been reborn by the light of golden dreams, his body was dead. Death was eternal and his body was approaching the end of the road. If he didn't strain it further, if Giorno repaired what was broken, then maybe he could exist for another week. But at the end of the day, this was a temporary situation.

Leone was hopeful.
He could cling harder to this mortal world, then, and believe in him as he has always done.
Four simple words: "I believe in you."

Back to the others. It would be nice to see them once more, though there was anxious energy that coursed through him. They were relatively safe in this world, that much was obvious. Did they know of his secret as well, or was there something that he would need to finally reveal? Would they mourn for a capo who had died without their realization?

"Lead the way, Abbacchio. You know the best way, after all." He approached the other's side but dared not to touch him less his walls crumbled. Everything was too painful to return to their status quo. More than anything, Bruno did not want to break his heart further. He did not want to see the look in Leone's eyes when he felt a stone-cold palm, he did not want to see the ghosts of a frown on his face.

He kept his eyes on the alleyway that Abacchio had pointed to. That was the path to their destination; was it Abbacchio's home, now? His mind strayed to questions such as "how close was it to liquor stores?" and "how many bottles has he drowned himself in?" Leone had come so far from the state Bruno had found him in, but humans were creatures of habit. More than anything, Bruno did not want to watch someone so dear to his soul spiral back into that fathomless pit. Leone's heart has finally begun to beat again; he hoped that it would not still like his has.

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

He led the way in silence, guiding Bruno through the city while trying to stop himself from stealing glances. Narancia hadn't been sure if Bruno would show up or not, this place never gave surefire answers it seemed. Yet here he was, and they were going to fix this. There were already a few ideas that came to mind; places to look, people that would know more.

It was going to be alright.

By the time everyone had spoken with Bruno, hugs getting thrown around and words that Abbacchio almost tried to tune out were said, he felt drained in a way he hadn't expected. It had been a lot of time spent wondering what the hell he was supposed to be doing, but now there was a goal. A clear goal, one that was just as important as what he'd been doing to track down the Boss.

They needed their capo. That had always been a given, and even as he sat loyally at his side waiting for the fanfare to finish, he was thinking of what to do. Contacts he'd established, rumors he could vaguely recall. What he hadn't considered was the state of his room, the thought only coming to mind once the others had allowed them both to retire.

He froze a bit at the door, hand on the handle. "I didn't... I didn't think you'd show up in Pandora. Some of these are from a week ago, too..." The statement likely wouldn't help soothe Bruno that much, but there had to be an attempt before he opened the door for their capo to walk in. It was dark, the curtains closed and empty wine bottles sitting on most surfaces.

The desk had at least four on it, the nightstand had six. There were another two that had rolled under the bed if his foggy memory was at least somewhat correct. "... sorry."

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

He followed Leone faithfully through the foreign city, already dedicating the route to memory. This world was to be his home regardless of how temporary, and he was determined to learn it. The area about them looked fairly western - not quite Italian, but it had a modern, sleek look. The house they ended up at was more suburban than Bruno had expected.

To no one's surprise, his arrival was a great commotion in the house. There was a ruckus of excited voices and pleased hugs. While Trish and Mista were still missing, it already felt homely. In the corner, Bruno could spot Fugo, whom he readily greeted as well. Despite the way that they had departed, there was still a small, happy feeling to see him alive and healthy.

They were happy to see their Capo, a fact that warmed even his own heart. Even with Abbacchio lingering away from them all, there was... well, it felt like hope. Surrounded by familiar, happy faces, Bruno couldn't help the way that it bloomed in his heart. If they could all reunite, then maybe it couldn't hurt to remain positive over his condition. He was still moving, wasn't he?

The reunion was cut short by time, something that he could not fault them for. Now that he had the time to finally calm down, his body was beginning to show its strain. He had no obligations when they broke apart and Leone led him back to what was apparently his bedroom.

Bruno didn't need to glance inside to know what would behind the door. A multitude of wine bottles, all emptied by the man at his side. Seeing it though, the scope of all the alcohol his Soldato had drowned in the past week, punched the air out of him. The amount of stress and pain he had gone through was evident by the bottles alone.

"You need to be careful with your health, Leone," Bruno scolded as he strolled through the room, walking through the mess. He drew the curtains back slightly, allowing in only a bit more light to illuminate the space. "You mustn't get sick from this. What would I do if you did?" There were too many to stuff into the bedroom's trashcan, but it was a mess he would clean later. Yet, he still grabbed the ones sitting on the bedside table and carried them over to the table. He carefully sat them down, clearing up at least one piece of furniture.

That done, Bruno sat at the foot of Abbacchio's bed. His body no longer ached at this point, but perhaps his legs would be sour from everything he had done in the past hours - both in his world and in Pandora. Rest sounded good, even if he no longer strictly felt tired anymore. "That said, don't apologize. Everyone copes in different ways."

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

What would I do if you did? How easily Bruno could fall back into being worried about him despite the fact that he's not the one rotting is... still somehow surprising. After three years together, Leone should've known that this is how things would go but it's a shock. "I... I'm fine, my health's the way it's always been. I'm not the one who died and came back."

If either of them needed to be more careful with their health, it was Bruno currently. What Giorno did was temporary, which meant that they still didn't have a lot of time even if they managed to keep him out of trouble. His thoughts were running at a million miles an hour, trying to work out a solution as quickly as possible and coming up far more blank than he'd like to. It was going to take some time, and the mafioso wasn't entirely sure how much they had.

He stood uselessly for a moment, unsure of what to do before he slowly moved to sit next to Bruno on the bed. "You can worry about my liver as soon as you're back, for now the focus should be on you not me." Part of him had an idea of what to expect, knowing that Bruno's hand was likely to be colder than it normally would be. It didn't stop him from gently taking the other man's hand and giving it a small squeeze.

The walls could come down now. He didn't hide things from Bruno, it was nearly impossible even if Abbacchio wanted to. He was his anchor, the one thing that could give him peace of mind. More than anything else, his pale eyes reflected concern. "You died. And I know... I know there's a very small chance you'll talk about it but." But he wanted to talk about it.

Leone wanted to make sure he was okay. Learning about his own death had been something he could deal with. It was jarring, but he was fine with it. He easily accepted it with a little time spent alone. Narancia's and Bruno's had been different. Their reactions would differ greatly from his own.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

It was instinctual for him to worry over the life of another over his own. His mind thought not of his condition, but of the well being of the people around him. It has always been that way, some remnant of kindness that was never truly snuffed out by Passione. Some might have seen it as a paradox, a kind Capo, or as a weakness to exploit.

They have worked together for three long years now, but there was still surprise etched into Abbacchio's face. It made sense given that Leone just drank more than he should; meanwhile, he was dead. His numb, rotting body was a testimony to that fact. One problem was significantly worse than the other, but from where he stood, Bruno couldn't see any solutions to his. But, it wasn't a point he was willing to argue at the moment, not when things were still so tense.

"You're right," Bruno admitted with a quiet sigh as Leone sat beside him. As his hand was gently grabbed, Bruno didn't shy away from the touch. He instead laced their fingers together and tried to ignore the disparity of warmth between them. "For now, my situation takes first priority." A positive note, even if he couldn't quite believe that there even was a fix.

Talk about it. What was there to say?

It has been three days since his body had died. Three days since unimaginable pain tore through his body and lit all his nerves on fire. Between the enemies that constantly bit at their heels and their frantic search for the boss's identity, Bruno hadn't had the time to think about it. He was dead, but he had to push through it for his team. For Abbacchio. For Trish.

That didn't exist here. He finally had a moment's rest to sit down and think over his death. He died. The last he thought of it was during the car-ride but blanked it out to focus on driving. But he couldn't avoid it now. He had died on san Giorgio Maggiore Island and there was no escaping that. While Bruno knew that for a while now, he has yet to truly talk about it. Giorno had spared him the fate of revealing it to Abbacchio.

"What is there to say?" He muttered, his eyes dropping from Leone's face to their hands. It was his unharmed one, the one whose skin was still intact. "I died."

• Love

Leone Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
La morte mi troverà vivo
Pronouns
He / Him
Species
Human
Height
6'2" / 188 cm
Occupation
Consigliere
Alignment
Chaotic Neutral
Relationship Status
Married to Bruno
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

"You died, that isn't something anyone can just brush off. How... how do you feel?" His eyebrows furrowed in concern as he spoke, no longer having a reason to guard his expression from anyone. That same unmoving heart could be exposed like this, flayed out before Bruno at every moment of peaceful solitude they were granted. It was like clockwork, something Abbacchio couldn't stop himself from doing most of the time.

No one could lie to Bruno, but especially not him. Not about how he's felt at any given moment over the years, not about how much he cares for him, or for the rest of the gang, not about anything. He'd given up on trying after their first year together.

Certainly there capo could lie to them, he only ever did it with good intent but Leone liked to think he'd made that a lot harder to do. The soldato knew Bruno better than the others, had more time close up to see behind the fake smiles and quiet reassurances that hid their leader's own fears and anxieties.

He'd learned the distinctions between Bruno and Bucciarati, noting the way he'd carry himself when they were alone versus with the others. The confidence that always reassured them in battle? The older mafioso knew that it was false at times and it didn't do anything but make him love the man more than he already had.

In moments like these, it became more muddled. Bruno's attempts to not cause more concern than there already was made it so. "It's me, Bruno..." Honesty wasn't gentle, the truth wasn't kind. Both sides of the coin that made Bruno Bucciarati attempted to change it, struggled to soften a blow he never could. Leone didn't need the same caution as the others, or at least he tried not to in moments like these where their capo needed his strength too.

• Love

Bruno Bucciarati

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Capo dei Capi
Pronouns
He/Him
Species
Human
Height
5'8
Occupation
Mafioso Don
Alignment
Chaotic Good
Relationship Status
Married to Leone
link
Organizer
link

Bruno knew how humans lied - how they thought, how they looked, how they sounded, how they tasted. To call him a human lie detector was apt given how many he has unraveled. It only made sense then, that by extension, he knew how to lie. What to say and in what tone, where to look, which expression to wear. It was not something he commonly utilized; more often than not, harsh, honest words went farther.

He was far from a kind man, this he was well aware of. Men with better hearts did not commit the crimes that constituted his daily life. Yet, as he looked upon the youthful faces of his team, he could not help the gentleness that stirred within his heart. While it was his role to be a rock in the face of adversity, he was kind in ways Capo often were not. That was why he lied, to reassure their anxieties and qualms.

Yet, Abbacchio was always capable of seeing through his facades. His eagle-eyes would latch onto the tiniest hints of dishonesty, could spot any weakness in his demeanor. He had more experience with the man who lied behind the role of their leader. If there was some quiet worry, he had always been there to help him.

To pretend here would be futile. So, with a quiet sigh, he glanced away from his Soldato. "I feel nothing." The honest truth, down to each brutal syllable. "Everything is numb like I've been left to freeze." He could not even feel goosebumps that would accompany such an admission. There was no chill down his back, no underlying feeling of wrongness. His body was mute to the world.

Bruno turned to stare at the bottles of wine that had accumulated on Abbacchio's nightstand. How many more would there be once he began his search for a cure? Or would he not even pause to drink? He was here to look after them once more, but even he couldn't deny that he was steadily becoming less able to do so. How much longer until he was only a corpse sitting in the corner?

He shook the thought away, such things would help no one here. "I know that I can rely on you, Leone, but..." It was such a telltale sign, but he couldn't help but bite his lip in thought. "I'm afraid I don't have much to say. I hadn't had much time to truly dwell on what happened."

• Love

Current Season

September, October, November
Click here for the autumn updates

Status Updates

//Setting Wednesday as my next posting day, see you all soon <3 //
Sorry for being so absent, my loves!! Life has been crazy, as usual :( I will hopefully be back soon, thank you for being so patient with me <333
posts coming this week! things have been h e c t i c so thank you for the patience with me <3

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Recent Posts

Users Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Latebricole
Top Bottom