Current Season

December, January, February
Click here for the winter updates

Status Updates

I FINALLY BROKE MY SCROLL HAHA @James Ironwood I TOLD YOU I WOULD DO IT EVENTUALLY.... please fix it for me
Noticed that Cilan is currently in focus. Almost as ecstatic as he looks!!!

Featured Wanteds

Staff

Donate to Pandora

Enjoying Pandora? Consider donating to us!
All donations go towards server costs, software licenses, add-ons, themes, and future development work.

Current Events

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miri Fern
By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

Private You can take the kid outta the fight. . .

K
K

Kintoki Sakata

but you can't take the fight outta the kid!

Nov. 25th| @Ritsuka Fujimaru & @Carter J. Burke

Sakata Kintoki wasn't new to the whole dying-and-coming-back thing. As a Servant of Chaldea, it happened all the time. You made one false move, and a chimera would rip into you like a bear on a beehive, but as much as that sucked, death didn't last long. The Throne of Heroes would suck you up and spit you right back out in a matter of minutes. The first time it happened to Kintoki, he was overwhelmed by a woozy feeling that he could only describe as deja vu. At the same time,however, it was more than a sensation. He knew his memories of the battle and of Chaldea were real, even if he had no open wounds to prove it.

Maybe it felt more like going to sleep and waking up an hour later without realizing you'd nodded off.

Even so, after the third or fourth death, he got kind of used to that weird feeling.

But this. . .this was a completely different experience entirely. Boss Ritsuka swore that he'd been to Pandora before. He didn't doubt that she was telling him the truth. Why on earth would she lie? She was way too honest for that kind of thing, but even so. . .why couldn't he remember anything at all about this world? Where were his memories of his life and death?

It was enough to give him a headache, so the Servant forced that persistent train-of-thought to the back of his brain in favor of better things, like sizing up those stuffed bears in that claw-machine outside of the arcade they were just passing.

"Oh! Oi, Boss," he patted her shoulder lightly, albeit excitedly before veering off the path and sticking his face to the glass barrier of the machine. "They're so GOLDEN CUTE! Don'cha think? You want me to win one for you? We could have a matching pair! You got any spare change?"

Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Date: nov 25th, y109
OST: familiar melody

「every second, every moment is dear to me-- i, too, am living in the world where you are.」
.​
Gudako wasn't necessarily having the best month of her life, which wasn't anything new, but it still kind of sucked. From getting turned into a guy for the first week of November, to getting attacked by a monster on a night-time stroll only to be rescued by a Diarmuid that didn't know her, to getting her wallet stolen by some blond twink... the final straw that threatened to break the camel's back was when Kintoki died as a part of whatever bullshit game some random god set up, only to come back from another time and without any memories of Pandora.

Of course, she wasn't going to let Kintoki know how garbage she felt. He had enough on his plate with her having to inform him about Pandora's nature... this time with the added bonus of explaining how he was there before. She didn't want him to worry about her on top of it.

So! She kept her usual goofy grin and just picked up where they left off. A little death couldn't stop their adventures, right? If she just pretended that things were like Chaldea, or just... that whatever happened that day didn't happen, she'd be a-okay.

Thoughts of what to do in town were interrupted as Kintoki tapped her shoulder, drawing her attention to him and the arcade they were passing. "Oh, yeah! You're right, they're adorable!" She cheered, moving closer towards the crane game. "I should have some spare change, gimme a sec to..." She adjusted her bag to go digging for her wallet, but just before she could retrieve some money for Kintoki to use on the machine, her attention was drawn towards an odd noise from a nearby alley, between the arcade and a local diner.

"Did you hear something?" She asked the Berserker, though she began to move to peer into the alley without waiting for his response. A bit of curiousity never killed anyone, right?

Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

What Ritsuka heard was in fact an enemy she’d encountered several months ago, a monstrous being that she’d sworn to exterminate. Or rather, it was one of them. The creature had found itself lying low in the alleyway, not far from the abandoned subway station which it and the others had claimed as its den. An unfortunate human had just passed through and met their untimely end by means of its attack, as their corpse laid up against a wall beside the monster, difficult to distinguish aside from the smell of fresh blood.

The Xenomorph was leaning in close to the body, and to the untrained eye it would have looked as if it was feeding. The alien’s secondary jaw pulled out from the dead man’s skull and it emitted a sickening, shrill hiss before concealing itself behind the primary set of teeth. Then, the Xenomorph turned around to face the onlooking girl, letting out another, shriller screech. She had nearly disrupted it in the midst of its kill and for that, she would have to pay.

Carter Burke, who happened to be exiting the diner, was sure he’d spotted the familiar redhead from across the street. “Gudako?” he muttered quietly to himself, pausing in his tracks as he was transfixed by what she was doing. The two had not parted on good terms the last time they’d met as they’d argued over what fate the Xenomorph creature deserved, and now here she was, peering into a dark space curiously. “Whatcha looking at, kiddo?” Burke asked softly, taking a few cautious steps away from the diner and toward the alley while bracing himself for the worst.

And sure enough, he was met with the sight of the very creature he’d hoped not to see. The Xenomorph had emerged from the alleyway and lunged towards Ritsuka, thrusting its secondary jaw at her as if to try and pierce it through her head. Burke gave the scenario no second thought - he began to make a run towards the subway station’s entrance across the street, brushing right past Kintoki in the meantime. He sincerely hoped the alien would be too distracted by the two kids to chase after him, but knowing his luck, it was probably right behind him.

K
K

Kintoki Sakata

It was impossible to tell, but Kintoki's eyes gleamed with a certain determination that Ritsuka would have witnessed in the midst of battle. The grin was the same, cocky, driven. Nothing but luck stood in the way of him retrieving those freakin' awesome stuffed bears, and the Berserker had a decent amount of that stuff. He'd already picked out the ones that they'd be taking home: one with a top hat and a cane for Boss and one with a pair of sunglasses for himself.

And they would be taking them home.

Few things could come between Sakata Kintoki and his goals. Few things indeed, like the sound of a monstrous, hideous shriek echoing down a dark alleyway, could tear him away from that crane machine and all those sweet, sweet prizes. After all, it wasn't a pleasant sound, and in his experience, sounds that hellish rarely heralded the approach of something good, let alone something GOLDEN.

Pulling away from the machine, the Servant studied his Master, watched as she stared in the alleyway.

"Whaddya see," he asked, before spotting the monster as it skulked out of the darkness and towards Ritsuka. It opened its mouth. . .

And Kintoki moved with the speed and power of a bullet train, his feet pushing him off the cemented sidewalk with enough force to dent it. He left a shockwave of power in his wake, a bluster of wind that would push the passing Burke off-course and off his feet if he didn't anchor himself on time. One leap carried the Berserker within feet of the approaching monster. The second he hit the ground, he shoved himself into the beast, throwing his shoulder into its side and sending it into the wall of the diner. That side of the building rattled, as if caught in the sway of a short-lived earthquake.

Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

「every second, every moment is dear to me-- i, too, am living in the world where you are.」
.​
Ritsuka's body tensed as she took in the sight of the creature hovering over its poor victim and the smell of blood. It was a scent the girl was all too familiar with, unfortunately, but unpleasant nonetheless. However, before she could give the orders to Kintoki to attack, a face she'd rather not see came sauntering over. The girl wasn't too much of a believer when it came to the concept of fate, but she did firmly believe in luck. In this case, either her luck or Burke's own was hilariously low at the moment.

"Don't call me kiddo," She replied tersely, a little ironic given her brief history of disrespect towards the man, "and you shouldn't--" Before she could finish, the alien had noticed her presence and had lunged towards her with the intent to kill. Burke had decided to flee, and rightfully so-- he was an ordinary guy, after all. However, the teenage mage kept her feet firmly on the ground, staring down the approaching creature and her own demise...

Which, of course, wouldn't happen anytime soon on Kintoki's watch.

Unflinching, she remained standing firm as the Berserker retaliated against the alien with inhuman speed, as if this were a regular or expected occurrence. "Can't say I expected anything different, but that was a little cold, don't you think?" She sighed, glancing at Burke as she heard the building quake from the force of the Servant slamming the alien into it. "Totally would've haunted you for that one if he wasn't here." With her somewhat sarcastic (but definitely kind of annoyed) snarking out of the way, she turned her attention to her golden companion.

"Thanks for the save, Kintoki!" She called cheerfully, as if she were cheering on a friend for something more mundane, rather than cheering for an extraterrestrial beatdown. "Its blood is acidic so be careful, but you should be fine to kill it! Try not to cause too much property damage!" It would likely be turned into nothing but a stain on the pavement with Kintoki's strength, but having a monster to kill would be refreshing for him, hopefully.

Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Damn it. Here he was trying to live out a normal day, just for once, and then he’d found himself smack dab in the middle of insanity again. It seemed as if trouble followed him wherever he went, especially when Gudako was around. She was like some kind of bad luck magnet, and one that hated him to top it off. She was already spouting sarcastic remarks but Burke had no time to counter them. He knew he needed to get away from her and the Xenomorph as immediately as possible, so he picked up the pace without daring to look back at all. The entrance to the subway station was pretty close if only he could get there in time without running out of breath.

Or in this case, not be hit with a bluster of wind brought on by a powerful force of energy.

Burke was knocked off his feet and landed right on his bottom as he was hit by the whirlwind. “Oof!” Wincing in pain as he was sure he’d bruised his tailbone, he exhaled sharply and finally turned his head in the direction opposite of where he’d been moving towards. “W-wha…?” For a couple of seconds, all he could do was stare with his mouth slightly agape. Dents and cracks covered the pavement, and they were formed in a path which led to a weird looking blonde guy. He watched dumbfounded as the blonde leaped higher into the air than any human was capable of - except perhaps Gudako - and sailed toward the Xenomorph at an unbelievable speed.

The Xenomorph let out a terrible cry as it’s side was practically impaled by the super-powered man’s shoulder and soared into the diner with a monstrous crash. Green droplets of acid blood dripped from its side and mouth, melting holes into the already deeply damaged diner and sidewalk.

What the hell?!

Standing up and brushing the dust off his pants, Burke stepped up to Gudako and the blonde. At first he was at a loss for words, but in time he finally found some. “Okay, kid--” he started, quickly correcting himself as to avoid another potential scolding, “Gudako, would ya mind telling me just what the hell happened here?” Giving a glance to Kintoki, he added, “who is this powerhouse? Wait, don’t tell me - he’s your hired help from Sword and Shield, here to lend a hand in blowing the first real opportunity that Pandora’s had to offer me to smithereens!”

Burke gestured toward the Xenomorph, which let out a weak hiss before dropping its head back to the ground. It looked like it had a foot through death’s door, and one more blow from Blondie would undoubtedly kill it. Returning his gaze to Blonde Boy, he put his hands on his hips and shook his head slowly in disapproval. “This is nuts. How can there be not one superpowered kid living in Centria, but two?! Is there some kinda school for the freakishly powerful stationed nearby?!”

K
K

Kintoki Sakata

Kintoki studied the creature, watching the way the acid oozed from new openings and ate away at the wall of the diner. It fascinated the Servant. In all his years of monster hunting, he had never encountered something with a gimmick like this. On paper, it was pretty COOL. Right now, though, with Boss and civilians around, it was a danger. He'd have to comment on its niche much later, when everything was GOLDEN again and people weren't apt to getting hurt because of it.

The smell of fresh blood was enough to keep his bearings straight, reminding him that this thing was preying on people and would need to be exterminated like the vermin that it ultimately was, no matter how COOL his blood was.

"Don't worry about a thing, Boss. This thing's already hangin' over Naraka by a thread anyway." Shame, that. It hadn't put up much of a fight like he'd hoped. It was going down, that was for certain, but at the least it could have gone down with a better bang than this. It was what it was, though, and Kintoki had to take a moment to thank his lucky stars that things had gone as smoothly as they had so far, given their surroundings and all.

Besides, Heroes didn't go looking for trouble. How'd that saying go? Prepare for the worst but hope for the best? Right? That seemed like a GOLDEN way of looking at things. He could live by that.

As it were, he had a job to finish. Boss could handle the formalities, even if it looked like she wasn't particularly interested in carrying on a conversation with this guy. She was practically radiating hostility. This guy wasn't going to get in the way, was he?

Swiftly, the Servant seized the weakened fiend, throwing his arm around its shoulder and pulling it into a tight headlock. He could feel the heat of acid eating away at his shirt, stinging against his skin, but it wasn't anything his Perfect Body couldn't handle. He put his hand across its bulbous head, fingers pressing down hard, getting a grip. With a smooth flex of his arm, Kintoki twisted its neck until it gave a fine, satisfactory "pop".

And then he let it drop limply to the ground, rubbing his hands as he watched it. "That should do it, right? Ain't got anymore surprises I should know about, huh, Boss?"

Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

.​
Gudako looked quite content with the way things were panning out, giving her friendly Heroic Spirit a bright smile in response to his reassurance. She was really glad that she had Kintoki by her side, though she wished that there was something to quench his thirst for a good fight... She had hoped the alien would be a little stronger than that, but for someone who could beat a massive dragon to death, it was an easy win after all. They'd have to keep looking, huh?

Her thoughts were cut off as she was addressed by Burke, her smile fading into a more neutral expression. "What happened? Well... it's kind of obvious, that alien's getting its ass kicked." She responded simply, as if it were an obvious answer, though her eyebrows rose in slight bemusement as he asked if he was a part of Sword and Shield. "I don't think anyone at Sword & Shield could even compare to him, honestly. He's just a friendly Heroic Spirit that I was lucky to summon back home, and luckier to have come to Pandora. Calling him hired help is a bit mean, don't you think?" She waved dismissively, "Running into this thing was just luck-- or a lack of luck, maybe?"

"I wouldn't compare me to Kintoki-- he's way stronger than me. This is like a walk in the park compared to some of the stuff I've seen him fight back home." She gestured right as the alien's neck snapped with a sickening pop in the Berserker's grip. That was a sound that, while it made a part of her cringe from the sound of it, signaled the end of that little fight, so she angled herself so she could see Burke and Kintoki. Burke, to make sure he didn't do anything, and Kintoki because... well, she wanted to go back to having a chill day once this was all settled.

"Good work! Did you get burnt, or did Perfect Body prevent it?" She asked the Servant cheerfully, getting ready to prep a healing spell, just in case. "I think we should be fine! I mean, there's--" She had begun to dismiss the notion of another surprise attack before she heard another familiar screech, this time coming from the subway station Burke was previously scrambling towards before Kintoki knocked him on his ass. Of course, she'd jinx it.

"... I thought there was only one of those things." She spoke up, an air of seriousness to her tone as she looked to Burke.

Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

A deadpan expression fell over Burke’s face as Gudako merely chose to tell him the obvious. The alien was definitely getting its sorry behind kicked, that was clear as day, but the fact that the being who was doing the job looked so human required a serious explanation. Sure, the guy had muscles but so did everybody in the Marine Corps back at home. And as tough as those guys were, they hadn’t stood a chance against the Xenomorph attack which took place at Hadley’s Hope. Of course, not a single one of those men had godlike abilities, while Blondie most certainly did.

Burke was about ready to open his mouth and ask how somebody could be so insanely powerful, but Gudako was already two steps ahead. Her little story however, only brought additional questions to mind. “I’m sorry,” he spoke immediately at the moment he was given the chance to, “but that doesn’t make an ounce of sense! I understand you’re a superhero kid with some kinda magic powers, but summoning heroic spirits? What is that even supposed to mean? You telling me that this - this overpowered muscle machine, he’s a ghost? Burke took a step back gave his head another slight shake, dissatisfied with his own theory despite it being all he was able to think of.

Burke’s attention flitted to Ghosty just in time to witness his arm wrap around the alien’s neck and effortlessly snap it like a twig. His stomach turned at the horrible sight - the creature had an appearance more disgusting than usual with its body mangled and dripping with acidic blood. It was also hard not to notice that while the green substance had burned holes in the pavement and the diner’s walls, it had hardly made Muscle Man flinch. Perhaps, Burke suspected, this was due to his incorporeal state - or whatever it was Gudako has referred to. “Woah, woah. Hold on a second. Perfect Body? Burke looked baffled. “What body would you be talking about here? You said it yourself, the guy’s a spirit, a-a ghost, he doesn’t have a real bo--”

Before he could finish his argument, the all too familiar screech interrupted him. What the hell? Burke shot a worried glance over to Kintoki and the undeniably dead Xenomorph, and then at Gudako. “There was one...” He gulped.

Another screech sounded off, this time higher-pitched but much louder. While they had been arguing, a new Xenomorph had burst out from the subway station, fast as lightning, and was standing right behind them with its mouth hanging open. With its secondary jaw extended, it was aiming for the back of Burke’s curly-haired head. Drool seeped from the monster’s fangs and dripped onto his shoulder, fortunately warning him of its presence right before it could land a killing blow.

“Oh, God!”

The smaller jaw thrust forward, but not quickly enough to do any harm. Burke had already taken off towards the subway station’s entrance. This time he’d been fortunate enough to make it to the stairs, which led down to a dark, damp tunnel below. As Burke began to climb down the steps, the Xenomorph turned its attention to Kintoki and Gudako, launching itself at the two of them in a catlike pounce.

K
K

Kintoki Sakata

"Nah, Boss. I'm GOLDEN. See?" He angled himself so she could in fact verify that the damage done really didn't stand a chance against his Perfect Body skill. What burns that had been eating away his clothes and skin were quickly disappearing, healing near instantly. If he'd been in contact longer, perhaps things would have been worse, but it wasn't a thought he was willing to dwell on. Fact of the matter was, he won. No use talking about the hypothetical.

Wound healed, the Servant stepped into the alleyway while Ritsuka and her acquaintance went back-and-forth. Business talk tended to bore him, and besides, he wanted to pay respects to the poor soul that had been attacked by that alien. Seemed only natural to -at the very least- close his eyes. Maybe they should call somebody to take care of the body.

Kneeling, Kintoki reached out and brushed the victim's eyes shut when a second shrill snapped him to attention. There was that surprise he was wondering about, not that he minded terribly much. Maybe this new one wouldn't put up much of a fight either, but at least they were taking care of some annoying vermin in the process. Couldn't have anymore causalities like this guy here. The GOLDEN HERO didn't want to think about the loved ones he'd left behind. All he could do for the man was take out the cause of his family's heartache.

All in all, today was turning out to be a pretty productive day!

The Berserker stood, eyes on the monster as it appeared, hovering over Burke like it'd already marked him as a meal.

He had one shot. He'd have to make it count.

Kintoki tensed his muscles, preparing to rush the fiend, pull the man out of the way, and give it the beat down of a lifetime, when the guy got wise and moved out of the way for him. The Berserker was so stricken by the sudden action, all he could do was watch Suits until he was out of view. "Gotta give 'im credit, Boss.Guy's GOLDEN quick on his feet." Slippery, at any rate. At least he was out of harm's way. Kintoki couldn't ask for better.

Sweeping down the alleyway, the Servant met the alien in its pounce, hooking his arms around its torso. Together, they rolled into the open streets of the city. An incoming car screeched to a halt. He barely gave heed to the driver's honking and swearing, merely took the alien's head in his hand and bashed it into the street. The smooth gravel gave way, cratering with each impact.

Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link
Date: nov 25th, y109
OST: emergency
Tag: burke + kintoki

.​
She was about to reply to her friend with something like a "that's good, glad to hear!" or a "good work there!" but, instead, her relief that Kintoki was fine was quickly overshadowed by the growing look of annoyance on her face, eyebrow twitching as she scowled with Burke's lack of understanding. "If he was incorporeal, how could he kill an alien?! You've got a brain, right? Use it!" She cried out in disbelief and annoyance. The Berserker had since turned his attention to the victim, which was good since fatalities were more important than a teenager calling a grown man an idiot, but she somewhat wished he could diffuse the tension.

Before she could correct his misconceptions, however, the alien had made its way out of the subway station and was now looming over Burke's head like an omen of death. Even Gudako couldn't help but freeze in the moment, but the beast's hunger proved to be its downfall, and Burke managed to slip away from the incoming attack when the second mouth drooled on his shoulder.

Of course, this meant he was leaving her and Kintoki to take care of the mess. Bastard. "I'd rather not give him credit for anything yet... I've got a few choice words for this jerk, first!" She gasped as for a moment, the alien's attention turned to her with a snarl and a swipe of its claws-- barely dodged by her own meager speed. The creature was quickly met with a tackle into the street from Kintoki, and the honking of an irritated driver.

"Sorry--" She called out to the driver, moving slightly closer to the action to see Kintoki beating the creature's head into the street, and Burke's form retreating down the subway station's stairs. Gritting her teeth, she ran around the action and towards the stairs leading underground. "Kintoki! We're gonna take this fight down here!" She yelled to Kintoki, her tone briefly befitting a commander's rather than a happy-go-lucky teenager's before she rushed underground as fast as she could.

Once she had carefully run down the steps to catch up with the retreating Burke, she roughly grabbed the back of his shirt's collar, attempting to yank him to the side to halt his escape. Not the best thing for either of them, probably, but she needed answers, immediately. "You-- tell me what the hell is going on, now." She hissed, her tone far more serious than one would expect from her usual demeanor. "I thought there was only supposed to be one of those things, why the fuck is there another one?! Do you have something to do with this?"

Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Without even the slightest bit of temptation to glance over his shoulder, Burke continued to pace down the steps, doing his very best to ignore the noise of car horns, screeching and swearing coming from behind. He didn’t really have a desire to watch the gory battle between the alien and the ghost guy take place, nor did he think he'd be able to stomach the smell of the former’s acid blood any longer. His greatest priority was to get the hell away from the two super-kids and the creature by means of hiding in the subway station, then wait it out until the fight had ended, hopefully in the Blondie’s victory. Whoever or whatever that guy was, he seemed to be surprisingly matched with the Xenomorph in strength so there was a pretty good chance that he could knock it out or kill it.

What bothered him, however, was that there was now a new Xenomorph in Pandora that required a beating. Until now, he’d only ever known of the one that had followed him to Neo Dubai and suffered a mortal injury, courtesy of Gudako. Had the Pantheon thrown a couple more of the beasts into their world for good measure? Burke paused in his tracks as he considered the theory, a move which turned out to not be very wise as he immediately felt a rough tug against his shirt collar afterwards. He nearly tripped on one of the steps as his former friend pulled him over to the side of the tunnel and looked him in the eye with a certain ferocity.

Leaning against the tunnel’s wall, Burke stared back at Gudako fearfully, unsure of whether or not she was going to pummel him if he gave her an answer she didn’t like. “Okay, l-look kiddo--” he paused, swallowing a nervous lump in his throat the moment after the nickname she hated had escaped him, “I’m just as in the dark about this as you are! If you think I brought that monster here, that I wanted this to happen, you’ve got another thing coming, ‘cause being chased and attacked in the middle of a busy street after having a good-sized lunch is not the kinda situation I would want to sign up for.” He rubbed his sides and frowned. “You know, all of this running around? It's giving me muscle cramps.”

His attempt to lighten the mood with his trivial complaints failed miserably as another screech sounded off from behind them - and this time, the noise had come from the inside of the subway station. So much for that hiding spot, Burke thought pessimistically to himself as he glanced toward the depths of the tunnel and then back to Gudako, wearing the most sheepish, queasy expression on his face. “Look, we’ve gotta run, we’ve gotta get the hell outta here. For all I know, we’re dealing with a-a whole hive of those creatures. There might be a, I don’t know - a Queen in there or something. And Perfect Body or not, I can't be sure how much more your pal over there can handle.”

Last edited:
K
K

Kintoki Sakata

Kintoki could feel the creature's life draining in his very hand, even as it thrashed against his weight. From beyond him, he could hear Boss calling out to him, ordering him to follow, but he had a fight to finish, a vermin to exterminate.

This wouldn't take much longer.

It tried bucking him off; the Servant squeezed his knees into its torso, bearing down, and dug his fingers into its forehead, grasping. He pulled up and then with one final push, drove the back of the alien's head into the dented pavement. Acid splashed from its open head like water from a popped balloon, eating away at the gravel and cement. He felt it sizzling away at his face and hands. The pain felt a lot like being bitten by a colony of ants more than anything else, something that could be dealt with and ignored as his body fought against the erosion.

Kintoki stood and studied the fiend as it lay there dead before remembering Boss' orders. Glancing at the backed-up traffic, the Servant thoughtfully heaved the body of the alien into the alleyway where its friend lay and nudged a short wave to the drivers. "You're clear!" Not much he could do about the pot-hole that was forming in the street. He wasn't trained for that sort of thing. Besides, Boss needed him. He had to catch up to her, and quickly! Who knew what she was going to do to that guy once she caught him!?

In the tunnel, the Berserker kept subtle watch as Ritsuka snatched the man by the collar of his shirt. Very few things got under the Magus' skin like this. He couldn't begin to imagine what foul this guy must have committed against her, but it obviously had something to do with the monsters that had jumped them. Regardless, he was prepared to step in just in case things got out of hand. They had enough to deal with without trying to turn on each other. He didn't know jack about these creatures, but in his experience with vermin, where there was one, there was another, and where there were two, there were bound to be dozens more.

Boss' acquaintance seemed all too keen on that fact too.

Approaching the pair, the Servant put his hand on Ritsuka's shoulder in an attempt to anchor her nerves, the raw places of flesh where the acid had eaten through healing even as he spoke. "Nah.That ain't happening." He shook his head. "You're sayin' there might be more, and I gotta hunch you're right on that. If that's the case then we can't run. I don't fault you for fleein'; you're just a wimpy human, but as far as me and Boss go, we got a responsibility to protect this city, and if that means charging into a whole village of these things then I will. There ain't been a thing in this land that's bested me yet, and I don't think I've found it today either."

Last edited by a moderator:
Race
Human
Alignment
Chaotic Good
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

.​
Ugh, was this guy serious? The joke did nothing to cut through the tension as the young mage's stare remained fixed on the man, brows furrowed in irritation. He was seriously trying to joke about getting muscle cramps when the alien that he wanted to use for quick cash had killed someone-- and was now able to reproduce. Make more aliens that could terrorize the people of Pandora.

His insistence that they should leave was something that made her open her mouth to begin yelling out a scolding, but Kintoki's shoulder pat was able to stop her before she could do anything past taking a breath in. That's right, she couldn't get mad. No matter how angry this guy was making her, she couldn't let it get under her skin right now. She had to be level-headed. It was like Chaldea, where she could be annoyed with someone, but at the end of the day, they were all on the same team. They had to work together, and there was no time for grudges.

She let out a deep sigh, releasing her grip on the man's collar as her demeanor became notably less hostile. "Kintoki's right. If there's more of them, we need to take care of them before anything else happens. The first one already killed someone, after all." She crossed her arms as she spoke. The irritation in her voice was still there, but it was subtle-- hidden underneath a more professional tone. "Besides, I said before that Kintoki's fought tougher creatures! If he can beat a Demonic Boar to death by himself, I'm sure he can take care of a nest of these things without breaking a sweat." She gave the Berserker a smile, optimistic and thankful.

"We can probably use your Noble Phantasm, actually-- if you want to use it that is." She mused to Kintoki, not caring to explain further to Burke. "It'd make everything go a lot faster, at least." Of course, Burke wasn't out of trouble yet. As she finished addressing her companion, she whipped around to face Burke, pointing a finger at him accusingly.

"And you, sir, are going to watch us kill these things. No ifs, ands, or buts." While it is not as hostile as it was previously, there was still a bit of hostility to it. "You're not going to make a single dollar off of these things, and I'm going to make sure of it. Consider this payback for using us as a distraction... twice! " She was still mad about that. What the fuck, Burke.

Race
Human
Alignment
Lawful Evil
link
Organizer
link
Directory
link

Judging by the fire in Gudako’s eyes and her urge to shout visibly building up, Burke could figure out that his quip had fallen about as flat as a pancake. He cursed at himself internally for tacking on the useless complaint, even though he truly was feeling a stitch in his side from so much running on a full stomach. It also didn’t help matters that the situation with the Xenomorphs attacking and potentially being attacked was stressing him out, and the smell of the creatures’ acidic blood was uncomfortably pungent. He wished that Gudako would be willing to take it just a little easier on him so he wouldn’t have to feel overwhelmed with discomfort and anxiety, but that didn’t seem likely as she looked as if she was about to burst with anger.

At least, she appeared that way until her buff buddy rested a hand on her shoulder. Thankfully, the gentle, reassuring touch seemed to calm her down at least for the time being so he wouldn’t have to be at the receiving end of a temper tantrum. Burke couldn’t help but give a light sigh in relief as Gudako finally let go of him, but as soon as Kintoki started giving his little speech, he came back to the realization that this predicament was far from over. “We cannot go in there and exterminate what’s left of a unique species,” Burke said plainly in response, crossing his arms and frowning. “That isn’t a decision for us to make,” he shook his head, “it’s not right, it’s dangerous--!”

Before he could keep going on about why the Xenomorphs were better left alive than dead, Gudako butted in instantly, voicing her agreement with the blonde and dropping a couple of terms that were foreign to him. “Look, I don’t care how strong a so-called demonic boar is, the Queen is gonna be a lot tougher, that I can guarantee,” Burke explained, despite having no solid evidence to base his theory on, or if a Queen existed at all. “And she won’t be alone--look, this is not a great idea, okay? Not even if you use your phantom-whatnots. What we need to do is call up a reliable science facility who can have them extracted and taken to a lab--a reservation of some kind!”

Burke hoped that at least one of the two would see where he was coming from, but his rant apparently fell on deaf ears. Instead of getting a positive reaction from either, he was presented with an accusatory finger pointing directly at his face, paired with the most ridiculous instructions he’d ever heard. “Woah, wait a second. You are not making me go in there. No way, José. You are taking this way too far.” He took a step backwards and held up his hands defensively. “And what if one of those things tries to kill me, huh? You gonna come to my rescue or will you be at peace with my blood on your hands?”

Top Bottom